Donator ♥
My Groups
More
My Contact & Social Links
More
Personal Quote
I like cheese.
BioAftermath's Groups
Donator ♥ Benevolent Soul who has our eternal gratitude and exclusive access to betas and the donator section of the forum.
BioAftermath's Contact & Social LinksErneldBioAftermath
I have an AMD Radeon HD 7900 Series and was planning on getting another graphics card becuase some of the games I play are getting some frame rate drop since I like to run games on high settings and my motherboard can support another graphics card. Will getting a slightly more powerful  AMD Radeon increase graphics processing power by more than double? Or is in not worth it to have two graphics card?
broken avatar :(
Date Registered: 18 May 2013
Last active: 4 years ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Pack-a-Puncher
Primary Group
2014 Contest Winner
My Groups
More
More
moonmaster1's Groups
Donator ♥ Benevolent Soul who has our eternal gratitude and exclusive access to betas and the donator section of the forum.
2014 Contest Winner
If you plan to use crossfire (dual gpu's) be sure your card is crossfire compatible, be sure to have a crossfire cable, and finally try to stay with the same brand if possible.

In case you are met with a serious problem customer service will be more likely to help if you are using their products exclusively.
Date Registered: 3 January 2014
Respect
Forum Rank
Legless Crawler
Primary Group
More
GAFerreira13's Groups
well, i think you should crossfire, getting a crossfire cable is pretty easy, and you should see some great performance upgrades. One thing though is that not all games support crossfire efficiently, and you MUST (it's not compulsory, but it avoids unecessary problems) use another gpu that's the same as your current one.
[UGX] Founder
Date Registered: 24 June 2011
Last active: 8 months ago
Respect
6,691Add +1
Forum Rank
Immortal
Primary Group
UGX Administrator
My Groups
More
More
Signature
If Java had true garbage collection, most programs would delete themselves upon execution.
treminaor's Groups
UGX Administrator
UGX Team Member
UGX Site Moderator Has the ability to issue warnings to users, edit and remove posts from the forum and to move topics to other boards. Upholds the rules of the forum. Moderates Chat Rooms.
I've been told by multiple people that SLI/crossfire is a waste of money/resources. A lot of games have poor support for it and some games even crash because of it. You will even have to disable one of your cards for most games that are 5-10+ years old. You're better off investing in a single killer card than spending money to get more of what you already have.
Respect
Forum Rank
Legless Crawler
Primary Group
More
GAFerreira13's Groups
but... crossfire looks cooler xd
Date Registered: 8 July 2013
Last active: 2 years ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Mr. Elemental
Primary Group
Donator ♥
My Groups
More
More
Personal Quote
I like cheese.
BioAftermath's Groups
BioAftermath's Contact & Social LinksErneldBioAftermath
I've been told by multiple people that SLI/crossfire is a waste of money/resources. A lot of games have poor support for it and some games even crash because of it. You will even have to disable one of your cards for most games that are 5-10+ years old. You're better off investing in a single killer card than spending money to get more of what you already have.
The problem with that is that I want to sell my current graphics card, but no one what's a used graphics card...
Respect
Forum Rank
Legless Crawler
Primary Group
More
GAFerreira13's Groups
The problem with that is that I want to sell my current graphics card, but no one what's a used graphics card...

Unless the price diference and warranty compensates...
[UGX] Founder
Respect
6,691Add +1
Forum Rank
Immortal
Primary Group
UGX Administrator
My Groups
More
More
treminaor's Groups
UGX Administrator
UGX Team Member
UGX Site Moderator Has the ability to issue warnings to users, edit and remove posts from the forum and to move topics to other boards. Upholds the rules of the forum. Moderates Chat Rooms.
I had no problem selling my AMD Radeon 6870 a few years ago and it was a few years used.
[UGX] Maintainer (Admin & Programmer)
Date Registered: 29 August 2012
Last active: 7 hours ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Perk Hacker
Primary Group
UGX Administrator
My Groups
More
More
Personal Quote
Dolphin!
Signature
changed one line of code, bug is fixed

Coming to work on monday morning.
When a bug mysteriously disappears.

