UGX-Mods

Call of Duty 5: World at War => Map Releases => Custom Maps, Mods & Tools => UGX Team Releases => Topic started by: treminaor on January 22, 2013, 07:43:20 am

Title: [Release] UGX Mod Standalone v1.0.4
Post by: treminaor on January 22, 2013, 07:43:20 am
(http://i.imgur.com/hRtZRKb.png)
This is the standalone version of the UGX mod, which can be installed by developers to their maps.
THIS IS NOT A PLAYABLE MAP OR MOD!

ugx-mods.com

(https://dl.dropbox.com/u/7345145/UGX/UGX%20Mod/install.png)

> WIKI GUIDE (new) < (http://ugx-mods.com/wiki/index.php?title=UGX_Mod_Standalone_Installation)

UGX Mod Standalone Installation Tutorial Series on YouTube

You are responsible for backing up your map folder before attempting installation. UGX-Mods is not responsible for any damage done to your installation or map/mod due to user error.

Changelog:
- v1.0.4:
-- Fixed a bug when using the UGX Mod v1.0.3 in combination with the UGX Modtools Patch which causes a missing file error for "ugx_modder_help.gsc".
- v1.0.3:
- Updated file: raw/ui/challenges.menu
-- Fixed a bug where the main menu music would play if you used the in-game Challenges menu. If you are updating your root folder from an earlier version of UGX Mod Standalone, you will need to recompile your UGX Mod mod.ff for the changes to take effect.

- v1.0.2:
- Added vision setting to ugxm_user_settings.gsc. If you wish to use custom vision on your map. change the second parameter of line 15:
Code Snippet
Plaintext
game_setting("vision_file", "zombie_factory");

- Added objective support for 3rd party developers. If you wish to enable an objective gamemode option in the ugx mod menu in-game, change the second parameter of line 38 in ugxm_user_settings.gsc to true:
Code Snippet
Plaintext
set_gamemode("objectives", true);

Once you do this, you can call your objectives script by encapsulating the first function call within a code block in your map.gsc:
Code Snippet
Plaintext
maps\_zombiemode::main();

if(level.ugxm_settings["objectives"])
{
    thread my_objectives_init();
}
      -
v1.0.1: Added support for maps which did not begin with the nazi_zombie_ prefix.

(https://dl.dropbox.com/u/7345145/UGX/UGX%20Mod/faq.png)
Q. Why don't my guns have any ADS animations? Why are my viewhands default? Why am I getting a script error when I load my map?
A. It is very important that you make sure your map does not use any gsc files which UGX Mod is already modifying. For example, if your mod has it's own _loadout.gsc in the iwd, or it's own _zombiemode.gsc, they need to be excluded from the iwd compile in order for UGX Mod to work. GSC customizations need to be moved into ugx_mod.iwd's _zombiemode.gsc. This should not be difficult for most people, since you have to have a basic knowledge of scripting to have even modified _zombiemode.gsc in the first place (I would hope).

Q. How do I compile my map without UGX Mod? I'm done with my UGX Mod map, how do I go back to making regular stock-style maps?
A.When you want to compile a map without UGX Mod loaded into it, you need to rename your "ui" folder to "ui - UGX_MOD" and rename the "ui - ORIGINAL" folder to ""ui". Same goes for "ui_mp". Then you need to go into /root/zone_source/ and rename zombiemode.csv to zombiemode.ugx and dlc3.csv to dlc3.ugx, then rename zombiemode.original to zombiemode.csv, and dlc3.original to dlc.csv. Lastly remove ugx_mod.iwd, ugxm_guns.iwd, localized_common.ff, and localized_mapname.ff from your root/mods/mapname folder and appdata/mods folder. To go back to UGX Mod compile mode, reverse these steps. You are basically just swapping between the stock ui + csv and the ugx_mod ui + csv.

Q. I added the UGX Mod to my map, and now I get "1600 sound limit exceeded!" or "400fx limit exceeded!"
A. UGX Mod cannot be installed unless you are the developer and compiler of the map. You must be using our custom dlc3.csv and zombiemode.csv, and you must make sure you properly renamed the root/zone_source/english/assetlist/mapname_ignore.csv to match your map's ff name.

Q. Why does the font look weird when I compile my map?
A. This is a minor side effect of using the CoD4 font in WaW - ignore this issue, it will look fine in-game.

Q. Why does the font look weird or garbled (unreadable) when I launch my map? Why does the main menu still look normal, and not like I designed in Photoshop?
A. You did not install/compile the UGX Mod mod.ff to your map correctly. Follow the instructions again, slowly and carefully this time.

Q. When I compile my map with UGX Mod, I see this error in Launcher:
[/list][/list]
Code Snippet
Plaintext
ERROR: Could not open '../zone_source/english/assetlist/common_ignore.csv'
    A. This error is just a CSV typo. It can be safely ignored.

(https://dl.dropbox.com/u/7345145/UGX/UGX%20Mod/features.png)

NEW GAME MODES
    Now there are more ways to enjoy World at War's zombie mode! Expanding on the classic zombie gameplay, we've included 5 separate game modes each offering a unique experience:

• Gun Game: This was a favourite from UGX Christmas, and it's been tweaked and improved to be even better than before. Compete with your friends to get enough points, so you can reach the highest gun in the cycle before they can beat you to it.
    • Sharpshooter: An endless cycle of random weapons is thrust upon the players, forcing you to fight off the zombie horde with whatever you're given! This offers a fun twist on the classic zombie mode.
    • Bounty Hunter: A special zombie is marked in the game, and you must compete with your friends to be the first one to kill him, in order to gain a mega points bonus!
    • Arcade Mode: Our specially tweaked variant of traditional zombie gameplay, Arcade Mode includes 8+ new powerups and a special boss zombie round.
    • Classic: Un-altered classic Call of Duty zombies, but with the UGX Mod's epic arsenal of weaponry at your disposal.

Timed gameplay can optionally be activated on all five game modes, and on certain UGX official map releases there will be an option to enable objective gameplay too; this will be specific and unique to individual maps.

RANKING SYSTEM
    The UGX mod tracks stats and points gained in matches, allowing you to rank-up - this will unlock beneficial abilities or other unlockables to make your game experience persistently fun!
    In addition to this there is a unique Challenges system with a variety of special prizes awarded to players who manage to master a weapon, or perform an awesome feat. This includes all-new challenges which we've created ourselves!

70+ NEW WEAPONS
    Fight off hordes of zombies with a brand new arsenal of epic weapons, including totally custom-built guns from UGX!
    We've also been working very hard to include a huge selection of modern weapons from Call of Duty 4 and Black Ops, as well as awesome wonder-weapons such as the Thunder Gun and Winter's Howl.

ADDITIONAL FEATURES:
    • 8+ New Powerups
    • Black Ops Quick Revive
    • Black Ops Firesale
    • Black Ops Thundergun, Freezegun, and Crossbow
    • Black Ops Sentry Gun
    • New Zombie Types
    • Custom voiceovers
    • Custom textures / images - LOTS of them!
    • Custom FX

(https://dl.dropbox.com/u/7345145/UGX/UGX%20Mod/media.png)

UGX Mod promotional video (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s_alt2avaRI#ws)

UGX Mod YouTube Videos
    [/list][/list]
    Special Thanks:
    Tom_Bmx, for his numerous tools that make our lives easier.
    The UGX Donors  <3, for their donations and for the time they spent testing the mod on various maps.
    Treyarch, for developing this shitty game that we love so dearly.
    Infinity Ward, for making this engine a living hell.
    KDXDARK for assisting with finding a  vision bug in v1.0.2.
    Title: Re: [Release] UGX Mod Standalone v1.0
    Post by: treminaor on January 25, 2013, 11:28:51 pm
    Enjoy!
    Post by: KDXDARK on January 25, 2013, 11:45:53 pm
    (http://www.memegenerator.es/imagenes/memes/41/2535863.jpg)
    Post by: tomikaze on January 26, 2013, 12:46:36 am
    Awesome, just awesome. Treminaor, for a while I thought this day would never come but bro...YOU DID IT!!! A huge freaking thank you to everyone at UGX that had a hand in this. I can't wait to see the future maps that use this mod.
    Post by: treminaor on January 26, 2013, 12:55:12 am
    Treminaor, for a while I thought this day would never come
    Same here  :(

but bro...YOU DID IT!!! A huge freaking thank you to everyone at UGX that had a hand in this. I can't wait to see the future maps that use this mod.
    You're welcome :)
    Post by: nickst98 on January 26, 2013, 01:52:01 am
    sweet gonna test on fac today
    Post by: treminaor on January 26, 2013, 01:53:10 am
    sweet gonna test on fac today
    Make a backup - msg me if you have issues.
    Post by: KDXDARK on January 26, 2013, 02:09:38 am
    use the Cod Map Packer

download: http://tom-bmx.com/downloads.php?id=3 (http://tom-bmx.com/downloads.php?id=3)
    Post by: nickst98 on January 26, 2013, 02:34:17 am

k

use the Cod Map Packer

download: http://tom-bmx.com/downloads.php?id=3 (http://tom-bmx.com/downloads.php?id=3)

thanks but i got a usb i put them on
    Post by: KDXDARK on January 27, 2013, 05:36:09 pm
    what photoshop version are you using?

i got this error

"the following source is not in the text layer" (translated to english)

edit: download the font overhere:
    http://www.dafont.com/bignoodle-titling.font (http://www.dafont.com/bignoodle-titling.font)

go to control panel> appearance and personalization> sources and put overthere the .ttf files :D
    Post by: KDXDARK on January 27, 2013, 06:40:36 pm
    The dogs work on classic mode?
    Post by: treminaor on January 27, 2013, 06:41:42 pm
    The dogs work on classic mode?
    I've never tried - maybe they would work, can't say for sure.
    Post by: KDXDARK on January 27, 2013, 06:44:18 pm
    I've never tried - maybe they would work, can't say for sure.
    maybe no if you dont delete the lines on zombiemode.gsc
    Post by: ZouteCracker on January 28, 2013, 02:01:41 pm
    Hi UGX,

This is an awesome mod and thanks for making it standalone so we can put all that hardwork in our own maps.
    Have it running on my map like a charm.Thanks for that.

