My Groups
More
My Contact & Social Links
More
Signature
Let's keep this thread on topic from here on in. -DBZ

+1 to off-topic reply -DBZ

lmao. Too funny.

Goliath Script Placer: http://ugx-mods.com/forum/index.php/topic,11234.msg125257/topicseen.html#new

"...Christ, people. Learn C, instead of just stringing random characters
together until it compiles (with warnings)..."

-Linus Torvalds
daedra descent's Groups
Community Daedra
Community Daedra
daedra descent's Contact & Social LinksBlueSoviet
no youll need to install it purposefully, it wont be a "auto" update

The auto updates will just be security fixes and things that are "also" in win 10, so youll need to chose to install win 10 itself yourself

Well yes... but one of the ways to install windows 10 IS through windows update. You need to be an insider to get the update of course so you normal scrubs won't see it, but once it downloads you'll be prompted to restart your computer to install windows 10 technical preview.
broken avatar :(
Date Registered: 7 March 2014
Last active: 7 days ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Zombie Colossus
Primary Group
UGX Site Moderator
My Groups
More
More
MZslayer11's Groups
UGX Site Moderator Has the ability to issue warnings to users, edit and remove posts from the forum and to move topics to other boards. Upholds the rules of the forum. Moderates Chat Rooms.
MZslayer11's Contact & Social LinksMZslayer11Service_Code_30#2655
Raw proof that Microsoft cannot count:

Xbox -> Xbox 360 -> Xbox 720 Xbox One!

Win 7 -> Win 8 -> Win 9 Win 10!

tf is this?!?
☭ Soviet Commander ☭
Date Registered: 13 August 2012
Last active: 8 years ago
Respect
Forum Rank
King of the Zombies
Primary Group
Community Daedra
My Groups
More
More
daedra descent's Groups
Community Daedra
Community Daedra

tf is this?!?

No idea. They should have just made Windows 10 a rolling release and made it free for everyone imo.
Date Registered: 17 January 2014
Last active: 4 years ago
Respect
1,004Add +1
Forum Rank
Immortal
Primary Group
Community Scripter
My Groups
More
More
Signature
If you want scripts / features made for you, then contact me by PM or email / skype etc
it will cost you tho so if you have no intention of reciprocating don't even waste my time ;)
Harry Bo21's Groups
Donator ♥ Benevolent Soul who has our eternal gratitude and exclusive access to betas and the donator section of the forum.
Community Scripter Has shown effort and knowledge in the area of scripting while being a part of the UGX-Mods community.
Harry Bo21's Contact & Social Links[email protected]HarryBo21HarryBo000
yes i am aware that moving from say windows 7 to windows 10 is referred to as a "update"

I meant that the automatic windows updates, will not update your revision of windows. Only the files of your windows

changing your OS from one to a later version is always a "upgrade" that preserves your files and settings unless you other wise state to wipe and start again

So you will get windows 10 through windows update? If you don't need anything else in order to upgrade thats awesome.

So the answer is no, like I said

You will need to actively "choose" to install Win10

and the windows 10 beta is available to anyone, not "insiders"

Last Edit: February 07, 2015, 12:54:37 am by Harry Bo21
Remington R5
Date Registered: 18 January 2015
Last active: 3 years ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Zombie Enslaver
Primary Group
Donator ♥
My Groups
More
More
Personal Quote
paypal.me/RT275
Signature
paypal.me/RT275
Rorke's Groups
Donator ♥ Benevolent Soul who has our eternal gratitude and exclusive access to betas and the donator section of the forum.
Rorke's Contact & Social Linkshickle.meddowsandrewshaworiginal_rorkewormnation
ok i have windows 10 a few days now but a little concerned about the pricing ive read that microsoft were going to charge every month for this new OS but TBH i don't know how they would do that without making people pay for the OS for the rest of there lives in the event of us having to pay for this new OS how much will it be? will we still be able to use our computers without a license? idk seems strange how they have said "FREE UPDATE FOR WIN 7 AND 8 AND 8.1 USERS" or for the ones that have already got it such as my self and DD will they release a update to take our current build off "Evaluation copy" to the full-on OS? these are my main worry's about this. putting all that aside seems cheap how they took win 8 layout and slapped in a start menu why not just make a optional update for windows 8 users to download there update for the start button :\

