Donator ♥
My Groups
More
My Contact & Social Links
More
Signature
I do mods/maps for WaW and BO1.
Rollonmath42's Groups
Donator ♥ Benevolent Soul who has our eternal gratitude and exclusive access to betas and the donator section of the forum.
BO3 Modtools Alpha
BO3 Modtools Alpha
This user has access to the Black Ops 3 Modtools Alpha
Rollonmath42's Contact & Social Linksrollonmath42Rollonmath42Rollonmath42Rollonmath42
As many of you know, there are a lot of different settings available in a weapon file that can make a gun amazing or absolutely horrible. Due to what I've seen in a lot of maps lately, I decided I might as well make a post of these settings that can help make your weapons look much better/accurate to the original versions if its ported from any of the CoD's after World at War. The notes that are posted for each setting are based on the weapon files from CoD4 up to now, since I have not worked with anything before CoD4.

Update: sethnorris brought up a point I forgot about, which was how to fix 3-round burst (or any round burst weapon) that I had posted a couple days ago.

Update 2: Added a fix that will help for those using the hideTags option.

Update 3: Added how to do certain sounds.

New: fireSound and fireSoundPlayer - These two settings manage the fire sound used whenever the player has more than one bullet/projectile/etc. left in the weapon. fireSound controls the sound heard by players in co-op whereas fireSoundPlayer controls the sound heard by the player firing the weapon them self. The names placed here must be defined in a soundalias located in your World at War directory/raw/soundaliases if it is not a sound already in the game (such as fire sounds of other weapons already in-game). The soundalias then must be included in your mod.csv using one of the two:
Code Snippet
Plaintext
sound,soundalias_name_here_without_extension,,all_mp
sound,soundalias_name_here_without_extension,,all_sp
The one you need to use depends on how your soundalias is written. A sound alias with this

would use the variation with all_mp. I'll need to do some testing to see for sure how this works, but that is what I've at least figured out from having this setup throughout most of my maps.

New: lastShotSound and lastShotSoundPlayer - These settings manage the fire sound made whenever a player fires the last bullet/projectile/etc. in their clip. These are setup in the same way as fireSound and fireSoundPlayer are.

New: notetrackSoundMap - This is probably the one most new people have troubles with, although very easy to setup. This defines any sounds that are played during the animation. An animation must have notetracks setup already, whether added when exporting the animation from Maya, adding it through a hex editor, or using Tom's Xanim Exporter. Whichever way you choose from those three work fine if the notetracks isn't already implemented. If you are transferring animations from either CoD4 or BO1, they already have notetracks defined for you, so you don't need to add them yourself. The format for notetracks goes likes this:

After the notetrackSoundMap\ part, you type in the name of the notetrack used in the animation. If you don't know what it is called, you can go to your World at War directory/raw/xanim and open up the animation in either Notepad++, a hex editor, or Tom's Xanim Exporter. If using Notepad++/hex editor, you'll need to scroll to the bottom of the file, and you'll find the following:

It is easier to see in Notepad++ (in my opinion), but in any case, those actual readable words at the bottom are the notetracks separated by special characters. Simply either copy the words or type it out as the first part right after notetrackSoundMap\. Then you want to hit space and type in the name of the alias you want to define in your soundalias file. You can either make a new alias or use one already defined in World at War, simply by typing in the name of the alias used in the weapons.csv located in your World at War directory/raw/soundaliases. Then if you need to type in a new set of notetracks, simply hit enter (for organization sake) and type in the new notetrack. TL;DR the format is as follows for notetrackSoundMap\:
Code Snippet
Plaintext
notetrackSoundMap\notetrack_name_from_animation notetrack_name_defined_in_soundalias
The soundalias is then included the same way they are for fireSound and such mentioned above.

handModel and hideTags - If you change the viewhands the player uses from the _loadout.gsc (or wherever your scripts set it), you'll want to change it in the handModel setting that way the hideTags option works properly, which allows you to hide parts of the gun. It is most notably used in multiplayer as to not have to have multiple models for different attachments as used in CoD4 up to BO1.