Cheers,

ZouteCracker
    Post by: treminaor on January 28, 2013, 05:03:56 pm
    Hi UGX,

This is an awesome mod and thanks for making it standalone so we can put all that hardwork in our own maps.
    Have it running on my map like a charm.Thanks for that.

Cheers,

ZouteCracker
    Great to hear  ;D
    Post by: KDXDARK on January 28, 2013, 06:20:13 pm
    when i compile the ugx-mod say this: ERROR: Could not open '../zone_source/english/assetlist/common_ignore.csv'
    Post by: treminaor on January 28, 2013, 06:37:10 pm
    when i compile the ugx-mod say this: ERROR: Could not open '../zone_source/english/assetlist/common_ignore.csv'
    Doesn't mean anything important, ignore the error.
    Post by: KDXDARK on January 28, 2013, 06:50:41 pm
    Doesn't mean anything important, ignore the error.
    make a section for post the errors of the mod ;D

more help: weapons without ads and the fx of the revive stay stucked

ads: i try the solution of the main page and not work

revive: i recompile all and dont work.
    Title: Re: [Release] UGX Mod Standalone v1.0.1
    Post by: treminaor on January 30, 2013, 07:25:39 am
    v1.0.1 released, download link updated. This should fix your issue Darklegioin  :gusta:
    Post by: Dns_Hypnotik on January 30, 2013, 10:05:44 am
    thnx im now gonne test it ^^
    Post by: KDXDARK on January 30, 2013, 04:44:52 pm
    This should fix your issue Darklegioin  :gusta:
    Thank's, when you never post a reply i think "he die"  :lol:
    Post by: KDXDARK on January 30, 2013, 06:13:24 pm
    Fx revive keep stucked  :(
    Post by: treminaor on January 30, 2013, 06:52:02 pm
    Fx revive keep stucked  :(
    What do you mean?
    Post by: KDXDARK on January 30, 2013, 09:59:02 pm
    What do you mean?
    When you revive you see all dark, i cant give you a image my pc is broken :(
    Post by: W1NG3D on January 30, 2013, 11:09:28 pm
    Maybe he means that the .vision for when you're downed is what you're stuck with even after you've been revived? Most likely something to do with the scripts for the self-revive perk.
    Post by: treminaor on January 30, 2013, 11:20:58 pm
    When you revive you see all dark, i cant give you a image my pc is broken :(
    When I converted it from Comosea I forgot that normally maps have no vision turned on. I will fix this and upload 1.0.2 in the next day or two when I get time to track down the bug.
    Post by: W1NG3D on January 31, 2013, 09:01:23 am
    Try uncommenting line number 3126 in _zombiemode.gsc (which is in ugx_mod.iwd) :)
    Post by: treminaor on January 31, 2013, 02:33:34 pm
    Try uncommenting line number 3126 in _zombiemode.gsc (which is in ugx_mod.iwd)

That won't fix it. Zombie Factory is only the vision for Der Reise. Stock maps don't have any vision at all, so turning on Zombie Factory would darken the contrast permanently for the session.
    Post by: W1NG3D on February 01, 2013, 03:15:49 am
    That won't fix it. Zombie Factory is only the vision for Der Reise. Stock maps don't have any vision at all, so turning on Zombie Factory would darken the contrast permanently for the session.

If his map uses Sniperbolt or script-placer 1.4 scripts, it will be using zombie_factory.vision by default, so the fix would work. If not, I guess you could include a mapname.vision of your choosing then replace that line with the amended visionfile name.
    Post by: treminaor on February 01, 2013, 03:26:22 am
    If his map uses Sniperbolt or script-placer 1.4 scripts, it will be using zombie_factory.vision by default, so the fix would work. If not, I guess you could include a mapname.vision of your choosing then replace that line with the amended visionfile name.
    Script Placer does not use any vision. At least ours doesn't. Oldtown has no vision. Sniperbolt maps use Factory's vision, which is high contrast and dark.
    Post by: SajeOne on February 01, 2013, 03:48:38 am
    Script Placer does not use any vision. At least ours doesn't. Oldtown has no vision. Sniperbolt maps use Factory's vision, which is high contrast and dark.
    actually I checked the UGX Script placer does use the DLC3 Vision. I have no idea about default oldtown.
    Post by: treminaor on February 01, 2013, 03:53:17 am
    actually I checked the UGX Script placer does use the DLC3 Vision. I have no idea about default oldtown.
    The script placer is what I used to make my test map in the tutorial videos. There is no vision active.
    Post by: TheNiceUb3r on February 01, 2013, 05:30:15 pm
    No matter what I do or try always get the loaded sounds error
    and the font looks very bad can't see/read anything
    Post by: KDXDARK on February 01, 2013, 06:30:32 pm
    No matter what I do or try always get the loaded sounds error
    and the font looks very bad can't see/read anything
    you do something wrong see the tutorial again and follow him
    Post by: treminaor on February 09, 2013, 08:24:48 am
    Ok, v1.0.2 is released (updated download link in first post). If you have already installed v1.0.1, all you need to do is overwrote your ugx_mod.iwd with the 1.0.2 version, and copy ui/scriptmenus into your ui folder, overwriting the v1.0.1 files. Then recompile your ugx mod mod.ff, done.

Changelog:

- Added vision setting to ugxm_user_settings.gsc. If you wish to use custom vision on your map. change the second parameter of line 15:
    Code Snippet
    Plaintext
    game_setting("vision_file", "zombie_factory");

- Added objective support for 3rd party developers. If you wish to enable an objective gamemode option in the ugx mod menu in-game, change the second parameter of line 38 in ugxm_user_settings.gsc to true:
    Code Snippet
    Plaintext
    set_gamemode("objectives", true);

Once you do this, you can call your objectives script by encapsulating the first function call within a code block in your map.gsc:
    Code Snippet
    Plaintext

if(level.ugxm_settings["objectives"])
    {
        thread my_objectives_init();
    }
    Title: Re: [Release] UGX Mod Standalone v1.0.2
    Post by: JayPix on February 09, 2013, 04:50:08 pm
    How can I use the mod without making my own map treminaor?
    Post by: treminaor on February 09, 2013, 07:44:19 pm
    How can I use the mod without making my own map treminaor?
    Impossible. This is for developers only, as stated in the first post.
    Post by: KDXDARK on February 09, 2013, 09:20:33 pm
    There isnt a special thanks to DARKLEGION for the fix of the dark visio? :)
    Post by: treminaor on February 09, 2013, 09:23:42 pm
    There isnt a special thanks to DARKLEGION for the fix of the dark visio? :)
    lol I already knew what the problem was, the reason that line was commented in _zombiemode.gsc was because I commented it before releasing v1.0.1. But regardless I've added a little note for you at the bottom of the first post.
    Post by: KDXDARK on February 09, 2013, 09:24:54 pm
    lol I already knew what the problem was, the reason that line was commented in _zombiemode.gsc was because I commented it before releasing v1.0.1. But regardless I've added a little note for you at the bottom of the first post.
    Thanks!! :)
    Post by: treminaor on February 09, 2013, 09:28:42 pm
    Thanks!! :)
    You were very helpful by posting the how-to topic for the users while I was fixing the bug, so thanks.
    Post by: bionicle1995 on February 09, 2013, 10:26:00 pm
    I know this is meant for developers, but will you be releasing a versioon for easy-addition to maps such as Der Reise?
    I kinda wanna play the classic four with gun game features.
    Post by: treminaor on February 09, 2013, 10:44:30 pm
    I know this is meant for developers, but will you be releasing a versioon for easy-addition to maps such as Der Reise?
    I kinda wanna play the classic four with gun game features.
    This is not possible. The reason this is only for developers and not for players is because the maps must be edited by developers before they can support the mod. Already released maps such as Der Reise would have to be repackaged and edited before they could work with the UGX Mod. Since there is no source available for maps that have already been packaged/compiled, UGX Mod cannot be added to them. Hopefully this makes sense.

