or login with an authentication provider below
Sign In with Google
Sign In with Twitter
Sign In with Discord
Sign In with Steam
Sign In with Facebook
Sign In with Twitch

Show Posts

This section allows you to view all posts made by this member. Note that you can only see posts made in areas you currently have access to.

Messages - tannnnnaiirrr

'Ported' from where?
I used the wrong terminology. I just took the image from the waw files and added a gold tint to it.
9 years ago
So I ported a custom texture, it is just a gold version of the original pap version. But for some reason, it is a little bit more blurry and doesn't have the same kind of shine even though I added specular map too it. And the image size is the same as the original, so help would be appreciated
9 years ago
The easiest way is to log in through an admin account.
Did you install the .NET framework versions shown in the link?
Well I have the only account on my PC anyways, so it is admin. And do I need to do all of them in order?

EDIT: I just did everything the directions say and it still doesn't fucking work
9 years ago
Try this it worked for me i was having a similair problem.

http://wiki.modsrepository.com/index.php?title=Call_of_Duty_5:_Fixing_Asset_Manager
I can't seem to figure out how to make myself administrator over the entire folder...
9 years ago
I have tried EVERY solution people have given me to try to get asset manager to work.

Here are the problems:
1- Asset manager will not launch from launcher. It gives error saying FAILED TO EXECUTE: asset_manager.
2- If I open it from bin or anywhere else, it opens just fine. But when I go to files and click on "open" or "new" it just stops responding immediately.
3- I have gotten to the point once where I was actually ready to convert. And just as I got exited, when I converted my texture/material it force closed. (Yes, I was doing everything correctly) 

The things I tried to fix this:
1- Reinstalled mod tools (obviously). [I have done with many times with different downloads as well]
2- Reinstalled asset manager alone.
3- Ran as administrator.
4- Made sure it wasn't "read only".
5- Ran it on Windows Service Pack 3.
6- Ran it on windows Service Pack 3 and Administrator combined.

I need help. Any other solutions out there?
10 years ago
Pretty sure you could just do giveMaxAmmo("weapon") instead.
what script does that go into?
10 years ago
Is there a way I can make that when a max ammo is picked up, it refills the players clip alongside the reserved ammo?
10 years ago
So I recently just got some bo1 viewhands, and I was wondering (before I implement them) that they will properly work with CoD 4 weapons. So that the guns don't bug out
10 years ago
Usually a specular map is a black and white image of the colour map, which has the whiter parts more reflective in game.
thank you!
10 years ago
It needs to be modified + it needs to always be tga, otherwise it gives out error. Cant remember on how specs work, but it needs to be different
I know  it needs to be a .tga, but I think it needs to be "embossed?" Does that sound correct?
10 years ago
So I'm porting a custom texture, and I already have it all set up. But I want it to have a spec map otherwise it won't look good.  So when I'm in asset manager and I need to select "speculate map" do I just need to use the same picture file? Or do I need some kind of modified version of that picture to give it a good shine?
10 years ago
I really wanna learn how to create a camo/material that scrolls, and has a specular map-reflection to it... how can I do this?
10 years ago
So I ported a couple guns that use specular map images. But, as some of you already know, specular map on ported weapons looks ugly as hell sometimes. I tried deleting the spec map images, but it just seemed to have corrupt my xmodels and such. So is there any way I can remove the spec map images without corrupting anything? And without just turning specular map off in the options? Thanks!
10 years ago
Since these are made for COD4, you have to go to xmodelparts/xmodelsurfs and delete the first letter of both the viewmodel and worldmodel, and edit the weapon file to use the waw stuff, like the knife models, knife animations. etc
Ohhhh ok, thanks!! But do I also do this for xmodelsurfs and xmodelparts, etc?

EDIT: Yes, you do. Thanks!
10 years ago
So with EVERY single gun I have gotten from CFG factory, (I am getting them from cod 4 custom models section) isn't working. I physically went to every image and material and copy and pasted them all directly into my raw folder, but the xmodels dont even appear in asset viewer, as if they don't work. Am I missing something here? Help would be appreciated, thanks!
10 years ago
Loading ...