fireType - This is a pretty well-known setting, however some may not have realized that this can be set to a few different things than normal:
Code Snippet
Plaintext
Single Shot
Full Auto
2-Round Burst
3-Round Burst
4-Round Burst
The names of each are self-explanatory. The maximum burst is 4-Round Burst (tested and confirmed by ElTitoPricus). If you want to use any of the three bursts however, you must use the fix described below.

lastFireTime - Apparently this setting is not in a World at War weapon file by default, so if you were to try making a weapon a burst fire (2, 3, or 4), the last mag of the gun would have a slower fire rate. To fix this, simply put after fireTime/timehere/ this:
Code Snippet
Plaintext
lastFireTime/0/
The function exists even though its not automatically in the weapon file, as CoD4 supported it (as seen with the M16 and such) and tests revealed that World at War still had this available.

standMoveF, standMoveR, standMoveU - These affect the gun moving downwards (or upwards, if for whatever reason its set to do so) whenever you walk. These were only modified in CoD4 and CoD5, but later CoD's just depended on code that rotated the gun based on movement direction. It's preferable to have all of these set to 0, but usually the most I'll go is -0.5 on standMoveU, so it doesn't look like it's doing nothing when moving around.

sprintOfsF, sprintOfsR, sprintOfsU, sprintRotP, sprintRotY, sprintRotR, sprintBobH, sprintBobV - These affect the gun moving in a certain when the player sprints. CoD5 was the only CoD to use these for sprinting as no animations were made for sprinting, which allowed people to make a normal and empty version of the animations without having to implement the empty sprint system (which was used first in Black Ops 1). I recommend all of these to be set to 0 if you have sprinting animations that you want to use.

duckedMoveF, duckedMoveR, duckedMoveU, duckedRotP, duckedRotY, duckedRotR, duckedOfsF, duckedOfsR, duckedOfsU - These all affect the position of the gun when ducked and standing still or moving. I recommend these all to be 0 with the exception of duckedOfsU set to -1.

adsZoomFov -  This affects the FOV change when you ADS. A majority of the weapons throughout the CoD games use somewhere from 45-55 in intervals of 5. There is no set standard however as it depends on how the gun looks whenever you ADS.

And the last ones usually found near the end of a weapon file:

adsDofStart and adsDofEnd - These settings affect the depth of field settings whenever you ADS. Not sure about what others think, but I enjoy a clean look, therefore I highly recommend setting both of these to 0. That causes there to be no blur whenever you ADS and looks really well with most guns.

There are plenty of others you can find in the weapon file that I did not list here that affect the crosshair sizes (hipSpread___, thanks to ConvictioNDR for the correct setting) and damage multipliers (locHead, locNeck, etc.) that may be worth looking into, but it all depends on what your weapon is supposed to do.

I hope most of you take advantage of these settings to help improve the quality of your weapons... Or make worse if you really wanted to ;)
Last Edit: February 19, 2015, 01:41:00 pm by Rollonmath42
broken avatar :(
The King of Zombies
Date Registered: 24 June 2013
Last active: 4 years ago
Respect
Forum Rank
King of the Zombies
Primary Group
Donator ♥
My Groups
More
More
Signature
Donate to me if you enjoy my work. https://www.paypal.me/thezombiekilla6
Dust's Groups
Donator ♥ Benevolent Soul who has our eternal gratitude and exclusive access to betas and the donator section of the forum.
Dust's Contact & Social LinksMrZ0mbiesFanaticdust103194MrZ0mbiesFanatic
Good tutorial rollon! I knew about the sprint settings setting them to 0, but i didn't know to also change the other settings to 0 or almost 0.

+1
Purple Square Worshipper
Date Registered: 30 January 2014
Last active: 1 year ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Zombie Enslaver
Primary Group
Famous User
My Groups
More
More
Personal Quote
Purple Square Worshiper
Signature

donate to purplemanwomen www.paypal.me/bwc66930
Bwc66930's Groups
Famous User
Famous User
Bwc66930's Contact & Social Linksbwc66930bwc66930bwc66930bwc66931dkwithawbwc66930
Some of these I already knew about, some I didn't so great tutorial. This'll definitely help
Date Registered: 15 August 2013
Last active: 5 years ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Pack-a-Puncher
Primary Group
Community Mapper
My Groups
More
Signature
Enjoy my work? Feel free to donate here to support me

