Mr. Elemental
Primary Group
Community Mapper Elite
My Groups
More
My Contact & Social Links
More
GrantDaddy007's Groups
Donator ♥ Benevolent Soul who has our eternal gratitude and exclusive access to betas and the donator section of the forum.
Community Mapper Elite Has shown excellence and experience in the area of custom mapping in the UGX-Mods community.
GrantDaddy007's Contact & Social LinksGrantDaddyGrantdaddy007
So here with another question. I have everything going good and map compiled. But then I go and hit my trigger my rocket dosent move. but yet my corresponding door opens a little after 9like it should).. Why no rocket launch??  At first I made a rocket and made it a prefab by saving it as a .map (no luck) I then made all my brushes script_brushmodels (no luck). do I need a actual script_model for it to work?? In the tut video you state it must be a script_model but I cant seem to make it one just a script_brushmodel? Any help would be great!

It's not moving because your script brushmodels are not "one".

What you need to do is design your rocket with regular brushes(not script). AFTER you have you rocket designed with regular brushmodels... select all the brushes and with all of them selected make them a script brushmodel.(while they are selected give them the same targetname)

This should fix your problem.

broken avatar :(
  • n123q45
  • Deleted Member
n123q45
This user is deleted :(
i have whole rooms moving and i did them one at a time
Date Registered: 19 June 2013
Last active: 7 years ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Mr. Elemental
Primary Group
Community Mapper Elite
My Groups
More
More
GrantDaddy007's Groups
Donator ♥ Benevolent Soul who has our eternal gratitude and exclusive access to betas and the donator section of the forum.
Community Mapper Elite Has shown excellence and experience in the area of custom mapping in the UGX-Mods community.
i have whole rooms moving and i did them one at a time
Do they all have the same targetname?
  • n123q45
  • Deleted Member
n123q45
ya
Date Registered: 1 June 2013
Last active: 11 months ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Perk Hacker
Primary Group
Donator ♥
My Groups
More
More
Personal Quote
Zombies?
Signature
http://www.speedtest.net/result/3950067582.png

WaW - Nazi_zombie_candyland/Nazi_zombie_ascension2.0  90%-95% (Not completed)
WaW - Nazi_zombie_meth/Nazi_zombie_lamanai  100% (complete)
WaW - Nazi_zombie_killswitch 100% (complete)
WaW - Nazi_zombie_pax 100%  (complete + UGX 1.1 edition)
BO3 - zm_epping_woods 80%
iBarnett's Groups
iBarnett's Contact & Social LinksiBarnettiBarnettiBarnettCorey Barnett
It's not moving because your script brushmodels are not "one".

What you need to do is design your rocket with regular brushes(not script). AFTER you have you rocket designed with regular brushmodels... select all the brushes and with all of them selected make them a script brushmodel.(while they are selected give them the same targetname)

This should fix your problem.
I have tried both ways now. And radiant won't let me select all my brushes and make then a script_brushmodel. Why I don't know it just says error can't create the entity. I don't know if it's because I have cylinders which r capped or what the deal is but getting quite frustrated with this now. Baahhh things never work out for me. Cuz right now I have 16 brushes making my rocket all that r all script_brushmodels all with the same targetname - rocket. But no moving!! Yet my corresponding door moves just fine after. Frustrating!!
Former UGX Lead Asset Creator
Date Registered: 17 August 2012
Last active: 5 years ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Zombie Destroyer
Primary Group
UGX V.I.P.
My Groups
More
More
Personal Quote
Eh?
Signature

(Click to enter portfolio)
SajeOne's Groups
UGX V.I.P.
UGX V.I.P.
I don't know if this is what you are using but from the code I saw on the previous page it wouldn't work if you have multiple brushmodels. To move multiple you would need to use getEntArray to get all of them and then use a for loop to move them all at once.

To get the script to work your best bet would be to get a rocket model(one entity), unless the creator wants to fix the problem.

EDIT: Huh, never mind. I didn't know creating script_brushmodels as groups made script treat them like one entity.
Last Edit: March 08, 2014, 04:40:12 am by SajeOne
  • n123q45
  • Deleted Member
n123q45
it seems i have an issue then. i move whole rooms with one kvp and that script so i think my mod tools are messed up
Date Registered: 8 January 2014
Last active: 6 years ago
Respect
Forum Rank
The Decider
Primary Group
Community Mapper
My Groups
More
More
Personal Quote
Embers are the new lens flares
chromastone10's Groups
Community Mapper Has released one or more maps to the UGX-Mods community which have been added to the UGX Map Manager.
chromastone10's Contact & Social Linkschromastone10chromastone1chromastone10
is there any way to use the script to make a model go in a curve and not just straight lines? Or more specifically, make the script like the tranzit bus?
Date Registered: 6 August 2012
Last active: 4 years ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Mr. Elemental
Primary Group
Community Scripter Elite
My Groups
More
YaPh1l's Groups
Community Scripter Elite Has shown excellence and experience in the area of custom scripting in the UGX-Mods community.
YaPh1l's Contact & Social Links
@iBarnett
Well, if the are individual script_brushmodels, and you just can't make them one, have you tried using GetEntArray() as SajeOne said?
@chromastone10
Not without the need to use the vehicle functionality.

