or login with an authentication provider below
Sign In with Google
Sign In with Twitter
Sign In with Discord
Sign In with Steam
Sign In with Facebook
Sign In with Twitch

Show Posts

This section allows you to view all posts made by this member. Note that you can only see posts made in areas you currently have access to.

Messages - kaizokuroof

Here you go bud - You could edit this script easily enough for what you're wanting :)

http://ugx-mods.com/forum/index.php/topic,13225.0.html
8 years ago
Maybe you could show a picture of your map in the radiant editor? Could it be the light is not inside of the box and thus you can't see the light?
8 years ago
You didn't make the clip on the door a static navmesh did you? In the properties of the clip? Are you moving the door and the clip? in the trigger?
8 years ago
Hi There,

I have some basic knowledge when it comes to scripting, but I'm not really all that great. The error though, seems to be that you're calling a variable that isn't initialised. So you're calling 'origin' but you haven't set origin in the script anywhere.

Uninitialized local variable 'origin'

It's here:

rotation_vector = origin.script_vector;

Maybe it should be rotation_origin.script_vector; so that you're calling the entity that you wanna grab the origin from. So basically it's saying "Hey bro, this is my origin.Now change to script vector" or something like that; I haven't watched the tutorial and I do find it pretty hard to go through the code, so apologies if this is wrong. Worth a try maybe :D but I'm pretty sure that's where your problem lies.
8 years ago
I had a chance to try out this map, find all the bottles, which btw were pretty damn hard to find. (I didn't realise you could buy through the outside tunnel system).

The lighting makes it a little hard to see zombies IMO and I dislike that the starting weapon is changed, but I had a fair bit of fun with this map. Will probably play it again with some buds.

I found it pretty easy to get overwhelemed and up the back corner of the table rooms, there is a section which you can walk over and the zombies fully switch which side they're running too essentially making them run around the table indefinitely, if you walk back and forth over this invisible line. Not sure if intentional or not.
8 years ago
Hey all,

Just wondering if anyone has ideas where to start about making something similar to the monorail system in the First Bo3 map.
Nothing fancy, just a simple model that would follow a line across a gap that could be activated by purchasing. Maybe with a weapon in the cabin. Is this feasible in the current scripting model and if so, are their any tutorials or resources relating to this where I could look to, besides the documentation?

I realise it's not such a trivial feature, but any help would be much appreciated.

8 years ago
Yeah, looks pretty cool. Are you going to keep it as a daytime map or darken it up a bit?
8 years ago
Ah fair enough - I don't think that's too slow at all, it can be pretty time consuming doing some of the tasks, especially if you're a perfectionist.

One question, I've played this a couple times with some buds, but we can't find Speed Cola/Sleight of Hand perk. Is it available at all?  Also, we tried finding obvious glitches, with clipping etc but I couldn't find any.

I have to say, the box spawn is such a death trap though :D
8 years ago
Just so you're aware, if you do this, all of these zones will become active at the start of the game, allowing zombies to spawn in unopened areas.

Really? I haven't had this problem. I had a problem where by even if the zones were touching, none but the start_zone (which is included in the array) was working and I would die instantly when entering the additional zone.

When I added them, it was fine - The zombies spawned where I wanted them to spawn and each zone became active when I bought/activated the zone I was trying to.

The exception to this, was that Risers targeting flesh would spawn in zones that I didn't want active and I ended up changing my map to accommodate this, as I couldn't figure out why. Perhaps this is why? But it still doesn't explain the zombies targeting windows working.
8 years ago
If you have models on your map that are static, for example a table. A chair, or whatever! if you have a clip brush over this object, so that players/zombies can bump into it, then you'll also need to set the clip to static nav_mesh (static means it won't move)

Not sure if there is a dynamic version, for moving platforms or other objects, but this has fixed the issues for me.

To change the above - Simply Click on your clip brush - Open your entity info window. In the Navmesh heading, look for static_navmesh and tick "True".

Hope this helps.
8 years ago
Thanks for the helpful responses guy =)
I did play the DLC maps, not as much as Kino or Tranzit, as I found myself coming back to them for some reason. I did enjoy Moon and  Buried too, but many of the other maps didn't strike a cord with me.

I should reiterate though, I mean all I am really after is some help making some sort of transport between zones/places. A remake would be sweet, but recreating all the assets would be a huge pain.
8 years ago
I really like the placement of the power-ups. The Pack-A-Punch in the ruble is one of those things that really add to the map and while it is such a small thing, it really adds to the overall tone of the map, in my opinion.

The detailing is also very good - There aren't any rooms that I saw when I played that felt as if they were just stuck onto the map as a spawn point - All the zombies come from an inaccessible room and that sort of thing, which is super cool.

How long did it take you, if you don't mind me asking?

8 years ago
This looks super cool! I already downloaded it on the steam workshop. Props for taking the time to screenshot it and congratulations on your first map. Well done!
8 years ago
Hey buds,

I might cop a lot of flack for this, but Tranzit is hands down my favorite black ops map to date. It's even better than Kino De Toten, although Kino comes very close. So many options on how to play the map and so many cool secrets, it really helped shape what Blops 3 maps have become (although to be honest, I'm not a big fan of the Blops3 maps, except maybe Shadow and the Giant remake).

While I'm still VERY new to mapping/modding, I'd be interested to know if any one has plans on working on a Tranzit remake. I've seen some yourtube clips of a driveable tranzit bus, but I'm not really interested in that, I really liked the self driving bus and the set route, though it would be cool to add a twist and throw in an alternate route or two.

I've done a little bit of searching, but can't find any plans to recreate this. Is this even possible to recreate in the state of the current tools? Any long time modders/scripters willing to share with me how hard this task might actually be, or any resources/tutorials that could help me make at least something similar? It might be cool to try to make a similar map, not even a remake with stops that players could get on and off.

I've got a tiny bit of coding experience, working in GMS and a few other scripting langs, like batch and bash, but I'm not super competent. Anyways, if any of you can help me with the above, let me know or if this is likely impossible. And if you are remaking it, please let me know in any way I can assist. I can create textures or something, even very small I'd be happy to help.

cheers.
8 years ago
First of all - Thanks for releasing your script! Second of all, is this script just counting the zombies that have spawned? So it's max number would be that of 24 (the total possible instances of zombies on a map at one time).

Not a true representation of the zombies to go?

Snippy

I tried replacing your code, but it did not work for me?
8 years ago
Loading ...