Primary Group
Community Mapper
My Groups
More
My Contact & Social Links
More
Signature
Fallout Assault Center - Released!

Z ASYLUM - WIP  https://ugx-mods.com/forum/index.php/topic,15236.msg150610.html#msg150610

Xbl, psn, and steam username is nickst98
nickst98's Groups
Donator ♥ Benevolent Soul who has our eternal gratitude and exclusive access to betas and the donator section of the forum.
Community Mapper Has released one or more maps to the UGX-Mods community which have been added to the UGX Map Manager.
broken avatar :(
Date Registered: 6 August 2012
Last active: 7 years ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Pack-a-Puncher
Primary Group
More
Personal Quote
TMG Modeller and Animator
Signature
Current W.I.P Map
nazi_zombie_ash (the name may change)
Map Progress:
65%

Need help with guns, sounds or models send me a PM
P0rkRoyalz's Groups
P0rkRoyalz's Contact & Social Linksa13xm33P0rkRoyalzP0rkRoyalz
its alright what are you mainly going to be using it for just games and modding? and also if your going to be doing both of those ^ in my opinion a desktop will be better because you can always upgrade it to a wider range than you can a laptop and a laptop is to small and confined for modding and games but thats my opinion so if i were you i would choose a desktop
Date Registered: 25 June 2012
Last active: 4 years ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Zombie Enslaver
Primary Group
Community Mapper
My Groups
More
More
nickst98's Groups
Donator ♥ Benevolent Soul who has our eternal gratitude and exclusive access to betas and the donator section of the forum.
Community Mapper Has released one or more maps to the UGX-Mods community which have been added to the UGX Map Manager.
its alright what are you mainly going to be using it for just games and modding? and also if your going to be doing both of those ^ in my opinion a desktop will be better because you can always upgrade it to a wider range than you can a laptop and a laptop is to small and confined for modding and games but thats my opinion so if i were you i would choose a desktop

im looking at the craigslist one i have the amazon one
[UGX] Founder
Date Registered: 24 June 2011
Last active: 9 months ago
Respect
6,691Add +1
Forum Rank
Immortal
Primary Group
UGX Administrator
My Groups
More
More
Signature
If Java had true garbage collection, most programs would delete themselves upon execution.
treminaor's Groups
UGX Administrator
UGX Team Member
UGX Site Moderator Has the ability to issue warnings to users, edit and remove posts from the forum and to move topics to other boards. Upholds the rules of the forum. Moderates Chat Rooms.
The CPU he put in is not great, and the GFX card could be better - he didn't mention what motherboard he put in the LAN box - that would be my first question. If the motherboard supports the latest version of LGA slots and CPUs, then $400 is reasonable - otherwise I would cut the price in half. Also ask what PSU he put in it. Hell, ask for the whole spec sheet, theres no reason for him to have not posted that already in the ad.

It's also pretty laughable that he thinks the CPU is "fast enough, especially in this small of a package" -  :please:

First sentence in the ad states that he made this computer 11 months ago for a customer who never showed up - that's a good indication right there that the hardware is out of date - 11 months is a very large part of the lifespan of a cutting edge computer - most of the hardware is out of date at this point. $400 is too high for 11 month old equipment.

And once you buy it you will probably need to spend $350 on a new CPU and $300 on a new GFX card if you want something that will max out 2013 games.
Respect
Forum Rank
Zombie Enslaver
Primary Group
Community Mapper
My Groups
More
More
nickst98's Groups
The CPU he put in is not great, and the GFX card could be better - he didn't mention what motherboard he put in the LAN box - that would be my first question. If the motherboard supports the latest version of LGA slots and CPUs, then $400 is reasonable - otherwise I would cut the price in half. Also ask what PSU he put in it. Hell, ask for the whole spec sheet, theres no reason for him to have not posted that already in the ad.

It's also pretty laughable that he thinks the CPU is "fast enough, especially in this small of a package" -  :please:

First sentence in the ad states that he made this computer 11 months ago for a customer who never showed up - that's a good indication right there that the hardware is out of date - 11 months is a very large part of the lifespan of a cutting edge computer - most of the hardware is out of date at this point. $400 is too high for 11 month old equipment.

And once you buy it you will probably need to spend $350 on a new CPU and $300 on a new GFX card if you want something that will max out 2013 games.

all i need it for is cod w@w and bo2 and extra storage space
[UGX] Founder
Respect
6,691Add +1
Forum Rank
Immortal
Primary Group
UGX Administrator
My Groups
More
More
treminaor's Groups
UGX Administrator
UGX Team Member
UGX Site Moderator Has the ability to issue warnings to users, edit and remove posts from the forum and to move topics to other boards. Upholds the rules of the forum. Moderates Chat Rooms.
all i need it for is cod w@w and bo2 and extra storage space
You sure about that... and if so then I guess this PC will fit your needs - I would still try to get him down to $300 since the parts are a year old and outdated.
Respect
Forum Rank
Zombie Enslaver
Primary Group
Community Mapper
My Groups
More
More
nickst98's Groups
You sure about that... and if so then I guess this PC will fit your needs - I would still try to get him down to $300 since the parts are a year old and outdated.

