UGX-Mods Login

or login with an authentication provider below
Sign In with Google
Sign In with Twitter
Sign In with Discord
Sign In with Steam
Sign In with Facebook
Sign In with Twitch

[BO1] How to change zombie running speeds?

broken avatar :(
Created 7 years ago
by Anomalous13
Date Registered: 27 July 2017
Last active: 3 years ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Legless Crawler
Primary Group
Anomalous13's Groups
Anomalous13's Contact & Social Links
Hi, I was checking out this mod for BO1 Shi No Numa: http://ugx-mods.com/forum/index.php/topic,10879.0.html
Which allows you to change zombie running speeds, for example having fast sprinters on round 1.

I modified zombiemode.gsc to include this:
Code Snippet
Plaintext
        level.scr_anim["zombie"]["sprint1"] = %ai_zombie_fast_sprint_01;
level.scr_anim["zombie"]["sprint2"] = %ai_zombie_fast_sprint_02;
level.scr_anim["zombie"]["sprint3"] = %ai_zombie_fast_sprint_01;
level.scr_anim["zombie"]["sprint4"] = %ai_zombie_fast_sprint_02;

But it seems the sprinting animation needs to be ported into the other maps. Would anyone happen to know how to do this, or just implement the zombie sprinting feature into other maps?
Pragmatist
Date Registered: 9 May 2015
Last active: 8 months ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Perk Hacker
Primary Group
UGX Site Moderator
My Groups
More
My Contact & Social Links
More
Personal Quote
Fish. That is all
Signature
Sidzzz's Groups
UGX Site Moderator Has the ability to issue warnings to users, edit and remove posts from the forum and to move topics to other boards. Upholds the rules of the forum. Moderates Chat Rooms.
Sidzzz's Contact & Social LinkssidzzzzzzS1dzzzS1dzzzSidzzzSidTheGamer126
You are not allowed to modify someone else's work without their explicit permission.

Edit: I'm sorry, just noticed you were only using it as a reference to find out something else.
But regardless, it is not appreciated when you open and look through someone else's work.
Last Edit: August 11, 2017, 02:13:59 am by Sidzzz
Date Registered: 31 January 2015
Last active: 3 years ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Legless Crawler
Primary Group
withmorten's Groups
withmorten's Contact & Social Links
But regardless, it is not appreciated when you open and look through someone else's work.

I don't get this. If they didn't want their work looked at, they shouldn't post it online. Or do work somewhere where the released work doesn't include the "source code".

Using others' work without their permission and publishing mods including it is obviously not okay, but just *looking* at it, trying to understand it is not okay? How would anybody ever get anywhere if that was true? This is *exactly* how learning to mod works. Look at what somebody else does to get a general idea and then learn how to do it (and more) yourself.

Apart from the fact of course that the referenced mod uses code from files that weren't published in the BO1 mod tools but extracted from the fast files ... which is basically looking through someones elses work without permission.

Modding needs to be open, otherwise it won't get very far. Just look at the way the companies that made N64 emulators back then were closed source (and went under) - we *still* don't have decent N64 emulation, at least not in the way PS2 or Wii has.

And just look at how Activision never releasing radiant for BO1 has effectively made BO1 modding never get off the ground the way WaW did.

Loading ...