If you wish to see UGX Mod added to a map that has already been released, I would encourage you to contact the map developer and request that he add support.
    Post by: bionicle1995 on February 09, 2013, 11:46:40 pm
    aww, that sucks. Thanks for explaining it, even if I don't quite understand it all XD
    Still, keep up the good work. Hope to see more brilliant stuff from you guys.
    Post by: Mckay on February 12, 2013, 08:10:43 pm
    "[11:11:54 AM] McKay: Hey trem, I tested out your semtex grenades today, and they do not work properly. :O Here's a vid of what happens when I use them: http://www.xfire.com/video/5e26d6"
    Post by: SajeOne on February 12, 2013, 11:13:44 pm
    "[11:11:54 AM] McKay: Hey trem, I tested out your semtex grenades today, and they do not work properly. :O Here's a vid of what happens when I use them: http://www.xfire.com/video/5e26d6"
    its working the way it should(other then the obvious FX and molotov anim) I never looked if the molotov was linked to a script or not(kinda like betty). If it is would be easy to fix. If not might need to do some debug on it, would imagine it wouldn't be too hard to fix though.
    Post by: Pikachu on February 13, 2013, 11:53:01 am
    The mod works great however I am having a single problem, it's with the font.
    Here's an image of what the font looks like for me...
    (http://gyazo.com/54336432a3ffaccnu23n9n22c4)

I believe I've installed it correctly because everything else works correctly.
    If you know how please tell me how to fix this, thanks.
    Post by: SajeOne on February 13, 2013, 01:18:44 pm
    The mod works great however I am having a single problem, it's with the font.
    Here's an image of what the font looks like for me...
    (http://gyazo.com/54336432a3ffacc7b08fedd44477d2c4.png?1360756224)

I believe I've installed it correctly because everything else works correctly.
    If you know how please tell me how to fix this, thanks.
    omg I've spotted a Pikachu, wheres my poke ball :D. Are you using a different language from English?
    Post by: Pikachu on February 13, 2013, 01:22:09 pm
    omg I've spotted a Pikachu, wheres my poke ball :D. Are you using a different language from English?
    No, I am using English. :/
    Post by: SajeOne on February 13, 2013, 01:41:06 pm
    No, I am using English. :/
    I didn't deal with this part of the mod, WING3D figured it out, I think with treminaors help(i think) so they might have an answer. maybe try another resolution? idk what else to suggest.
    Post by: Pikachu on February 13, 2013, 01:54:22 pm
    I didn't deal with this part of the mod, WING3D figured it out, I think with treminaors help(i think) so they might have an answer. maybe try another resolution? idk what else to suggest.
    Alright, thanks anyway.
    Post by: treminaor on February 13, 2013, 05:22:56 pm
    Alright, thanks anyway.
    You didn't install the fonts correctly. Double check your work.
    Post by: Pikachu on February 13, 2013, 07:11:50 pm
    Ok, thanks.
    Post by: Pikachu on February 14, 2013, 04:50:18 am
    I fixed it. :D
    Thanks, it's nice to be able to read again...
    Post by: treminaor on February 14, 2013, 05:07:40 am
    I fixed it. :D
    Thanks, it's nice to be able to read again...
    Great :)
    Post by: Pikachu on February 16, 2013, 02:25:49 am
    I seem to be unable to get powerups. :/
    Post by: treminaor on February 16, 2013, 02:46:07 am
    I seem to be unable to get powerups. :/
    Some other script is interfering then. Check your map's iwd and make sure it doesn't have a _zombiemode.gsc or _zombiemode_perks.gsc.
    Post by: Pikachu on February 16, 2013, 02:51:41 am
    Some other script is interfering then. Check your map's iwd and make sure it doesn't have a _zombiemode.gsc or _zombiemode_perks.gsc.
    I don't have either in the iwd.
    Post by: trebeltom1 on February 17, 2013, 02:41:01 pm
    when i move the mods.ff from the ugx_mods file, I can't find it.... can you help?
    Post by: treminaor on February 19, 2013, 07:14:12 pm
    I've added two new questions to the FAQ along with their answers.
    Post by: KDXDARK on February 20, 2013, 02:15:06 am
    People see the videos again, i tried watching it 2 times and all work perfect without errors
    Post by: flukey.lukey on February 24, 2013, 04:32:27 am
    Hi.
    I've followed the guide and it all works. However when i lauch the map i get a 1600 sound limit exceded error. I have done everything in the faq solution. What should i do?
    Thanks,
    Luke
    Post by: OnlineX420 on February 24, 2013, 06:49:27 am
    Hi.
    I've followed the guide and it all works. However when i lauch the map i get a 1600 sound limit exceded error. I have done everything in the faq solution. What should i do?
    Thanks,
    Luke

must have installed it wrong   :-\
    try it again xD
    Post by: flukey.lukey on February 24, 2013, 10:04:47 am
    Please, Please, Please some one help me...
    I have spend a bout 2 years on a map and its done but I keep getting a "1600 sound limit exceeded" error!
    What is wrong!!
    Someone please help

Post Merge: February 24, 2013, 10:13:52 am
    please someone help. im at the point when im really depressed that ive spent years and can't get it to work. :'(
    Post by: SajeOne on February 24, 2013, 03:35:26 pm
    I have spend a bout 2 years on a map and its done but I keep getting a "1600 sound limit exceeded" error!
    What is wrong!!
    Someone please help

please someone help. im at the point when im really depressed that ive spent years and can't get it to work. :'(
    It says right on the front page to create a backup because we are not responsible for loss of work...
    Post by: OnlineX420 on February 24, 2013, 05:21:35 pm
    What is wrong!!
    Someone please help

1. save your .map file
    2. remove all other files associated with your map name.(make sure to backup any custom scripts that you have.)
    3.regenerate files with "UGX Script Placer"
    4.repeat Trem's amazing tut on installing the "UGX Standalone Mod"
    5.then compile and enjoy....
    Post by: treminaor on February 24, 2013, 06:27:06 pm
    What is wrong!!
    Someone please help

1600 sound limit exceeded is hardly an error to worry about losing work with. It's simply just an error, it doesn't mean anything is broken or lost...

Your map is obviously custom since you've spent so long on it so I assume you already have custom sounds of your own in it - remove some of the custom sounds and see if the error goes away. If it does, you can put your custom sounds back and we will help you remove some  hidden sounds that you don't need instead :)

If the error doesn't go away, you either haven't removed enough sounds or you don't know how to remove sounds correctly.
    Post by: Mckay on February 24, 2013, 10:23:19 pm
    After setting objectives to true, and calling the thread/making the objectives in my map's gsc, the objectives do not show up in game. Anyone know why?
    Post by: treminaor on February 24, 2013, 10:33:08 pm
    After setting objectives to true, and calling the thread/making the objectives in my map's gsc, the objectives do not show up in game. Anyone know why?
    Do you see the objectives option in your menu? Did you update your UI folder to the menu files included in the very latest UGX Mod release? Did you recompile your ugx mod mod.ff in order to update to the new UI files?
    Post by: nickst98 on February 25, 2013, 03:24:24 am
    mod.ff on last step was missing i had a mod.csv
    Post by: lpsssmdlj on February 25, 2013, 05:38:11 am
    I've been so excited to implement this into a new map but I seem to keep getting the same error.

Code Snippet
    Plaintext
     Server script compile error
    Could not find script 'animscripts/dog_init'
    [See console for details]

I've followed the tutorial videos very closely, (multiple times might I add), yet I still keep getting this same error.

Here is a Youtube video I recorded to show the error happening: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1xjq3g3jWck (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1xjq3g3jWck).

I will attach my console.log file so if anyone wants to take a look at it then they can. I'm not sure if it's a problem with my game files or if its a silly mistake on my part but I've read the FAQ's, searched around, and attempted creating about 5 maps following the tutorial videos and I don't know what else to try. Hopefully one of you can help me :) I can't wait to start mapping once this is working.

The name of the map is "ugx_test2"[/s]

---[EDIT]---  Turns out that it wasn't a problem with the UGX mod but a problem with my game files. After a clean install of World At War, I tried to create a map normally without the mod and I still got the same error. Time for some problem solving :p
    Post by: W1NG3D on February 26, 2013, 01:49:16 am
    I've been so excited to implement this into a new map but I seem to keep getting the same error.

Code Snippet
    Plaintext
     Server script compile error
    Could not find script 'animscripts/dog_init'
    [See console for details]

I've followed the tutorial videos very closely, (multiple times might I add), yet I still keep getting this same error.

Here is a Youtube video I recorded to show the error happening: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1xjq3g3jWck (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1xjq3g3jWck).

I will attach my console.log file so if anyone wants to take a look at it then they can. I'm not sure if it's a problem with my game files or if its a silly mistake on my part but I've read the FAQ's, searched around, and attempted creating about 5 maps following the tutorial videos and I don't know what else to try. Hopefully one of you can help me :) I can't wait to start mapping once this is working.

The name of the map is "ugx_test2"[/s]

---[EDIT]---  Turns out that it wasn't a problem with the UGX mod but a problem with my game files. After a clean install of World At War, I tried to create a map normally without the mod and I still got the same error. Time for some problem solving :p

Are you compiling your map's _patch.ff file? I used to get this error before compiling my mapname_patch.ff, but after doing that the error was fixed and I could play normally.
    Post by: nickst98 on February 26, 2013, 02:11:52 am
    mod.ff on last step was missing i had a mod.csv

anyone know what i did wrong
    Post by: treminaor on February 26, 2013, 02:13:31 am
    anyone know what i did wrong
    I'm not exactly sure what you're asking but to get a mod.ff you have to compile it first. If you mean it was missing after using the UGX Project Mover, then tick the Copy box before moving it again.
    Post by: nickst98 on February 26, 2013, 06:24:42 am
    I'm not exactly sure what you're asking but to get a mod.ff you have to compile it first. If you mean it was missing after using the UGX Project Mover, then tick the Copy box before moving it again.

oh yeah ill try that, just reinstalled before adding ugx mod, i gave up trying to fix my bugs and now it works. my playermodels no longer default to default actor!
    Post by: lpsssmdlj on February 26, 2013, 09:52:53 pm
    Are you compiling your map's _patch.ff file? I used to get this error before compiling my mapname_patch.ff, but after doing that the error was fixed and I could play normally.

