Last active: 6 years ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Pack-a-Puncher
Primary Group
My Contact & Social Links
More
Signature
I like the half of you double so much that you must earn it, or the double!
Cold_banana's Groups
Cold_banana's Contact & Social LinksCold-Bananathekingofmk7
It always confuses me when I see this statement too, as far as I'm concerned the engine is (Now) about as up to date as any other game engine being used in the industry

The engine is so shit they can't even add a proper driving sequence in the game (look at bo2, aw and other cods they all had driving the campaign but it was ridiculous), or destructible environments, or anything more than the base first person shooting for that matter and even that is not refined enough as I mentioned before.
broken avatar :(
  • steviewonder87
  • Deleted Member
steviewonder87
This user is deleted :(
The engine is so shit they can't even add a proper driving sequence in the game (look at bo2, aw and other cods they all had driving the campaign but it was ridiculous), or destructible environments, or anything more than the base first person shooting for that matter and even that is not refined enough as I mentioned before.

Yeh but it's a catch 22 because this (heavily mangled and modified) old engine is what gives COD the 'COD' feel; which in turn is what makes it so popular. The fact the core mechanics are not really changed since COD3/4 really (apart from some extra player movements here and there) is what gives players the familiarity that they are playing COD and not some other FPS. Whenever the devs add new stuff people just bitch about how 'it's not like the old CODs' anyway lmao, how can they win?

Anyway I mostly play COD for the zombies these days and the engine is fine for that tbh.
Date Registered: 29 July 2015
Last active: 5 years ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Perk Hacker
Primary Group
Donator ♥
My Groups
More
More
Personal Quote
children should not be playing call of duty
Signature
⠀⠀⠀⣴⣴⡤
⠀⣠⠀⢿⠇⡇⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⢰⢷⡗
⠀⢶⢽⠿⣗⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⣼⡧⠂⠀⠀⣼⣷⡆
⠀⠀⣾⢶⠐⣱⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⣤⣜⣻⣧⣲⣦⠤⣧⣿⠶
⠀⢀⣿⣿⣇⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠛⠿⣿⣿⣷⣤⣄⡹⣿⣷
⠀⢸⣿⢸⣿⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠈⠙⢿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿
⠀⠿⠃⠈⠿⠆⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠹⠿⠿⠿

⠀⢀⢀⡀⠀⢀⣤⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⡀⡀
⠀⣿⡟⡇⠀⠭⡋⠅⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⢰⣟⢿
⠀⣹⡌⠀⠀⣨⣾⣷⣄⠀⠀⠀⠀⢈⠔⠌
⠰⣷⣿⡀⢐⢿⣿⣿⢻⠀⠀⠀⢠⣿⡿⡤⣴⠄⢀⣀⡀
⠘⣿⣿⠂⠈⢸⣿⣿⣸⠀⠀⠀⢘⣿⣿⣀⡠⣠⣺⣿⣷
⠀⣿⣿⡆⠀⢸⣿⣿⣾⡇⠀⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣗⣻⡻⠿⠁
⠀⣿⣿⡇⠀⢸⣿⣿⡇⠀⠀⠉⠉⠉⠉⠉⠉⠁
Koan's Groups
Donator ♥ Benevolent Soul who has our eternal gratitude and exclusive access to betas and the donator section of the forum.
Oil Rig Beta Access
Oil Rig Beta Access
Koan's Contact & Social Linksh-r_Koan_my website
I'm not fussed about the future setting, it's the fact that CoD rarely do anything good with it (in my opinion). I'd love to see them return to Cold War settings because it's such a fascinating timeline surrounded with mystery and conspiracy, but unfortunately they decided BO1 was enough.

I think the franchise should be put to rest. Talented and creative developers are pushing out these games 'because Activision', instead of being able to dig deep into their imaginations and work on their own passion projects. Maybe some of them do feel passionate for the franchise, but I'm willing to believe they're few and far between.
Senpai
Date Registered: 28 September 2013
Last active: 3 years ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Zombie Enslaver
Primary Group
Box Mappers Elite
My Groups
More
More
arceus's Groups
Box Mappers Elite
Box Mappers Elite
arceus's Contact & Social LinksarceusNT
the engine isnt why the driving sucked :please: why it wasnt the best is cause they prolly didnt wanna spend the time to make a fully working and full on driving system for one part of the game, they could easily make it better, but its not a driving game, its a fps
Constants and Variables
Date Registered: 18 August 2013
Last active: 2 years ago
Respect
Forum Rank
The Decider
Primary Group
Box Mappers Elite
My Groups
More
More
Personal Quote
The Worst Secret Agent Ever
Signature
MAK911's Groups
Box Mappers Elite
Box Mappers Elite
Banned Elite
Banned Elite
MAK911's Contact & Social Linksmkramrtmkramrt
Never thought I'd say this but I agree with Mak here. People are LITERALLY just hopping on the bandwagon to bitch/leave a dislike because that's the 'cool' thing to do these days, and it's a rather sad indictment of the generation we live in tbh.

People are bitching now that 'we don't want this futuristic shit, we want WW2 back', when back when WAW came out I and many other young stupid people didn't even buy it because I didn't want to play with crappy old WW2 guns. Yet if this latest COD had been a WW2 shooter people would bitch 'omg another WW2 shooter, we've already had this in COD and countless other games, can't you be original, this is boring, dislike'. I've even seen people saying they are sick of the future and they want Modern Warfare era again, when literally ALL IW's titles have been that era (MW/MW2/MW3/Ghosts), only 3arc and Sledgehammer have done the future era so far (and by all accounts people generally love BO2/3 anyway) so how the fuck would that be them being 'different' or 'original'? It would be Ghosts 2 which no-one would fucking play. I think the trailer looks interesting and the COD4 remaster actually looks like a proper remaster, I might not buy it but I'm willing to give it a chance. IW campaigns are always worth playing even if the MP isn't great, and I'm curious where they take their zombies mode.
Stevie, I said this 2 nights ago in a skype group you aren't in so there's no possible way of you seeing it until now.

WE ARE BECOMING ONE!
Date Registered: 27 October 2013
Last active: 5 months ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Perk Hacker
Primary Group
Donator ♥
My Groups
More
adfgdagasdf2's Groups
Donator ♥ Benevolent Soul who has our eternal gratitude and exclusive access to betas and the donator section of the forum.
adfgdagasdf2's Contact & Social Links
I'll just leave this here http://charlieintel.com/2016/05/05/activision-says-call-duty-setting-new-records-game-content-sales-micro-dlc-offerings/

In case there were any doubts of Activi$ion NOT screwing everybody over this time around.
Last Edit: May 06, 2016, 01:01:26 am by PSNtoonjuice
Date Registered: 28 September 2013
Last active: 3 months ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Zombie Destroyer
Primary Group
Donator ♥
My Groups
More
More
conn6orsuper117's Groups
conn6orsuper117's Contact & Social LinksConn6orsuper117ITS-CS117
I'll just leave this here http://charlieintel.com/2016/05/05/activision-says-call-duty-setting-new-records-game-content-sales-micro-dlc-offerings/

In case there were any doubts of Activi$ion NOT screwing everybody over this time around.

RIP COD. World at war & BO3 Mod tools are whats keeping me here.
EDIT: & COD4R Which they will eventually f*ck up
Last Edit: May 13, 2016, 01:31:03 am by conn6orsuper117

Loading ...