Double Post Merge: February 12, 2015, 04:00:49 pm
No idea. They should have just made Windows 10 a rolling release and made it free for everyone imo.
ive read on the internet if they went to windows 9 it would of caused a lot of issues and apparantly thats why they went to windows 10 and not 9 but then they could of just renamed windows 10 to windows 9 idk
Last Edit: February 12, 2015, 04:00:49 pm by Rorke
Respect
1,004Add +1
Forum Rank
Immortal
Primary Group
Community Scripter
My Groups
More
More
Harry Bo21's Groups
Community Scripter Has shown effort and knowledge in the area of scripting while being a part of the UGX-Mods community.
unless you are upgrading from 7/8 to 10, you will need to buy a license

This license cost can be split across a period of months, OR paid at one time

Businesses would need a every costly business license for it

You pc will function without a license, although same as with win 7, certain features will not work properly and you will be constantly badgered to "activate"
☭ Soviet Commander ☭
Respect
Forum Rank
King of the Zombies
Primary Group
Community Daedra
My Groups
More
More
daedra descent's Groups
Community Daedra
Community Daedra
@Harry Bo21 I believe he was talking to me   :P

This license cost can be split across a period of months, OR paid at one time

Would like to know where you heard this since none of the tech sites that i read(PCWorld, CNET, Softpedia, etc) have mentioned this.

@Rorke yeah i'm not sure. Microsoft has just filed for "Windows 365" trademark, which could mean that they plan on making the OS subscription based at some point. I know that when they made the announcement that Windows 10 was going to be a free upgrade for Windows 7/8/8.1 users that they said they didn't have a plan for what Windows 10 would cost after that initial year - so no i don't know what it'll cost.

As for the key, the only way i can think of is through Windows Update since you need a valid product key to get updates from Microsoft it would be the fastest, safest, and easiest way to install the OS for many users. Your key would presumably either transfer over or a new one would be given to you - no idea which.

And no, you won't just be able to upgrade to the full OS. Once the OS is about to be released officially you'l get a popup saying that you need to upgrade your version of Windows or something to that extent.

Funny you mention Windows 8 and adding a start menu. In the first inital build of Windows 10 thats all it really was - Windows 8 with a start menu. Then they made the start menu look like trash in newer builds...  :lol:

Last Edit: February 12, 2015, 10:03:40 pm by daedra descent
Respect
1,004Add +1
Forum Rank
Immortal
Primary Group
Community Scripter
My Groups
More
More
Harry Bo21's Groups
if you buy the license over the phone

They offered me this option when I lost my win 7 key as I said the price was ridiculous considering i already had it, just lost it

As you can prob guess, I had to pay. But I didnt use the month-to-month thing, i just paid in full

Also Business licences are offered either on subscription, or one huge fee. Most businesses use the fee, but small businesses may use the subscription

The upgrade feature would automatically change your license key btw, so that your old key can still be used with the old version of windows it was linked to

Windows 8 wasnt completely missing the start bar, drag your mouse to the bottom left and "right" click instead of left, and a menu opens, it has a lot, but not all of what was in the start bar. Most people are not aware of this

Last Edit: February 12, 2015, 10:47:44 pm by Harry Bo21
Remington R5
Date Registered: 18 January 2015
Last active: 3 years ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Zombie Enslaver
Primary Group
Donator ♥
My Groups
More
More
Personal Quote
paypal.me/RT275
Rorke's Groups
Rorke's Contact & Social Linkshickle.meddowsandrewshaworiginal_rorkewormnation
talking of build updates ive got build 9926 is that latest or do i need to search manually for such thing? im still trying to get used to this new layout also the system rating's has gone (in win 7 you were able to see stats of your pc such as calculations per second and what not)
☭ Soviet Commander ☭
Respect
Forum Rank
King of the Zombies
Primary Group
Community Daedra
My Groups
More
More
daedra descent's Groups
Community Daedra
Community Daedra
talking of build updates ive got build 9926 is that latest or do i need to search manually for such thing? im still trying to get used to this new layout also the system rating's has gone (in win 7 you were able to see stats of your pc such as calculations per second and what not)

Eh i think thats the latest build - if not go to control panel, Update and Recovery, and find "Preview Builds". Then check for an update.

