Pack-a-Puncher
Primary Group
Donator ♥
My Groups
More
My Contact & Social Links
More
BuIlDaLiBlE's Groups
Donator ♥ Benevolent Soul who has our eternal gratitude and exclusive access to betas and the donator section of the forum.
Ok, I know this is a super noobish question but I've tried for hours to fix this and I just dunno what's wrong. Basically zombies are spawning and breaking the barrier but then they just stop there and try to hit me from distance (lol). I'm not a complete noob so thing like forgetting to connect paths or wrong KVPs do not apply. What may be wrong is entities themselves (pathnodes near the barrier, AI clip even maybe - I still dunno why does it need to be there). Any thoughts?
broken avatar :(
Date Registered: 14 September 2013
Last active: 4 years ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Zombie Destroyer
Primary Group
Community Scripter
My Groups
More
More
Personal Quote
BE ORIGINAL
Signature
MakeCents's Groups
Community Mapper Has released one or more maps to the UGX-Mods community which have been added to the UGX Map Manager.
Community Scripter Has shown effort and knowledge in the area of scripting while being a part of the UGX-Mods community.
BO3 Modtools Alpha
BO3 Modtools Alpha
This user has access to the Black Ops 3 Modtools Alpha
Ok, I know this is a super noobish question but I've tried for hours to fix this and I just dunno what's wrong. Basically zombies are spawning and breaking the barrier but then they just stop there and try to hit me from distance (lol). I'm not a complete noob so thing like forgetting to connect paths or wrong KVPs do not apply. What may be wrong is entities themselves (pathnodes near the barrier, AI clip even maybe - I still dunno why does it need to be there). Any thoughts?

Picture would help, but make sure:
 - there isn't more than one clip
 - The traverse has room width wise and is not inside the brushes (on the sides)
 - The travers is a click above the brush it has to go over
 - The pathnodes are not inside other nodes and being ignored
 - You yourself are standing in an area that shows paths connected to from the window
Last Edit: August 31, 2016, 06:48:56 pm by MakeCents
Date Registered: 30 July 2013
Last active: 2 months ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Pack-a-Puncher
Primary Group
Donator ♥
My Groups
More
More
BuIlDaLiBlE's Groups
Donator ♥ Benevolent Soul who has our eternal gratitude and exclusive access to betas and the donator section of the forum.
Picture would help, but make sure:
 - there isn't more than one clip
 - The traverse has room width wise and is not inside the brushes (on the sides)
 - The travers is a click above the brush it has to go over
 - The pathnodes are not inside other nodes and being ignored
 - You yourself are standing in an area that shows paths connected to from the window
Really I just made two prefabs (traverse and boards) into one and it's fixed now... WTF?
Respect
Forum Rank
Zombie Destroyer
Primary Group
Community Scripter
My Groups
More
More
Personal Quote
BE ORIGINAL
MakeCents's Groups
Community Mapper Has released one or more maps to the UGX-Mods community which have been added to the UGX Map Manager.
Community Scripter Has shown effort and knowledge in the area of scripting while being a part of the UGX-Mods community.
BO3 Modtools Alpha
BO3 Modtools Alpha
Really I just made two prefabs (traverse and boards) into one and it's fixed now... WTF?

Magic
Respect
Forum Rank
Pack-a-Puncher
Primary Group
Donator ♥
My Groups
More
More
BuIlDaLiBlE's Groups
Magic
Really.
I don't want to make a new topic so I might ask another question that is not related to the topic but whatever lol. Here goes: you know how ConnectPaths() and DisconnectPaths() functions work? Required stuff for an elevator :P
Respect
Forum Rank
Zombie Destroyer
Primary Group
Community Scripter
My Groups
More
More
Personal Quote
BE ORIGINAL
MakeCents's Groups
BO3 Modtools Alpha
BO3 Modtools Alpha
Really.
I don't want to make a new topic so I might ask another question that is not related to the topic but whatever lol. Here goes: you know how ConnectPaths() and DisconnectPaths() functions work? Required stuff for an elevator :P

Those are called on script_brushmodels that have dynamicpath selected. Elevators get tricky though because its in mid air, and nothing for the zombies to stand on and path.

edit: There are types of clips, I think it is, that zombies will path on, I forget what they are though, soy yo knows, I think he answered somewhere in the forum about it.
Last Edit: August 31, 2016, 08:30:09 pm by MakeCents
Respect
Forum Rank
Pack-a-Puncher
Primary Group
Donator ♥
My Groups
More
More
BuIlDaLiBlE's Groups
Those are called on script_brushmodels that have dynamicpath selected. Elevators get tricky though because its in mid air, and nothing for the zombies to stand on and path.

edit: There are types of clips, I think it is, that zombies will path on, I forget what they are though, soy yo knows, I think he answered somewhere in the forum about it.
Lol I figured that DYNAMIC_PATH thingy just a few minutes ago. With ai_showpaths 2 I can see that zombies are trying to go to me but they still hang in place a lot (but it was so much worse without DYNAMIC_PATH). Do I even need pathnodes inside these script_brushmodels (elevator itself)?
Respect
Forum Rank
Zombie Destroyer
Primary Group
Community Scripter
My Groups
More
More
Personal Quote
BE ORIGINAL
MakeCents's Groups
BO3 Modtools Alpha
BO3 Modtools Alpha
Lol I figured that DYNAMIC_PATH thingy just a few minutes ago. With ai_showpaths 2 I can see that zombies are trying to go to me but they still hang in place a lot (but it was so much worse without DYNAMIC_PATH). Do I even need pathnodes inside these script_brushmodels (elevator itself)?

I made an elevator where the zombies went up with you, but they stood still on the ride and you could just kill them. When I gave it to someone, they could not get the zombies to follow them in the elevator at all. We never figured out why.

One thing that helps I think is to have a real floor under the elevator, structural. Call connect paths on the doors, if they are not models, or clips if they are models.
Last Edit: August 31, 2016, 08:46:05 pm by MakeCents
Respect
Forum Rank
Pack-a-Puncher
Primary Group
Donator ♥
My Groups
More
More
BuIlDaLiBlE's Groups
I made an elevator where the zombies went up with you, but they stood still on the ride and you could just kill them. When I gave it to someone, they could not get the zombies to follow them in the elevator at all. We never figured out why.

One thing that helps I think is to have a real floor under the elevator, structural. Call connect paths on the doors, if they are not models, or clips if they are models.
Yea I've seen that "real floor" in the "Five" map with noclip :P Interesting stuff.
This is how it looks on my map and yes this is Black Ops, not WaW :D:
Spoiler: click to open...

Loading ...