Immortal
Primary Group
UGX Administrator
My Groups
More
My Contact & Social Links
More
Signature
If Java had true garbage collection, most programs would delete themselves upon execution.
treminaor's Groups
UGX Administrator
UGX Team Member
UGX Site Moderator Has the ability to issue warnings to users, edit and remove posts from the forum and to move topics to other boards. Upholds the rules of the forum. Moderates Chat Rooms.
i did what you said (Image removed from quote.)
You need to compile ugx_mod's mod.ff and use the project manager correctly.
broken avatar :(
  • n123q45
  • Deleted Member
n123q45
This user is deleted :(
You need to compile ugx_mod's mod.ff and use the project manager correctly.
please tell me how because clearly im not doing it right
[UGX] Founder
Date Registered: 24 June 2011
Last active: 8 months ago
Respect
6,691Add +1
Forum Rank
Immortal
Primary Group
UGX Administrator
My Groups
More
More
treminaor's Groups
UGX Administrator
UGX Team Member
UGX Site Moderator Has the ability to issue warnings to users, edit and remove posts from the forum and to move topics to other boards. Upholds the rules of the forum. Moderates Chat Rooms.
please tell me how because clearly im not doing it right
It's in the video tutorial.
  • DeletedUser
  • Deleted Member
DeletedUser
I get Exceeded limit of 1600 'loaded_sound' assets and I renamed the mapname_ignore.csv to match my map name and I didn't add any custom sounds.
[UGX] Founder
Respect
6,691Add +1
Forum Rank
Immortal
Primary Group
UGX Administrator
My Groups
More
More
treminaor's Groups
UGX Administrator
UGX Team Member
I get Exceeded limit of 1600 'loaded_sound' assets and I renamed the mapname_ignore.csv to match my map name and I didn't add any custom sounds.
Did you recompile your map after creating the ignore file? Are you using our zombiemode.csv and dlc3.csv in /zone_source/ ?
[UGX] Founder
Respect
6,691Add +1
Forum Rank
Immortal
Primary Group
UGX Administrator
My Groups
More
More
treminaor's Groups
UGX Administrator
UGX Team Member
I converted the video transcript into a wiki guide for those of you who either hate video tutorials (like me) or just want to find a specific section of the instructions without scrobbling through the video parts. There is a also a troubleshooting guide at the bottom.

http://ugx-mods.com/wiki/index.php?title=UGX_Mod_Standalone_Installation
  • DeletedUser
  • Deleted Member
DeletedUser
I got a problem. I launched my map with UGX installed and game couldn't find ugxm_pap_gun_upgrade image file.
Reinstalling didn't helped.
Date Registered: 1 October 2012
Last active: 8 years ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Legless Crawler
Primary Group
Donator ♥
My Groups
More
More
Fun498's Groups
Donator ♥ Benevolent Soul who has our eternal gratitude and exclusive access to betas and the donator section of the forum.
Fun498's Contact & Social Linksfun498Fun 498498fun
Wasn't exactly sure where to post this, so I thought this was the best place. Is there a way to implement a shared save for all maps using the ugx mod so rank/unlocks are seamless between several maps? These features are pretty useless when they only apply to a single map
Former UGX Lead Asset Creator
Date Registered: 17 August 2012
Last active: 5 years ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Zombie Destroyer
Primary Group
UGX V.I.P.
My Groups
More
More
Personal Quote
Eh?
Signature

(Click to enter portfolio)
SajeOne's Groups
Donator ♥ Benevolent Soul who has our eternal gratitude and exclusive access to betas and the donator section of the forum.
UGX V.I.P.
UGX V.I.P.
Wasn't exactly sure where to post this, so I thought this was the best place. Is there a way to implement a shared save for all maps using the ugx mod so rank/unlocks are seamless between several maps? These features are pretty useless when they only apply to a single map
The way our rank saving works is the rank info is saved to the players profile but only for the individual mod that is being played. It is not possible to do otherwise, and before you bring up realism. Realism uses one mod, as you notice you must add all the maps .ff and iwd files to the one individual realism mod. Issue is the mod must then meet strict requirements and prevents mappers from being able to edit the mod for all maps to function properly and we didn't want to take that path.
Last Edit: July 15, 2013, 06:56:25 pm by SajeOne
[UGX] Founder
Respect
6,691Add +1
Forum Rank
Immortal
Primary Group
UGX Administrator
My Groups
More
More
treminaor's Groups
UGX Administrator
UGX Team Member
These features are pretty useless when they only apply to a single map
Would you rather someone made a boxmap for farming points and then you had everyone running around with a Pimp hat on every single UGX Mod map because they got the achievement once on UGX Easy Ranks v2.0?

