My Groups
More
My Contact & Social Links
More
Personal Quote
It aint much, if it aint Dutch
Signature
BluntStuffy's Groups
Donator ♥ Benevolent Soul who has our eternal gratitude and exclusive access to betas and the donator section of the forum.
Community Scripter Elite Has shown excellence and experience in the area of custom scripting in the UGX-Mods community.
Oil Rig Beta Access
Oil Rig Beta Access
BluntStuffy's Contact & Social LinksBluntstuffy@BluntZombieBluntStuffyStuffyZombie
I dont really want to post this, since there's enough of these around the bo3 release allready but i really know shit about pc-parts and i would hate to spend my money on something not worth upgrading.. But i havent touched my xbox for a few months now, and with the mod-tools maybe comming to bo3 i'm ready to abandon my love for consoles.

This is what i'm currently running, and i dont really know any other details ( but if needed i'll see what i can find )

AMD FX-6300 six-core  3.50 GHz
4 GB RAM
GeForce 9600 GT

First of all, is that AMD any good? Then an upgrade for the GPU ( GTX 950 / 960 prob.. ), adding some RAM and upgrading the power-supply is what Harry suggested ( and also fits my current budget ). Would that be any good and worth the money, or should i look for a bigger upgrade?

I initially only bought this PC to do some work and browsing, and that's been over a year from now. It wasn't that expensive either, so that's why i'm not sure about this whole upgrade and some advice would be greatly appreciated! If any other specs are needed lemme know..

broken avatar :(
Date Registered: 7 October 2013
Last active: 8 months ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Pack-a-Puncher
Primary Group
Donator ♥
My Groups
More
More
Signature
Unannounced Map
40%
DarkWhiss's Groups
Donator ♥ Benevolent Soul who has our eternal gratitude and exclusive access to betas and the donator section of the forum.
DarkWhiss's Contact & Social LinksBabaMayDarkWhiss
I dont really want to post this, since there's enough of these around the bo3 release allready but i really know shit about pc-parts and i would hate to spend my money on something not worth upgrading.. But i havent touched my xbox for a few months now, and with the mod-tools maybe comming to bo3 i'm ready to abandon my love for consoles.

This is what i'm currently running, and i dont really know any other details ( but if needed i'll see what i can find )

AMD FX-6300 six-core  3.50 GHz
4 GB RAM
GeForce 9600 GT

First of all, is that AMD any good? Then an upgrade for the GPU ( GTX 950 / 960 prob.. ), adding some RAM and upgrading the power-supply is what Harry suggested ( and also fits my current budget ). Would that be any good and worth the money, or should i look for a bigger upgrade?

I initially only bought this PC to do some work and browsing, and that's been over a year from now. It wasn't that expensive either, so that's why i'm not sure about this whole upgrade and some advice would be greatly appreciated! If any other specs are needed lemme know..
The CPU is alright, maybe consider upgrading to an FX-8350 or 8370 if needed.
4GB of RAM was good enough until recently games are needing 8GB of RAM, such as BO3 like you mentioned.
The biggest thing that you would need would be a GPU upgrade. Try to at least get the 960 with 4GB of VRAM. Just make sure your power supply can run it. :)
Date Registered: 28 July 2013
Last active: 3 years ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Zombie Enslaver
Primary Group
Donator ♥
My Groups
More
Personal Quote
Pizza that is all.
Signature
There's no better feeling in the world than a warm pizza box on your lap.
SoulTaker's Groups
SoulTaker's Contact & Social Links
Damn BluntStuffy I always thought you had some beast rig. (I don't know why).
I have a AMD FX-6300, but Intel is way better apparently when it comes to CPUs I'd get 16 GB of ram and if you aren't going to get into hardcore gaming and don't mind playing 1080p at medium settings I'd recommend a GTX 960.
Date Registered: 17 January 2014
Last active: 4 years ago
Respect
1,004Add +1
Forum Rank
Immortal
Primary Group
Community Scripter
My Groups
More
More
Signature
If you want scripts / features made for you, then contact me by PM or email / skype etc
it will cost you tho so if you have no intention of reciprocating don't even waste my time ;)
Harry Bo21's Groups
Community Scripter Has shown effort and knowledge in the area of scripting while being a part of the UGX-Mods community.
Harry Bo21's Contact & Social Links[email protected]HarryBo21HarryBo000
I have a AMD FX-6300, but Intel is way better apparently when it comes to CPUs I'd get 16 GB of ram and if you aren't going to get into hardcore gaming and don't mind playing 1080p at medium settings I'd recommend a GTX 960.
My GTX 950 is running 60FPS 1080p at max settings on most games, you should check your bottle neck
Last Edit: November 03, 2015, 09:21:52 pm by Harry Bo21
Date Registered: 17 December 2013
Last active: 1 year ago
Respect
1,404Add +1
Forum Rank
Zombie Colossus
Primary Group
Community Scripter Elite
My Groups
More
More
Personal Quote
It aint much, if it aint Dutch
BluntStuffy's Groups
Community Scripter Elite Has shown excellence and experience in the area of custom scripting in the UGX-Mods community.
Oil Rig Beta Access
Oil Rig Beta Access
BluntStuffy's Contact & Social LinksBluntstuffy@BluntZombieBluntStuffyStuffyZombie

Hehe, i wish.. And i'm not that great of a scripter either, it's just that some people think i am..  I just do zombies and zombies only, Zombies is love, Zombies is life  ;D

But thanks both of you, at least i got a bit more confimation im not throwing that money down the drain
Date Registered: 17 January 2014
Last active: 4 years ago
Respect
1,004Add +1
Forum Rank
Immortal
Primary Group
Community Scripter
My Groups
More
More
Harry Bo21's Groups
Community Scripter Has shown effort and knowledge in the area of scripting while being a part of the UGX-Mods community.
Harry Bo21's Contact & Social Links[email protected]HarryBo21HarryBo000
Hehe, i wish.. And i'm not that great of a scripter either, it's just that some people think i am..  I just do zombies and zombies only, Zombies is love, Zombies is life  ;D

But thanks both of you, at least i got a bit more confimation im not throwing that money down the drain
Dont lie, your like the best scripter lol

but also im not that surprised, most talented people are talented because they could concentrate on hobbies due to not having the top notch equipment to begin with lol, Was the case with me, i learned to script coz m old pc couldnt handle modern games

Loading ...