I'll try that right now, thanks for the input :)

[Edit]
    Just wanted to say that I have the mod working perfectly on my map now. Thank you so much for releasing this. Its awesome!
    Post by: flukey.lukey on March 02, 2013, 08:11:50 am
    Hey guys can you post a list of all 70+ guns that are in the mod?
    (and what their weapon file names are?)
    -Luke
    Post by: treminaor on March 02, 2013, 08:20:52 am
    Just wanted to say that I have the mod working perfectly on my map now. Thank you so much for releasing this. Its awesome!
    You're welcome :)

Hey guys can you post a list of all 70+ guns that are in the mod?
    (and what their weapon file names are?)
    -Luke
    Download the mod, open ugxm_guns.iwd, check the /weapons/sp folder.
    Post by: nickst98 on March 02, 2013, 01:41:59 pm
    fac now running ugx mod 100% working!
    Post by: treminaor on March 02, 2013, 06:22:02 pm
    fac now running ugx mod 100% working!
    :D
    Post by: flukey.lukey on March 03, 2013, 05:03:21 am
    Umm when I add trem bank (2) to my map it doesn't work quite right...the ui doesn't come up which im guessing has something to do with having to put files in different locations because im using UGX mod...
    Has anyone done this before and knows what do do?
    -Luke
    Post by: Mckay on March 03, 2013, 09:04:40 pm
    After updating my map's ui files to get the objectives to work, when I quit the map from the duration when I am playing, when the mod's menu appears, my cod waw crashes with, "Unhandled exceptions caught." Anyway for this to be fixed?
    Post by: treminaor on March 06, 2013, 03:47:23 am
    After updating my map's ui files to get the objectives to work, when I quit the map from the duration when I am playing, when the mod's menu appears, my cod waw crashes with, "Unhandled exceptions caught." Anyway for this to be fixed?
    I will do some testing on my end and try to verify if its my fault or if its local to your mod.
    Post by: treminaor on March 06, 2013, 08:03:37 am
    Just tested, works fine for me. I turned objectives on and played for a good 5 minutes, then quit back to the main menu and everything was fine. From there I was able to exit CoDWaW normally with no crash. You must have a scripting error that's crashing the game.
    Post by: trebeltom1 on March 06, 2013, 01:43:07 pm
    are we able to add our own guns to the mod? eg the recently released peacekeeper from tom bmx ?
    Post by: treminaor on March 06, 2013, 04:02:14 pm
    are we able to add our own guns to the mod? eg the recently released peacekeeper from tom bmx ?
    No, and there isn't enough asset room left anyway.
    Post by: Mckay on March 06, 2013, 07:32:57 pm
    Well thats not good for me then. Thanks for the info. Looks like my map is facked.

It may be the debug from the bank; when I set it to false it doesn't affect it at all, there is no changes.
    Post by: treminaor on March 06, 2013, 07:50:13 pm
    Well thats not good for me then. Thanks for the info. Looks like my map is facked.

It may be the debug from the bank; when I set it to false it doesn't affect it at all, there is no changes.
    Catch me on Skype when I get home in about 3-4 hours.
    Post by: flukey.lukey on March 06, 2013, 10:55:40 pm
    Umm when I add trem bank (2) to my map it doesn't work quite right...the ui doesn't come up which im guessing has something to do with having to put files in different locations because im using UGX mod...
    Has anyone done this before and knows what do do?
    -Luke

Does anyone know a fix for this?

Post Merge: March 07, 2013, 10:09:56 am
    Can we add extra custom weapons to a map running ugx standalone?
    I figure that I it probably a different procedure that a stock map.
    -Luke
    Post by: treminaor on March 07, 2013, 06:51:20 pm
    Can we add extra custom weapons to a map running ugx standalone?
    I figure that I it probably a different procedure that a stock map.
    -Luke
    There's probably room for a few more weapons but not a ton. A lot of the asset room is already taken by UGX Mod content. You will need to use an ff other than mod.ff to include your weapons - otherwise the process is the same. All UGX weapons are placed in localized_common.ff, which is proof you can put the stuff in any iwd. Make sure you edit the UGX scripts accordingly to add your weapons to the gamemodes as well as editing the UGX _zombiemode_weapons.gsc instead of making a new one. It should be straightforward if you know what you are doing.
    Post by: flukey.lukey on March 07, 2013, 08:16:09 pm
    So i can make the mod.ff for my map in launcher. Rename it to anything and copy over thu gux mod.ff?
    Post by: treminaor on March 07, 2013, 11:08:42 pm
    So i can make the mod.ff for my map in launcher. Rename it to anything and copy over thu gux mod.ff?
    Exactly :)

Well actually you can't rename it to anything - it has to be localized_mapname.ff
    Post by: flukey.lukey on March 08, 2013, 07:34:09 am
    Exactly :)

Well actually you can't rename it to anything - it has to be localized_mapname.ff

oh, thanks. I was calling it localized_common.ff not localized_mapname.ff
    That must be where a couple of the problems im having are branching from..
    Post by: treminaor on March 08, 2013, 07:37:50 am
    oh, thanks. I was calling it localized_common.ff not localized_mapname.ff
    That must be where a couple of the problems im having are branching from..
    localized_common.ff is used by UGX Mod to hold all the gun assets... make sure you restore the correct localized_common.ff from the UGX Mod rar.
    Post by: flukey.lukey on March 08, 2013, 07:57:02 am
    localized_common.ff is used by UGX Mod to hold all the gun assets... make sure you restore the correct localized_common.ff from the UGX Mod rar.

Yea, I don't know why I think I got confused when you used "localised_common in the video tut when you were showing script placer...

Post Merge: March 08, 2013, 08:10:58 am
    Oh lord, I feel like such an idiot.
    Ifter watching part 6 of the video tutorial again I notice that you were doing the script placer things in the "C:\users\username\local\activision\mods" folder not the mods folder in the root of our cod install...
    DERP

After I fixed this ALL error and issues that I was having were fixed....I feel soooo dumb
    Post by: treminaor on March 08, 2013, 08:19:04 am
    After I fixed this ALL error and issues that I was having were fixed....I feel soooo dumb
    At least it all works now :)
    Post by: nickst98 on March 08, 2013, 08:25:52 am
    missing icon for master key attachment, normal right?
    Post by: flukey.lukey on March 08, 2013, 09:17:18 am
    At least it all works now :)

Just thought I'd let you know that I have added 3 extra weapons to the map :D
    Thanks for all your help
    Post by: trebeltom1 on March 08, 2013, 11:08:30 pm
    hey on dale's dock im experiencing a problem where i get firesale from the boss in arcade, and from then on i can only access the box in firesale, any ideas?
    Post by: treminaor on March 08, 2013, 11:19:16 pm
    hey on dale's dock im experiencing a problem where i get firesale from the boss in arcade, and from then on i can only access the box in firesale, any ideas?
    He probably didn't define one of the boxes as 0 (start box). It's something he needs to recompile the map to fix.
    Post by: ZCTxCHAOSx on March 12, 2013, 05:13:07 am
    A little late with the congrats.  but CONGRATS!!!  You guys really did an amazing job with this.  Will be trying it out in my second map I have going now.  AWESOME JOB THANKS ALL!!
    Post by: treminaor on March 12, 2013, 05:15:58 am
    A little late with the congrats.  but CONGRATS!!!  You guys really did an amazing job with this.  Will be trying it out in my second map I have going now.  AWESOME JOB THANKS ALL!!
    Late or not, it's greatly appreciated. I'm glad you are enjoying it and I look forward to seeing it working in your second map :)
    Post by: ZCTxCHAOSx on March 12, 2013, 05:46:35 am
    Yeah, unfortunately my main map now is pushing all the limits and would just explode if I tried to add all this greatness.  TBH I didnt know this stand alone was out until Spider played Dales Dock the other day or I surely would have used it sooner.
    Post by: treminaor on March 12, 2013, 06:00:43 am
    Yeah, unfortunately my main map now is pushing all the limits and would just explode if I tried to add all this greatness.  TBH I didnt know this stand alone was out until Spider played Dales Dock the other day or I surely would have used it sooner.
    Yeah there's probably 50 or so fx slots left open, plenty of sound slots, and maybe room for 10 or so additional guns when UGX Mod is installed. You can always make your own room by editing the _ignore files for your map as well.
    Post by: flukey.lukey on March 12, 2013, 11:36:25 am
    I found a glitch i think...
    When you play in solo in any game mode, pause (during the game) and look at challenges. As soon as you resume the game the waw main menu theme starts playing. I don't know if you guys were aware but i thought id let you know.
    -Luke
    Post by: treminaor on March 12, 2013, 01:19:08 pm
    I found a glitch i think...
    When you play in solo in any game mode, pause (during the game) and look at challenges. As soon as you resume the game the waw main menu theme starts playing. I don't know if you guys were aware but i thought id let you know.
    -Luke
    I'll look into it today.

Edit: I found the problem. Uploading new version now.
    Title: Re: [Release] UGX Mod Standalone v1.0.3
    Post by: treminaor on March 12, 2013, 07:15:58 pm
    Version 1.0.3 is now uploaded.  You can download it from the link in the first post of this topic.

