UGX-Mods Login

or login with an authentication provider below
Sign In with Google
Sign In with Twitter
Sign In with Discord
Sign In with Steam
Sign In with Facebook
Sign In with Twitch

How would I play "torso" animations in script, like playeranim.script does?

broken avatar :(
Created 8 years ago
by alaurenc9
Date Registered: 30 December 2012
Last active: 8 months ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Zombie Enslaver
Primary Group
Community Scripter
My Groups
More
My Contact & Social Links
More
Signature
My preferred name is "xSanchez78".
Check me out here: www.steamcommunity.com/id/xSanchez78
alaurenc9's Groups
Donator ♥ Benevolent Soul who has our eternal gratitude and exclusive access to betas and the donator section of the forum.
Community Scripter Has shown effort and knowledge in the area of scripting while being a part of the UGX-Mods community.
alaurenc9's Contact & Social LinksxSanchez78xSanchez78xSanchez78xSanchez78xSanchez78xSanchez78
How would I play an animation that only animates the torso half of the player model while another animation is set that animates the full body, but the torso part is overridden completely by the torso only animation, but the legs still animate to the full body animation, basically how player animations work, but this is in script. I've been reading script reference all morning but haven't come up with anything yet. Anyone have any ideas?
Senpai
Date Registered: 28 September 2013
Last active: 3 years ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Zombie Enslaver
Primary Group
Box Mappers Elite
My Groups
More
More
arceus's Groups
Box Mappers Elite
Box Mappers Elite
arceus's Contact & Social LinksarceusNT
i do not beleave yo can do this, just like viewmadols i assume that one model can't have more than one aim playing on it
Date Registered: 14 August 2013
Last active: 7 years ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Rotting Walker
Primary Group
Personal Quote
Wassaaap
Signature
WhiteDevil's Groups
WhiteDevil's Contact & Social Links
i do not beleave yo can do this, just like viewmadols i assume that one model can't have more than one aim playing on it

It's possible on AI, but not on players by gsc so far i know. Because when you create a playeranimscriptevent on a player and you have defined your script event in playeranim.script and give it the torso value instead of both, the anim isn't playing unfortunately.
Last Edit: November 27, 2015, 11:00:10 pm by WhiteDevil
Respect
Forum Rank
Zombie Enslaver
Primary Group
Community Scripter
My Groups
More
More
alaurenc9's Groups
Donator ♥ Benevolent Soul who has our eternal gratitude and exclusive access to betas and the donator section of the forum.
Community Scripter Has shown effort and knowledge in the area of scripting while being a part of the UGX-Mods community.
alaurenc9's Contact & Social LinksxSanchez78xSanchez78xSanchez78xSanchez78xSanchez78xSanchez78
It's possible on AI, but not on players by gsc so far i know. Because when you create a playeranimscriptevent on a player and you have defined your script event in playeranim.script and give it the torso value instead of both, the anim isn't playing unfortunately.

I do not want to do this in playeranim.script, I want to do this in real GSC script.
Date Registered: 14 August 2013
Last active: 7 years ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Rotting Walker
Primary Group
Personal Quote
Wassaaap
WhiteDevil's Groups
WhiteDevil's Contact & Social Links
I do not want to do this in playeranim.script, I want to do this in real GSC script.

I'm pretty sure you can't do that. On AI yes but player noway.
Date Registered: 17 December 2013
Last active: 1 year ago
Respect
1,404Add +1
Forum Rank
Zombie Colossus
Primary Group
Community Scripter Elite
My Groups
More
More
Personal Quote
It aint much, if it aint Dutch
Signature
BluntStuffy's Groups
Community Scripter Elite Has shown excellence and experience in the area of custom scripting in the UGX-Mods community.
Oil Rig Beta Access
Oil Rig Beta Access
BluntStuffy's Contact & Social LinksBluntstuffy@BluntZombieBluntStuffyStuffyZombie
I think you can tbh, try using setanimknob() You should be able to set weights and the joints where the anim plays on.  if you export the anims correctly that should work. Think that also works for player-models, never tried myself though
Respect
Forum Rank
Zombie Enslaver
Primary Group
Community Scripter
My Groups
More
More
alaurenc9's Groups
I think you can tbh, try using setanimknob() You should be able to set weights and the joints where the anim plays on.  if you export the anims correctly that should work. Think that also works for player-models, never tried myself though

all SetAnimKnob did was made it where, the leg animations were still the same, but the torso animation was a blend of the animation I was trying to play and the full body animation. I tried turning the weight up but it would still be half and half.
Date Registered: 17 December 2013
Last active: 1 year ago
Respect
1,404Add +1
Forum Rank
Zombie Colossus
Primary Group
Community Scripter Elite
My Groups
More
More
Personal Quote
It aint much, if it aint Dutch
BluntStuffy's Groups
Community Scripter Elite Has shown excellence and experience in the area of custom scripting in the UGX-Mods community.
Oil Rig Beta Access
Oil Rig Beta Access
BluntStuffy's Contact & Social LinksBluntstuffy@BluntZombieBluntStuffyStuffyZombie
Did you also try setanimknoball() ?
http://www.zeroy.com/script/animation/setanim.htm

Pretty sure this would be the way to go, you'd just need to fugure out the details cause i dont know either ( maybe someone else does? )

and are you sure your torso animation is really a torso animation?

Respect
Forum Rank
Zombie Enslaver
Primary Group
Community Scripter
My Groups
More
More
alaurenc9's Groups
Did you also try setanimknoball() ?
http://www.zeroy.com/script/animation/setanim.htm

Pretty sure this would be the way to go, you'd just need to fugure out the details cause i dont know either ( maybe someone else does? )

and are you sure your torso animation is really a torso animation?

k ill come clean... this is for bo1 laststand in WaW. I don't feel like making separate weapon files just so that I can have a playerAnimType that plays laststand animations, so I spawned a script_model copy of the player to play animations on it, linked it to the player, and hid the player. So yes I'm sure the laststand fire, reload, and melee animations are torso animations and yes I did try SetAnimKnobRestart, SetAnimKnobRestart, etc. and I've been reading zeroy for the reference.

I'm pretty sure you can't do that. On AI yes but player noway.

AI uses the same functions that script_model's do to play animations.....

Loading ...