I'm personally glad that they got rid of the Windows Experience index - the number it gives you are relatively meaningless.
Respect
1,004Add +1
Forum Rank
Immortal
Primary Group
Community Scripter
My Groups
More
More
Harry Bo21's Groups
I think the rating is solely based on its performance running windows, for anything else its pretty irrelevant yea
Date Registered: 22 September 2013
Last active: 2 months ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Perk Hacker
Primary Group
Community Mapper
My Groups
More
Personal Quote
Zombie Mapper and Gamer
Signature
My Custom Zombie Maps:

- Nazi zombie Legion
- City of Hell
- The Abandoned Mine
- The Last Undead House (Finished)

more custom zombie maps coming soon
gamer9294's Groups
Community Mapper Has released one or more maps to the UGX-Mods community which have been added to the UGX Map Manager.
gamer9294's Contact & Social Links

tf is this?!?

hi,

because the first xbox has being called:  "Xbox" but the next one has a new design and new performance that are called: "Xbox 360"
and now the next one is called: "Xbox One"  because it has more stuff that could be work with the computer and has alot of new performance.

about the windows:

it's a list with all windows and they would not calling again Windows 9 because there is already Windows 95/98 and that can make for some people differents.

Microsoft has just made new version of windows that called: Windows 10 because for a new start of windows versions.

• Windows 95
  • Windows NT
  • Windows 98
  • Windows XP
  • Windows Vista
  • Windows 7
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 10

like Windows 8 some people are saying Windows 8.1 but that is only a upgrade version of windows 8.

best regards,
Gamer9294
☭ Soviet Commander ☭
Respect
Forum Rank
King of the Zombies
Primary Group
Community Daedra
My Groups
More
More
daedra descent's Groups
Community Daedra
Community Daedra

Microsoft has just made new version of windows that called: Windows 10 because for a new start of windows versions.

• Windows 95
  • Windows NT
  • Windows 98
  • Windows XP
  • Windows Vista
  • Windows 7
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 10

like Windows 8 some people are saying Windows 8.1 but that is only a upgrade version of windows 8.

best regards,
Gamer9294

hmm I thought Windows NT was for servers only.

Anyway, DAMN, check out how huge YouTube videos can get in Windows 10 IE 11. I knew the video player could expand but I've never seen it this huge. I could really get used to this...

Respect
1,004Add +1
Forum Rank
Immortal
Primary Group
Community Scripter
My Groups
More
More
Harry Bo21's Groups
They actually said they called it the xbox "one" because they wanted it to be all "all in one" entertainment system rather than just a console

As it not only does gaming, but also internet browsing, movies, music and in the future, it will also support windows 10, and can have other devices ran through it

ie - the "one" thing you need connected to your tv ( In MSs eyes anyway lol )

Also, Windows NT is a background kernal. The 360 runs an NT framework in the back ground :)
Last Edit: February 14, 2015, 08:34:19 pm by Harry Bo21
☭ Soviet Commander ☭
Respect
Forum Rank
King of the Zombies
Primary Group
Community Daedra
My Groups
More
More
daedra descent's Groups
Community Daedra
Community Daedra
Also, Windows NT is a background kernal. The 360 runs an NT framework in the back ground :)

Yeah all modern Windows OSs use the Windows New Technology(NT) kernal & NTFS(New Technology File System), however i didn't think that Windows NT(The first Windows OS that introduced NT) was available to average consumers, and according to Wikipedia it wasn't.

Loading ...