Community Scripter
My Groups
More
Personal Quote
Payback
Signature
Tears Of The Fallen | Join the project https://discord.gg/8gDNQRj
fanmagic's Groups
Community Scripter Has shown effort and knowledge in the area of scripting while being a part of the UGX-Mods community.
fanmagic's Contact & Social LinksTears Of The Fallen
What can I do to increase the performance/FPS in my map? I've portaled the map already but I think that maps with tons of fx have more FPS then my map with only 5 rooms ???

Any help is greatly appreciated.
Last Edit: January 18, 2017, 01:26:47 pm by fanmagic
This topic contains a post which is marked as the Best Answer. Click here to view it.
broken avatar :(
The Last of Us
Date Registered: 28 September 2013
Last active: 3 weeks ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Zombie Colossus
Primary Group
UGX V.I.P.
My Groups
More
My Contact & Social Links
More
Personal Quote
ฏ๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎
Signature
smasher248's Groups
Donator ♥ Benevolent Soul who has our eternal gratitude and exclusive access to betas and the donator section of the forum.
UGX V.I.P.
UGX V.I.P.
Community Mapper Has released one or more maps to the UGX-Mods community which have been added to the UGX Map Manager.
BO3 Modtools Alpha
BO3 Modtools Alpha
This user has access to the Black Ops 3 Modtools Alpha
smasher248's Contact & Social Linkssmasher248smasher248
What can I do to increase the performance/FPS in my map? I've portaled the map already but I think that maps with tons of fx have more FPS then my map with only 5 rooms ???

Any help is greatly appreciated.

portaling is the best thing you can do, i wold tell you to make faces that dont need rendered the caulk texture, but if your portling, then you already know that, short of that, there isnt much you can do.
Date Registered: 20 December 2015
Last active: 5 months ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Perk Hacker
Primary Group
Community Scripter
My Groups
More
Personal Quote
Payback
fanmagic's Groups
Community Scripter Has shown effort and knowledge in the area of scripting while being a part of the UGX-Mods community.
portaling is the best thing you can do, i wold tell you to make faces that dont need rendered the caulk texture, but if your portling, then you already know that, short of that, there isnt much you can do.
Thanks.
Date Registered: 1 March 2013
Last active: 3 days ago
Respect
Forum Rank
The Decider
Primary Group
2015 Contest Winner
My Groups
More
My Contact & Social Links
More
Personal Quote
Caw caw caw
johndoe's Groups
Donator ♥ Benevolent Soul who has our eternal gratitude and exclusive access to betas and the donator section of the forum.
Community Mapper Has released one or more maps to the UGX-Mods community which have been added to the UGX Map Manager.
2015 Contest Winner
johndoe's Contact & Social Linksmyc153-johndoe
Consider using hint and skip brushes too. I'm surprised nobody uses those since they are used on all quake based engines like id3 and source.
Marked as best answer by fanmagic 7 years ago
Date Registered: 9 August 2013
Last active: 5 years ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Zombie Enslaver
Primary Group
codmoddd1234's Groups
codmoddd1234's Contact & Social Links
Make lod versions for large models.
Use kvp no_collmap 1 to remove the coll map from models outside the playable area. Ex grass and trees outside playable areas.
Use the noshadow checkbox/kvp on models outside the playable area. Ex. Grass and trees outside playable area.
Use detail and non colliding brushes when possible.
Use console command
r_singlecell
r_lockpvs
To see what areas are being loaded ingame when your inside a portal or bsp split.
Check your console when fps drops. Sometimes it gives a red or yellow warning about too many verts or models ect.

Any "node without volume" errors when compiling?
Respect
Forum Rank
Perk Hacker
Primary Group
Community Scripter
My Groups
More
Personal Quote
Payback
fanmagic's Groups
Make lod versions for large models.
Use kvp no_collmap 1 to remove the coll map from models outside the playable area. Ex grass and trees outside playable areas.
Use the noshadow checkbox/kvp on models outside the playable area. Ex. Grass and trees outside playable area.
Use detail and non colliding brushes when possible.
Use console command
r_singlecell
r_lockpvs
To see what areas are being loaded ingame when your inside a portal or bsp split.
Check your console when fps drops. Sometimes it gives a red or yellow warning about too many verts or models ect.

Any "node without volume" errors when compiling?
I only get 'Texture repeats too often' when compiling but no other errors.
And sorry for the question but what are 'colliding brushes'. I know that these are brushes but how can I use them? ???
Date Registered: 9 August 2013
Last active: 5 years ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Zombie Enslaver
Primary Group
codmoddd1234's Groups
codmoddd1234's Contact & Social Links
Non colliding (right click in radiant)brushes are probably not going to your solve fps. It just makes the brush not add to the bsp and is non colliding ingame. If you use detail, structural, non colliding ect. The brush will hold values until you set it back to structural(default). You can tell them apart by the color in the radiant grid. Blue structural, orange is detail, black is non colliding ect.
//
Try to fix the texture repeats too often error. Select brush. Press s. Try different settings. Sometimes you need to press shift L and reapply the lightmap. If you cant fix them, put them in a new layer in radiant and then hide and ignore them. Compile and see if those brushes are lowering your fps.
Respect
Forum Rank
Perk Hacker
Primary Group
Community Scripter
My Groups
More
Personal Quote
Payback
fanmagic's Groups
Non colliding (right click in radiant)brushes are probably not going to your solve fps. It just makes the brush not add to the bsp and is non colliding ingame. If you use detail, structural, non colliding ect. The brush will hold values until you set it back to structural(default). You can tell them apart by the color in the radiant grid. Blue structural, orange is detail, black is non colliding ect.
//
Try to fix the texture repeats too often error. Select brush. Press s. Try different settings. Sometimes you need to press shift L and reapply the lightmap. If you cant fix them, put them in a new layer in radiant and then hide and ignore them. Compile and see if those brushes are lowering your fps.
Ok, thank you. I'll try.

Double Post Merge: January 19, 2017, 03:07:11 pm
I get tones if these error when the fps goes down
'Error: Sound alias weap_usp45_fire_plr is 3d but has a multichannel asset'
How can i fix this sound error? ???
Last Edit: January 19, 2017, 03:07:11 pm by fanmagic

Loading ...