Changelog:
    - v1.0.3:
    - Fixed a bug where the main menu music would play if you used the in-game Challenges menu. If you are updating your root folder from an earlier version of UGX Mod Standalone, you will need to recompile your UGX Mod mod.ff for the changes to take effect.
    Post by: flukey.lukey on March 12, 2013, 08:07:26 pm
    What will we need to do to apply the update?
    Post by: treminaor on March 12, 2013, 08:19:05 pm
    What will we need to do to apply the update?
    It says in the changelog above your post.
    Post by: flukey.lukey on March 12, 2013, 09:00:15 pm
    Yes, but will i have to replace all the previous files?
    Post by: treminaor on March 12, 2013, 09:02:42 pm
    Yes, but will i have to replace all the previous files?
    No, just challenges.menu.
    Post by: trebeltom1 on March 13, 2013, 06:16:53 pm
    hi when i load my map I get:

Code Snippet
    Plaintext
    ******* script runtime error *******
    assert fail: (file 'maps/_names.gsc', line 7)
    assert( !IsDefined( level.names ) );
    Error: called from:
    (file 'maps/ugx_pap_handle.gsc', line 18)
    maps\_names::setup_names();  // name for AI
    (file 'maps/_loadout.gsc', line 426)
      maps\ugx_pap_handle::init();
    (file 'maps/_loadout.gsc', line 16)
    init_models_and_variables_loadout();
    (file 'maps/_load.gsc', line 321)
    maps\_loadout::init_loadout();
    (file 'maps/_zombiemode.gsc', line 50)
    maps\_load::main();
    (file 'maps/number2.gsc', line 122)
    Error: started from:
    (file 'maps/number2.gsc', line 9)
    main()
    it started after i tried to add fx using this method:
    http://gator175.host...ombie_Adding_FX

any ideas, thanks
    Post by: treminaor on March 13, 2013, 06:37:40 pm
    Undo your fx stuff and follow the Easy-FX method on http://ugx-mods.com/wiki
    Post by: trebeltom1 on March 13, 2013, 07:34:06 pm
    Ah it might not have been that, I have removed all the fx stuff and I'm still getting it..... reinstall???
    Post by: treminaor on March 13, 2013, 08:50:10 pm
    Ah it might not have been that, I have removed all the fx stuff and I'm still getting it..... reinstall???
    No, reinstalling is not usually the best answer. I'll look at it more when I get home.
    Post by: trebeltom1 on March 13, 2013, 08:51:22 pm
    thanks a lot, appreciate it
    Post by: treminaor on March 13, 2013, 11:03:37 pm
    You must have missed undo-ing a step because those errors don't really make sense - it's complaining about a stock file.
    Post by: flukey.lukey on March 15, 2013, 10:29:38 am
    what is the correct procedure of adding custom weapons to a map running ugx?
    I have tried adding them the way I usually do but it doesn't work 100%.
    I can get weapon by using "give weapon_name" in console. BUT when I type "give all" it doesn't give the gun along with the other ugx weapons. I don't think its added right.
    -Luke

*EDIT*
    sorry I fixed it

Post Merge: March 16, 2013, 01:46:43 am
    I dont know if its ment to be like this or not but it seems that players dont rank up for playing solo in classic or arcade. The only way to get xp is to finish a gungame or similar mode. When playing classic or arcade solo when you quit it shows that you have been given no xp.
    Post by: treminaor on March 16, 2013, 03:43:45 am
    I dont know if its ment to be like this or not but it seems that players dont rank up for playing solo in classic or arcade. The only way to get xp is to finish a gungame or similar mode. When playing classic or arcade solo when you quit it shows that you have been given no xp.
    Add me on skype - I will give you a modified ugx_mod.iwd and see if I've fixed it for you. if so, I will release a new update.
    Post by: flukey.lukey on March 17, 2013, 10:24:35 pm
    Add me on skype - I will give you a modified ugx_mod.iwd and see if I've fixed it for you. if so, I will release a new update.

I've added you on skype.
    Post by: Mckay on March 18, 2013, 12:35:53 am
    In the Arcade gamemode, when the boss zombie comes. The map's vision gets changed, and stays changed for the rest of the game.

Post Merge: March 19, 2013, 05:56:02 pm
    Sorry for double post.

In the ugx game modes, where the zombies have the fx tagged on them, in Arcademode, when I used the freezegun/Hellfire, the fx on zombies, after they died, stayed there and didn't delete.
    Post by: flukey.lukey on March 20, 2013, 07:36:13 am
    Hey, just a quick question.
    I know there are prefabs supplied for some wall guns but there is nothing for the others. How do we get the chalk outlines for these guns? Or do we have to make them ourselves?
    Thanks,
    Luke
    Post by: treminaor on March 20, 2013, 04:02:04 pm
    I know there are prefabs supplied for some wall guns but there is nothing for the others. How do we get the chalk outlines for these guns? Or do we have to make them ourselves?
    Thanks,
    Luke
    I only made ones for what was used in Comosea. Any ones which are missing will need to be made.
    Post by: W1NG3D on March 20, 2013, 08:07:01 pm
    Thanks,
    Luke

I never got around to making textures/prefabs for the other weapons, all the textures were hand-made by me and they took quite a bit of time. You could make new textures and prefabs yourself if you wanted to, just take one of the existing prefabs and change the gun name in the KVPs of the trigger, then replace the patch's texture with your own (or maybe even just use the question mark).
    Post by: flukey.lukey on March 20, 2013, 08:15:38 pm
    I never got around to making textures/prefabs for the other weapons, all the textures were hand-made by me and they took quite a bit of time. You could make new textures and prefabs yourself if you wanted to, just take one of the existing prefabs and change the gun name in the KVPs of the trigger, then replace the patch's texture with your own (or maybe even just use the question mark).

Ill probobly spend the time making chalk outlines. When im done i might post them here to save people some time :)
    Post by: Ingram on March 21, 2013, 12:06:19 pm
    Link dont work ?
    Post by: treminaor on March 21, 2013, 04:31:20 pm
    Link dont work ?
    (http://i.imgur.com/0JZ4WJx.png)
    Post by: treminaor on March 23, 2013, 06:31:57 am
    Download link updated to the new server.
    Post by: timelordalex on March 29, 2013, 12:58:18 pm
    No Wunderwaffe or Monkeys in box? I never see or get them or am I just extremely unlucky  :(  the ray guns there to get that wunderwaffe, monkeys, thundergun, winters howl would be beast
    Post by: treminaor on March 29, 2013, 07:41:09 pm
    No Wunderwaffe or Monkeys in box? I never see or get them or am I just extremely unlucky  :(  the ray guns there to get that wunderwaffe, monkeys, thundergun, winters howl would be beast
    Wunderwaffe is replaced with the PaP'd Dragonov, try it ;)

Monkeys are replaced with the PaP'd Crossbow and Semtex grenades.
    Post by: treminaor on March 29, 2013, 07:42:33 pm
    I'm working on an update to the mod that fixes a few bugs that have been reported. Anyone almost ready to release their map should definitely wait for this update :)

I may also update Comosea with this mod update because it fixes some game balance issues.
    Post by: tomikaze on March 29, 2013, 07:51:22 pm
    Hey Treminaor, are you taking out those red notifications at the top that mention certain weapons will be changed in the final version? Since this is more or less the final version those messages just make it feel more incomplete than it really is. Just a thought.
    Post by: treminaor on March 29, 2013, 08:25:40 pm
    Hey Treminaor, are you taking out those red notifications at the top that mention certain weapons will be changed in the final version? Since this is more or less the final version those messages just make it feel more incomplete than it really is. Just a thought.
    Yeah I've been meaning to do that.... thanks for the reminder :)
    Post by: flukey.lukey on March 30, 2013, 03:56:33 am
    Hey,
    Im having a bit of trouble setting up hint strings for my custom weapons. I have them in the mod and they can be bought from the wall, but no hint comes up and the price is 0. Are the hintstrings different in UGX because the normal way doesn't seam to work.
    Post by: timelordalex on March 30, 2013, 12:24:44 pm
    oh i may try that then  :D and i heard somewhere there was the VR-11 or some form of it? am i wrong
    Post by: treminaor on March 30, 2013, 05:19:42 pm
    oh i may try that then  :D and i heard somewhere there was the VR-11 or some form of it? am i wrong
    PaP'd M40A3 turns into the VR-0A3 which turns zombies into fighting soldiers who defend you.
    Post by: flukey.lukey on March 30, 2013, 10:09:18 pm
    Hey,
    Im having a bit of trouble setting up hint strings for my custom weapons. I have them in the mod and they can be bought from the wall, but no hint comes up and the price is 0. Are the hintstrings different in UGX because the normal way doesn't seam to work.

Are the hint-strings set up different in UGX?
    Post by: treminaor on March 30, 2013, 10:56:48 pm
    Are the hint-strings set up different in UGX?
    I don't remember and don't have time to look into it - if you want an immediate answer then explore the _zombiemode_weapons.gsc and other scripts to find out.
    Post by: ZCTxCHAOSx on April 02, 2013, 04:40:25 pm
    Trying to convert Yote's Lair to UGX right now.  I used the ugx script generator and made a new map file name for the map.  So all custom scripts/images are no longer until I transfer them back in.

However I am getting a 2400 Texture Assets Exceeded Warning.

Here is a screen of it:

http://prntscr.com/yvztr (http://prntscr.com/yvztr)

Right now its all just basic Der Reise scripts, I do have the treasure box prefabs in and the turret thing.

I also did the localized and the _ignore correctly.