The fact that the rank is on a per-map basis keeps the exclusivity of the unlocks in check. If someone has a Pimp Hat on Comosea it's a lot more respectable than what I mentioned above.

This, combined with what Saje said, is exactly why we set it up the way we did :)
Date Registered: 27 August 2012
Last active: 4 months ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Zombie Colossus
Primary Group
Custom Map Reviewer
My Groups
More
More
Personal Quote
Tommy Wonka & the Idea Factory
tomikaze's Groups
Custom Map Reviewer Has permission to post map review topics in the Custom Map Reviews section of the forum.
Oil Rig Beta Access
Oil Rig Beta Access
WHAT!? Easy Ranks v2.0? Did I miss the announcement for the next official UGX map release? I've been waiting for the sequel to Comosea for so long and now it's almost here, YES!
Former UGX Lead Asset Creator
Date Registered: 17 August 2012
Last active: 5 years ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Zombie Destroyer
Primary Group
UGX V.I.P.
My Groups
More
More
Personal Quote
Eh?
SajeOne's Groups
UGX V.I.P.
UGX V.I.P.
WHAT!? Easy Ranks v2.0? Did I miss the announcement for the next official UGX map release? I've been waiting for the sequel to Comosea for so long and now it's almost here, YES!
ballbags decided to help us out with level design, couldn't be doing it without him.  :troll:
Date Registered: 1 October 2012
Last active: 8 years ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Legless Crawler
Primary Group
Donator ♥
My Groups
More
More
Fun498's Groups
Fun498's Contact & Social Linksfun498Fun 498498fun
Thanks for the quick replies, I guess I overlooked people looking to take advantage. A couple possible solutions could be:
  • Share progress between "core" UGX releases (Comosea/Keneipe/etc)
  • Some sort of approval system to use the shared pool in outside maps
With either of these approaches, an unapproved map would use the current (serperate) progress by default.

And maybe I'm just lazy, but I find some of the challenges require tons of hours. I'd surely love to put the required time into a few different maps, but I rather variety. By the time I unlock most challenges, I'd be done with the map and move on and so never really get to show off/be proud. Nerfing the challenges would definitely take out a lot of the fun, so consistent progress seems like the best solution. I'd be glad to help implement a system if it seems worthwhile
[UGX] Founder
Respect
6,691Add +1
Forum Rank
Immortal
Primary Group
UGX Administrator
My Groups
More
More
treminaor's Groups
UGX Administrator
UGX Team Member
Thanks for the quick replies, I guess I overlooked people looking to take advantage. A couple possible solutions could be:
  • Share progress between "core" UGX releases (Comosea/Keneipe/etc)
  • Some sort of approval system to use the shared pool in outside maps
With either of these approaches, an unapproved map would use the current (serperate) progress by default.
To share stats, the maps have to be in the same mod folder. If you have multiple maps in the same mod folder, their assets all add up to the same limit. This is why there are no heavily customized maps supported by Zombie Realism. It would also require us to manually add maps to the core package, which is more menial labor than we would ever want to commit to. I watched how annoying it was for Rampage to keep the mod updated with new maps and it did not look the least bit enjoyable, as I'm sure most could assume.

And maybe I'm just lazy, but I find some of the challenges require tons of hours.
It depends on the map, too. Unfortunately we can't make all challenges 100% fair on all maps because we don't have control over the maps.

I'd be glad to help implement a system if it seems worthwhile
What kind of help are you offering?

Loading ...