Date Registered: 13 March 2016
Last active: 4 years ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Rotting Walker
Primary Group
AdvancedDecay's Groups
AdvancedDecay's Contact & Social Links
Tutorial By AdvancedDecay ( Tyler Helliwell )

Programs Needed -
Black Ops 1
Toms Lime Tool 32Bit
Toms IWI & DDS Converter ( Converts IWI To DDS & DDS To IWI )

Tutorial #1 - BO1 Models To WAW

First - load Black Ops 1
Second - load Toms Tool Lime 32Bit
Third - load The Map You Want To Export A Model From
Fourth - In Toms Tool Lime 32Bit Click List Models
Fifth - Then Click Load Models
Sixth - Find The Model You Want To Export
Seventh - On The Export Selected Button Click Export XE (Xmodel_Export) & Add To GDT
Eigth - Before Clicking Export Selected Go To The Settings Tab On The Right And Go To Export Options, Then Click "Inc All Model Images & Inc Images With Model"
Ninth - After That Click Save All In The Settings Page
Tenth - Make Sure You Have The Right Options Selected In Export Selected Tab ( As Shown In Step 7)
Eleventh - Click Export Selected And Then It Should Export.
Twelth - Once Its Exported Close Lime ( If You Dont Close Lime It Will Not Make The GDT )
Thirteenth - Go To Lime Folder, Then Click On GDTs
Fourteenth - Then You Should See A GDT File Called "Lime_SuperGDT_BO1.gdt"
Fifthteenth - Copy The "Lime_SuperGDT_BO1.gdt" To soure_data In Your Call Of Duty World At War Directory
Sixteenth - Create A Folder In Model_Export Called "BO1"
Seventeenth - Go To The Lime Folder And Go In The Exported Folder
Eighteenth - Copy The "_Images" & "Your Model Folder" To The Folder You Made Earlier ( Model_Export/BO1 )
Eighteenth Part A - Use The IWI & DDS Converter Tool To Convert The DDS Files To IWI And Then Copy The IWI Images Inside "_Images" To "Raw/Images"
Eighteenth Part B - Copy The IWI Images To Your Mod/Mapname/Images Aswell
Nineteenth - Open AssMan ( AssetManager ) And Open The .GDT You Made Earlier ( Lime_SuperGDT_BO1 )
Twenty - Once You Opened Your "Lime_SuperGDT_BO1" Select The Material In The Material Menu ( Material ALWAYS Goes First )
TwentyOne - At The Top After Selecting Your Material Go To Convert
TwentyTwo - Then Select "Convert Current Asset only"
TwentyThree - It Should Then Bring Up A CMD Box And Showing It Converting The Material File To WAW
TwentyFour - After It Has Finished Converting The Material File, Press Enter To Continue
TwentyFive - Then Do The Same For The Xmodel File ( Re-Do Steps Twenty - TwentyFour, But For The Xmodel this Time )
TwentySix - After That Has Converted, In AssMan Go To "File" In The Top Left Hand Corner And Click "Save"
TwentySeven - Then Exit AssMan, & Open Up AssetViewer
TwentyEight - Once AssetViewer Has Loaded Find Your Xmodel That You Just Converted ( It Will Be Called The Same As Your Xmodel_Export Filename )
TwentyNine - Click Your Xmodel & See If It Shows In AssetViewer
Thirty - If It Doesnt Show In AssetViewer Then Redo The Steps Again.
ThirtyOne - If It Shows You Have Done Everything Correctly
ThirtyTwo - You Can Proceed To Either Putting It In Your Map Or Using It For A Powerup Model Or Whatever.
ThirtyThree - If You Want It To Look Better Then Go To Tutorial #2 For NML Specs & Cosine Images

If You use This Tutorial In Making Your Map All I Ask For Is Credit. Also make sure to credit Tom-BMX and treyarch for the tools/game
@AdvancedDecay ( Tyler Helliwell )
Last Edit: March 24, 2016, 02:04:09 pm by lukkie1998
broken avatar :(
The Last of Us
Date Registered: 28 September 2013
Last active: 2 weeks ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Zombie Colossus
Primary Group
UGX V.I.P.
My Groups
More
My Contact & Social Links
More
Personal Quote
ฏ๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎
Signature
smasher248's Groups
Donator ♥ Benevolent Soul who has our eternal gratitude and exclusive access to betas and the donator section of the forum.
UGX V.I.P.
UGX V.I.P.
Community Mapper Has released one or more maps to the UGX-Mods community which have been added to the UGX Map Manager.
BO3 Modtools Alpha
BO3 Modtools Alpha
This user has access to the Black Ops 3 Modtools Alpha
smasher248's Contact & Social Linkssmasher248smasher248
nice, but a video would have been morehelpful :)
OnionmanVere Bo21
Date Registered: 27 September 2013
Last active: 1 year ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Zombie Destroyer
Primary Group
Community Mapper
My Groups
More
Personal Quote
ok
Signature
Aye mate you don't know me so y don't you shut tf up ok buddy :)

Scobalula's Groups
Donator ♥ Benevolent Soul who has our eternal gratitude and exclusive access to betas and the donator section of the forum.
Box Mappers Elite
Box Mappers Elite
Community Mapper Has released one or more maps to the UGX-Mods community which have been added to the UGX Map Manager.
Community Scripter Has shown effort and knowledge in the area of scripting while being a part of the UGX-Mods community.
Scobalula's Contact & Social Links
I recommend more detail and more formatting, for most it's hard to read a big load of text like this, but hopefully this helps someone. :P

And you don't need Lime for most models from BO1, only DLC and some obscure ones, you can use Mod Tools and his Xmodel Utils program fro most models which also exports to directly to XE, MA and OBJ. :)

Date Registered: 17 January 2014
Last active: 4 years ago
Respect
1,004Add +1
Forum Rank
Immortal
Primary Group
Community Scripter
My Groups
More
More
Signature
If you want scripts / features made for you, then contact me by PM or email / skype etc
it will cost you tho so if you have no intention of reciprocating don't even waste my time ;)
Harry Bo21's Groups
Community Scripter Has shown effort and knowledge in the area of scripting while being a part of the UGX-Mods community.
Harry Bo21's Contact & Social Links[email protected]HarryBo21HarryBo000
This is very hard to read, but i cant help but mention...

You say to credit you, yet its treyarch / activision resources and requires Activisions BO1 mod tools, and using all of "TOMBMX"'s programs and using information i can only assume you have gathered from other such guides...

it only covers the colour maps too, when we all know the issue with BO1 ports is usually the "normals" are broken, seems silly not to mention that at least

and to do these normals, specs, cosines, they will need to actually convert the images "properly", not using dds to iwi but instead assman, making half of this tutorial redundant when moving on to what you describe as "part 2"
Last Edit: March 24, 2016, 02:00:36 pm by Harry Bo21
Date Registered: 25 June 2013
Last active: 8 months ago
Respect
1,024Add +1
Forum Rank
Eviscerator
Primary Group
UGX V.I.P.
My Groups
More
More
HitmanVere's Groups
UGX V.I.P.
UGX V.I.P.
BO3 Modtools Alpha
BO3 Modtools Alpha
This user has access to the Black Ops 3 Modtools Alpha
it only covers the colour maps too, when we all know the issue with BO1 ports is usually the "normals" are broken, seems silly not to mention that at least

And specmaps are most of the time green, lol

Loading ...