Date Registered: 8 March 2015
Last active: 6 years ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Legless Crawler
Primary Group
Bananukes's Groups
Bananukes's Contact & Social Links
Does anyone know any good Youtube channel or website where I can learn to script? I really want to get into making mods and stuff like that.
This topic contains a post which is marked as the Best Answer. Click here to view it.
broken avatar :(
☭ Soviet Commander ☭
Date Registered: 13 August 2012
Last active: 8 years ago
Respect
Forum Rank
King of the Zombies
Primary Group
Community Daedra
My Groups
More
My Contact & Social Links
More
Signature
Let's keep this thread on topic from here on in. -DBZ

+1 to off-topic reply -DBZ

lmao. Too funny.

Goliath Script Placer: http://ugx-mods.com/forum/index.php/topic,11234.msg125257/topicseen.html#new

"...Christ, people. Learn C, instead of just stringing random characters
together until it compiles (with warnings)..."

-Linus Torvalds
daedra descent's Groups
Community Daedra
Community Daedra
daedra descent's Contact & Social LinksBlueSoviet
Unfortunately there isn't any complete tutorials or documentations out there. Most people learn by reading Treyarch's scripts and piecing bit of code until the compiler accepts it. If you have any experience with other actual programming languages though you shouldn't have a hard time learning it.
Date Registered: 1 January 2014
Last active: 1 year ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Rotting Walker
Primary Group
More
Personal Quote
Beginner Scripter && A7X Deathbat
idogftw's Groups
idogftw's Contact & Social LinksIdogftw00
Yes, look at 3arc code and piece together, if you wanna know useful functions or any at all http://ugx-mods.com/script/ also, start simple with I don't know look at how to make something move from one place to another, which is really simple also here, https://confluence.ugx-mods.com/display/UGXMODS/Script this has a couple things to help like a guide and helpful functions.
☭ Soviet Commander ☭
Date Registered: 13 August 2012
Last active: 8 years ago
Respect
Forum Rank
King of the Zombies
Primary Group
Community Daedra
My Groups
More
More
daedra descent's Groups
Community Daedra
Community Daedra
daedra descent's Contact & Social LinksBlueSoviet
Yes, look at 3arc code and piece together, if you wanna know useful functions or any at all http://ugx-mods.com/script/ also, start simple with I don't know look at how to make something move from one place to another, which is really simple also here, https://confluence.ugx-mods.com/display/UGXMODS/Script this has a couple things to help like a guide and helpful functions.

The UGX scripting tutorial isn't very accurate nor easy to read or understand. For example:

Variables store info.

While this is true for primitive data types(such as an integers, booleans, etc), objects are referenced. The difference is that instead of simply holding a value, the variable instead holds an object that has properties associated with it, can be referenced by other functions, and can be deleted at any time.

If you wish to access one variable from multiple functions, there are two approaches. You have to either pass that variable into the function, or you have to declare that variable as 'global'. The CoD syntax for a global variable is to store said variable inside the 'level' variable using the dot operator.

Dot Operator: A variable within a variable (inception!).

You aren't actually declaring as a global, just associating the value to the global object as a property.

This only applies to objects You CANNOT give a primitive value properties.

etc.
Last Edit: April 25, 2016, 05:38:50 am by daedra descent
Marked as best answer by Bananukes 8 years ago
Date Registered: 14 September 2013
Last active: 4 years ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Zombie Destroyer
Primary Group
Community Scripter
My Groups
More
More
Personal Quote
BE ORIGINAL
Signature
MakeCents's Groups
Community Mapper Has released one or more maps to the UGX-Mods community which have been added to the UGX Map Manager.
Community Scripter Has shown effort and knowledge in the area of scripting while being a part of the UGX-Mods community.
BO3 Modtools Alpha
BO3 Modtools Alpha
This user has access to the Black Ops 3 Modtools Alpha
Does anyone know any good Youtube channel or website where I can learn to script? I really want to get into making mods and stuff like that.

CodScript is like many other object oriented languages. Here are a few places to learn more for free. I prefer python myself, but to each their own. Learning a higher level language first may give you a different view than those that learn something like C first, btw, but it never hurts to look at something from a different view, in my opinion.

Codecademy
Udacity
edX
Coursera

I also added this for beginners. Scripting Basics
And there is this site CodScript
Last Edit: April 25, 2016, 12:11:13 pm by MakeCents

Loading ...