or login with an authentication provider below
Sign In with Google
Sign In with Twitter
Sign In with Discord
Sign In with Steam
Sign In with Facebook
Sign In with Twitch

Show Posts

This section allows you to view all posts made by this member. Note that you can only see posts made in areas you currently have access to.

Messages - tylerandmoroll

Well I wasn't aiming for a black ops code, I just figured it was simple edit in the script. Didn't think teleportation was entirely different between the games. And thanks BluntStuffy, I tried searching but I guess I should've been more specific.
9 years ago
This is the reason World at War is still an amazing game even after 7 years.  Well done UGX team. This is quite impressive. Can't wait for the UGX 1.1 Standalone!
9 years ago
Just a simple question. I'd like to do a thing like in Kino Der Toten where wherever you teleport (like the pack a punch room), you can be there for a certain amount of time before you teleport back. I assume I'd just change a timer for the code of it, but I can't seem to find that code in the UGX files or anywhere really. Any help is appreciated.
9 years ago
Ahhh then yup there was my issue. It's all good. Either way, thanks for helping! Once I start making Der Riese style maps I'll start using your perks.
9 years ago
Shoot, I just missed ya. Had to get some sleep. Anyway, so I didn't compile the patch this time and really thought that was it, but sadly still nothing xc.  Here's exactly what I do after saving my map in radiant to give you a better idea ..

-Compile my maps patch then the normal file (didn't do the patch thus last time because of what you said)
-Then, go to my mod builder tab and build an FF of my map and the ugx mod.
-Next, I open the CoD project mover and select the mod.ff for my map and also the mod.ff for ugx_mod
-I rename my maps mod.ff to "localized_nazi_zombie_test2.ff"
-Then I hit move files and save the .cpm to my maps folder.

I feel so close to solving this xD and I dont know if it makes a difference but I used the localized file you provided from the folder "FF with quotes" 
9 years ago
Alright so I got another error but I started thinking that I've used this test map a lot and there could be issues that are conflicting with what was just added. So I made a test 2 map and I also re-downloaded the updated file of your perks and re added it to the new map. After doing everything said in instructions, the map did load! However, all the models are the 4 original perks (shi no numa style) and going near them, I get that hand symbol again.
9 years ago
Ahh, well I decided to use yours since it seemed most appealing to me. I'm using a couple BO2 Perks on a test map I've made and had a few errors pop up but was able to fix them. The one I'm stuck on right now, is this..

Server script compile error
unknown function
"self thread maps\_zombiemode_perks::harrybo21_perks_give_perk( stuff.perk_inventory[ i ] );"
9 years ago
Thanks guys! I'm still new to scripting and such but I'll add that line and try out the updated versions.
9 years ago
In my map I want to add more. I like having extras to make it more appealing. So, at the least I'd like to add BO1 Perks. I would like BO2 Perks as well, but I found them more difficult to at the least just appear in radiant let alone get them all working properly. I've downloaded BamSkater's black ops machines and in radiant along with the actual game, the models appear fine with no errors. My issue, is that when I walk up to them there's just a hand with a circle around it. I assumed it was because it didn't have the KVP "zombie_cost" but that wasn't the issue. Any help is appreciated, thank you!
9 years ago
I assume you have a door or debris leading into the next zone? If so, make sure the trigger for that door or debris has the KvP script_flag / enter_zone_2 and for the next zone it would be enter_zone_3. Make sure that this is added in your map's gsc file too. It should look something like this in the file under the dlc3 zone init();..

add_adjacent_zone ("start_zone", "zone_2", "enter_zone_2");
add_adjacent_zone ("zone_2", "zone_3", "enter_zone_3");

The only other answer I could think of, is to make sure nothing else is highlighted in radiant. Once that's done, highlight your door or debris, and then highlight the zombie. Once they're both highlighted hit "w" and make sure to start with the door first then the zombie second. This will target the zombies to spawn once you've bought your entrance in. Hope this helps.
9 years ago
What worked for me..

1- Do whatever in radiant for your map, save it and compile it [I usually do patch first, then the map]
2- Once those are done, build your map and the ugx mod's fastfiles. Make sure it succeeds.
3- Open CoD Project Mover and select your maps "mod.ff" and change it "localized_nazi_zombie_(yourmap).ff" hit enter.
4- Then add the ugx "mod.ff" from it's folder and hit Move Files. It should say it moved 2 files without errors.
5- This is optional, but usually I wait for the text to disappear before I save it. But either way, once it's done, save it to your map's mod folder in the activision mod directory and name it "nazi_zombie_yourmap.cpm" and save.

That should work. If not, try watching treminaor's tutorial on youtube on how to add UGX to your map. Had this error happen a lot and I restarted and watched his video. Worked fine for me.
9 years ago
Had this problem a lot. What ended up being the solution was building both your maps .ff, and the ugx.ff files in the mod builder tab. After they both completely finished, I opened up CoD Project Mover, went into my maps folder and selected the "mod.ff" and renamed it to "localized_nazi_zombie_[yourmapname].ff" hit enter, then selected the "mod.ff" in the ugx folder. After I hit "Move Files" in the top bar I made sure it always said "Moved: 2 files" and then waited till that text went away before saving it. I basically just explained the steps to it, but my problem was I always built my maps .ff and the ugx.ff separately causing that weird alien text. Hope this helps! If you're not too far into making the map, you could try doing restarting, and then following treminaor's tutorial on youtube. Worked perfectly for me. 
9 years ago
Still new to mapping and what not, and I have the UGX Mod down and am able to play with that fine. I decided to convert back to original world at war for the weapons and perks. I followed the Installation guide provided by UGX to switch back and so far it seems to work fine. However, upon trying to launch my map, it doesn't launch. Doesn't even load. I've compiled both my IWD and .FF files for the map and moved them. The game just starts up normal and the console won't load it.
9 years ago
Title basically says it, when previewing the sun in Radiant, my map becomes laggy and everything is pitch black. Although when selecting the actual lights placed around, I can preview them and see how much light they give off, but everything else is just dark.
9 years ago
Got it all working now, just went through all the steps again. Thanks for the help!
9 years ago
Loading ...