My Groups
More
My Contact & Social Links
More
Personal Quote
SHOW ME WHAT YOU GOT
Signature
DeathBringerZen's Groups
Donator ♥ Benevolent Soul who has our eternal gratitude and exclusive access to betas and the donator section of the forum.
Come on Tomikaze, you dirty tease... We want to get our hands on these bad boys! Pick a winner and drop us some links. :P
broken avatar :(
Date Registered: 27 August 2012
Last active: 4 months ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Zombie Colossus
Primary Group
Custom Map Reviewer
My Groups
More
More
Personal Quote
Tommy Wonka & the Idea Factory
tomikaze's Groups
Donator ♥ Benevolent Soul who has our eternal gratitude and exclusive access to betas and the donator section of the forum.
Custom Map Reviewer Has permission to post map review topics in the Custom Map Reviews section of the forum.
Oil Rig Beta Access
Oil Rig Beta Access
They will be released within a week or so, as soon as the judges make a decision and a winner is declared.

A watched pot never boils.
Date Registered: 11 May 2013
Last active: 2 years ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Zombie Colossus
Primary Group
Donator ♥
My Groups
More
More
Personal Quote
SHOW ME WHAT YOU GOT
DeathBringerZen's Groups
They will be released within a week or so, as soon as the judges make a decision and a winner is declared.

They will be released within a week or so? Within a week or so? A week or so? A WEEK!?!

That was 6 days ago! We are nearing a conclusion then?

Half-Life 3 confi... wait, that's not right...
The Doctor
Date Registered: 26 March 2013
Last active: 1 year ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Zombie Colossus
Primary Group
Donator ♥
My Groups
More
timelordalex's Groups
timelordalex's Contact & Social Links
keep on pestering him and he wont release them
  • DeletedUser
  • Deleted Member
DeletedUser
This user is deleted :(
keep on pestering him and he wont release them
You know what? Keep it up and I'll be able to give my map more guns before its released.
[UGX] Founder
Date Registered: 24 June 2011
Last active: 8 months ago
Respect
6,691Add +1
Forum Rank
Immortal
Primary Group
UGX Administrator
My Groups
More
More
Signature
If Java had true garbage collection, most programs would delete themselves upon execution.
treminaor's Groups
UGX Administrator
UGX Team Member
UGX Site Moderator Has the ability to issue warnings to users, edit and remove posts from the forum and to move topics to other boards. Upholds the rules of the forum. Moderates Chat Rooms.
The Doctor
Respect
Forum Rank
Zombie Colossus
Primary Group
Donator ♥
My Groups
More
timelordalex's Groups
You know what? Keep it up and I'll be able to give my map more guns before its released.

wont he just be releasing the version that was sent to him?
Date Registered: 27 August 2012
Last active: 4 months ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Zombie Colossus
Primary Group
Custom Map Reviewer
My Groups
More
More
Personal Quote
Tommy Wonka & the Idea Factory
tomikaze's Groups
Custom Map Reviewer Has permission to post map review topics in the Custom Map Reviews section of the forum.
Oil Rig Beta Access
Oil Rig Beta Access
CONTEST RESULTS

There are certain things I liked about each map more than the others which did make this contest somewhat difficult to judge. A big thank you to zNiiC, Ray1235 and Stuffed Oatmeal for putting together these maps and for making this a memorable and enjoyable contest. I hope you all learned some things during this contest and are better mappers because of it. Thanks again guys and I hope to see you all on the forums!

Also, to everyone who plays these maps, please be respectful to the mappers. They each put a lot of effort into their maps; sometimes things workout the way you plan and other times they don't and that's just the way it goes.

3rd Place - Valley Hideout by Stuffed Oatmeal:
Download Link: https://mega.co.nz/#!pgxCUT5Z!Pcq7G0iygi6yvxxG4wfManNiARdNBYZt6CnLA8WY5O4

Pros:
+the map looks good; detail is evenly spread out and well done.
+It is a fun adventure to the PAP machine and just like Stuffed Oatmeal’s previous map, Undead Church, Valley Hideout entertained me and left me wanting more.
+once you get out of the starting area the challenge really ramps up which is fun.

Cons:
-Easy starting area
-linear level design, not many places to go outside of following a very set path.

Final Thought: While the map looks pretty good and is fun to play, this map also seemed to be the least like the theme of a Zombie playground. And really had no other features to bring up its score any, so once you play through it a time or two in the various UGX game modes you may not feel the need to go back to it.

