UGX-Mods Login

or login with an authentication provider below
Sign In with Google
Sign In with Twitter
Sign In with Discord
Sign In with Steam
Sign In with Facebook
Sign In with Twitch

Anyone Know A Good Tutorial On How To Port Zombie Models?

HOT
broken avatar :(
Created 8 years ago
by oshawat750
Date Registered: 12 September 2013
Last active: 1 year ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Perk Hacker
Primary Group
Donator ♥
My Groups
More
My Contact & Social Links
More
Personal Quote
I make maps for fun, they are mostly crap.
Signature
Maps:
Unterwegs
Hello Kitty Remastered
Firing Range
oshawat750's Groups
Donator ♥ Benevolent Soul who has our eternal gratitude and exclusive access to betas and the donator section of the forum.
oshawat750's Contact & Social LinksOshawat750OshaPooOshawat750
Does anyone know of a good tutorial on how to port zombie models, like Brutus or a zombie model, from BO2 to WaW? I tried and I get weird errors. I am very new, and I am trying to use Maya 2014, and it is hard to do this when people have Maya 8.5
This topic contains a post which is marked as the Best Answer. Click here to view it.
Date Registered: 24 April 2013
Last active: 9 months ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Zombie Enslaver
Primary Group
Community Mapper
whippytrout's Groups
Community Mapper Has released one or more maps to the UGX-Mods community which have been added to the UGX Map Manager.
whippytrout's Contact & Social LinksWhippyTroutWhippyTrout
Hey oshawat750,

I may be able to help you out. I use Maya 8.5 and 2016 and used to use 2012 and all have worked for me. So what can I help you with? Is is getting the Cod Waw plugin working so you can export models from Maya or is it converting them in Asset Manager?

Just let me know I'm happy to help,

Whippy
Respect
Forum Rank
Perk Hacker
Primary Group
Donator ♥
My Groups
More
More
Personal Quote
oshawat750's Groups
Donator ♥ Benevolent Soul who has our eternal gratitude and exclusive access to betas and the donator section of the forum.
Hey oshawat750,

I may be able to help you out. I use Maya 8.5 and 2016 and used to use 2012 and all have worked for me. So what can I help you with? Is is getting the Cod Waw plugin working so you can export models from Maya or is it converting them in Asset Manager?

Just let me know I'm happy to help,

Whippy
Hey, thanks man. What I am trying to do is port the Avagadro from BO2. I exported on Lime and I converted everything in Asset Manager. I then joined the game, as I changed the some things to make the model spawn for a boss, and when it spawned, it said it went pass the 128 bones. So, how would I put it in Maya 2014 and get rid of some bones, and export it with the Cod Tools in Maya. I used Lime to get the models from BO2 btw
Respect
Forum Rank
Zombie Enslaver
Primary Group
Community Mapper
My Groups
More
More
whippytrout's Groups
Community Mapper Has released one or more maps to the UGX-Mods community which have been added to the UGX Map Manager.
Ok so if my memory serves me right I think you can just only select the bones you need and leave the others unselected then export it. Kind of like this: just unselect the weird facial joints and tags that aren't needed. You can use a normal zombie rig to compare the joints and tags. I just selected a few as an example.
Respect
Forum Rank
Perk Hacker
Primary Group
Donator ♥
My Groups
More
More
Personal Quote
oshawat750's Groups
Ok so if my memory serves me right I think you can just only select the bones you need and leave the others unselected then export it. Kind of like this: just unselect the weird facial joints and tags that aren't needed. You can use a normal zombie rig to compare the joints and tags. I just selected a few as an example. (Image removed from quote.)
Where is that tab? This is what mine looks like: http://imgur.com/gW2IMPE
Respect
Forum Rank
Zombie Enslaver
Primary Group
Community Mapper
My Groups
More
More
whippytrout's Groups
Where is that tab? This is what mine looks like: http://imgur.com/gW2IMPE

My bad, Click on the Windows menu at the top, then click Hypergraph: Hierarchy

Respect
Forum Rank
Perk Hacker
Primary Group
Donator ♥
My Groups
More
More
Personal Quote
oshawat750's Groups
How do you move around in the tab? I can only scroll in and out, and I just want to move up and down.
Respect
Forum Rank
Zombie Enslaver
Primary Group
Community Mapper
My Groups
More
More
whippytrout's Groups
How do you move around in the tab? I can only scroll in and out, and I just want to move up and down.