Not sure if this helps or not but here is my MAP INFO list if anything is pushing it there you think:

http://prntscr.com/yw647 (http://prntscr.com/yw647)

I added you on skype Trem, maybe you have a suggestion or two.
    Post by: treminaor on April 02, 2013, 08:17:28 pm
    I added you on skype Trem, maybe you have a suggestion or two.
    I'll just respond on Skype, it's easier.
    Post by: trebeltom1 on April 07, 2013, 11:25:16 am
    what is the correct procedure of adding custom weapons to a map running ugx?
    I have tried adding them the way I usually do but it doesn't work 100%.
    I can get weapon by using "give weapon_name" in console. BUT when I type "give all" it doesn't give the gun along with the other ugx weapons. I don't think its added right.
    -Luke

*EDIT*
    sorry I fixed it

uh how did you do this? I can't get my gun to appear in game...
    Post by: treminaor on April 09, 2013, 03:14:38 am
    I'm still working on the next update - the newest version will bump the versioning up to v1.1
    Post by: JayPix on April 11, 2013, 01:35:06 am
    I am just wondering if you (The UGX Team.) can make the UGX Standalone Mod much more easy to install and to use? For example: the Modern Weapons Mod, and the ZCT: Modern Weapons Mod, those mods you just put to the mod folder and play it on the maps or map style(s) that it made for like Nacht Der Untoten (Prototype Style), Verruckt (Asylum Style), Shi No Numa (Swamp Style), or Der Riese (Factory Style) like maps. Make it for those (Like myself) who don't want to make there own Zombie Maps to use this mod. I think that it will be awesome thing to do making for Der Riese like maps.
    Post by: treminaor on April 11, 2013, 08:09:28 am
    I am just wondering if you (The UGX Team.) can make the UGX Standalone Mod much more easy to install and to use? For example: the Modern Weapons Mod, and the ZCT: Modern Weapons Mod, those mods you just put to the mod folder and play it on the maps or map style(s) that it made for like Nacht Der Untoten (Prototype Style), Verruckt (Asylum Style), Shi No Numa (Swamp Style), or Der Riese (Factory Style) like maps. Make it for those (Like myself) who don't want to make there own Zombie Maps to use this mod. I think that it will be awesome thing to do making for Der Riese like maps.
    UGX Mod cannot be a drop-in install for two major reasons:
    1) Drop-in mods would not have a working Singleplayer button
    2) Pre-compiled maps do not have enough asset room left for our massive amount of new content (which is why we provide custom CSV files to the map makers)
    Post by: legitimentgamerz on April 11, 2013, 01:07:17 pm
    it will be good if someone does the 4 original maps with the ugx mod i would be like  :gusta:  :nyan:
    Post by: SajeOne on April 11, 2013, 01:08:24 pm
    it will be good if someone does the 4 original maps with the ugx mod i would be like  :gusta:  :nyan:
    Impossible.
    Post by: treminaor on April 14, 2013, 06:15:51 am
    I need one or more testers for UGX Mod Standalone v1.1.  You must have already successfully installed the latest version of UGX Mod Standalone (v1.0.3) to a map and be willing to go though the majority of the items on a tester list provided to you in order to be eligible. Reply here if interested.
    Post by: Zombiejelly on April 14, 2013, 08:09:00 pm
    i have the .map file for nacht der untoten, I wonder if I could install the ugx mod to that map.
    Post by: SpiderBite on April 15, 2013, 06:29:19 pm
    Got some general feedback for you guys on the UGX Mod, and specifically the Gun Game mode. We have finally been able to play it co-op on Dale's Dock, videos can be found on our NGTZombies YT Channel.

1) The first 10 or so rounds are extremely slow, even with timed gameplay. Is there any way to increase difficulty right off the bat?

2) I have thoughts about possibly having all doors opened by default for this game mode?

3) Degradations can be somewhat annoying and MIGHT be a bit too frequent.

4) Dying sets you back a LOT. It's better than starting completely over, but I think it goes a bit too far.

Those are just some thoughts. It took us well over an hour to complete a single game and my thinking is that you would like to see a complete game take anywhere from 10-20 minutes or so. Also, I don't think Achievements were working and it doesn't appear as there is a "memory" of them from game to game, or when you restart Waw?

Anyway, just wanted to give some feedback on the Mod...not critical stuff but may make the game mode a bit more enjoyable for everyone.

Thanks,

Spider
    Post by: SajeOne on April 15, 2013, 11:32:39 pm
    working and it doesn't appear as there is a "memory" of them from game to game, or when you restart Waw?
    In regards to this the rank/challenges save to the players profile for the mod that is currently active. So your achievements on Comosea or any other maps will not be the same for dales dock. Also if you were to switch to a different profile while using the mod your rank would not be saved just like any other game. For number 4 I'm pretty sure mod v1.1 will help with that. Any others will be up to Treminaor.
    Post by: treminaor on April 16, 2013, 01:20:56 am
    Got some general feedback for you guys on the UGX Mod, and specifically the Gun Game mode. We have finally been able to play it co-op on Dale's Dock, videos can be found on our NGTZombies YT Channel.

1) The first 10 or so rounds are extremely slow, even with timed gameplay. Is there any way to increase difficulty right off the bat?
    That's really up to the mapper to control. We can't help if the mapper's spawns are too far away from the start area, or if he has zone issues in his code that prevent the game from functioning at the correct speed. I haven't played Dale's Dock but these are the most common reasons.

2) I have thoughts about possibly having all doors opened by default for this game mode?
    People like to be able to control what areas they play in - for example I know on Comosea a lot of people like to keep all doors closed and see how long they can last in the start area.

3) Degradations can be somewhat annoying and MIGHT be a bit too frequent.
    It's meant to be somewhat annoying - Gungame is a competitive gamemode, which means there should (in my opinion) be ways to set your opponents back so that you can gain the lead. I have reduced the frequency of the Degradation drop in the upcoming UGX Mod v1.1 update.

4) Dying sets you back a LOT. It's better than starting completely over, but I think it goes a bit too far.
    Fixed in upcoming UGX Mod v1.1. The death penalty has been reduced to take away 15% of your current score. (previously 40%)

Those are just some thoughts. It took us well over an hour to complete a single game and my thinking is that you would like to see a complete game take anywhere from 10-20 minutes or so.
    The more people you have in the game, the longer they last. If you want a shorter game, there are time limit options in some of the other game modes (Sharpshooter is one of them).

Also, I don't think Achievements were working and it doesn't appear as there is a "memory" of them from game to game, or when you restart Waw?
    They do work providing the mapper hasn't done anything to break them. I have about 3 UGX Mod test maps that I use privately, and I have a saved rank and challenge history on each of them. Here's an example of one of them: http://i.imm.io/131GG.png (http://i.imm.io/131GG.png)

Anyway, just wanted to give some feedback on the Mod...not critical stuff but may make the game mode a bit more enjoyable for everyone.
    Feedback is always welcome and appreciated. Thank you for taking the time to make that list and I hope I have answered your concerns.
    Post by: offthewall2112 on April 22, 2013, 04:14:53 pm
    Thanks for this mod, I managed to get it working on my map with all of my custom stuff. I can focus more on mapping now instead of porting. Looking forward to the next release, I remember reading about BO perks somewhere. My current BO perks seem to be missing a few things, I'm curious to see what you guys can come up with. Keep up the awesome work!
    Post by: treminaor on April 25, 2013, 04:38:34 am
    [UGX Mod v1.1] NEW GUNS Gravity Bomb and Head Hunter (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PXH811uQXvQ#ws)
    Post by: Mckay on April 25, 2013, 10:40:03 pm
    Nice!
    Post by: Chunkdogg9 on April 27, 2013, 09:32:10 am
    Son 1.1 be out in a couple of weeks?
    Post by: treminaor on April 27, 2013, 05:19:27 pm
    Son 1.1 be out in a couple of weeks?
    Sooner than that I think.
    Post by: Chunkdogg9 on April 28, 2013, 10:17:06 am
    Put a shank as a weapon, now that would be awesome
    Post by: nickst98 on April 30, 2013, 10:55:39 am
    Put a shank as a weapon, now that would be awesome

would be, how bout a prison knife with one hit kills if it hits the head
    Post by: treminaor on May 04, 2013, 07:16:29 am
    Figured I'd drop in with an image of a v1.1 improvement:

Its ALWAYS bugged me that Treyarch is too much of a lazy f**k to make an on version of the Pack-a-Punch machine model to match the rest of their perk machines, so I took the liberty

off: http://i.imgur.com/QNvgHnZ.jpg (http://i.imgur.com/QNvgHnZ.jpg)
    on:
    http://i.imgur.com/KD8guwz.jpg (http://i.imgur.com/KD8guwz.jpg)

The off image is how it used to always look, regardless of power status.
    Post by: Chunkdogg9 on May 04, 2013, 07:23:29 am
    Makes it look so much better
    Post by: KDXDARK on May 04, 2013, 02:37:59 pm
    Figured I'd drop in with an image of a v1.1 improvement:

Its ALWAYS bugged me that Treyarch is too much of a lazy f**k to make an on version of the Pack-a-Punch machine model to match the rest of their perk machines, so I took the liberty

off: http://i.imgur.com/QNvgHnZ.jpg (http://i.imgur.com/QNvgHnZ.jpg)
    on:
    http://i.imgur.com/KD8guwz.jpg (http://i.imgur.com/KD8guwz.jpg)

The off image is how it used to always look, regardless of power status.
    cool :)
    Post by: 90Dboy on May 04, 2013, 07:37:37 pm
    When i saw the upgraded R700, i was amazed. Looks like i got a new favorite gun!  :rainbow:
    Post by: Zombiejelly on May 04, 2013, 10:56:26 pm
    The portal gun would be sweet if there was a way not to be to op, Im not even sure if it would be possible
    Post by: SajeOne on May 05, 2013, 01:48:51 am
    The portal gun would be sweet if there was a way not to be to op, Im not even sure if it would be possible
    Closest thing would be to spawn an fx and then set the players origin from script. Wouldn't be the same as portal. More like portal mod for minecraft :P
    Post by: treminaor on May 05, 2013, 01:51:05 am
    A portal gun invokes a ton of potential out-of-map and game-breaking glitches that can't be prevented universally.
    Post by: MortenMarioGiiK on May 05, 2013, 10:12:15 am
    what if the portal gun only works on the zombies?
    Post by: timelordalex on May 05, 2013, 12:59:22 pm
    looking forward to new mod - is it possible to include fire sale in classic? as it belongs in there in the black ops. And is it possible to have something like the gersch device and/or QED
    Post by: Zombiejelly on May 05, 2013, 01:03:00 pm
    yeah thats kind of what I was thinking maybe just hit the zombies then they teleport to a different section of the map. IDK probably would be alot of work involved in making something like that, just throwing around some suggestions. A new thundergun or WW could be cool also.

Post Merge: May 05, 2013, 01:04:04 pm
    looking forward to new mod - is it possible to include fire sale in classic? as it belongs in there in the black ops. And is it possible to have something like the gersch device and/or QED

Yes gersh is an awesome idea. I would love that or even the dolls from ascension
    Post by: flukey.lukey on May 07, 2013, 09:27:42 am
    Hey Trem,
    How difficult is it going to be to apply this update to an already UGX map?
    I've got my map running the most recent released version but ive modified the UGX scripts a bit to add extra weapons and other fun stuff.

