Date Registered: 15 April 2016
Last active: 2 years ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Legless Crawler
Primary Group
SpartanofEarth's Contact & Social Links
COMPOUND

"Enter a forgotten Nazi Military Compound, and unravel some of the Third Riech's darkest secrets while facing
off against the undead horde."

Compound is a small-to-medium sized map, containing around twelve different rooms. It features a couple of branching paths that will lead you through the map, with two primary paths that connect to power. The map has a custom Pack-A-Punch quest, teddy bear easter egg, as well as a couple of interesting side easter eggs that I've added in.

With this being my first map, I would love to hear any and all constructive criticism that you guys can offer as I move towards the production of my next project.

Credits:
  Scripts(I utilized some of their scripting tutorials in this map):
    death_reaper0
    buttkicker845
  Tester:
    Ncarracing64

Trailer

broken avatar :(
Date Registered: 9 May 2016
Last active: 3 years ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Pack-a-Puncher
Primary Group
My Contact & Social Links
More
Darkpoto45's Groups
Darkpoto45's Contact & Social LinksCTMFTK
It does not want to play there ...
Respect
Forum Rank
Legless Crawler
Primary Group
You mean the map isn't launching? Let me make sure that something didn't get broken in the installer
Respect
Forum Rank
Legless Crawler
Primary Group
It seems to work for me, not really sure why it wont launch for you. Is it displaying any error messages when you launch it?
[UGX] Developer
Date Registered: 28 October 2013
Last active: 5 months ago
Respect
Forum Rank
The Decider
Primary Group
UGX Team Member
My Groups
More
More
Personal Quote
[UGX] Developer
Lukkie1998's Groups
UGX Team Member
Donator ♥ Benevolent Soul who has our eternal gratitude and exclusive access to betas and the donator section of the forum.
Box Mappers Elite
Box Mappers Elite
Community Mapper Has released one or more maps to the UGX-Mods community which have been added to the UGX Map Manager.
UGX Chat Moderator Has the ability to mute, kick, or ban chat members for being abusive or breaking the rules of the forum.
UGX Site Moderator Has the ability to issue warnings to users, edit and remove posts from the forum and to move topics to other boards. Upholds the rules of the forum. Moderates Chat Rooms.
2015 Participant
BO3 Modtools Alpha
BO3 Modtools Alpha
This user has access to the Black Ops 3 Modtools Alpha
SpartanoEarth do you have T4M installed? In that case, @Darkpoto45 You need to download T4M.
SpartanoEarth do you not have T4M installed? In that case, @Darkpoto45 make sure you disable T4M if you have it installed.

Lukkie1998
Respect
Forum Rank
Legless Crawler
Primary Group
No, I do not have T4M in the map
Date Registered: 22 September 2016
Last active: 4 months ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Pack-a-Puncher
Primary Group
12spiderweb's Groups
12spiderweb's Contact & Social Links
hey! I just played you map and I'm writing this soon after playing your map and hopefully I can be able to sum up on what this map is like and what type of improvements you can make in the future.

first things first, you don't deserve hate for this map.

yes this map is small and you can find a good camping spot within the first 10 mins into the map (not sure if you were intending this) but I did like the small office area and the pap room did seem kind of cool, I also seemed to like the abandoned base which reminded me of nacht der untoten.

Even though the easter egg was small too but I did like the idea of getting to pap and the parts to it are not too hard but I loved the hat secret you put in there :)

Improvements needed in future:
- I'm personally not a big fan of the ugx guns and the varity of perks that have been added, maybe in the furture you can try something more advanced and try to add in more guns and more perks if possible :)
- I would say this map would be more of a 'time passer' if you now what I mean due too how much stuff to do and how small the map is. I would go on it for a while If I were to have like 15 minutes to myself.
- Maybe try to add a bit more detail in the rooms like broken bottles or garbage or just anything to make the room stand out more since the rooms in this map seem a little empty.

Overall? Well I give this map a 2/5 because I like the objectives to this map and the outcome of it but maybe try to add more to it with guns, perks and room detail (and maybe try to decorate the building and outside too?) anyway this was a great attempt to a first map. People I have seen either do stupid box maps or unnecessary remakes, I'm glad you made your map an original one!  :D
Last Edit: March 23, 2017, 08:52:54 pm by 12spiderweb
Respect
Forum Rank
Legless Crawler
Primary Group
Thanks! To be honest the map itself was kind of an experiment for me, so that I could try to grasp the fundamentals of mapping as well as scripting(hence the lack of detail in some areas.) As a whole I think you can expect my next release(which is in the planning stage as of now) to be far more detailed and have much more content to explore. As far as the hat script itself goes, I have to give all of the credit to death_reaper0, as it originally belonged to him, and I borrowed it to test an idea I had for my next map.
Date Registered: 22 September 2016
Last active: 4 months ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Pack-a-Puncher
Primary Group
12spiderweb's Groups
12spiderweb's Contact & Social Links
Thanks! To be honest the map itself was kind of an experiment for me, so that I could try to grasp the fundamentals of mapping as well as scripting(hence the lack of detail in some areas.) As a whole I think you can expect my next release(which is in the planning stage as of now) to be far more detailed and have much more content to explore. As far as the hat script itself goes, I have to give all of the credit to death_reaper0, as it originally belonged to him, and I borrowed it to test an idea I had for my next map.

Fantastic! I will be happy to play your next map when you finish it, good luck with it :)
Date Registered: 30 May 2016
Last active: 3 years ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Legless Crawler
Primary Group
More
Personal Quote
We kill zombies and get in fights!
Signature
SaturnCaine's Groups
SaturnCaine's Contact & Social LinksSaturnCaineSaturnCaineSaturnCaine
I played through it, and as a test map, it really wasn't that bad.

Things I liked:

The PaP Easter Egg was interesting because of the randomized Fuse locations, sort of like SoE.
The outdoor balconies make for great camping spots, especially the left one for the box location.

Things I didn't like:

Double-Tap 1.0.
There was a significant lack of spaces for training. Every corridor and area feels very closed and tight, even outside.
After going through the trouble of locating all three fuses (Which is rather difficult because they're actually really small and hard to spot, at least for me.), you then had to pay another 2000 points, as if to spite you.
Wunderwaffe still hates Jugg.
Double-Tap 1.0.

TLDR: It was okay, but it needs work.
Last Edit: March 26, 2017, 04:52:35 pm by SaturnCaine

Loading ...