Zombie Colossus
Primary Group
UGX Site Moderator
My Groups
More
My Contact & Social Links
More
MZslayer11's Groups
UGX Site Moderator Has the ability to issue warnings to users, edit and remove posts from the forum and to move topics to other boards. Upholds the rules of the forum. Moderates Chat Rooms.
MZslayer11's Contact & Social LinksMZslayer11Service_Code_30#2655
Im trying to add a custom perk to my map but im running into some problems. After i turn the power on, it doesn't let me buy it. It tells me to activate the power even though i just did. All the other perks work after i turn the power on. I even removed the power switch and it still doesn't work. >:(
broken avatar :(
☭ Soviet Commander ☭
Date Registered: 13 August 2012
Last active: 8 years ago
Respect
Forum Rank
King of the Zombies
Primary Group
Community Daedra
My Groups
More
More
Signature
Let's keep this thread on topic from here on in. -DBZ

+1 to off-topic reply -DBZ

lmao. Too funny.

Goliath Script Placer: http://ugx-mods.com/forum/index.php/topic,11234.msg125257/topicseen.html#new

"...Christ, people. Learn C, instead of just stringing random characters
together until it compiles (with warnings)..."

-Linus Torvalds
daedra descent's Groups
Community Daedra
Community Daedra
daedra descent's Contact & Social LinksBlueSoviet
Can you actually buy the perk or no?
Date Registered: 15 March 2014
Last active: 5 years ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Mr. Elemental
Primary Group
Community Scripter
My Groups
More
More
Personal Quote
WaW Scriptor
Signature
WaW Scriptor
PROxFTW's Groups
Donator ♥ Benevolent Soul who has our eternal gratitude and exclusive access to betas and the donator section of the forum.
Community Scripter Has shown effort and knowledge in the area of scripting while being a part of the UGX-Mods community.
PROxFTW's Contact & Social LinksPROxFTWPROxFTWPROxFTWPROxFTW
Im trying to add a custom perk to my map but im running into some problems. After i turn the power on, it doesn't let me buy it. It tells me to activate the power even though i just did. All the other perks work after i turn the power on. I even removed the power switch and it still doesn't work. >:(
1) it is a little hard to help w/o the script you used. 2) If you press f or whatever your use button is does it change?  3) More than likely something is not letting it change meaning you aren't calling it to change or you didn't set the hintstring to change it to.
Date Registered: 7 March 2014
Last active: 2 months ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Zombie Colossus
Primary Group
UGX Site Moderator
My Groups
More
More
MZslayer11's Groups
UGX Site Moderator Has the ability to issue warnings to users, edit and remove posts from the forum and to move topics to other boards. Upholds the rules of the forum. Moderates Chat Rooms.
Can you actually buy the perk or no?

nope
Respect
Forum Rank
Mr. Elemental
Primary Group
Community Scripter
My Groups
More
More
Personal Quote
WaW Scriptor
PROxFTW's Groups
Donator ♥ Benevolent Soul who has our eternal gratitude and exclusive access to betas and the donator section of the forum.
Community Scripter Has shown effort and knowledge in the area of scripting while being a part of the UGX-Mods community.
 What is the perk as in specialty_WHATEVER? One thing I could think of is it is not a default WaW specialty and the hintstring to change isn't being updated or the power is not being notified it is on.
Respect
Forum Rank
Zombie Colossus
Primary Group
UGX Site Moderator
My Groups
More
More
MZslayer11's Groups
What is the perk as in specialty_WHATEVER? One thing I could think of is it is not a default WaW specialty and the hintstring to change isn't being updated or the power is not being notified it is on.

I used specialty_leadfoot
Respect
Forum Rank
Mr. Elemental
Primary Group
Community Scripter
My Groups
More
More
Personal Quote
WaW Scriptor
PROxFTW's Groups
I used specialty_leadfoot
Would you mind posting the part of the code that does the buying of the perk. Also are you calling the perk to turn on and stuff?
Respect
Forum Rank
Zombie Colossus
Primary Group
UGX Site Moderator
My Groups
More
More
MZslayer11's Groups
Would you mind posting the part of the code that does the buying of the perk. Also are you calling the perk to turn on and stuff?

Here  I pasted all the stuff that i added for my perk in _zombiemode_perks_black_ops.
The perk im adding is "Double Dew" (ddew) (i Know its ZKs perk but I wanted to add a perk that i thought would be easy to script, just as a test)

Code Snippet
Plaintext
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
level thread turn_ddew_on();
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
turn_ddew_on()
{
machine = getentarray("ddew_machine", "targetname");

flag_wait("electricity_on");

for( i = 0; i < machine.size; i++ )
{
machine[i] vibrate((0,-100,0), 0.3, 0.4, 3);
machine[i] playsound("perks_power_on");
machine[i] thread perk_fx("jugger_light");
}
level notify( "specialty_leadfoot_on" );
}
case "specialty_leadfoot": //ddew
cost = 5000;
break;
}
case "specialty_leadfoot":
self SetHintString( "Press & hold &&1 to buy Doubble Dew [Cost: 5000]" );
break;
shader = "vending_ddew_shader";
break;
weapon = "zombie_perk_bottle_sleight";
break;
}
weapon = "zombie_perk_bottle_sleight";
break;
}

Loading ...