UGX-Mods

Call of Duty 5: World at War => Help Desk => Mapping => Topic started by: IHammY/ on August 05, 2013, 10:03:04 am

Title: weird spotlights
Post by: IHammY/ on August 05, 2013, 10:03:04 am
so i have been playing around with the worldspawn settings in my map and there happen to be weird spots of light (didnt put any light in radiant there :O) and also the normal maps are alot more intense.
please help i cant se myself fixing that :O
Title: Re: weird spotlights
Post by: W1NG3D on August 05, 2013, 10:53:38 am
Use some stock worldspawn settings from another map if you've messed up the lighting in your own, then just make minor tweaks here and there to change the appearance. The weird lighting "spotlight" effects are usually caused by a lack of ambient lighting and/or direct sunlight so try adjusting those values a bit until the lights go away. Also ensure your lightgrid is properly set up as well as reflection probes in all the right places.
Post by: IHammY/ on August 05, 2013, 02:43:59 pm
ty :) well the lack of lighting should be the problem but that would make it nearly impossible to create a entirely dark map wouldnt it?
also whats causing the textures to go all that weird?
(http://gyazo.com/4af8514851e010ae54e7d4ea2f3978af.png)
the wordspawn didnt seem to change them
Post by: DeletedUser on August 05, 2013, 03:53:19 pm
reset the worldspawn settings and in map.gsc add setdvar("r_contrast","yourvalue"); and setdvar("r_brightness","yourvalue"); to adjust the lightning in your map
Post by: treminaor on August 05, 2013, 05:34:00 pm
Don't use any textures that end with the suffix _wet in Radiant. They appear splotchy in-game.
Post by: IHammY/ on August 05, 2013, 06:24:01 pm
ok i managed to fix it by changing deffusefraction to 0.2 instead of 1 i dont even know why i did it that way  :derp:
btw another question is, if it is possible to have bright light outside but everything inside being really dark. the way i tried it (turning up the sunlight) just made everything bright
Post by: DeletedUser on August 05, 2013, 06:32:06 pm
Youll probably want to set higher contrast. That helps a lot if you want your map to be bright outside and dark inside.
Add setdvar("r_contrast","yourvalue"); to your level gsc file and lemme know if it worked (1 is normal contrast and max value is 4) I would prefer setting it to 1.2 or 1.3
EDIT: Or make a custom vision file using the tutorial on the wiki. The only value to set will be r_filmContrast or something like that and it probably behaves the same way as it does as a console command
Post by: IHammY/ on August 05, 2013, 08:25:35 pm
Youll probably want to set higher contrast. That helps a lot if you want your map to be bright outside and dark inside.
Add setdvar("r_contrast","yourvalue"); to your level gsc file and lemme know if it worked (1 is normal contrast and max value is 4) I would prefer setting it to 1.2 or 1.3
EDIT: Or make a custom vision file using the tutorial on the wiki. The only value to set will be r_filmContrast or something like that and it probably behaves the same way as it does as a console command

thanks for the help :) well i was just woundering because the map isnt anywhere near to get released at the moment so well se how i want it to be if it is ready