Is this new release going to replace all the old stuff? or only some?
    Post by: Chunkdogg9 on May 08, 2013, 02:21:38 pm
    Hey Trem,
    How difficult is it going to be to apply this update to an already UGX map?
    I've got my map running the most recent released version but ive modified the UGX scripts a bit to add extra weapons and other fun stuff.

Is this new release going to replace all the old stuff? or only some?

I'd like to know that too
    Post by: treminaor on May 08, 2013, 04:02:19 pm
    I'd like to know that too
    It will be drag-and-drop to overwrite your outdated ugx mod files in your root folder.
    Post by: flukey.lukey on May 10, 2013, 11:27:36 am
    Not to rush you guys, but how far are you from release?
    I've been putting off uploading my map till this update and people are asking for it to be released :)
    Post by: 90Dboy on May 10, 2013, 04:03:35 pm
    Man, the QED would've been awesome.
    Post by: treminaor on May 15, 2013, 05:06:11 am
    Alright I've been really busy for the last couple weeks but pretty soon my schedule should free up and I'll be able to get some more progress on v1.1. I'm going to close the community pol on Friday and then sort though the results over the weekend. I'll try to make a video next week discussing the poll results and some of the suggestions that I thought were particularly interesting. I will then release a complete list of features from the poll results that I plan (or will attempt) to add to the mod.
    Post by: offthewall2112 on May 15, 2013, 06:12:59 pm
    sounds good, keep it up man.
    Post by: timelordalex on May 20, 2013, 02:15:41 pm
    Man, the QED would've been awesome.

I know right, so many possibilities
    Post by: DeletedUser on June 25, 2013, 09:32:21 am
    not sure if it's just me, but the download link seems to be down
    Post by: SajeOne on June 25, 2013, 09:34:01 am
    I apologize for the inconvenience It will be addressed ASAP.
    Post by: treminaor on June 25, 2013, 04:29:39 pm
    Apparently the link never got updated, it was still pointing to our old server. Go ahead and try again.
    Post by: DeletedUser on June 26, 2013, 12:18:28 pm
    Apparently the link never got updated, it was still pointing to our old server. Go ahead and try again.
    It's working now, thanks :)
    Title: problem
    Post by: n123q45 on June 26, 2013, 03:45:46 pm
    when i launch my map i cant move and the score board is messed up.(http://i1188.photobucket.com/albums/z415/HalomythFinders/problem.png)
    i thought i installed it wrong so i installed it again and same thing. even when i installed it on a new map. i used http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL5sbPLIIJWDLItz180Q0-H_scW8kQRGBK (http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL5sbPLIIJWDLItz180Q0-H_scW8kQRGBK) to tech me how to install it
    Post by: SajeOne on June 26, 2013, 03:51:29 pm
    Is the menu fucked up too? Did the fonts place properly from the UGX mod installation(not the truefont files). Did you compile the UGX mods .ff correctly? Did you move the files with the project mover correctly? Making sure the renamed file in the program has the .ff extension included in the box. Are you making sure to move the files with the project manager every time you compile?

Also: I would consider adding some reflection probes to your map. :P
    Post by: n123q45 on June 26, 2013, 03:53:53 pm
    Is the menu fucked up too? Did the fonts place properly from the UGX mod installation(not the truefont files). Did you compile the UGX mods .ff correctly? Did you move the files with the project mover correctly? Making sure the renamed file in the program has the .ff extension included in the box. Are you making sure to move the files with the project manager every time you compile?

Also: I would consider adding some reflection probes to your map. :P
    i installed the font that was included with it, the menu does not look fucked up, and i followed the guys instructions word for word
    Post by: SajeOne on June 26, 2013, 03:59:10 pm
    i installed the font that was included with it, the menu does not look fucked up, and i followed the guys instructions word for word
    If the menu is not fucked up then its probably a problem with the actual font afaik. Make sure it is being added in the mod.csv for the ugx-mod. Try compiling that actual mod again, then compile the map and move the files with the project manager. As an example the project manager should also look like this(substitute my mapname for yours):
    (http://i.imgur.com/UYjlx2P.png)
    Make sure that the top one is selected and its your maps mod.ff(IMPORTANT!).Also make sure the name ex mine is: "localized_UGX_MOD_MAP_TEST.ff". make sure yours has the .ff or else it will save as just a file instead of a fastfile(not good).

Farther then that @Treminaor will probably have to assist you.
    Post by: treminaor on June 26, 2013, 04:03:00 pm
    If you can't move then it's because the gamemode selection menu is missing, which means ugx mod's mod.ff is not in your map's folder.

(http://i.imgur.com/gY2EoPy.png)
    Post by: n123q45 on June 26, 2013, 04:03:55 pm
    that doesnt explain why my controls are unbinded
    Post by: treminaor on June 26, 2013, 04:04:37 pm
    that doesnt explain why my controls are unbinded
    Your controls are not unbinded, your controls are locked because the game is waiting for a response from the gamemode menu that is not even showing up.
    Post by: n123q45 on June 26, 2013, 04:26:13 pm
    even the compiling screen is fucked up...
    (http://i1188.photobucket.com/albums/z415/HalomythFinders/problem1.png)
    it still didnt work
    i recorded it so you can c.(its currently uploading)
    this time it gave me another error. if i fix that error it is the same as before.
    this is what my mover thing looks like
    (http://i1188.photobucket.com/albums/z415/HalomythFinders/problem2.png)
    Post by: SajeOne on June 26, 2013, 04:27:17 pm
    even the compiling screen is fucked up...
    That's normal. Go to the folder where the two files are saving to and check if the ugx mods mod.ff is actually there. (should just say mod.ff and have the localized_*MAPNAME*.ff be your regular one).
    Post by: n123q45 on June 26, 2013, 04:29:01 pm
    i doubt its normal to transfer to the game 45%
    Post by: SajeOne on June 26, 2013, 04:30:29 pm
    i doubt its normal to transfer to the game 45%
    The text being on the sp_tool screen is normal, I can assure you. It being on the menu when you launch the map, not so much.
    Post by: n123q45 on June 26, 2013, 04:32:42 pm
    thats waht i said. it was a joke. but yea mod.ff didnt show up though localized_uxg_mod_test.ff does. 75%
    Post by: SajeOne on June 26, 2013, 04:35:06 pm
    thats waht i said. it was a joke. but yea mod.ff didnt show up though localized_uxg_mod_test.ff does. 75%
    Yeah sorry didn't know if it was or not xD(doing three different things at once here :P ). Anyway you can do two things. Check and make sure that the program is running as an admin, try again. You can also manually transfer the mod.ff from the ugx_mod folder to your maps mod folder within appdata/../mods.
    Post by: n123q45 on June 26, 2013, 04:37:00 pm
    ugx_mod_test error (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NJQiZGNA9Gk#ws)
    there was also the other error...
    also the mod.ff disappeared from ugx_mod
    Post by: treminaor on June 26, 2013, 04:47:11 pm
    The animscript error is because either a) you didn't compile your map's patch ff, or b) you haven't installed one of the community modtools fixes.

File #5 here:
    http://ugx-mods.com/wiki/index.php?title=Modtools_Installation_Guide (http://ugx-mods.com/wiki/index.php?title=Modtools_Installation_Guide)
    Post by: n123q45 on June 26, 2013, 05:22:03 pm
    i did what you said (http://i1188.photobucket.com/albums/z415/HalomythFinders/Untitled-3.png)
    Post by: treminaor on June 26, 2013, 05:24:30 pm
    i did what you said (http://i1188.photobucket.com/albums/z415/HalomythFinders/Untitled-3.png)
    You need to compile ugx_mod's mod.ff and use the project manager correctly.
    Post by: n123q45 on June 26, 2013, 05:25:27 pm
    You need to compile ugx_mod's mod.ff and use the project manager correctly.
    please tell me how because clearly im not doing it right
    Post by: treminaor on June 26, 2013, 05:47:52 pm
    please tell me how because clearly im not doing it right
    It's in the video tutorial.
    Post by: DeletedUser on June 26, 2013, 07:55:08 pm
    I get Exceeded limit of 1600 'loaded_sound' assets and I renamed the mapname_ignore.csv to match my map name and I didn't add any custom sounds.
    Post by: treminaor on June 26, 2013, 08:37:53 pm
    I get Exceeded limit of 1600 'loaded_sound' assets and I renamed the mapname_ignore.csv to match my map name and I didn't add any custom sounds.
    Did you recompile your map after creating the ignore file? Are you using our zombiemode.csv and dlc3.csv in /zone_source/ ?
    Post by: treminaor on June 29, 2013, 07:28:33 pm
    I converted the video transcript into a wiki guide for those of you who either hate video tutorials (like me) or just want to find a specific section of the instructions without scrobbling through the video parts. There is a also a troubleshooting guide at the bottom.

http://ugx-mods.com/wiki/index.php?title=UGX_Mod_Standalone_Installation (http://ugx-mods.com/wiki/index.php?title=UGX_Mod_Standalone_Installation)
    Post by: DeletedUser on June 30, 2013, 01:10:25 pm
    I got a problem. I launched my map with UGX installed and game couldn't find ugxm_pap_gun_upgrade image file.
    Reinstalling didn't helped.
    Post by: Fun498 on July 15, 2013, 06:42:46 pm
    Wasn't exactly sure where to post this, so I thought this was the best place. Is there a way to implement a shared save for all maps using the ugx mod so rank/unlocks are seamless between several maps? These features are pretty useless when they only apply to a single map
    Post by: SajeOne on July 15, 2013, 06:46:19 pm
    Wasn't exactly sure where to post this, so I thought this was the best place. Is there a way to implement a shared save for all maps using the ugx mod so rank/unlocks are seamless between several maps? These features are pretty useless when they only apply to a single map
    The way our rank saving works is the rank info is saved to the players profile but only for the individual mod that is being played. It is not possible to do otherwise, and before you bring up realism. Realism uses one mod, as you notice you must add all the maps .ff and iwd files to the one individual realism mod. Issue is the mod must then meet strict requirements and prevents mappers from being able to edit the mod for all maps to function properly and we didn't want to take that path.
    Post by: treminaor on July 15, 2013, 07:04:36 pm
    These features are pretty useless when they only apply to a single map
    Would you rather someone made a boxmap for farming points and then you had everyone running around with a Pimp hat on every single UGX Mod map because they got the achievement once on UGX Easy Ranks v2.0?

