Date Registered: 14 September 2015
Last active: 10 months ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Fresh Corpse
Primary Group
My Contact & Social Links
More
TheTrueMCGamer's Contact & Social LinksTheTrueMCGamerTheTrueMCGamerTrueMCGamer113TheTrueMCGamerTrueMCGamerTheTrueMCGamer
Have fun you guys! I've spent 7 years learning and creating this map.
Mob has been out for 4 years
broken avatar :(
Date Registered: 24 February 2014
Last active: 2 years ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Mr. Elemental
Primary Group
Community Mapper
My Groups
More
josemassacre's Groups
Community Mapper Has released one or more maps to the UGX-Mods community which have been added to the UGX Map Manager.
josemassacre's Contact & Social Links
Yes, but Alcatraz has been a thing since 1934.
Last Edit: September 17, 2017, 01:54:27 am by josemassacre
Date Registered: 24 April 2013
Last active: 8 months ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Zombie Enslaver
Primary Group
Community Mapper
whippytrout's Groups
Community Mapper Has released one or more maps to the UGX-Mods community which have been added to the UGX Map Manager.
whippytrout's Contact & Social LinksWhippyTroutWhippyTrout

Yea I know. I remember my friends telling me, "Dude Treyarch stole your Alcatraz idea!". At first I was mad but after I played Mob of the Dead I fell in love with it and it became my favorite map. So I decided to revamp my Alcatraz map and include more assets from MOTD as well as borrow some of their layout. Trust me this map has went through so many variations and layouts over the years its insane. Just ask my friends who tested all of them. I had versions where you escaped by boat, some by hot air balloon, some by swimming to Mexico, and your classic teleport out lol. What really threw me off was I had an AC-130 on the roof of Alcatraz and it flew you to the Golden Gate bridge for the ending. But then Treyarch did the EXACT thing! lol There's was obviously way better but I had the same idea they did only years before. It's hilarious thinking back on all of the weird coincidences but I think I found the best option in the end for my map.
Date Registered: 22 September 2016
Last active: 4 months ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Pack-a-Puncher
Primary Group
12spiderweb's Groups
12spiderweb's Contact & Social Links
Oooooh, behind the scene the stuff here I love these :) Can you explain the reason why you chosen the 4 characters we have in the map now? And you were you going to add in before?
Respect
Forum Rank
Zombie Enslaver
Primary Group
Community Mapper
My Groups
More
More
whippytrout's Groups
Oooooh, behind the scene the stuff here I love these :) Can you explain the reason why you chosen the 4 characters we have in the map now? And you were you going to add in before?

Lol Well I never thought I'd have the time to add characters and their quotes but once I figured it out I had to spend all the long hours of renaming and converting the sounds. It was sooo worth it in the end. But i have to say Danny Trejo was always a character I wanted. IDK why i just think he's funny and cool.

I picked The Hoff because duh... He's "The HOFF!" hahaha I live David Hasselhoff he's an 80's icon and a beast. I picked Sal because he's just so...."Swell". I picked JFK because his quotes are funny and I like him as a president. Plus he needed some beans for his chowder. ;)
Respect
Forum Rank
Pack-a-Puncher
Primary Group
12spiderweb's Groups
Simple enough, I always thought you were going to add in the COTD crew because I remember seeing some sort of question from you on how to implement the characters models of them lol
Respect
Forum Rank
Zombie Enslaver
Primary Group
Community Mapper
My Groups
More
More
whippytrout's Groups
Oh yea I once had an idea to put Robert Englund in and have a character based easter egg that would allow him to turn into Freddy Krueger. lol I also had Michael Rooker in the map as well. He was a AI character that was on a fishing boat at the beginning of the map. You talked to him and then a giant shark knocked him out of his boat and ate him right as you were about to pull him into your boat. The shark then jumped up onto the back of your boat just like in the movie Jaws and you had to not get eat. Then Brutus pulled up in a guard boat and took you off to Alcatraz where you were all locked up in a cell. I then was going to make the players have to escape from their cells and get away. Lol I made all of it but the escaping from the prison cells part. It just didn't feel right to the layout to start in the main cell blocks. I may post some videos or pictures of the shark scene that got cut.  ;)
Respect
Forum Rank
Pack-a-Puncher
Primary Group
12spiderweb's Groups
sounds great! Cant wait to see it. Yeah, maybe that for the beginning for a map would've been a little complicated, I much prefer it where the characters all start at the docks because of the boat JFK was in just sank. Maybe a playable character easter egg where you can change into another person midgame (kinda like IW) But hey, the maps out now so I guess I gotta enjoy what I have :) (which is incredible as it is right now)
Date Registered: 7 September 2016
Last active: 5 years ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Legless Crawler
Primary Group
TopazBeast's Groups
TopazBeast's Contact & Social Links
This is a really great map! My only problem with it is when I look at the center of the map I drop a ton of frames, but then again I do play on a very crappy laptop.
Date Registered: 9 May 2016
Last active: 7 years ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Fresh Corpse
Primary Group
JoaquinHD's Groups
JoaquinHD's Contact & Social Links
My game crash at online, it appears this localized_water.ff'
Respect
Forum Rank
Zombie Enslaver
Primary Group
Community Mapper
My Groups
More
More
whippytrout's Groups
My game crash at online, it appears this localized_water.ff'

Please make sure you have T4M installed. All the information is in the original post next to the download for the map. Also make sure your game is official and not pirated. I don't think T4M works with pirated versions of Cod waw.
Date Registered: 6 February 2016
Last active: 4 years ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Fresh Corpse
Primary Group
The NeverEnder's Contact & Social Links
Hey Whippy, this map is great and I really enjoy playing it with my friends, but we just had what I assume to be a glitch.  We were against dark Rider and one of my friends died to him, and then when he did the game slowed and our screens went gray and blacked out.  Then we were back to round 1 in the starting area.  Is this a glitch?
Respect
Forum Rank
Zombie Enslaver
Primary Group
Community Mapper
My Groups
More
More
whippytrout's Groups
Hey Whippy, this map is great and I really enjoy playing it with my friends, but we just had what I assume to be a glitch.  We were against dark Rider and one of my friends died to him, and then when he did the game slowed and our screens went gray and blacked out.  Then we were back to round 1 in the starting area.  Is this a glitch?

The only way that could happen is that you may have got run over by the horse. :lol: Try not to get in front of him or he will run you over. It's not an instant kill but if you're hurt already when you get run over then you'll die and it will restart your game. Hahaha Sorry about that.
Date Registered: 6 February 2016
Last active: 4 years ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Fresh Corpse
Primary Group
The NeverEnder's Contact & Social Links
Thank you for the reply lol.  The guy who managed to get us reset ran out of luck lol.

Loading ...