Date Registered: 15 March 2019
Last active: 4 years ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Fresh Corpse
Primary Group
GalaxyYT's Groups
GalaxyYT's Contact & Social Links
Whenever I test my map, there is huge lag spikes and the game basically freezes for 3 seconds. It happens about 5 seconds after the game loads, after getting certain items from the box, and at random points in the game as well. When other people are in the game they simply get a connection interrupted. I also tried letting a friend host and now HE is the one with the freezes and I get a connection interrupted. I really don't know what could be causing it. I don't get these freezes on any other custom map, nor can I find any info on this.
broken avatar :(
Date Registered: 20 September 2013
Last active: 2 days ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Zombie Enslaver
Primary Group
Community Scripter
My Groups
More
My Contact & Social Links
More
Personal Quote
No code is bug free
Signature
My published cod maps:

Subzero
Djinncaves
Enclosed (a.k.a baconcube)
Bayern
Snowblind
Furtrelock

Black Ops Perks: https://www.ugx-mods.com/forum/scripts/55/call-of-duty-world-at-war-black-ops-perks/22180/
gympie6's Groups
Community Scripter Has shown effort and knowledge in the area of scripting while being a part of the UGX-Mods community.
gympie6's Contact & Social LinksTheRevenantSkullTeffrieTeffrieGympie5#5971
Whenever I test my map, there is huge lag spikes and the game basically freezes for 3 seconds. It happens about 5 seconds after the game loads, after getting certain items from the box, and at random points in the game as well. When other people are in the game they simply get a connection interrupted. I also tried letting a friend host and now HE is the one with the freezes and I get a connection interrupted. I really don't know what could be causing it. I don't get these freezes on any other custom map, nor can I find any info on this.
Which map? 
Date Registered: 15 March 2019
Last active: 4 years ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Fresh Corpse
Primary Group
GalaxyYT's Groups
GalaxyYT's Contact & Social Links
Which map?
 It's a map I'm working on atm, and I haven't uploaded it yet. I also noticed that if I have my fps limit set to 1000, when the game freezes, the number BESIDE the fps counter (cg_drawfps 1) goes to 2147483647, and goes back to normal. My game runs perfectly normal otherwise.
Date Registered: 20 September 2013
Last active: 2 days ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Zombie Enslaver
Primary Group
Community Scripter
My Groups
More
My Contact & Social Links
More
Personal Quote
No code is bug free
gympie6's Groups
Community Scripter Has shown effort and knowledge in the area of scripting while being a part of the UGX-Mods community.
gympie6's Contact & Social LinksTheRevenantSkullTeffrieTeffrieGympie5#5971
It's a map I'm working on atm, and I haven't uploaded it yet. I also noticed that if I have my fps limit set to 1000, when the game freezes, the number BESIDE the fps counter (cg_drawfps 1) goes to 2147483647, and goes back to normal. My game runs perfectly normal otherwise.
It's very difficult to reproduce the issues causing this huge lag spike but I can give you some tips how to maybe solve these issues:

1. Use portals (Look around on the forum or tutorials on youtube).
2. If you are programming and use loops you should atleast use a "wait" function. Without this it goes too fast and the engine will break out of the loop.
Last Edit: April 12, 2019, 06:57:46 pm by gympie6
Date Registered: 9 August 2013
Last active: 5 years ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Zombie Enslaver
Primary Group
codmoddd1234's Groups
codmoddd1234's Contact & Social Links

Look in the console when it freezes for anything important.
Check your mapname.gsc and see if you added anything twice by mistake.
If it happens when you get items and when the game starts maybe your player quotes are not setup correctly.

Loading ...