To move up/down and left/right hold Alt+MiddleMouseButton or in my case I click and hold Alt+my scroll wheel. To select things hold down Shift then click and drag the box over joints/tags or just hold Shift and select each one individually. You deselect the same way.
Respect
Forum Rank
Perk Hacker
Primary Group
Donator ♥
My Groups
More
More
Personal Quote
oshawat750's Groups
To move up/down and left/right hold Alt+MiddleMouseButton or in my case I click and hold Alt+my scroll wheel. To select things hold down Shift then click and drag the box over joints/tags or just hold Shift and select each one individually. You deselect the same way.
Okay, I selected the ones that seemed important on the list, and now what do I do in the window?
Respect
Forum Rank
Zombie Enslaver
Primary Group
Community Mapper
My Groups
More
More
whippytrout's Groups
Ok so these are the joints I would uncheck. Leave all the rest selected.

Once you have all those unselected you can export your model using the plugin. So just leave that window open and go up to the menu at the top and select the cod waw button and export your model. It will probably look like this:

Then you can convert it in Asset Manager and be good to go I hope.
Respect
Forum Rank
Perk Hacker
Primary Group
Donator ♥
My Groups
More
More
Personal Quote
oshawat750's Groups
Ok so these are the joints I would uncheck. Leave all the rest selected.
(Image removed from quote.)

Once you have all those unselected you can export your model using the plugin. So just leave that window open and go up to the menu at the top and select the cod waw button and export your model. It will probably look like this:

Then you can convert it in Asset Manager and be good to go I hope.
When I tried doing that, I clicked export and it said at 99% Warnings occurred during export. Check the script editor output for more details.
Last Edit: May 30, 2016, 11:21:01 pm by oshawat750
Respect
Forum Rank
Zombie Enslaver
Primary Group
Community Mapper
My Groups
More
More
whippytrout's Groups
Uum Here's a quick little gif to show you what I do. (keep in mind the joints I selected are not exact I just quickly selected some)

I'm also about to have to leave so If I dont respond for a few hours I'ts cause I had to leave. I'll check back with you later.  ;)
Respect
Forum Rank
Perk Hacker
Primary Group
Donator ♥
My Groups
More
More
Personal Quote
oshawat750's Groups
Uum Here's a quick little gif to show you what I do. (keep in mind the joints I selected are not exact I just quickly selected some)

I'm also about to have to leave so If I dont respond for a few hours I'ts cause I had to leave. I'll check back with you later.  ;)
When I tried doing that, I clicked export and it said at 99% Warnings occurred during export. Check the script editor output for more details. (I edited that a bit ago, so that's why it's repeated.)
Date Registered: 17 September 2014
Last active: 2 years ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Pack-a-Puncher
Primary Group
More
Personal Quote
W.I.P Rise & Fall
Krazzyboy97's Groups
Krazzyboy97's Contact & Social Links76561198105783700Krazzyboyxxkrazzyboy97xx
May I ask what model/models are you trying to use? might be able to help. Managed to port moon zombies and player models and viewhands to world at war without a problem"mostly blops 1 stuff". Depending on what models you want help with blops 2 i only have origins.
Respect
Forum Rank
Perk Hacker
Primary Group
Donator ♥
My Groups
More
More
Personal Quote
oshawat750's Groups
May I ask what model/models are you trying to use? might be able to help. Managed to port moon zombies and player models and viewhands to world at war without a problem"mostly blops 1 stuff". Depending on what models you want help with blops 2 i only have origins.
Well, right now I am trying to port the Castro model from BO1 from Five, and I also want to port the Avogadro from Transhit, cause he looks cool. (I wonder if someone could maybe make him electric, cuz I am not good at scripting)

Loading ...