Perk Hacker
Primary Group
Donator ♥
My Groups
More
My Contact & Social Links
More
Personal Quote
I make maps for fun, they are mostly crap.
Signature
Maps:
Unterwegs
Hello Kitty Remastered
Firing Range
oshawat750's Groups
Donator ♥ Benevolent Soul who has our eternal gratitude and exclusive access to betas and the donator section of the forum.
oshawat750's Contact & Social LinksOshawat750OshaPooOshawat750
So, I am trying to do a map WITHOUT t4m. I try to launch my map, it has nothing except for Harry's Perks and NSZ's weapons (Which is A LOT), and I tried every tutorial to fix the fx error. I did the one with the singles folder and stuff, did that and it said I went over the sound limit. I fixed that, than the fx error came back. I am not sure what I could do next to reduce the fx. Any help?
This topic contains a post which is marked as the Best Answer. Click here to view it.
broken avatar :(
Date Registered: 5 September 2014
Last active: 3 years ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Mr. Elemental
Primary Group
More
Personal Quote
I belive purple is getting me...
IperBreach86's Groups
IperBreach86's Contact & Social LinksIperBreach86
Go into your zone_source folder and find your mapname.csv
Open it and delete all the calls to weapons that you dont need
There should be a list of all waw weapons, remove all of them (except what you want to keep, like raygun or monkeys).
Date Registered: 17 January 2014
Last active: 4 years ago
Respect
1,004Add +1
Forum Rank
Immortal
Primary Group
Community Scripter
My Groups
More
More
Signature
If you want scripts / features made for you, then contact me by PM or email / skype etc
it will cost you tho so if you have no intention of reciprocating don't even waste my time ;)
Harry Bo21's Groups
Donator ♥ Benevolent Soul who has our eternal gratitude and exclusive access to betas and the donator section of the forum.
Community Scripter Has shown effort and knowledge in the area of scripting while being a part of the UGX-Mods community.
Harry Bo21's Contact & Social Links[email protected]HarryBo21HarryBo000
Go into your zone_source folder and find your mapname.csv
Open it and delete all the calls to weapons that you dont need
There should be a list of all waw weapons, remove all of them (except what you want to keep, like raygun or monkeys).
why is everyone saying these are in mapname.csv lately? Guns are in dlc3.csv
Date Registered: 5 September 2014
Last active: 3 years ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Mr. Elemental
Primary Group
More
Personal Quote
I belive purple is getting me...
IperBreach86's Groups
IperBreach86's Contact & Social LinksIperBreach86
why is everyone saying these are in mapname.csv lately? Guns are in dlc3.csv
Welp, sorry then, my mistake.
Date Registered: 14 September 2013
Respect
Forum Rank
Zombie Destroyer
Primary Group
Community Scripter
My Groups
More
More
Personal Quote
BE ORIGINAL
Signature
MakeCents's Groups
Community Mapper Has released one or more maps to the UGX-Mods community which have been added to the UGX Map Manager.
Community Scripter Has shown effort and knowledge in the area of scripting while being a part of the UGX-Mods community.
BO3 Modtools Alpha
BO3 Modtools Alpha
This user has access to the Black Ops 3 Modtools Alpha
Have you done an ignore file, singles fix, deleted the mod before building again, or tried any other methods found here?

http://ugx-mods.com/forum/index.php?topic=5311.0
Date Registered: 12 September 2013
Last active: 1 year ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Perk Hacker
Primary Group
Donator ♥
My Groups
More
More
Personal Quote
oshawat750's Groups
Have you done an ignore file, singles fix, deleted the mod before building again, or tried any other methods found here?

http://ugx-mods.com/forum/index.php?topic=5311.0
I actually downloaded your 400 fx fix for this, and I tried everything in there.
Respect
1,004Add +1
Forum Rank
Immortal
Primary Group
Community Scripter
My Groups
More
More
Harry Bo21's Groups
The stupid singles fix is not right.

The Best Fix:
The following files in zone_source contain all of the maps fx. You need to comment out the ones you are not using.

Mapname.csv
Mapname_patch.csv
Dlc3.csv
Zombiemode.csv
Zombiemode_dogs.csv

After editing the .csv's that I listed, you must delete your root>zone_source>english assetlist and assetinfo and recomplile

Not that you really need to, but I also suggest backing up any files that you are about to delete just in case .
you do not need to delete that - it gets overwritten when you recompile anyway
Respect
Forum Rank
Zombie Destroyer
Primary Group
Community Scripter
My Groups
More
More
Personal Quote
BE ORIGINAL
MakeCents's Groups
Community Mapper Has released one or more maps to the UGX-Mods community which have been added to the UGX Map Manager.
BO3 Modtools Alpha
BO3 Modtools Alpha
The stupid singles fix is not right.