:ugxmods: Developer ;)
Delta's Groups
UGX Administrator
UGX Team Member
UGX V.I.P.
UGX V.I.P.
UGX Chat Moderator Has the ability to mute, kick, or ban chat members for being abusive or breaking the rules of the forum.
BO3 Modtools Alpha
BO3 Modtools Alpha
This user has access to the Black Ops 3 Modtools Alpha
Delta's Contact & Social Linksthe-deltaugxDeltaItsDeltaigDelta igdeltaigdeltaUGX_DeltaDelta#6147Personal Site
Oh dear. Don't use crossfire. Use SLI but no - don't.

But a better graphic card instead.

SLI / Crossfire has a terrible game support. Every game needs to be patched. AMD ( just recently! ) and NV do usually deliver special SLI/Crossfire driver patches/fixes to support it.

Buy it's just a waste of space, power consuption and nerves for more performance. and it's not like 2x 100% equals 200%. It's more likewise 150% but probably worse.

Crossfire / SLI is only for those super hardcore gamers, who have a passion behind this and/or a large pocket.
It's for those who want to play Crysis 3 on a Triple Monitor with NV 3D glasses on full epic 4K Graphics on over 60 frames per secound.

Buy a better card and sell your old one. - My friend is doing this successfull with AMD. He only has to spend around ~50-100€ every year for the latest GPU by selling his old one.

I already had personally Crossfire and Dual / Double GPU. Ok, it was two years but it was just horrible.
And the micro stuttering, oh you will regret this, especially if you are very easy influenced by stuttering.
  • DeletedUser
  • Deleted Member
DeletedUser
This user is deleted :(
Yep, crossfire sucks, especially when it's built-in to the laptop. I hate it when I have to connect to power for Ghosts (amazingly high optimal settings) and BF4 (lowest graphics, highest resolution) to work 60 fps  :'(
Oh, and I don't have my old PC anymore, my new laptop just pretty much does it all and BF4 works on it even better than on my old PC which had a better gpu (nvidia geforce gtx 660, laptop has gtx 660m), better processor but less ram.
[UGX] Founder
Respect
6,691Add +1
Forum Rank
Immortal
Primary Group
UGX Administrator
My Groups
More
More
treminaor's Groups
UGX Administrator
UGX Team Member
Yep, crossfire sucks, especially when it's built-in to the laptop. I hate when I have to connect to power for Ghosts (amazingly high optimal settings) and BF4 (lowest graphics, highest resolution) to work 60 fps  :'(
I've never heard of having crossfire built into a laptop - that seems overkill to me but cool that they somehow managed to do it lol.
  • DeletedUser
  • Deleted Member
DeletedUser
I've never heard of having crossfire built into a laptop - that seems overkill to me but cool that they somehow managed to do it lol.
I have crossfire on my laptop..... with Intel HD Graphics (HD Graphics? pffft, seems legit) and Nvidia GeForce GTX 660M.
[UGX] Founder
Respect
6,691Add +1
Forum Rank
Immortal
Primary Group
UGX Administrator
My Groups
More
More
treminaor's Groups
UGX Administrator
UGX Team Member
I have crossfire on my laptop..... with Intel HD Graphics (HD Graphics? pffft, seems legit) and Nvidia GeForce GTX 660M.
Nvidia calls it SLI, AMD calls it crossfire. Sounds like you have SLI?

Also I cant imagine it helps performance noticeably to have the shitty intel hd integrated chip running with the gtx 660m
  • DeletedUser
  • Deleted Member
DeletedUser
Also I cant imagine it helps performance noticeably to have the shitty intel hd integrated chip running with the gtx 660m
It doesn't. I think it's for energy saving purposes.
[UGX] Founder
Respect
6,691Add +1
Forum Rank
Immortal
Primary Group
UGX Administrator
My Groups
More
More
treminaor's Groups
UGX Administrator
UGX Team Member
It doesn't. I think it's for energy saving purposes.
Ah. Well my laptop switches between the intel hd integrated and the 660M depending on what you're doing to save energy - but it doesn't use both at the same time. Are you sure your laptop uses them both at once?

Loading ...