Respect
Forum Rank
Rotting Walker
Primary Group
My Contact & Social Links
More
Conbini2017's Groups
Conbini2017's Contact & Social Linksdadakhrconbini2017
I want to make it so that it can not be heard by sounding a radio and going far away. :)
This topic contains a post which is marked as the Best Answer. Click here to view it.
broken avatar :(
Date Registered: 10 July 2016
Last active: 12 months ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Pack-a-Puncher
Primary Group
Donator ♥
My Groups
More
Signature
Let he who has not sinned cast the first stone.
Archaicvirus's Groups
Donator ♥ Benevolent Soul who has our eternal gratitude and exclusive access to betas and the donator section of the forum.
Archaicvirus's Contact & Social Links
If what your're looking for is falloff distance, that is set up in the csv file that the sound you are playing is located in. You will need to make this a 3D sound and set the distances up. If I were you I would read "sound_mod_docs" in your bo3root/docs_modtools folder. It explains setting up aliases. Basically a "sound file" within the cod engine is sort of an array of variables in which the engine processes and modifes the way the sound is played based on the criteria that you declare in the csv file. So essentially, the game will never just play a raw wav file without adjusting the properties of the sound based on the csv, for the most part.

But first before you get into that headache, what function exactly are you using to play the radios? Generally if you want a 3d sound to have falloff distance, default sounds probably have this set up in the csv already, so if you are doing:
Code Snippet
Plaintext
player PlaySound("radio_sound");    //This function plays the sound TO the player, not in 3d space. So it is at full volume always, at least as I have observed before.

//You want to do :
PlaySoundAtPosition("radio_sound", (x,y,z));  //While this function plays the sound in 3d space, so the volume will scale according to the distance the player is from the origin of the sound.
//or
PlaySoundAtPosition("radio_sound", entity.origin);

Hope that helps you.

*Keep in mind some of the sounds you might be using could possibly be set up as 2D sounds and not 3D, so you probably won't hear them in game if you are doing PlaySoundAtPosition() in some cases. Also, be careful when editing the sound aliases, because if you put erroneous data into any of the fields, this will fuck up the sound and it will either not play at all, or just sound undesirable. That is why I recommend reading that document I pointed out earlier. I went through this hassle before setting up sounds, and as long as you have patience and a bit of time it's not really that hard you will find. says yoda
Date Registered: 25 June 2013
Last active: 8 months ago
Respect
1,024Add +1
Forum Rank
Eviscerator
Primary Group
UGX V.I.P.
My Groups
More
More
HitmanVere's Groups
Donator ♥ Benevolent Soul who has our eternal gratitude and exclusive access to betas and the donator section of the forum.
UGX V.I.P.
UGX V.I.P.
Community Mapper Has released one or more maps to the UGX-Mods community which have been added to the UGX Map Manager.
BO3 Modtools Alpha
BO3 Modtools Alpha
This user has access to the Black Ops 3 Modtools Alpha
If what your're looking for is falloff distance, that is set up in the csv file that the sound you are playing is located in. You will need to make this a 3D sound and set the distances up. If I were you I would read "sound_mod_docs" in your bo3root/docs_modtools folder. It explains setting up aliases. Basically a "sound file" within the cod engine is sort of an array of variables in which the engine processes and modifes the way the sound is played based on the criteria that you declare in the csv file. So essentially, the game will never just play a raw wav file without adjusting the properties of the sound based on the csv, for the most part.

But first before you get into that headache, what function exactly are you using to play the radios? Generally if you want a 3d sound to have falloff distance, default sounds probably have this set up in the csv already, so if you are doing:
Code Snippet
Plaintext
player PlaySound("radio_sound");    //This function plays the sound TO the player, not in 3d space. So it is at full volume always, at least as I have observed before.

//You want to do :
PlaySoundAtPosition("radio_sound", (x,y,z));  //While this function plays the sound in 3d space, so the volume will scale according to the distance the player is from the origin of the sound.
//or

Hope that helps you.