2nd Place - Zombie Island by Ray1235:
Download Link: https://mega.co.nz/#!x94XDYYC!aEiYogHgLuk6WUC-CGLMaBr9QVwNUEBsJNsPqTwPhZM

Pros:
+the lava
+custom run animations & custom guns
+the chaotic underground area
+the place where you have to set a bomb & the place where you hack a teleporter before you can us it

Cons:
-starting area is too slow going in early rounds
-linear level design, similar to Valley Hideout, you pretty much follow a very set path.
-inconsistent detailing

Final Thought: This map had the most inconsistent visuals, some places looked pretty good and others looked almost neglected altogether. The fun underground area looks something like a chaotic Zombie playground and so this map got a bump in points for that. Also, the custom features added some extra replay value. Don't forget to grenade the boats in the starting area for a laugh.

1st Place - Ski Resort by zNiiC:
Download Link: https://mega.co.nz/#!885mSK4B!DnFfYznhc_bZgFPHHEHamG6DXrUSv3JWrP6Q4m23wVs

Pros:
+How great the map looks
+the crazy snowstorm and the challenge that low visibility brings with it
+the Raygun Mark II
+building the power switch
+the non-linear map layout, it felt more like an open world while the others felt like a long path.

Cons:
-one out of every 5 or so zombies just falls over dead for some unknown reason.

Final Thought: The non-linear layout is great and the crazy snowstorm makes it feel claustrophobic even when you are outside which is unique and even a bit scary. The buildable power switch means you have to work extra hard for your perks and adds a little adventure to the map. All around the map looks great, plays well and is a LOT of fun.
  • DeletedUser
  • Deleted Member
DeletedUser
This user is deleted :(
Don't forget to grenade the boats in the starting area for a laugh.
I did exactly the same thing during my playtesting lol.  :D

Post Merge: September 07, 2013, 04:13:51 pm
-inconsistent detailing
Just the deadline plus very busy vacations. I had pretty small time to work on my map.
+the place where you have to set a bomb & the place where you hack a teleporter before you can us it
Glad you liked this ;)
+the chaotic underground area
I couldn't survive ten seconds here in the middle of the round :troll:
+the lava
Just a few lines of script :troll:
+custom run animations & custom guns
I wouldn't say custom because the colt 1911 is the waw model with BO anims but at least still counts ;)

That's all from me. I will make an update soon which will add more custom guns and will be 100% detailed.
Respect
Forum Rank
Zombie Colossus
Primary Group
Donator ♥
My Groups
More
More
Personal Quote
SHOW ME WHAT YOU GOT
DeathBringerZen's Groups
Congrats to zNiiC for winning. His mapping skills are truly amazing! Such brilliant work in such a short space of time!? I hope you continue to develop custom maps for a long time mate.

Well done also to Ray and Oatmeal. You did very well with your maps, but a remake of Summit, if done well enough, was always going to win in my opinion.

Good reviews also Tomikaze. Thanks for the links too... ;)
Last Edit: September 07, 2013, 04:25:21 pm by DeathBringerZen
The Doctor
Respect
Forum Rank
Zombie Colossus
Primary Group
Donator ♥
My Groups
More
timelordalex's Groups
^what he said
[UGX] Founder
Respect
6,691Add +1
Forum Rank
Immortal
Primary Group
UGX Administrator
My Groups
More
More
treminaor's Groups
UGX Administrator
UGX Team Member
UGX Site Moderator Has the ability to issue warnings to users, edit and remove posts from the forum and to move topics to other boards. Upholds the rules of the forum. Moderates Chat Rooms.
I've posted the individual judging from SajeOne, MrSlagovich, and myself here for those who are interested: http://ugx-mods.com/forum/index.php?topic=1047
Respect
Forum Rank
Zombie Colossus
Primary Group
Donator ♥
My Groups
More
More
Personal Quote
SHOW ME WHAT YOU GOT
DeathBringerZen's Groups
Having now played Ski Resort, I have to say visually it is amazing. Really does look so much like Summit! Several major flaws on it though, so hopefully you can address these zNiiC. They dying off zombies is a game breaker. Also has a few invicible barriers that should not be in certain areas.

Still though, despite these issues... what a map. Really impressed with it.
Date Registered: 14 March 2012
Last active: 4 years ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Pack-a-Puncher
Primary Group
More
zNiiC's Groups
zNiiC's Contact & Social LinkszNiiCRAiiDz
I am testing my map without ugx mod to see if I still get the spawner issues. Ill report back later
[UGX] Founder
Respect
6,691Add +1
Forum Rank
Immortal
Primary Group
UGX Administrator
My Groups
More
More
treminaor's Groups
UGX Administrator
UGX Team Member
I am testing my map without ugx mod to see if I still get the spawner issues. Ill report back later
I doubt it would have anything to do with it considering none of the existing UGX Mod maps have the issue.

Loading ...