Whats wrong with the singles fix?
Respect
1,004Add +1
Forum Rank
Immortal
Primary Group
Community Scripter
My Groups
More
More
Harry Bo21's Groups
Whats wrong with the singles fix?
it only rearranges stuff, and removes one or two

Then people forget they ever did it - so don't know to look in the csv files created during the tutorial

The fx get relocated from their usual places to zone_source/singles

We also don't know, so when they ask for help we tell them to edit the original files - which does nothing as the fx are being loaded by calling the other csvs

Basically it just confuses users and they have no idea how to do anything beyond what the tutorial teaches and because they forget - when they make their next map they get in to a total state. I've helped tons of people resolve this, and the only reason I know to look there is coz I remember the tutorial and check if the singles folder exists
Last Edit: June 09, 2016, 01:51:25 pm by Harry Bo21
Respect
Forum Rank
Perk Hacker
Primary Group
Donator ♥
My Groups
More
More
Personal Quote
oshawat750's Groups
I have tried everything you guys recommended, nothing works, and as Harry said, the assetinfo and assetlist just gets put back after a recompile.
Respect
Forum Rank
Zombie Destroyer
Primary Group
Community Scripter
My Groups
More
More
Personal Quote
BE ORIGINAL
MakeCents's Groups
BO3 Modtools Alpha
BO3 Modtools Alpha
it only rearranges stuff, and removes one or two

Then people forget they ever did it - so don't know to look in the csv files created during the tutorial

The fx get relocated from their usual places to zone_source/singles

We also don't know, so when they ask for help we tell them to edit the original files - which does nothing as the fx are being loaded by calling the other csvs

Basically it just confuses users and they have no idea how to do anything beyond what the tutorial teaches

lol, well the first step of solving fx issues is to isolate redundancies so they should do the singles first, to stop the same fx from being added multiple times, then try other things. But that doesn't say what is broken about it.

I have tried everything you guys recommended, nothing works, and as Harry said, the assetinfo and assetlist just gets put back after a recompile.

Fx errors don't always mean fx errors. Do you have your weapons in your raw/weapons/sp folder as well?
Last Edit: June 09, 2016, 01:54:20 pm by MakeCents
Respect
1,004Add +1
Forum Rank
Immortal
Primary Group
Community Scripter
My Groups
More
More
Harry Bo21's Groups
I was helping Croomer with this the other day in chat and he had commented out nearly everything. He asked me for help and thats what we did to fix it: http://ugx-mods.com/forum/index.php/topic,11282.msg125418.html#msg125418
I definitely shouldn't have used the word wrong because it does work, but to me it isn't really conveying the point to people. For me it was much easier to understand (and reference later) if I physically commented out each individual fx, then I knew exactly what I was/wasn't using. It is also less steps for people, which inevitably leads to more mistakes. Plus it is significantly easier to help others when the pastebin their .csv's in chat

Double Post Merge: June 09, 2016, 01:55:54 pm
It is supposed to be there. Deleting it ensures it is the newest files
you may think that was the solution but I assure you it isn't

90% of the time it's people rebuilding mod - but not recompiling the map "first"

Or recompiling the map - but not building mod

It is ALWAYS one of those two - the files you refer to are deleted and regenerated when ever you compile
Respect
Forum Rank
Zombie Destroyer
Primary Group
Community Scripter
My Groups
More
More
Personal Quote
BE ORIGINAL
MakeCents's Groups
BO3 Modtools Alpha
BO3 Modtools Alpha
I definitely shouldn't have used the word wrong because it does work, but to me it isn't really conveying the point to people. For me it was much easier to understand (and reference later) if I physically commented out each individual fx, then I knew exactly what I was/wasn't using. It is also less steps for people, which inevitably leads to more mistakes. Plus it is significantly easier to help others when the pastebin their .csv's in chat

Double Post Merge: June 09, 2016, 01:55:54 pm
It is supposed to be there. Deleting it ensures it is the newest files

I guess we will agree to disagree on that one. Downloading a file, putting in a folder, and adding a few lines is much easier to me. Opening every single file and commenting out all fx is easier for you I guess. The tut for the singles file is broken sort of, not my tut, but the original wiki. The one instructional line passes way out to the right instead of wrapping and is in the cod box where it doesn't belong, which thows some people off. That's why I made the file for people to use.
Last Edit: June 09, 2016, 01:59:03 pm by MakeCents
Respect
Forum Rank
Perk Hacker
Primary Group
Donator ♥
My Groups
More
More
Personal Quote
oshawat750's Groups
Also maybe I missed this if someone mentioned it: be sure to delete your mod from appdata
I just did that, along with everything you guys said, still the error appears.  :-\
Respect
1,004Add +1
Forum Rank
Immortal
Primary Group
Community Scripter
My Groups
More
More
Harry Bo21's Groups
Let me just point out again what the major issue is

Peopl forget they ever did it

Because of this they don't even know to "look" for your files - and when they ask on the forum - we don't know either and advise what Nate said

Double Post Merge: June 09, 2016, 02:05:51 pm
You can't trust anyone haha. I'll take your word for it over Croomer's.

Also maybe I missed this if someone mentioned it: be sure to delete your mod from appdata
that will help them to remember building the mod - but usually it's recompiling the map they forget

People do not understand the very simple concept of :

Changes to mapname.csv, dlc3.csv, zombiemode.csv or zombiemode_dogs.csv - require you to recompile map - then rebuild mod

Changes to mapname patch - need you to recompile patch - then rebuild mod

Changes to mod.csv - only require you to rebuild mod

It's almost always them not following the fore mentioned logic

Double Post Merge: June 09, 2016, 02:08:06 pm
Edit - also just removing them from csv isn't enough

The loadfx() lines in script should also be commented out or they use a space for nothing
Last Edit: June 09, 2016, 02:08:06 pm by Harry Bo21

Loading ...