Mr. Elemental
Primary Group
Personal Quote
Mapper
Signature
Maker of Contrivance
Psych's Groups
Psych's Contact & Social Links
So I decided to create a school project using radiant for my digital imaging class for college. The idea behind this project is that it will be an illusion staircase (like seen with MC Escher) map that doubles as an art gallery for everyone's artwork made throughout the class. I don't know if what I am asking about is even possible given the game engine's restrictions, but would I be able to unbind the look axis' in game so i could turn the camera off the X axis? I need to do this in order to seamlessly follow the staircases that branch off in different directions and angles. If this sounds confusing here is some pictures of the map which may help someone understand what I am saying a little better;

Thanks ahead of time and sorry if I sound like a mad man  ;)
This topic contains a post which is marked as the Best Answer. Click here to view it.
broken avatar :(
Date Registered: 17 January 2014
Last active: 4 years ago
Respect
1,004Add +1
Forum Rank
Immortal
Primary Group
Community Scripter
My Groups
More
My Contact & Social Links
More
Signature
If you want scripts / features made for you, then contact me by PM or email / skype etc
it will cost you tho so if you have no intention of reciprocating don't even waste my time ;)
Harry Bo21's Groups
Donator ♥ Benevolent Soul who has our eternal gratitude and exclusive access to betas and the donator section of the forum.
Community Scripter Has shown effort and knowledge in the area of scripting while being a part of the UGX-Mods community.
Harry Bo21's Contact & Social Links[email protected]HarryBo21HarryBo000
So I decided to create a school project using radiant for my digital imaging class for college. The idea behind this project is that it will be an illusion staircase (like seen with MC Escher) map that doubles as an art gallery for everyone's artwork made throughout the class. I don't know if what I am asking about is even possible given the game engine's restrictions, but would I be able to unbind the look axis' in game so i could turn the camera off the X axis? I need to do this in order to seamlessly follow the staircases that branch off in different directions and angles. If this sounds confusing here is some pictures of the map which may help someone understand what I am saying a little better;

(Image removed from quote.)

Thanks ahead of time and sorry if I sound like a mad man  ;)

im guessing whatyou want is similar to what stuff did for oil rigs ending with the helocopter
  • Exofile
  • Deleted Member
Exofile
This user is deleted :(
This looks dapper, nice to see you using Radiant for schoolwork.  ;)
Date Registered: 19 August 2012
Last active: 2 years ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Mr. Elemental
Primary Group
Personal Quote
Mapper
Psych's Groups
im guessing whatyou want is similar to what stuff did for oil rigs ending with the helocopter

I just watched it and YES something like that. Do you think I could script a cutscene to go throught the layout of the map how I want it? PS I am very very very bad at scripting  :(

Double Post Merge: December 03, 2015, 09:49:29 pm
This looks dapper, nice to see you using Radiant for schoolwork.  ;)

Thanks haha figured why not  :D
Last Edit: December 03, 2015, 09:49:29 pm by Psych
Marked as best answer by Psych 8 years ago
Date Registered: 17 December 2013
Last active: 1 year ago
Respect
1,404Add +1
Forum Rank
Zombie Colossus
Primary Group
Community Scripter Elite
My Groups
More
My Contact & Social Links
More
Personal Quote
It aint much, if it aint Dutch
Signature
BluntStuffy's Groups
Donator ♥ Benevolent Soul who has our eternal gratitude and exclusive access to betas and the donator section of the forum.
Community Scripter Elite Has shown excellence and experience in the area of custom scripting in the UGX-Mods community.
Oil Rig Beta Access
Oil Rig Beta Access
BluntStuffy's Contact & Social LinksBluntstuffy@BluntZombieBluntStuffyStuffyZombie
Maybe you can use bams zipline, and make a big 'zipline' through the map?
It's pretty similair to what i did in Oil Rig, link the players to an _origin and make it follow a 'path' of _structs..
Date Registered: 19 August 2012
Last active: 2 years ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Mr. Elemental
Primary Group
Personal Quote
Mapper
Psych's Groups
Maybe you can use bams zipline, and make a big 'zipline' through the map?
It's pretty similair to what i did in Oil Rig, link the players to an _origin and make it follow a 'path' of _structs..

Thats a great idea I never would have though of that! Thanks man I will look into it +1 :D
Last Edit: December 03, 2015, 10:38:59 pm by Psych

Loading ...