Completing the map (finally) I feel like its much better for me to give my thoughts on the map and what I feel like this map did right and what could be improved on for next time (which I'll state as respectively as possible because I know how much work can be put into these maps)
- First off, the map! I really do like how it was managed here. The skybox/time of day that was chosen for starters is quite unique, most maps tend to set themselves at night (with possibly snow) so its refreshing to see this map to take place at a dawn setting. Also it taking place at a division 9 facility of sorts was a cool touch too.
Oh and the size of the map is also very nice to run around in, nothing feels out of place, its very spacious despite the obstacles and it rarely ever feels slow to get across from
one point to the other
- I'll quickly scan over this one since I ain't fully aware of the box rotation, but the weapon choices are great. There are a lot of really good and powerful weapons to choose that can be easily be changed every game or coop games.
- The custom content featured here like the characters is always a very nice add on, certainly making the map its own adventure. As well as the custom trap which is super satisfying to kill a horde in. And the motherf***ing panzer suit makes you feel like a proper badass. I wont forget about the small detail changes too like the monkey bomb, perk bottles and pentagon thief having small changes on their models.
- The easter egg overall is enjoyable, each step is varied so it doesn't get repetitive, its easy to remember even though some searching is still involved behind it and clear progression can be made throughout it. Plus the final *custom* boss fight just ties it all together nicely.
- And I felt like the wonder weapon needed its own bit because its a lot of fun to use, it does feel super op but... I ain't complaining
What I didn't like:
- Despite me liking the easter egg, I feel like there is one step that comes across as a slap in a face. The mine step. I know you've gotten complaints about this but I actually feel like its an ok step. The dogs are really weak and the mines beep (quite) loudly. My problem against it is how the dogs spawn in are louder than the mines, I often found myself killing a dog to get off my back to only hear another spawn which makes it a little un-needlessly complicated to find the mines.
My suggestions to fix this (if chosen to) are to just make the spawn sounds quieter or change them into something more quiet/quick
I also suggest giving players more time and giving the mines a glow to recognize them better since some hide out of sight or are hard to see from a distance
Absolutely great map, lots of details and custom content that you'll never find on any other bo1 custom map. It has its own experience for players to enjoy. I recommend this to any other bo1 pc user, especially any that enjoy easter eggs. Even completing it I find myself coming back to this with friends to mess around in. Fantastic work, my dude! Hope to see more stuff from you in th future!