Signature
Retaken CANCELED!
----
Misty
Map Progress:
10%
Elzy's Groups
Elzy's Contact & Social LinksElzzy
Sooo i'm new to map making this is really the first map i've made that's good, but i've ran into a problem ... my Zone 2 & 3 will not spawn zombies in them i have a Volume in Zone 2 & 3 with KVP's and the Zombies are down with KVP's, i have pathnode's with the zombies ;/, so please ... someone help i have no clue how to fix this! :please:
Marked as best answer by Elzy 9 years ago
broken avatar :(
Date Registered: 30 November 2013
Last active: 1 year ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Rotting Walker
Primary Group
My Contact & Social Links
More
Signature
Choice is the outcome of the future.
tylerandmoroll's Contact & Social LinksxTAMRxtylerandmoroll
I assume you have a door or debris leading into the next zone? If so, make sure the trigger for that door or debris has the KvP script_flag / enter_zone_2 and for the next zone it would be enter_zone_3. Make sure that this is added in your map's gsc file too. It should look something like this in the file under the dlc3 zone init();..

add_adjacent_zone ("start_zone", "zone_2", "enter_zone_2");
add_adjacent_zone ("zone_2", "zone_3", "enter_zone_3");

The only other answer I could think of, is to make sure nothing else is highlighted in radiant. Once that's done, highlight your door or debris, and then highlight the zombie. Once they're both highlighted hit "w" and make sure to start with the door first then the zombie second. This will target the zombies to spawn once you've bought your entrance in. Hope this helps.
Date Registered: 8 August 2015
Last active: 7 years ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Pack-a-Puncher
Primary Group
More
Personal Quote
Misty
Elzy's Groups
thanks for the help, i am going to try the *enter_zone_2* on my doors, but where you said *dlc3 zone init();..* i have no clue where that is because its not in my folder so if i have to open it up in the program or something idk  :poker:
I assume you have a door or debris leading into the next zone? If so, make sure the trigger for that door or debris has the KvP script_flag / enter_zone_2 and for the next zone it would be enter_zone_3. Make sure that this is added in your map's gsc file too. It should look something like this in the file under the dlc3 zone init();..

The only other answer I could think of, is to make sure nothing else is highlighted in radiant. Once that's done, highlight your door or debris, and then highlight the zombie. Once they're both highlighted hit "w" and make sure to start with the door first then the zombie second. This will target the zombies to spawn once you've bought your entrance in. Hope this helps.
Date Registered: 17 January 2014
Last active: 4 years ago
Respect
1,005Add +1
Forum Rank
Immortal
Primary Group
Community Scripter
My Groups
More
More
Signature
If you want scripts / features made for you, then contact me by PM or email / skype etc
it will cost you tho so if you have no intention of reciprocating don't even waste my time ;)
Harry Bo21's Groups
Donator ♥ Benevolent Soul who has our eternal gratitude and exclusive access to betas and the donator section of the forum.
Community Scripter Has shown effort and knowledge in the area of scripting while being a part of the UGX-Mods community.
Harry Bo21's Contact & Social LinksHarryBo000[email protected]HarryBo21
He said DLC init

"In"your mapname.gsc
Respect
Forum Rank
Pack-a-Puncher
Primary Group
More
Personal Quote
Misty
Elzy's Groups
i tryed what he told me, and it did not work, this is what happens i launch the map, buy the zone_two door and as soon as i walk in there no zombies spawn its like the spawners are broken/wont work i do not know =|
Respect
1,005Add +1
Forum Rank
Immortal
Primary Group
Community Scripter
My Groups
More
More
Harry Bo21's Groups
Donator ♥ Benevolent Soul who has our eternal gratitude and exclusive access to betas and the donator section of the forum.
Community Scripter Has shown effort and knowledge in the area of scripting while being a part of the UGX-Mods community.
i tryed what he told me, and it did not work, this is what happens i launch the map, buy the zone_two door and as soon as i walk in there no zombies spawn its like the spawners are broken/wont work i do not know =|
how did you do what he said without even knowing what script to do it in ???
Respect
Forum Rank
Pack-a-Puncher
Primary Group
More
Personal Quote
Misty
Elzy's Groups
yeah well thats the problem lol >_> im not good at scripting nor know what script/file it is >_>
how did you do what he said without even knowing what script to do it in ???
Respect
1,005Add +1
Forum Rank
Immortal
Primary Group
Community Scripter
My Groups
More
More
Harry Bo21's Groups
yeah well thats the problem lol >_> im not good at scripting nor know what script/file it is >_>
So you "havent" done what he said and it just didnt work then?  :D

all i can do is repeat what he said, because its 100% accurate lol

the script you want is "root/MODS/YOURMODNAME/maps/nazi_zombie_YOURMAPNAME.gsc"

at the bottom you will see the example zones, hes told you how to expand with more

dlc3 zone init();..

