Sign In with Facebook
Sign In with Twitch

[WIP] NDU-Revamp - Released

POLLHOT
broken avatar :(
Created 9 years ago
by Deleted User

Poll

Question: Which should I do? (cant decide)

Another public beta
7 (50%)
Release
7 (50%)
None
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 13

• DeletedUser
  • Deleted Member
DeletedUser
This user is deleted :(
^ Th perks themselves support this, I think hes just learning how to make a start menu in menu files to give us a way to pick the options

I made these perks as a "system" so you could set specific things, for specific game modes, like limit how many times you can use a particlar perk or perk machine, etc

Ill download it and take a look, that shouldnt be happening
currently the start menu is done entirely in gsc, i would try to make it in .menu but i just cant make any sense of of it but ill keep giving it a go
Date Registered: 17 January 2014
Last active: 4 years ago
Respect
1,004Add +1
Forum Rank
Immortal
Primary Group
Community Scripter
My Groups
More
My Contact & Social Links
More
Signature
If you want scripts / features made for you, then contact me by PM or email / skype etc
it will cost you tho so if you have no intention of reciprocating don't even waste my time ;)
Harry Bo21's Groups
Donator ♥ Benevolent Soul who has our eternal gratitude and exclusive access to betas and the donator section of the forum.
Community Scripter Has shown effort and knowledge in the area of scripting while being a part of the UGX-Mods community.
Harry Bo21's Contact & Social Links[email protected]HarryBo21HarryBo000
Ask PWN hes the master of em
  • DeletedUser
  • Deleted Member
DeletedUser
I never thought that I would appreciate having perks/PaP on Nacht till I experienced it. Now I'm thinking "Where has this been all my life?" lol.

I was really impressed with how good the perk machines looked. Especially the Wunderfizz w/ the floating sphere! The custom viewhands were also really nice. However, as others have said, the map is waaaay too easy with all of this stuff.

I feel like giving players difficulty control via the start menu would be excellent. Items such as:

--Perks only through Der Wunderfizz (all other machines removed) on/off
--PaP on/off
--Faster Zombies on/off
--Faster Progression (zombies get tougher and faster quicker) on/off
--Powerups on/off (it would be interesting having to get ammo solely through Vulture Aid!)
--4 Perk Limit on/off

Options like these would allow for some much more interesting and challenging gameplay. I'd also add an option to make the map take place at night -- i always thought that default Nacht was way too bright.

And btw, I also got the unlimited weapons glitch. Even without Mule Kick I could hold every weapon I got.
the start menu was just something i threw in for the lols and it turns out everyone loves it so im gonna be adding more options but i still need to figure out why the zombies health is so low when you start on round 20, as for pap on/off that's already in the menu

Double Post Merge: July 30, 2015, 09:17:03 pm
Ask PWN hes the master of em
i have messaged DUKIP and he sent me a very nice and helpful website, heres the link if you want it Harry i know you was talking about addign menu options for your perks in UGX chat the other day http://quakelivehud.blogspot.co.uk/2009/05/extra-1.html
Respect
1,004Add +1
Forum Rank
Immortal
Primary Group
Community Scripter
My Groups
More
More
Harry Bo21's Groups
Donator ♥ Benevolent Soul who has our eternal gratitude and exclusive access to betas and the donator section of the forum.
Community Scripter Has shown effort and knowledge in the area of scripting while being a part of the UGX-Mods community.
because their health is set before your setting the round probably, its set in the zombiemode::main() function before any other calls i think

then inbetween round over, its incremented, its just that your "start point" for the health is incorrect
Last Edit: July 30, 2015, 09:19:56 pm by Harry Bo21
  • DeletedUser
  • Deleted Member
DeletedUser
And btw, I also got the unlimited weapons glitch. Even without Mule Kick I could hold every weapon I got.
i still dont know why people are getting that it might just be that i released a version with buggy weapon limit or something like that
Respect
1,004Add +1
Forum Rank
Immortal
Primary Group
Community Scripter
My Groups
More
More
Harry Bo21's Groups
i still dont know why people are getting that it might just be that i released a version with buggy weapon limit or something like that
where are the perks called, can you show me?
  • DeletedUser
  • Deleted Member
DeletedUser
because their health is set before your setting the round probably, its set in the zombiemode::main() function before any other calls i think
i have modified the the way the zombies health is set

its not set directly to each zombie instead of through a var
you can see how im calculating the zombies healt here

Double Post Merge: July 30, 2015, 09:23:59 pm
where are the perks called, can you show me?
i have left the perk names as the default set of names (im guessing you mean there script names)
Respect
1,004Add +1
Forum Rank
Immortal
Primary Group
Community Scripter
My Groups
More
More
Harry Bo21's Groups
i meant is its called in _zombiemode.gsc along with the others? like in 1.4 scripts?

Or did you add it to another gsc elsewhere?

as in, where did you put this

Code Snippet
Plaintext
maps/_zombiemode_perks::init();
Last Edit: July 30, 2015, 09:26:40 pm by Harry Bo21
  • DeletedUser
  • Deleted Member
DeletedUser
i meant is its called in _zombiemode.gsc along with the others? like in 1.4 scripts?

Or did you add it to another gsc elsewhere?

as in, where did you put this

Code Snippet
Plaintext
maps/_zombiemode_perks::init();
i have called _zombiemode_perks right before _zombiemode gets called
Respect
1,004Add +1
Forum Rank
Immortal
Primary Group
Community Scripter
My Groups
More
More
Harry Bo21's Groups
i have called _zombiemode_perks right before _zombiemode gets called
Should be right, ive had a few people report this but are unsure as to what triggers it

Itll most likely be after youve gone down during a certain instance or something lol, ill look into it
  • DeletedUser
  • Deleted Member
DeletedUser
Should be right, ive had a few people report this but are unsure as to what triggers it

Itll most likely be after youve gone down during a certain instance or something lol, ill look into it
the thing that is confusing me is the weapon limit has worked all the time for me and a few testers but i guess its one of those things that works but then brakes when you least expect it to
Respect
1,004Add +1
Forum Rank
Immortal
Primary Group
Community Scripter
My Groups
More
More
Harry Bo21's Groups
its coz i have a second array storing your weapons, sometimes it ends up out of sync, which leads to my "give_weapon" function going wrong and giving you a gun no matter what

Its just a case of working out what forces it out of line occasionally ;)
Date Registered: 28 September 2013
Last active: 3 months ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Zombie Destroyer
Primary Group
Donator ♥
My Groups
More
More
conn6orsuper117's Groups
conn6orsuper117's Contact & Social LinksConn6orsuper117ITS-CS117
the start menu was just something i threw in for the lols and it turns out everyone loves it so im gonna be adding more options but i still need to figure out why the zombies health is so low when you start on round 20, as for pap on/off that's already in the menu
The zombie health increase always stays the same after round 10/15ish and the zombie count never changes from 24 each round on nacht
Respect
1,004Add +1
Forum Rank
Immortal
Primary Group
Community Scripter
My Groups
More
More
Harry Bo21's Groups
The zombie health increase always stays the same after round 10/15ish and the zombie count never changes from 24 each round on nacht
zombie counters show current amount "spawned", so 24 at a time is the "cap", there would still be more

and the zombies health is changed to "current health" + "increment to multiply by" at the end of each round
  • DeletedUser
  • Deleted Member
DeletedUser
zombie counters show current amount "spawned", so 24 at a time is the "cap", there would still be more
no Harry there's only ever been 24 zombies per round on waw

Loading ...