Zombie Enslaver
Primary Group
Community Scripter
My Groups
More
My Contact & Social Links
More
Ege115's Groups
Community Scripter Has shown effort and knowledge in the area of scripting while being a part of the UGX-Mods community.
Ege115's Contact & Social LinksEge115
Hey, I have animated a gun, I have got everything working except "ads up" and "ads down" working. I don't know what I'm doing wrong, I converted them by selecting tag_view and tag_torso and exported them. And then of course converted in assman.
But for some reason, the animations are not playing, it's just playing idle animation and zooms.

Any ideas?
This topic contains a post which is marked as the Best Answer. Click here to view it.
broken avatar :(
  • steviewonder87
  • Deleted Member
steviewonder87
This user is deleted :(
Did you try tag_ads and tag_torso? Also did you change your viewhands in the weaponfile/loadout, etc?
Date Registered: 1 July 2014
Last active: 7 years ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Legless Crawler
Primary Group
R00feR's Groups
R00feR's Contact & Social Links
are you sure that tag_toso have frames for ads anims? mayb you animate wrong bone?  ::)
Date Registered: 30 July 2013
Last active: 3 weeks ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Zombie Enslaver
Primary Group
Community Scripter
My Groups
More
More
Ege115's Groups
Community Scripter Has shown effort and knowledge in the area of scripting while being a part of the UGX-Mods community.
Exporting with tag_ads and tag_torso selected didn't work either. it just did that common thing when a weaponfile doens't have any ADS anims at all, the gun is higher up. But didn't play the ads anims either.

And I'm using the regular, "viewmodel_hands_no_model" in the weaponfile. And I added the viewhands in loadout.gsc a long long time ago.
  • steviewonder87
  • Deleted Member
steviewonder87
This user is deleted :(
Exporting with tag_ads and tag_torso selected didn't work either. it just did that common thing when a weaponfile doens't have any ADS anims at all, the gun is higher up. But didn't play the ads anims either.

And I'm using the regular, "viewmodel_hands_no_model" in the weaponfile. And I added the viewhands in loadout.gsc a long long time ago.
Are you sure the ads anims you made aren't 'supposed' to look like that? The way I do ads anims is by trial and error, so I move tag_torso then check in game how it looks, then adjust from there until it's perfect (so my first attempt could possibly look like how yours is now for example). How do you know your ads anims should look correct?
Date Registered: 25 June 2013
Last active: 9 months ago
Respect
1,024Add +1
Forum Rank
Eviscerator
Primary Group
UGX V.I.P.
My Groups
More
More
HitmanVere's Groups
Donator ♥ Benevolent Soul who has our eternal gratitude and exclusive access to betas and the donator section of the forum.
UGX V.I.P.
UGX V.I.P.
Community Mapper Has released one or more maps to the UGX-Mods community which have been added to the UGX Map Manager.
BO3 Modtools Alpha
BO3 Modtools Alpha
This user has access to the Black Ops 3 Modtools Alpha
You could try instead of having viewmodel_hands_no_model name of your viewhands. Then check in general settings, if ADS is applied
Marked as best answer by Ege115 9 years ago
Date Registered: 17 December 2013
Last active: 1 year ago
Respect
1,404Add +1
Forum Rank
Zombie Colossus
Primary Group
Community Scripter Elite
My Groups
More
More
Personal Quote
It aint much, if it aint Dutch
Signature
BluntStuffy's Groups
Donator ♥ Benevolent Soul who has our eternal gratitude and exclusive access to betas and the donator section of the forum.
Community Scripter Elite Has shown excellence and experience in the area of custom scripting in the UGX-Mods community.
Oil Rig Beta Access
Oil Rig Beta Access
BluntStuffy's Contact & Social LinksBluntstuffy@BluntZombieBluntStuffyStuffyZombie
Did you make the anims with the viewmodel-rig from bin\maya\? then normal viewhands should do fine.
For the ADS anims you can only animate tag_torso and none of the other joints/controllers. I also works if you animate the Torso_CTR box ( but essentially you still animate the joint if you use the box, so it's technically the same thing ).
For help with the ADS anims you can select the 'player-camera' by selecting:

panels->perspective->defmesh:camera

For exporting i always use these joints.
ADS animations:
tag_view
tag_torso
tag_ads

All other animations:
-in the outliner view ( the list ) scroll all the way down and look for: DefMesh:DefViewSkeleton, right click it and click: 'select set members'  keep these joints selected, and also select:
-ALL guns joints
-tag_ads

Export the animated model: ( i walways export it from the idle-position, not sure if that matters though )
-Again right click the  DefMesh:DefViewSkeleton, and click the  'select set members'. And also select:
-tag_view
-tag_ads
-1 random mesh ( otherwise it wont export the 'model', you can select any mesh you want, just need one )

That should work, hope it helps..
Date Registered: 30 July 2013
Last active: 3 weeks ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Zombie Enslaver
Primary Group
Community Scripter
My Groups
More
More
Ege115's Groups
Thanks for all the help everyone, I relized what I did wrong. As stevie and blunt said, you animate ads with tag_torso. What I did was animating that big box that is around the wepaon model. :lol:

I also want to thank @ElTitoPricus for showing me how to make ADS animations properly as well.
So I animated with tag_torso and it ended up great, thanks!

Loading ...