Last Edit: October 12, 2015, 03:09:11 am by Harry Bo21
Respect
Forum Rank
Pack-a-Puncher
Primary Group
More
Personal Quote
Misty
Elzy's Groups
the closest i have to anything you said is (DLC3_Weapons) (clientscripts) and thats it the rest is pretty much nothing thet is alike with what you said and i don't have the DLCinit gsc file. so i don't know if that could be causing it but yeah
So you "havent" done what he said and it just didnt work then?  :D

all i can do is repeat what he said, because its 100% accurate lol

the script you want is "root/MODS/YOURMODNAME/maps/nazi_zombie_YOURMAPNAME.gsc"

at the bottom you will see the example zones, hes told you how to expand with more
Last Edit: October 12, 2015, 03:09:00 am by Harry Bo21
Respect
1,005Add +1
Forum Rank
Immortal
Primary Group
Community Scripter
My Groups
More
More
Harry Bo21's Groups
the closest i have to anything you said is (DLC3_Weapons) (clientscripts) and thats it the rest is pretty much nothing thet is alike with what you said and i don't have the DLCinit gsc file. so i don't know if that could be causing it but yeah

lol dude, third time now  :D. All i can do is keep posting it

the script you want is "root / mods / YOURMODNAME / maps / nazi_zombie_YOURMAPNAME.gsc "

DLCinit - is the name of the "function" "inside" the script
Last Edit: October 12, 2015, 03:06:53 am by Harry Bo21
Date Registered: 7 March 2014
Last active: 16 hours ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Zombie Colossus
Primary Group
UGX Site Moderator
My Groups
More
More
MZslayer11's Groups
UGX Site Moderator Has the ability to issue warnings to users, edit and remove posts from the forum and to move topics to other boards. Upholds the rules of the forum. Moderates Chat Rooms.
MZslayer11's Contact & Social LinksMZslayer11Service_Code_30#2655
You need to edit the function in " mapname.gsc" called "dlcInit" to be set up coospond correctly with the zones in radiant.

For example...

Code Snippet
Plaintext

You need to physically edit the file and add this in and then set up your zones to work with these in radiant.

The file you need to edit can be found in...
"root / mods / YOURMODNAME / maps / nazi_zombie_YOURMAPNAME.gsc "

We cannot make it any clearer.
Last Edit: October 12, 2015, 03:06:40 am by Harry Bo21
Date Registered: 12 October 2015
Last active: 9 years ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Legless Crawler
Primary Group
More
Elzy (Alt)'s Groups
Elzy (Alt)'s Contact & Social LinksAiFlaky
sooo made a alt account because i need to tell you something ... because with my main i can't talk on it for 24 hours cause the bullshit 5 post thing... so i have a picture of me being in my map folder but like i said i don't know what file to go in or what to do ...
http://i.imgur.com/Xnq2plI.jpg
You need to edit the function in " mapname.gsc" called "dlcInit" to be set up coospond correctly with the zones in radiant.

For example...

Code Snippet
Plaintext

You need to physically edit the file and add this in and then set up your zones to work with these in radiant.

The file you need to edit can be found in...
We cannot make it any clearer.
Respect
1,005Add +1
Forum Rank
Immortal
Primary Group
Community Scripter
My Groups
More
More
Harry Bo21's Groups
the script you want is "root / mods / YOURMODNAME / maps / nazi_zombie_YOURMAPNAME.gsc "

dude its sat in front of you...

maps

nazi_zombie_YOURMAPNAME.gsc

We literally cannot explain any more than the GSC file that is called what you have called your map bar coming over to your house and pointing lol

theres a gsc thatll match the name you gave your map - that one

because with my main i can't talk on it for 24 hours cause the bullshit 5 post thing

Ill ignore this for now, but this is a breach of the rules. This is inplace as a anti spam measure
Last Edit: October 12, 2015, 03:16:13 am by Harry Bo21
Date Registered: 12 October 2015
Last active: 9 years ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Legless Crawler
Primary Group
More
Elzy (Alt)'s Groups
Elzy (Alt)'s Contact & Social LinksAiFlaky
it should not be this hard to do zoning, ...like im just wasting my time cause you guys are just telling me the same thing over over again so im just gonna delete the map ...
dude its sat in front of you...

We literally cannot explain any more than what you have called your map bar coming over to your house and pointing lol

theres a gsc thatll match the name you gave your map - that one

Ill ignore this for now, but this is a breach of the rules. This is inplace as a anti spam measure
Respect
1,005Add +1
Forum Rank
Immortal
Primary Group
Community Scripter
My Groups
More
More
Harry Bo21's Groups
are you seriously telling me in 4 hours you still havent double clicked the "maps" folder thats right in front of you, that i can even see on the picture?

or even tried looking in "every" folder in front of you till you found the file "you named yourself"?

or using the "search bar" in the top right of the window?

im just wasting my time cause you guys are just telling me the same thing over over again

how else "can" we explain it to you

here

1. double click "my computer"

2. double click C drive

3. Double click program files x86

4 .

a: steam version - go here : C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Call of Duty World at War\

b: CD version - go here : C:\Program Files (x86)\Activision\Call of Duty World at War\

5. double click on "mods"

6. double click on "whatever you - called your mod - " - > YOU named this file, only YOU know what its called

7. double click on "maps"

8. double click the GSC file that is the same name as you called your map - again - YOU named your map, only YOU know what this file is called. hence why we have said about 8 times now the GSC that is the same name as YOU called YOUR map

- it is called the same as whatever name you gave your map with script placer, the same name as the folder you are in - in the screen shot

EDIT -

can see the name in the picture =

mapname = RETAKEN

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Call of Duty World at War\mods\retaken\maps\retaken.gsc
C:\Program Files (x86)\Activision\Call of Duty World at War\mods\retaken\maps\retaken.gsc

I dont wanna sound like an asshole but if you still cant work it out from that, I dont think we can help you buddy, we literally couldn't explain it anymore without physically doing it for you, and you will then just continue to struggle with every other thing involved. We are not purposefully being difficult, this is simple file navigation and entirely depends on what you called your map
Last Edit: October 12, 2015, 03:38:16 am by Harry Bo21

Loading ...