Respect
Forum Rank
Legless Crawler
Primary Group
My Contact & Social Links
More
Welcome To The Endless Tunnel!

Description:
You wake up in this weird structure, not knowing how you get there. You open the only door in the room. "What's This!" You say as you realize that the next room is almost exactly like the first! You began to go crazy as you can't seem to find the end, or where you are!

CAN YOU MAKE IT TO THE EN... wait a sec... IT'S ENDLESS...... isn't it?

https://youtu.be/Yn-3lvwCPl0

[WARNING!] This is an ALPHA stage of the map, it is barely complete.

I just wanted to know what people thought about the idea. If it gets some support I'll make it better, adding dynamic lighting, more detail, Easter Eggs of some sort, more guns, etc.
And of course, I'll make more to the map ;D

www.mediafire.com

Spoiler: click to open...

Credits:
- sonicthecrafter
- JR-imaginded

Please inform me if I'm missing anyone (i'm sure I am) because i can't find who made what stuff, thx :3
broken avatar :(
Date Registered: 29 July 2015
Last active: 5 years ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Perk Hacker
Primary Group
Donator ♥
My Groups
More
More
Personal Quote
children should not be playing call of duty
Signature
⠀⠀⠀⣴⣴⡤
⠀⣠⠀⢿⠇⡇⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⢰⢷⡗
⠀⢶⢽⠿⣗⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⣼⡧⠂⠀⠀⣼⣷⡆
⠀⠀⣾⢶⠐⣱⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⣤⣜⣻⣧⣲⣦⠤⣧⣿⠶
⠀⢀⣿⣿⣇⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠛⠿⣿⣿⣷⣤⣄⡹⣿⣷
⠀⢸⣿⢸⣿⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠈⠙⢿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿
⠀⠿⠃⠈⠿⠆⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠹⠿⠿⠿

⠀⢀⢀⡀⠀⢀⣤⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⡀⡀
⠀⣿⡟⡇⠀⠭⡋⠅⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⢰⣟⢿
⠀⣹⡌⠀⠀⣨⣾⣷⣄⠀⠀⠀⠀⢈⠔⠌
⠰⣷⣿⡀⢐⢿⣿⣿⢻⠀⠀⠀⢠⣿⡿⡤⣴⠄⢀⣀⡀
⠘⣿⣿⠂⠈⢸⣿⣿⣸⠀⠀⠀⢘⣿⣿⣀⡠⣠⣺⣿⣷
⠀⣿⣿⡆⠀⢸⣿⣿⣾⡇⠀⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣗⣻⡻⠿⠁
⠀⣿⣿⡇⠀⢸⣿⣿⡇⠀⠀⠉⠉⠉⠉⠉⠉⠁
Koan's Groups
Donator ♥ Benevolent Soul who has our eternal gratitude and exclusive access to betas and the donator section of the forum.
Oil Rig Beta Access
Oil Rig Beta Access
Koan's Contact & Social Linksh-r_Koan_my website
Can I suggest not using the same texture for every surface? Try and be a little creative. You've got your idea for an endless tunnel, it doesn't have to stop there as soon as the map works - build on it! :)
  • steviewonder87
  • Deleted Member
steviewonder87
This user is deleted :(
Is there anything in the map apart from identical grey doorways going on for eternity?  :o

This literally looks like my worst nightmare lol, playing this would send me over the edge I think, zombies is already quite a repetitive gamemode as it is. Maybe you could make this 'tunnel' curved instead of square? Or make it into a sewer of some sort? Or any kind of detail/theme at all really would go a long way, I know you've said it's just an 'alpha' but this looks miles away from being anything like a map that should be released.

Anyway, keep at it, look up some tutorials on this site there's some good stuff, why not make this map as good as it can possibly be instead of just rushing out a half cooked box that people won't really enjoy and it'll get forgotten about as quickly as it was made?

Just my 2 cents.
Date Registered: 14 September 2013
Last active: 4 years ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Zombie Destroyer
Primary Group
Community Scripter
My Groups
More
More
Personal Quote
BE ORIGINAL
Signature
MakeCents's Groups
Community Mapper Has released one or more maps to the UGX-Mods community which have been added to the UGX Map Manager.
Community Scripter Has shown effort and knowledge in the area of scripting while being a part of the UGX-Mods community.
BO3 Modtools Alpha
BO3 Modtools Alpha
This user has access to the Black Ops 3 Modtools Alpha
Congratulations on getting a map working and playable. I know how exciting that is. It was a little more than a year and a half ago that I got my first map working. As commented, there are plenty of tuts out there to help you continue your map. I would suggest these two for starters:

BlackJackJonnyy is a legend, and explains things very well, which I found immensely helpful for terrain, cylinder type things, and portalling, most likely helpful in that order for what you are about to learn if you continue mapping.
https://www.youtube.com/user/BlackJackJonnyy

I've recently come across this guy too, who seems very understandable and I wish was around when I was first learning, lol.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCZTNmVH7VjVGl3S42ATmv-g

If you continue with this theme, never ending tunnel, may I recommend a challenge style map, where you must complete a challenge to open the next door. Kill so many zombies, or kill so many zombies with a certain weapon or a knife, kill so many zombies with a trap yo put in a room, kill so many zombies with phd, or stuff like that? Or simply every so many rounds anther door opens with the perks strategically placed?