*Keep in mind some of the sounds you might be using could possibly be set up as 2D sounds and not 3D, so you probably won't hear them in game if you are doing PlaySoundAtPosition() in some cases. Also, be careful when editing the sound aliases, because if you put erroneous data into any of the fields, this will fuck up the sound and it will either not play at all, or just sound undesirable. That is why I recommend reading that document I pointed out earlier. I went through this hassle before setting up sounds, and as long as you have patience and a bit of time it's not really that hard you will find. says yoda

playSound plays at the location it is threaded on, so you are playing sound on player's location rather than to that player. If you want to play sound to a player only (2D), you do player playLocalSound("");
Date Registered: 26 June 2016
Last active: 2 years ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Rotting Walker
Primary Group
More
Conbini2017's Groups

Code Snippet
Plaintext

//You want to do :
//or

Hope that helps you.

Thank you for your reply. :)
Is targetname etc. necessary?
I did this way, but have anything changed?
Code Snippet
Plaintext
function radio_sound()
{
//You want to do :
PlaySoundAtPosition("radio_sound", (20,20,20));  //While this function plays the sound in 3d space, so the volume will scale according to the distance the player is from the origin of the sound.
//or
}
Marked as best answer by Conbini2017 7 years ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Pack-a-Puncher
Primary Group
Donator ♥
My Groups
More
Archaicvirus's Groups
playSound plays at the location it is threaded on, so you are playing sound on player's location rather than to that player. If you want to play sound to a player only (2D), you do player playLocalSound("");

Thanks for the clarification.

Thank you for your reply. :)
Is targetname etc. necessary?
I did this way, but have anything changed?
Code: [Select]
function radio_sound()
{
   //You want to do :
   PlaySoundAtPosition("radio_sound", (20,20,20));  //While this function plays the sound in 3d space, so the volume will scale according to the distance the player is from the origin of the sound.
   //or
}

I don't understand what you mean about the targetname, but I think what you need to do is something like this
Code Snippet
Plaintext
//First give all the radio triggers the same targetname 'radio', but a unique script_sound - 'name_of_sound' kvp 

function radio_sounds(){
radios = GetEntArray("radio", "targetname");
foreach(radio in radios){
radio thread wait_for_trig();
}
}

function wait_for_trig(){
self waittill("trigger");
PlaySoundAtPosition(self.script_sound, self.origin);
}
Date Registered: 17 December 2013
Last active: 1 year ago
Respect
1,404Add +1
Forum Rank
Zombie Colossus
Primary Group
Community Scripter Elite
My Groups
More
More
Personal Quote
It aint much, if it aint Dutch
Signature
BluntStuffy's Groups
Community Scripter Elite Has shown excellence and experience in the area of custom scripting in the UGX-Mods community.
Oil Rig Beta Access
Oil Rig Beta Access
BluntStuffy's Contact & Social LinksBluntstuffy@BluntZombieBluntStuffyStuffyZombie
I don't understand what you mean about the targetname, but I think what you need to do is something like this

I think what he means is if he can just enter x,y,z-coordinates in the script, instead of getting the ent's origin.
In wich case the answer is yes.
Date Registered: 26 June 2016
Last active: 2 years ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Rotting Walker
Primary Group
More
Conbini2017's Groups
Thanks for the clarification.

Code Snippet
Plaintext
//First give all the radio triggers the same targetname 'radio', but a unique script_sound - 'name_of_sound' kvp 

function radio_sounds(){
radios = GetEntArray("radio", "targetname");
foreach(radio in radios){
radio thread wait_for_trig();
}
}

function wait_for_trig(){
self waittill("trigger");
PlaySoundAtPosition(self.script_sound, self.origin);
}
Thank you! :D
Respect
Forum Rank
Pack-a-Puncher
Primary Group
Donator ♥
My Groups
More
Archaicvirus's Groups
No problem man. Thanks to the vets also for more information on this subject

Loading ...