- Phil.
Respect
Forum Rank
Mr. Elemental
Primary Group
Community Mapper Elite
My Groups
More
More
GrantDaddy007's Groups
I have tried both ways now. And radiant won't let me select all my brushes and make then a script_brushmodel. Why I don't know it just says error can't create the entity. I don't know if it's because I have cylinders which r capped or what the deal is but getting quite frustrated with this now. Baahhh things never work out for me. Cuz right now I have 16 brushes making my rocket all that r all script_brushmodels all with the same targetname - rocket. But no moving!! Yet my corresponding door moves just fine after. Frustrating!!
Made a video for you...

I went back after the video and capped the cylinders and it still worked fine. Hope this helps bro!
http://youtu.be/m5MwxZj6-PE
Last Edit: March 08, 2014, 02:23:43 pm by GrantDaddy007
Respect
Forum Rank
Perk Hacker
Primary Group
Donator ♥
My Groups
More
More
Personal Quote
Zombies?
iBarnett's Groups
Made a video for you...

I went back after the video and capped the cylinders and it still worked fine. Hope this helps bro!
http://youtu.be/m5MwxZj6-PE
So that is what I have tried many times now!! why is it letting you make all your brushes into script_brushmodels... I noticed you said that your brushes were brushmodels... how to you change it from a normal brush to a brushmodel??? never saw you do it in the vid. looks like you just made just normal brushes. after I create my brushes and select all I noticed that it says func_group (this is after I cap my cylinders) and after it says func_group I can not make it into a script_brushmodel. how did you cap your rocket without getting the func_group

Respect
Forum Rank
Mr. Elemental
Primary Group
Community Mapper Elite
My Groups
More
More
GrantDaddy007's Groups
So that is what I have tried many times now!! why is it letting you make all your brushes into script_brushmodels... I noticed you said that your brushes were brushmodels... how to you change it from a normal brush to a brushmodel??? never saw you do it in the vid. looks like you just made just normal brushes. after I create my brushes and select all I noticed that it says func_group (this is after I cap my cylinders) and after it says func_group I can not make it into a script_brushmodel. how did you cap your rocket without getting the func_group

(Image removed from quote.)
just figured out your problem. BEFORE you cap go through and make your brushes just like I did. Then AFTER you convert them over to script brushmodels THEN cap (shift C).

When I capped before I converted everything to script brush it gave me the same error you got. So Cap everything AFTER you convert it over to script brush.
Respect
Forum Rank
Perk Hacker
Primary Group
Donator ♥
My Groups
More
More
Personal Quote
Zombies?
iBarnett's Groups
just figured out your problem. BEFORE you cap go through and make your brushes just like I did. Then AFTER you convert them over to script brushmodels THEN cap (shift C).

When I capped before I converted everything to script brush it gave me the same error you got. So Cap everything AFTER you convert it over to script brush.
Thanks so much for figuring out my problems!! I'll  try this out a little later on ( kids have toon time right now) thanks again man really appreciate it! Let you know when I give it a try.

Post Merge: March 08, 2014, 08:07:03 pm
Thanks so much for figuring out my problems!! I'll  try this out a little later on ( kids have toon time right now) thanks again man really appreciate it! Let you know when I give it a try.
Well I went ahead and tried that out but now I think I have messed my whole map up somehow. thinking somehow I erased something from a script. Because now my map wont launch it gets right to the end of the load bar then crashes my waw game completely. I have tried multi things but no luck. So proabaly no more questions for this topic cuz I'm so frustrated its probably the end of this map. thanks for all your help though. Im sure it would have worked but cant test it. Thanks again though for answering all my questions.
Last Edit: March 08, 2014, 08:07:03 pm by iBarnett
Respect
Forum Rank
Mr. Elemental
Primary Group
Community Mapper Elite
My Groups
More
More
GrantDaddy007's Groups

Post Merge: March 08, 2014, 08:07:03 pm
Well I went ahead and tried that out but now I think I have messed my whole map up somehow. thinking somehow I erased something from a script. Because now my map wont launch it gets right to the end of the load bar then crashes my waw game completely. I have tried multi things but no luck. So proabaly no more questions for this topic cuz I'm so frustrated its probably the end of this map. thanks for all your help though. Im sure it would have worked but cant test it. Thanks again though for answering all my questions.
No prob man. Don't give up!  Always backup your map! ;)
  • n123q45
  • Deleted Member
n123q45
No prob man. Don't give up!  Always backup your map! ;)
yes do that. you would be suprised how many times that saved me from stopping doing tranzit

Loading ...