Good luck to you.
Date Registered: 27 March 2015
Last active: 3 years ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Perk Hacker
Primary Group
More
Personal Quote
JIGGLYPUFF used SING! YOU fell asleep!
Signature
Soy-Yo's Groups
Soy-Yo's Contact & Social LinksSoy-yoElCerdoRey
I had a similar idea, inspired in Silent Hills (the PS4 beta), in which you where trapped in a house that only had a corridor and a bathroom and every time you opened the door at the end of the corridor, you ended up in the same corridor.
Maybe you can do something like this: make the tunnel infinite untill the players do some quests so they can escape from there. Or maybe it's impossible. Don't know. Just an idea lol. :P
Date Registered: 14 September 2013
Respect
Forum Rank
Zombie Destroyer
Primary Group
Community Scripter
My Groups
More
More
Personal Quote
BE ORIGINAL
MakeCents's Groups
Community Mapper Has released one or more maps to the UGX-Mods community which have been added to the UGX Map Manager.
Community Scripter Has shown effort and knowledge in the area of scripting while being a part of the UGX-Mods community.
BO3 Modtools Alpha
BO3 Modtools Alpha
This user has access to the Black Ops 3 Modtools Alpha
I had a similar idea, inspired in Silent Hills (the PS4 beta), in which you where trapped in a house that only had a corridor and a bathroom and every time you opened the door at the end of the corridor, you ended up in the same corridor.
Maybe you can do something like this: make the tunnel infinite untill the players do some quests so they can escape from there. Or maybe it's impossible. Don't know. Just an idea lol. :P

OOOOHhhh, that's f'd up, but I like it. That's prob some what simple to. But he is pretty new at this so, may need some help, hint hint, wink wink.   ;)  ;D
Date Registered: 20 August 2014
Last active: 4 months ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Perk Hacker
Primary Group
Donator ♥
My Groups
More
More
Personal Quote
Coding Hobbyist, Application & Web Development
Signature
Undeadmetal's Groups
Donator ♥ Benevolent Soul who has our eternal gratitude and exclusive access to betas and the donator section of the forum.
Oil Rig Beta Access
Oil Rig Beta Access
Undeadmetal's Contact & Social LinksOnlyAGamer
Have it to where when you get to the end of the tunnel and you open the last door it teleports you back to the beginning and resets all the doors unless you do something to finish the level maybe ?
Date Registered: 5 April 2015
Respect
Forum Rank
Legless Crawler
Primary Group
More
Can I suggest not using the same texture for every surface? Try and be a little creative. You've got your idea for an endless tunnel, it doesn't have to stop there as soon as the map works - build on it! :)

As I said, it's not done. but thx for you input! and don't worry, this is nothing to what I'm planning  8)
Respect
Forum Rank
Legless Crawler
Primary Group
More

Thats actually my direct inspiration, but, as i said, I have a lot more plans for this map! new textures, trolls, challenges, a ton of EE, and much more!

Thank you for your feedback!
Date Registered: 29 July 2015
Last active: 5 years ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Perk Hacker
Primary Group
Donator ♥
My Groups
More
More
Personal Quote
children should not be playing call of duty
Koan's Groups
Oil Rig Beta Access
Oil Rig Beta Access
Koan's Contact & Social Linksh-r_Koan_my website
As I said, it's not done. but thx for you input! and don't worry, this is nothing to what I'm planning  8)

If it's nothing to what you're planning, don't release it - it's not in a state in which it can be released yet, even as an alpha. Alphas/betas aren't always necessary. Add some more content into the map before considering whether it needs a beta release or not.

I think you should remove the download, and keep posting updates of your progress on this WIP, so we can see your improvements. :)
Respect
Forum Rank
Legless Crawler
Primary Group
More
If it's nothing to what you're planning, don't release it - it's not in a state in which it can be released yet, even as an alpha. Alphas/betas aren't always necessary. Add some more content into the map before considering whether it needs a beta release or not.

I think you should remove the download, and keep posting updates of your progress on this WIP, so we can see your improvements. :)

ok, will do soon.  ;)
Date Registered: 17 January 2014
Respect
1,004Add +1
Forum Rank
Immortal
Primary Group
Community Scripter
My Groups
More
More
Signature
If you want scripts / features made for you, then contact me by PM or email / skype etc
it will cost you tho so if you have no intention of reciprocating don't even waste my time ;)
Harry Bo21's Groups
Harry Bo21's Contact & Social Links[email protected]HarryBo21HarryBo000
right wording at least tho, Aplha means in a "incomplete state"

Beta means all content is in, now is fine tuning to make sure everything works correctly

Then release

;)
Date Registered: 29 March 2014
Respect
Forum Rank
Mr. Elemental
Primary Group
dadadodo's Groups
dadadodo's Contact & Social Links
keep on going ;) :nyan:
Date Registered: 17 January 2014
Respect
1,004Add +1
Forum Rank
Immortal
Primary Group
Community Scripter
My Groups
More
More
Harry Bo21's Groups
Harry Bo21's Contact & Social Links[email protected]HarryBo21HarryBo000
Thats actually my direct inspiration, but, as i said, I have a lot more plans for this map! new textures, trolls, challenges, a ton of EE, and much more!

Thank you for your feedback!
just saw this

I beg you... no trolls... please no trolls...

Its just so cheap and clearly done to amuse youtubers, which no one approves of really... Its about gameplay, not gimmicks ;)
Respect
Forum Rank
Legless Crawler
Primary Group
More
Ok fine... maybe

Loading ...