ok ill see what i can do. thanks trem
[UGX] Founder
Respect
6,691Add +1
Forum Rank
Immortal
Primary Group
UGX Administrator
My Groups
More
More
treminaor's Groups
UGX Administrator
UGX Team Member
ok ill see what i can do. thanks trem
If he won't come down on price, ask for a complete spec sheet that has all the component model numbers so that we can make a guess as to how much the parts are currently worth.
Respect
Forum Rank
Zombie Enslaver
Primary Group
Community Mapper
My Groups
More
More
nickst98's Groups
If he won't come down on price, ask for a complete spec sheet that has all the component model numbers so that we can make a guess as to how much the parts are currently worth.

ok
Respect
Forum Rank
Zombie Enslaver
Primary Group
Community Mapper
My Groups
More
More
nickst98's Groups
how about this? looking for good bo2 and w@w framerate

http://www.ebay.com/itm/AMD-FX-4100-8GB-1TB-DVDRW-QUAD-CORE-CUSTOM-DESKTOP-PC-COMPUTER-SYSTEM-HDD-/400422773104?pt=Desktop_PCs&hash=item5d3b0ea170

the max i could go is $600 with shipping ($50) so 550 without shipping.

i dont care about wireless net, my room has the router in it. also add suggestions if you have any that arent more money than i have. and should i buy my os from amazon or this guy? looking for best price.

not looking for the fastest alienware type pc, just something that is fast enough to run bo2 and w@w at full or at least close to top settings at at least 60 fps.

thanks
Scripter
Date Registered: 7 July 2011
Respect
Forum Rank
Legless Crawler
Primary Group
UGX V.I.P.
My Groups
More
Personal Quote
mmm sexeh
npissoawsome's Groups
UGX V.I.P.
UGX V.I.P.
npissoawsome's Contact & Social Links
that thing is crap, it uses integrated graphics.

save up your money, and buy something better, literally at this point $100 could make it or break it
Last Edit: February 28, 2013, 04:35:04 am by npissoawsome
Respect
Forum Rank
Zombie Enslaver
Primary Group
Community Mapper
My Groups
More
More
nickst98's Groups
well can someone link me to a good pc $500 or below then, nothing super fast i just want something medium or just below. my question is will any of the pcs i posted run w@w and bo2 at a acceptable speed? dont realy need top settings i geuss, just average
Last Edit: February 28, 2013, 12:29:23 pm by nickst98
Date Registered: 27 August 2012
Last active: 4 months ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Zombie Colossus
Primary Group
Custom Map Reviewer
My Groups
More
More
Personal Quote
Tommy Wonka & the Idea Factory
tomikaze's Groups
Custom Map Reviewer Has permission to post map review topics in the Custom Map Reviews section of the forum.
Oil Rig Beta Access
Oil Rig Beta Access
$500 Gaming PC System Components, Dec 2012 article from, Tom's Hardware.com

http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/budget-gaming-do-it-yourself-computer,3364.html

CPU - Intel Pentium G850 (Sandy Bridge): 2.9 GHz Base Clock Rate, No Turbo Boost, 3 MB Shared L3 Cache $70
Motherboard - ASRock H77 Pro4/MVP: LGA 1155, Intel H77 Express $70
RAM - G.Skill Value Series 8 GB (2 x 4 GB) DDR3-1333 F3-10600CL9D-8GBNT $34
Graphics - PowerColor AX7850 1GBD5-DH: Radeon HD 7850 1 GB $170
Hard Drive - Western Digital WD3200AAKX: 320 GB, 7200 RPM SATA 6Gb/s Hard Drive $65
Case - Rosewill Blackbone ATX Mid-Tower $40
Power Supply - Antec VP-450 450 W $36
Optical Drive - LG 24x DVD Burner SATA Model GH24NS90-OEM $16

Total Price - $501

Respect
Forum Rank
Zombie Enslaver
Primary Group
Community Mapper
My Groups
More
More
nickst98's Groups
$500 Gaming PC System Components, Dec 2012 article from, Tom's Hardware.com

http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/budget-gaming-do-it-yourself-computer,3364.html

CPU - Intel Pentium G850 (Sandy Bridge): 2.9 GHz Base Clock Rate, No Turbo Boost, 3 MB Shared L3 Cache $70
Motherboard - ASRock H77 Pro4/MVP: LGA 1155, Intel H77 Express $70
RAM - G.Skill Value Series 8 GB (2 x 4 GB) DDR3-1333 F3-10600CL9D-8GBNT $34
Graphics - PowerColor AX7850 1GBD5-DH: Radeon HD 7850 1 GB $170
Hard Drive - Western Digital WD3200AAKX: 320 GB, 7200 RPM SATA 6Gb/s Hard Drive $65
Case - Rosewill Blackbone ATX Mid-Tower $40
Power Supply - Antec VP-450 450 W $36
Optical Drive - LG 24x DVD Burner SATA Model GH24NS90-OEM $16

Total Price - $501

ill look into it thanks
Scripter
Date Registered: 7 July 2011
Respect
Forum Rank
Legless Crawler
Primary Group
UGX V.I.P.
My Groups
More
Personal Quote
mmm sexeh
npissoawsome's Groups
UGX V.I.P.
UGX V.I.P.
npissoawsome's Contact & Social Links
That's actually a really nice comp for $500. I'd save up for $600 and get a i3 with hyper threading

EDIT:
here

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=btYNJrkPrbk
http://teksyndicate.com/videos/build-550-gaming-pc-june-2012
Last Edit: March 05, 2013, 02:11:33 am by npissoawsome

Loading ...