Primary Group
Donator ♥
My Groups
More
My Contact & Social Links
More
Signature
IHammY/'s Groups
Donator ♥ Benevolent Soul who has our eternal gratitude and exclusive access to betas and the donator section of the forum.
so i have been playing around with the worldspawn settings in my map and there happen to be weird spots of light (didnt put any light in radiant there :O) and also the normal maps are alot more intense.
please help i cant se myself fixing that :O
broken avatar :(
Former UGX Co-Founder
Date Registered: 24 June 2011
Last active: 1 year ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Mr. Elemental
Primary Group
UGX Co-Founder
My Groups
More
More
Signature
W1NG3D's Groups
Donator ♥ Benevolent Soul who has our eternal gratitude and exclusive access to betas and the donator section of the forum.
UGX Co-Founder
Use some stock worldspawn settings from another map if you've messed up the lighting in your own, then just make minor tweaks here and there to change the appearance. The weird lighting "spotlight" effects are usually caused by a lack of ambient lighting and/or direct sunlight so try adjusting those values a bit until the lights go away. Also ensure your lightgrid is properly set up as well as reflection probes in all the right places.
Date Registered: 5 April 2013
Last active: 3 months ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Mr. Elemental
Primary Group
Donator ♥
My Groups
More
More
IHammY/'s Groups
ty :) well the lack of lighting should be the problem but that would make it nearly impossible to create a entirely dark map wouldnt it?
also whats causing the textures to go all that weird?

the wordspawn didnt seem to change them
Last Edit: August 05, 2013, 03:17:31 pm by IHammY/
  • DeletedUser
  • Deleted Member
DeletedUser
This user is deleted :(
reset the worldspawn settings and in map.gsc add setdvar("r_contrast","yourvalue"); and setdvar("r_brightness","yourvalue"); to adjust the lightning in your map
[UGX] Founder
Date Registered: 24 June 2011
Last active: 8 months ago
Respect
6,691Add +1
Forum Rank
Immortal
Primary Group
UGX Administrator
My Groups
More
More
Signature
If Java had true garbage collection, most programs would delete themselves upon execution.
treminaor's Groups
UGX Administrator
UGX Team Member
UGX Site Moderator Has the ability to issue warnings to users, edit and remove posts from the forum and to move topics to other boards. Upholds the rules of the forum. Moderates Chat Rooms.
Don't use any textures that end with the suffix _wet in Radiant. They appear splotchy in-game.
Respect
Forum Rank
Mr. Elemental
Primary Group
Donator ♥
My Groups
More
More
IHammY/'s Groups
ok i managed to fix it by changing deffusefraction to 0.2 instead of 1 i dont even know why i did it that way  :derp:
btw another question is, if it is possible to have bright light outside but everything inside being really dark. the way i tried it (turning up the sunlight) just made everything bright
Last Edit: August 05, 2013, 06:25:35 pm by IHammY/
  • DeletedUser
  • Deleted Member
DeletedUser
This user is deleted :(
Youll probably want to set higher contrast. That helps a lot if you want your map to be bright outside and dark inside.
Add setdvar("r_contrast","yourvalue"); to your level gsc file and lemme know if it worked (1 is normal contrast and max value is 4) I would prefer setting it to 1.2 or 1.3
EDIT: Or make a custom vision file using the tutorial on the wiki. The only value to set will be r_filmContrast or something like that and it probably behaves the same way as it does as a console command
Respect
Forum Rank
Mr. Elemental
Primary Group
Donator ♥
My Groups
More
More
IHammY/'s Groups
Youll probably want to set higher contrast. That helps a lot if you want your map to be bright outside and dark inside.
Add setdvar("r_contrast","yourvalue"); to your level gsc file and lemme know if it worked (1 is normal contrast and max value is 4) I would prefer setting it to 1.2 or 1.3
EDIT: Or make a custom vision file using the tutorial on the wiki. The only value to set will be r_filmContrast or something like that and it probably behaves the same way as it does as a console command

thanks for the help :) well i was just woundering because the map isnt anywhere near to get released at the moment so well se how i want it to be if it is ready

Loading ...