The fact that the rank is on a per-map basis keeps the exclusivity of the unlocks in check. If someone has a Pimp Hat on Comosea it's a lot more respectable than what I mentioned above.

This, combined with what Saje said, is exactly why we set it up the way we did :)
    Post by: tomikaze on July 15, 2013, 07:25:55 pm
    WHAT!? Easy Ranks v2.0? Did I miss the announcement for the next official UGX map release? I've been waiting for the sequel to Comosea for so long and now it's almost here, YES!
    Post by: SajeOne on July 15, 2013, 07:28:08 pm
    WHAT!? Easy Ranks v2.0? Did I miss the announcement for the next official UGX map release? I've been waiting for the sequel to Comosea for so long and now it's almost here, YES!
    ballbags decided to help us out with level design, couldn't be doing it without him.  :troll:
    Post by: Fun498 on July 16, 2013, 12:34:46 am
    Thanks for the quick replies, I guess I overlooked people looking to take advantage. A couple possible solutions could be:
    With either of these approaches, an unapproved map would use the current (serperate) progress by default.

And maybe I'm just lazy, but I find some of the challenges require tons of hours. I'd surely love to put the required time into a few different maps, but I rather variety. By the time I unlock most challenges, I'd be done with the map and move on and so never really get to show off/be proud. Nerfing the challenges would definitely take out a lot of the fun, so consistent progress seems like the best solution. I'd be glad to help implement a system if it seems worthwhile
    Post by: treminaor on July 16, 2013, 12:42:12 am
    Thanks for the quick replies, I guess I overlooked people looking to take advantage. A couple possible solutions could be:
    • Share progress between "core" UGX releases (Comosea/Keneipe/etc)
    • Some sort of approval system to use the shared pool in outside maps
    With either of these approaches, an unapproved map would use the current (serperate) progress by default.
    To share stats, the maps have to be in the same mod folder. If you have multiple maps in the same mod folder, their assets all add up to the same limit. This is why there are no heavily customized maps supported by Zombie Realism. It would also require us to manually add maps to the core package, which is more menial labor than we would ever want to commit to. I watched how annoying it was for Rampage to keep the mod updated with new maps and it did not look the least bit enjoyable, as I'm sure most could assume.

And maybe I'm just lazy, but I find some of the challenges require tons of hours.
    It depends on the map, too. Unfortunately we can't make all challenges 100% fair on all maps because we don't have control over the maps.

I'd be glad to help implement a system if it seems worthwhile
    What kind of help are you offering?
    Post by: Fun498 on July 16, 2013, 12:49:47 am
    Ahh, I see. I didn't realize the resource limit. That is quite a roadblock. As for adding all the maps, it wouldn't be that bad if this feature was restricted to "core" and/or "approved" maps.

And I'd be glad to do a bit of scripting/research/testing. I have no promises since I haven't made a full map/mod, but I've played around quite a bit with WaW scripts when I was considering doing so and am pretty familiar with them. I have a quiote extensive knowledge of scripting/programming in general though, so I should be able to adapt.
    Post by: treminaor on July 16, 2013, 12:52:52 am
    And I'd be glad to do a bit of scripting/research/testing. I have no promises since I haven't made a full map/mod, but I've played around quite a bit with WaW scripts when I was considering doing so and am pretty familiar with them. I have a quiote extensive knowledge of scripting/programming in general though, so I should be able to adapt.
    If you're interested in lending a hand, add me on Skype (name on the left) and we'll have a conversation some time :)
    Post by: DeletedUser on July 26, 2013, 06:50:31 pm
    Hi trem. Could the friendly AI (the ones that you put in Radiant) cause limit exceeded error?
    Oh and BTW I gave you some cash for your awesome work!
    Post by: treminaor on July 26, 2013, 09:40:41 pm
    Hi trem. Could the friendly AI (the ones that you put in Radiant) cause limit exceeded error?
    Oh and BTW I gave you some cash for your awesome work!
    Could you provide a picture of what you're referring to so that I can help you more? :)

And thanks for the donation!
    Post by: ocxmwys4mod on October 22, 2013, 02:13:59 am
    Thank you for your work, we will always support you :). Thank you very much ;) :troll:
    Post by: treminaor on October 22, 2013, 02:18:48 am
    Thank you for your work, we will always support you :). Thank you very much ;) :troll:
    Please use a Chinese to English translator for your posts - this is an English-speaking forum :)

I have translated your post for you.
    Post by: RamboBadass on October 24, 2013, 03:04:07 pm
    hey if anyone could check out the 3rd video at 11:55 could you look and see if you have any ideas to why my IWD file list looks nothing like that so you no when you look my IWD file list only has one thing     mov.csv thats is ... not 20 like the video. i would be so damn thankful
    Post by: SajeOne on October 24, 2013, 03:43:10 pm
    hey if anyone could check out the 3rd video at 11:55 could you look and see if you have any ideas to why my IWD file list looks nothing like that so you no when you look my IWD file list only has one thing     mov.csv thats is ... not 20 like the video. i would be so damn thankful
    ignore it. The iwds will already be in your mod. All that matters is the mod fast file you are compiling for the actual functionality of the mod.
    Post by: RamboBadass on October 24, 2013, 03:57:02 pm
    thanks for the reply ill try it and one other thing in game font is wild as hell .... donno why ?
    Post by: SajeOne on October 24, 2013, 04:03:25 pm
    thanks for the reply ill try it and one other thing in game font is wild as hell .... donno why ?
    check the FAQ on the wiki
    Title: Re: [Release] UGX Mod Standalone v1.0.4
    Post by: treminaor on April 01, 2014, 08:06:31 am
    Small patch released. This is mainly for new users of the mod - if your mod installation is already working, you don't need to update.
    - v1.0.4:
    -- Fixed a bug when using the UGX Mod v1.0.3 in combination with the UGX Modtools Patch which causes a missing file error for "ugx_modder_help.gsc".
    Post by: SajeOne on April 01, 2014, 09:11:08 am
    Currently there is a known bug with the mod due to one of the newer script placer updates. If your map was generated before v1.1.3 of the UGX Script Placer then this does not apply to you.

An include within your maps CSV generated by the script placer will cause your map to be over the sound limit for the engine. Until a patch is generated you can fix this by going into "root/zone_source/*MAPNAME*.csv" and changing this line:

Code Snippet
    Plaintext
    sound,character,nazi_zombie_factory,all_sp

To:

Code Snippet
    Plaintext
    //sound,character,nazi_zombie_factory,all_sp

This call includes dog sounds for v1.4 maps, and is not required for use within a UGX-MOD modded map.
    Post by: Gabrielle on June 08, 2014, 11:54:11 am
    When does 1.1 comes out? Can't wait for that one..
    Post by: SajeOne on June 08, 2014, 02:19:50 pm
    When does 1.1 comes out? Can't wait for that one..
    http://ugx-mods.com/forum/index.php?topic=924.0 (http://ugx-mods.com/forum/index.php?topic=924.0)
    Post by: conn6orsuper117 on June 13, 2014, 09:01:27 pm
    you should make a map on the full mod for us non-developers.
    like a sequil to comosea or something   ;)
    Post by: smasher248 on June 14, 2014, 10:20:24 am
    i get a bad token "\" in line 14 of mapname.gsc (its the createart\mapname_art.gsc) how do i fix this
    Post by: treminaor on June 14, 2014, 10:27:42 am
    i get a bad token "\" in line 14 of mapname.gsc (its the createart\mapname_art.gsc) how do i fix this
    Paste Line 13 and 14 into a codebox as a reply.
    Post by: smasher248 on June 14, 2014, 10:30:54 am
    Code Snippet
    Plaintext
    	// Must Change These To Your Maps
    level.DLC3.createArt = maps\createart\11map_art::main;
    level.DLC3.createFX = maps\createfx\11map_fx::main;

thats line 13,14 and 15

Code Snippet
    Plaintext
    main()
    {
    level.DLC3 = spawnStruct(); // Leave This Line Or Else It Breaks Everything

line 9 - 12
    Post by: treminaor on June 14, 2014, 10:57:22 am
    You can't have numbers in your mapname I don't think. "11map" is creating a syntax error.
    Post by: smasher248 on June 14, 2014, 11:14:01 am
    oh thanksi never thought of that i will test but my map asylum v2 is called v2beta officially and i dont have problems with that
    Post by: treminaor on June 14, 2014, 11:31:02 am
    oh thanksi never thought of that i will test but my map asylum v2 is called v2beta officially and i dont have problems with that
    It's the name you give the map fastfile/scripts that causes the number issue, not hte name of the folder. If your fastfile was called v2beta then cod must just have a problem with numbers at the beginning of the filename.
    Post by: smasher248 on June 14, 2014, 12:18:32 pm
    you're right it worked thanks (great mod)