Respect
Forum Rank
Legless Crawler
Primary Group
My Contact & Social Links
More
rapto's Groups
rapto's Contact & Social Linksrapto-jp
May be impossible but I'm willing to try, I'd like to attach some barbwire to a specific zombie ai types arms and I have no clue how. Information regarding this task will be very helpful, thank you.
broken avatar :(
Date Registered: 9 August 2013
Last active: 5 years ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Zombie Enslaver
Primary Group
codmoddd1234's Groups
codmoddd1234's Contact & Social Links
Export zombie and apply toms bind file. Position barb wire mesh around arm joints and bind to only the selected joints. Rotate arms to be sure it looks good. Reimport and add to map.
Or
make small barb wire xmodel (12 inches) and attach to elbow and shoulder joints of all spawners with a certain kvp through script.
Ex
barbwire_spawners = getentarray ( "barbwire_spawners", "script_personality");
array_thread ( barbwire_spawners, ::add_spawn_function, ::attachbarbfunc);
Then any time a guy comes from the spawner it will thread "attachbarbfunc" and each zombie will be "self" within the function and you can add the barb wire and then delete it on death.
Date Registered: 25 May 2016
Last active: 7 years ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Legless Crawler
Primary Group
More
rapto's Groups
rapto's Contact & Social Linksrapto-jp
Export zombie and apply toms bind file. Position barb wire mesh around arm joints and bind to only the selected joints. Rotate arms to be sure it looks good. Reimport and add to map.
Or
make small barb wire xmodel (12 inches) and attach to elbow and shoulder joints of all spawners with a certain kvp through script.
Ex
barbwire_spawners = getentarray ( "barbwire_spawners", "script_personality");
array_thread ( barbwire_spawners, ::add_spawn_function, ::attachbarbfunc);
Then any time a guy comes from the spawner it will thread "attachbarbfunc" and each zombie will be "self" within the function and you can add the barb wire and then delete it on death.
Apply a toms bind file? So I export using Lime, then apply a bind file using what? Please elaborate. Would Blender be good?
Date Registered: 9 August 2013
Last active: 5 years ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Zombie Enslaver
Primary Group
codmoddd1234's Groups
codmoddd1234's Contact & Social Links
Watch a video about binding game characters or maya "paint weights". All your doing is adding another mesh to it.

I have no idea if blender plugins are still updated but they worked at one point. I mainly use Maya for codwaw and most of the forum members are using Maya.

If its a character from another cod game you will prob need to use a codwaw skeleton and manually bind the entire character and barbwire because different games have different skeletons.
Date Registered: 1 March 2013
Last active: 6 days ago
Respect
Forum Rank
The Decider
Primary Group
2015 Contest Winner
My Groups
More
More
Personal Quote
Caw caw caw
johndoe's Groups
Donator ♥ Benevolent Soul who has our eternal gratitude and exclusive access to betas and the donator section of the forum.
Community Mapper Has released one or more maps to the UGX-Mods community which have been added to the UGX Map Manager.
2015 Contest Winner
johndoe's Contact & Social Links-johndoemyc153
Motd zombie models have barbed wires around them. Guess you can just take them from them and paste them on another zombie model as long as they share the same joints.

Edit: if motd zombie models have the same joint structure as the one you currently use, just import both on maya, select the whole skeleton, your own zombie model and the barbed wire mesh from the motd zombie model.
Last Edit: May 01, 2017, 10:29:15 am by johndoe

Loading ...