The Decider
Primary Group
My Contact & Social Links
More
Personal Quote
Dat feel when anims "fall from sky" ;)
CyberMan1011's Groups
CyberMan1011's Contact & Social Linkscyberman1011
mate, just do what ConvictioNDR is doing, give the BETA to people who have proved themselves in the field of testing for bugs/glitches etc. But hey, that's just my opinion.

^this
broken avatar :(
Date Registered: 23 December 2013
Last active: 8 years ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Legless Crawler
Primary Group
Personal Quote
Mortal Kombat and Call of Duty zombies.
Signature
The Golden Sages Clan Co-Leader
G0LD3NMAYshe's Groups
G0LD3NMAYshe's Contact & Social Links
I agree with them because most people just wan't to beta test the map to play it. I was like that at first when I tested the early beta then I reported the glitch with mule kick and zombies getting stuck and dying off and sometimes not dying off. You need reliable people to beta test that give full details about the map and bug description instead of people just playing it to play it. So give it to people you have past experiences with or that you know you can trust. Don't be like titan fall and open beta fail and have bugs with full release. So follow this idea. Also guess you didn't get my personal messages. If you didn't get my pm I was trying to report tons of bugs. Guess pming for me is broken.
Last Edit: July 27, 2014, 07:16:10 am by G0LD3NMAYshe
Date Registered: 21 December 2013
Last active: 4 years ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Perk Hacker
Primary Group
More
Signature
The sound of God is the screech of tires, lights and magnets, bolts and wires. Strayed from the road, this very one, still to come. The sound of tires is the sound of God, the electric version.
mrpeanut188's Groups
mrpeanut188's Contact & Social Linksmrpeanut1881337p34nutmrpeanut188
mate, just do what ConvictioNDR is doing, give the BETA to people who have proved themselves in the field of testing for bugs/glitches etc. But hey, that's just my opinion.
Hope you understand
The only problem with this is that I doubt newcomers would be able to get into helping people find glitches. There is a point where you run around the map and another point in time where you just play the map normally to find any game-breaking bugs.
  • DeletedUser
  • Deleted Member
DeletedUser
This user is deleted :(
on this map there will be jumpscares?

Post Merge: July 28, 2014, 05:52:10 pm
Date Registered: 8 January 2014
Last active: 6 years ago
Respect
Forum Rank
The Decider
Primary Group
Community Mapper
My Groups
More
More
Personal Quote
Embers are the new lens flares
chromastone10's Groups
Community Mapper Has released one or more maps to the UGX-Mods community which have been added to the UGX Map Manager.
chromastone10's Contact & Social Linkschromastone10chromastone1chromastone10

Post Merge: July 28, 2014, 05:52:10 pm

:poker:  :troll:  :poker:
  • DeletedUser
  • Deleted Member
DeletedUser
want to scare me one more time?  :D
Date Registered: 20 July 2013
Respect
Forum Rank
Rotting Walker
Primary Group
More
Alwoke78's Groups
Alwoke78's Contact & Social LinksAlwoke78Alwoke78
pls, noooo  :'(

you can put it in a sniper,but dont destroy the gameplay  :(
[UGX] Founder
Date Registered: 24 June 2011
Last active: 8 months ago
Respect
6,691Add +1
Forum Rank
Immortal
Primary Group
UGX Administrator
My Groups
More
More
Signature
If Java had true garbage collection, most programs would delete themselves upon execution.
treminaor's Groups
UGX Administrator
UGX Team Member
UGX Site Moderator Has the ability to issue warnings to users, edit and remove posts from the forum and to move topics to other boards. Upholds the rules of the forum. Moderates Chat Rooms.
:poker:  :troll:  :poker:
I can't tell if this is a yes or no answer to the jumpscares but I would appreciate if people actually put effort into making a map scary rather than putting some shitty picture on the screen that not only isn't scary but blocks me from seeing what I'm doing in the game.

