or login with an authentication provider below
Sign In with Google
Sign In with Twitter
Sign In with Discord
Sign In with Steam
Sign In with Facebook
Sign In with Twitch

Show Posts

This section allows you to view all posts made by this member. Note that you can only see posts made in areas you currently have access to.

Messages - iBarnett

So I have decided that my computer is beyond messed as well as my mod tools.
The question is when I completely delete everything to do with Cod waw (game,mod tools,mods...) and then reinstall everything (even downloaded new. Zips of all the mod tools and patches) with just everything freshly new and installed. it still is able to load my radaint preferences, all programs are already set to administer and unticked read only already like I never deleted anything.   HOW AND WHY???
How do I completely completely delete everything to do with waw like it never existed on my pc. Cuz even after a fresh install I still have problems with linker_pc.exe not being able to keep up and just stopping without a reason and no errors in launchers console.
Still no map can compile or build a mod.
9 years ago
Hey. So I'm super close to being done with all the zoning/zombie spawns/pathnodes kinda thing and have played and tested it a crazy amount of time making sure it all runs smoothly with solid game play.
but since I made it I'm sure I'm over looking things and would like 3-5 SOLID mappers/good zombie players to take a look over my map and just check the zones, pathing, zombie spawns and just over all game play. ITS NOT A BETA. No guns or perks yet.

Pm if your interested and I'll get back to you once I have the zones done

-iBarnett
9 years ago
I don't think there is a limit. As you know, zoning goes:
trigger (script)>zone>spawner

The trigger sets the flag
The zone makes its spawners available for spawning and checks when a player is in it.
The spawner either spawns or has a riser struct(s) to spawn from when  player is within 3 active zones and it is selected for spawning

So it really is as simple as that. deadra's third comment should have fixed your issue. Did you change the trigger script_flag, and the add adjacent flag when you did it? You can make that anything you want, as you may have noticed if you read those links I sent you. The script just waits to see that flag set, which happens when you activate the triggers to open the door. It then makes those zones available for spawning and adjacent to each other. Once you have those correct, if something spawns in an un-opened area, your kvps are messed up. 100 percent of the time. I don't mind looking at your radiant files, but I will not be able to until later tonight, about 11 hours from now.
sounds good.
9 years ago
Well that can be frustrating. I think this is more of a communication issue. The answers are here for your questions, we are just not communicating well. Perhaps some other methods would help. Here are two links of two other ways I tried to help others with zones. Not that you don't know zones, just that this may turn a light bulb on for you?

http://www.zombiemodding.com/index.php?topic=18347.msg163192#msg163192

http://ugx-mods.com/forum/index.php/topic,6590.msg71944.html#msg71944
I think miscommunication is the culprit here. I don't think we're thinking on the same level. Or I just can't comprehend what you guys are saying. But i have made a working compile with the issue and maybe one of you could run through it with me so I can actually show you what's going on or send you my radiant files?  This is driving me crazy.... Be easier to just make that whole part one zone instead of 27. Just be boring with zombies spawning to far away. Maybe I just have to many zones in one small area?  Cuz i figured my whole map on paper first to get my zones and total there will be 43 is there a limit?
9 years ago
Sorry guys but it just doesn't work. Pretty sure I know how the triggers work. As I have 20+ doors leading to zones. And in my map this is actually zone 23.  I know how zones work... This particular zone Is just acting weird. So I get that both zones are bring called because 2 zones go into one.
I just want to know how?  I get I have the issue but how do I slove it? I tired changing it to zone16b like daedra said but it didn't work it just did the same as before but also gave me a dead zone.

How do you Wright in the Gsc for 2 zones entering into the same zone. That all I what to know.

Like verruct from treyarch both start areas lead to power. What would verructs Gsc for adjacent zones look like if anyone knows?
9 years ago
So i ran into this zoning issue again. I made a picture showing my issue.

SO its just a basic map with a start_zone with 2 exits leading to Z1 and Z5. lets say if i go down though Z1 then Z2 then Z3 and finally to Z4.  for my trigger kvp's for the doors leading into Z4 (so doorZ3 and doorZ5 let say) have the kvp script_flag  emter_Z4. thats for both doors because they lead into the same zone.
Ok so back to going down Z1 path and enter into Z4. every things fine except for zombies spawn in Z5 without the door being bought. Now if i head back to start_zone and head into Z7 then into Z6 and finally into Z5 (withough buying the last door back to Z4) its just a dead zone now and the round never starts.
But if i do the whole thing in reverse so Start_zone to Z7 and all the way through it ALL works perfect.

there has to be a way to have to seperate ways leading to the same zone.

what i would make the zone info for the mapnane.gsc

add_adjacent_zone( "start_zone",      "Z1",   "enter_Z1" );
   add_adjacent_zone( "start_zone",      "Z7",   "enter_Z7" );
        add_adjacent_zone( "Z1",      "Z2",   "enter_Z2" );
   add_adjacent_zone( "Z2",      "Z3",   "enter_Z3" );
   add_adjacent_zone( "Z3",      "Z4",   "enter_Z4" );
   add_adjacent_zone( "Z7",      "Z6",   "enter_Z6" );
   add_adjacent_zone( "Z6",      "Z5",   "enter_Z5" );
        add_adjacent_zone( "Z5",      "Z4",   "enter_Z4" );

9 years ago
No, thats the notify string which can be practically anything as long as a trigger has the same script_flag.

Did i say script_string before? i meant script_flag i think. Its been a while since i actually did a zombie map lol.

K giving it a try now. just compiling and then ill let you know if i did it.  thanks again.

Double Post Merge: September 07, 2015, 11:23:59 pm
No, thats the notify string which can be practically anything as long as a trigger has the same script_flag.