Wanna become a Patron? Try my Patreon Page
sethnorris's Groups
Community Mapper Has released one or more maps to the UGX-Mods community which have been added to the UGX Map Manager.
sethnorris's Contact & Social Links
You should post an extended explanation of how to fix the Round Burst weapons last mag issue. I know you did that in some post but would be nice to have it here too. Good tutorial tough!
Date Registered: 29 August 2012
Respect
Forum Rank
Mr. Elemental
Primary Group
Donator ♥
My Groups
More
More
Rollonmath42's Groups
BO3 Modtools Alpha
BO3 Modtools Alpha
Rollonmath42's Contact & Social Linksrollonmath42Rollonmath42Rollonmath42Rollonmath42
You should post an extended explanation of how to fix the Round Burst weapons last mag issue. I know you did that in some post but would be nice to have it here too. Good tutorial tough!

I had forgotten about that, thanks for reminding me. I updated the tutorial with the new information.
Date Registered: 17 January 2014
Respect
1,004Add +1
Forum Rank
Immortal
Primary Group
Community Scripter
My Groups
More
More
Signature
If you want scripts / features made for you, then contact me by PM or email / skype etc
it will cost you tho so if you have no intention of reciprocating don't even waste my time ;)
Harry Bo21's Groups
Community Scripter Has shown effort and knowledge in the area of scripting while being a part of the UGX-Mods community.
Harry Bo21's Contact & Social Links[email protected]HarryBo21HarryBo000
Your a legend, i needed this :)
Respect
Forum Rank
Mr. Elemental
Primary Group
Donator ♥
My Groups
More
More
Rollonmath42's Groups
BO3 Modtools Alpha
BO3 Modtools Alpha
Updated with fix for hideTags when using different viewhands than what is set in the weapon file through handModel.
Date Registered: 25 June 2013
Last active: 8 months ago
Respect
1,024Add +1
Forum Rank
Eviscerator
Primary Group
UGX V.I.P.
My Groups
More
More
HitmanVere's Groups
UGX V.I.P.
UGX V.I.P.
Community Mapper Has released one or more maps to the UGX-Mods community which have been added to the UGX Map Manager.
BO3 Modtools Alpha
BO3 Modtools Alpha
Good additions to this tut would be proper implementation of notetracks and other sounds :) Many struggle with those and would be good to add :D
Date Registered: 17 January 2014
Respect
1,004Add +1
Forum Rank
Immortal
Primary Group
Community Scripter
My Groups
More
More
Harry Bo21's Groups
Community Scripter Has shown effort and knowledge in the area of scripting while being a part of the UGX-Mods community.
Harry Bo21's Contact & Social Links[email protected]HarryBo21HarryBo000
Good additions to this tut would be proper implementation of notetracks and other sounds :) Many struggle with those and would be good to add :D
I agree

I gotta say, notetracks and sounds had me confused "big time" at one point, but now it seems simple?

Just one of those "tricky to learn" kind of things i guess :)
Date Registered: 25 June 2013
Last active: 8 months ago
Respect
1,024Add +1
Forum Rank
Eviscerator
Primary Group
UGX V.I.P.
My Groups
More
More
HitmanVere's Groups
UGX V.I.P.
UGX V.I.P.
BO3 Modtools Alpha
BO3 Modtools Alpha
I agree

I gotta say, notetracks and sounds had me confused "big time" at one point, but now it seems simple?

Just one of those "tricky to learn" kind of things i guess :)

I would do it here, but Im at school and at phone, lol
Date Registered: 6 September 2012
Respect
Forum Rank
Rotting Walker
Primary Group
More
ElTitoPricus's Groups
ElTitoPricus's Contact & Social LinksElTitoPricusElTitoPricus
4-Round Burst
This is the limit, tried 5-Round Burst and the engine gave me error

Good tutrial, very handy
Respect
Forum Rank
Mr. Elemental
Primary Group
Donator ♥
My Groups
More
More
Rollonmath42's Groups
BO3 Modtools Alpha
BO3 Modtools Alpha

Added at the top.

Loading ...