One thing I learned a long time ago from watching horror movies and playing horror games is that the things you can't see are way more scary than the things you can see. Not knowing what something looks like makes it much more intense because your brain doesn't have a face to put to your fear, which amplifies it. Adding scary and ominous music and background noise (distant moaning, screaming, breathing, footsteps, voices which whisper things like "Look behind you", etc) will increase the scary effect. Shadows and outlines of figures are much more intense than some ugly monster model or picture.
Respect
Forum Rank
The Decider
Primary Group
Community Mapper
My Groups
More
More
Personal Quote
chromastone10's Groups
Community Mapper Has released one or more maps to the UGX-Mods community which have been added to the UGX Map Manager.
I can't tell if this is a yes or no answer to the jumpscares but I would appreciate if people actually put effort into making a map scary rather than putting some shitty picture on the screen that not only isn't scary but blocks me from seeing what I'm doing in the game.

One thing I learned a long time ago from watching horror movies and playing horror games is that the things you can't see are way more scary than the things you can see. Not knowing what something looks like makes it much more intense because your brain doesn't have a face to put to your fear, which amplifies it. Adding scary and ominous music and background noise (distant moaning, screaming, breathing, footsteps, voices which whisper things like "Look behind you", etc) will increase the scary effect. Shadows and outlines of figures are much more intense than some ugly monster model or picture.

ok, as of now there are no jumpscares, but I do have ambiance (chains rattling, wolves howling, wind, ect. ect.) And so far, EVERYONE who has played the map will NOT STOP ASKING if I have jumpscares, my friend said the longer he played it he felt like something was going to pop up even when walking in areas he had already been through quite a few times so ya.

Edit: And if I do add a jumpscare 1. It will have to intentionally be activated by the players and 2. Wont be a cheap picture on screen that blocks your view, so far  people have been jumpscared just by walking around a corner and a zombie is in there face :P thats the most jumpscary thing in the map as of now
Last Edit: July 29, 2014, 01:24:15 am by chromastone10
Date Registered: 19 July 2014
Last active: 7 years ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Legless Crawler
Primary Group
pl0tsp0t's Groups
pl0tsp0t's Contact & Social Links
I think you should do an open beta, because I want to check it out so badly!
True Blue Elite
Date Registered: 29 March 2014
Last active: 11 days ago
Respect
Forum Rank
King of the Zombies
Primary Group
Custom Map Reviewer
My Groups
More
More
Personal Quote
'Straya Mate
Signature
Please give me beta access, I would LOVE to test CO-OP
JiffyNoodles's Groups
Donator ♥ Benevolent Soul who has our eternal gratitude and exclusive access to betas and the donator section of the forum.
Custom Map Reviewer Has permission to post map review topics in the Custom Map Reviews section of the forum.
Oil Rig Beta Access
Oil Rig Beta Access
I think you should do an open beta, because I want to check it out so badly!
*facepalm* your definitely going to do what your supposed to do in a BETA  :kidding:
Respect
Forum Rank
Legless Crawler
Primary Group
pl0tsp0t's Groups
*facepalm* your definitely going to do what your supposed to do in a BETA  :kidding:

??
Respect
Forum Rank
The Decider
Primary Group
Community Mapper
My Groups
More
More
Personal Quote
chromastone10's Groups

ya this was why I didnt want to do a beta, most people just want to play it in which they should just wait for the full version, thats why im not doing an open beta, well at least not yet, I might get the map into release state then have it be "open beta" (pretty much just normaly releasing the map just having it "beta" in case there are any bugs, but as of now, there are only a few, mostly the 128 bones error on takeo and nikolia which is annoying and idk what to do)
Respect
Forum Rank
Legless Crawler
Primary Group
pl0tsp0t's Groups
ya this was why I didnt want to do a beta, most people just want to play it in which they should just wait for the full version, thats why im not doing an open beta, well at least not yet, I might get the map into release state then have it be "open beta" (pretty much just normaly releasing the map just having it "beta" in case there are any bugs, but as of now, there are only a few, mostly the 128 bones error on takeo and nikolia which is annoying and idk what to do)

Well I undertsand, but if I was playing it, I would try to find out some bugs(not that I would be capable of it, but at least try) :P
  • n123q45
  • Deleted Member
n123q45
thats why im not doing an open beta
yay chromo has common sense!!
well at least not yet,
well there goes his common sense again

Loading ...