Did i say script_string before? i meant script_flag i think. Its been a while since i actually did a zombie map lol.

So that didnt work the zombies still spawned in zone15 when going though zone11 to zone16. but if i went the bottom route towards zone16 everthing was fine untill i bought the door from zone15 to zone16. i started the round in zone16 and the round never began ( think its because i named it zone16B ) .  so i think i'll just make it only accessable from the bottom trigger so zone16 to zone11.
9 years ago
Just do:

Code Snippet
Plaintext
  add_adjacent_zone( "zone11",      "zone16",   "enter_zone16" );  
   add_adjacent_zone( "zone15",      "zone16",   "enter_zone16B" );

and on the trigger in zone 15 going into zone 16:

Code Snippet
Plaintext
script_string : enter_zone16B

This will stop both zones being activated since they both have different notify strings, zone11 to zone16 = enter_zone16 and zone15 to zone16 = enter_zone16B.
and it dosnt matter that there actually isnt a zone16B?  i give it a go and let you know  Thanks man!
9 years ago
Just trying to so the issue

https://youtu.be/K1aPC1o5UKg

Double Post Merge: September 07, 2015, 05:43:47 pm
For zones its the third argument in the  add_adjacent_zone() function:

Code Snippet
Plaintext
  add_adjacent_zone("<zone1> , "<zone2>", "<Notify string from the entity when its used>"

When you buy a blocker with a script_flag, a message gets sent out to the script notifying it to unlock the zones.

So, when you have two zones using enter_zone16, both zones 11 and 15 are activated because they share the same notify string and therefor are being activated when you buy a blocker with that script_flag.
Ok im pretty sure i get what your saying. i'll change zone16 to say zonebob. have to get this down cuz im going to run into it about 3 times in just this one building

EDIT: still dont get it. if i change zone16 to zonebob i still would say enter_zonebob going from zone11 or zone 15 which would say enter_zonebob twice.. sorry man dont quite get it.

If i cant get it i'll just make it buyable from the bottom way since it works if you go that way.
9 years ago
If you have more than one notify string used as the third argument then it will activate those zones as well. Give it a unique name instead.

[/quote] Sorry probably a no0b question but whats a notify string and why is causing that issue?? sorry scripting is NOT my thing at all.  would i change zone 15 to a new name or zone 16?
9 years ago
Hey people I am having a zoning issue in my map.
I have a building with quite a few zones it in with certain zones that have multi zones touching.  but for some reason when I open door to a specific zone it will trigger the adjacent zone to spawn zombies when the area isnt open yet from buying the blocker

add_adjacent_zone( "start_zone",      "zone1",   "enter_zone1" );
   add_adjacent_zone( "zone1",      "zone2",   "enter_zone2" );
   add_adjacent_zone( "zone2",      "zone3",   "enter_zone3" );
   add_adjacent_zone( "zone3",      "zone4",   "enter_zone4" );
   add_adjacent_zone( "zone4",      "zone6",   "enter_zone6" );
   add_adjacent_zone( "zone4",      "zone7",   "enter_zone7" );
   add_adjacent_zone( "zone7",      "zone9",   "enter_zone9" );
   add_adjacent_zone( "zone6",      "zone8",   "enter_zone8" );
   add_adjacent_zone( "zone6",      "zone10",   "enter_zone10" );
   add_adjacent_zone( "zone4",      "zone11",   "enter_zone11" );
   add_adjacent_zone( "zone11",      "zone12",   "enter_zone12" );
   add_adjacent_zone( "zone12",      "zone13",   "enter_zone13" );
   add_adjacent_zone( "zone13",      "zone14",   "enter_zone14" );
   add_adjacent_zone( "zone14",      "zone15",   "enter_zone15" );
   add_adjacent_zone( "zone11",      "zone16",   "enter_zone16" );    < this zone! when buying the door it will
   add_adjacent_zone( "zone15",      "zone16",   "enter_zone16" );       open up zone 16 but zombies spawn
   add_adjacent_zone( "zone16",      "zone17",   "enter_zone17" );       in zone 15 as well without the blocker
   add_adjacent_zone( "zone17",      "zone18",   "enter_zone18" );       being bought.

Do I have to do multi adjacent zone for the same zone?
 eg.    add_adjacent_zone( "zone11",      "zone16",   "enter_zone16" );
         add_adjacent_zone( "zone16",      "zone11",   "enter_zone11" );

Also the trigger on the door leading to zone 16 haas the kvp's script_flag enter_zone16. does it need another script_flag
saying scripot_flag enter_zone11.
And the door/blocker is buyable from both sides since it can be accessed from both ways depending on the route takin in the building.
thanks   -iBarnett
9 years ago
Well thanks for clearing up some info...at least it compiled again for me well at least for a week till launcher decides to pooch out again.
Thanks again to the people trying to help it is muchly appreciated!!
9 years ago
huh great! love problems that dont have an exact answer.

since its an .exe (linker_pc.exe) would be help to have it run though compatibility mode for xp service and as admin?
9 years ago
That sounds like, if you generally didn't change anything, it was a memory issue where the linker_pc.exe didn't have enough memory to run, but usually there is a specific error for that. Oh well. xD
Is there a way to allocate more memory to linker_pc.exe?
9 years ago
sure, i can give it a go. PM me.

Edit: or add me on skype. "live:progamerzftw"

So like i said this has happened before. And it just fixed it self over time.

Well after trying to compile it about 15 times it worked..... cant explain why. didnt change a thing.
https://gyazo.com/4298bc84952c98851ea40f3c5f09e9dc

dont know what to tell you but i'll still send you the files if you want to look at them maybe see something that might be causing the issue
9 years ago
Loading ...