Last active: 8 years ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Mr. Elemental
Primary Group
My Contact & Social Links
More
tannnnnaiirrr's Groups
So this is the second map I have had this issue with. I'm pretty experienced with my mapping at this point, but this is very strange. So the problem... sometimes I will compile and build my mod, or even just build my mod, and I get no errors. Keep in mind I also have to copy and paste my mod from my "programs 86" folder to my actual App_data folder) But Once I load up the map, VARIOUS things have happened...

The gun doesn't load in game
Textures randomly disappear
Images from ported xmodels turn white, as if I never added the images
I spawn in the map in Spectator mode. (this is the really odd one)

AND I also get menu errors when loading the mod. Such as:
FX errors
Script compile errors
Missing folders errors

These are mainly it. But the things is, I usually just have to Re-compile and re-build, and it works FINE. without changing any of the False errors that the game gave me. This is really weird and hard to explain so if anyone has any idea how to fix this, that'd be great
broken avatar :(
☭ Soviet Commander ☭
Date Registered: 13 August 2012
Respect
Forum Rank
King of the Zombies
Primary Group
Community Daedra
My Groups
More
More
Signature
Let's keep this thread on topic from here on in. -DBZ

+1 to off-topic reply -DBZ

lmao. Too funny.

Goliath Script Placer: http://ugx-mods.com/forum/index.php/topic,11234.msg125257/topicseen.html#new

"...Christ, people. Learn C, instead of just stringing random characters
together until it compiles (with warnings)..."

-Linus Torvalds
daedra descent's Groups
Community Daedra
Community Daedra
daedra descent's Contact & Social LinksBlueSoviet
Make sure your not precaching anything after _load() and that your map has no developer script errors(use developer and developer_script dvars).
  • steviewonder87
  • Deleted Member
steviewonder87
This user is deleted :(
So this is the second map I have had this issue with. I'm pretty experienced with my mapping at this point, but this is very strange. So the problem... sometimes I will compile and build my mod, or even just build my mod, and I get no errors. Keep in mind I also have to copy and paste my mod from my "programs 86" folder to my actual App_data folder) But Once I load up the map, VARIOUS things have happened...

The gun doesn't load in game
Textures randomly disappear
Images from ported xmodels turn white, as if I never added the images
I spawn in the map in Spectator mode. (this is the really odd one)

AND I also get menu errors when loading the mod. Such as:
FX errors
Script compile errors
Missing folders errors

These are mainly it. But the things is, I usually just have to Re-compile and re-build, and it works FINE. without changing any of the False errors that the game gave me. This is really weird and hard to explain so if anyone has any idea how to fix this, that'd be great
Why do you need to do this? ???
Date Registered: 14 September 2013
Last active: 4 years ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Zombie Destroyer
Primary Group
Community Scripter
My Groups
More
More
Personal Quote
BE ORIGINAL
Signature
MakeCents's Groups
Community Mapper Has released one or more maps to the UGX-Mods community which have been added to the UGX Map Manager.
Community Scripter Has shown effort and knowledge in the area of scripting while being a part of the UGX-Mods community.
BO3 Modtools Alpha
BO3 Modtools Alpha
This user has access to the Black Ops 3 Modtools Alpha
Do you continue working while it is compiling or building? I've noticed strange things with different launchers. Some launchers/tools don't like it if you save something while it is building or compiling. Definitely if you build or compile while cod is running, weird things tend to happen.
Last Edit: August 19, 2015, 12:32:04 am by MakeCents
Date Registered: 8 December 2013
Respect
Forum Rank
Mr. Elemental
Primary Group
More
tannnnnaiirrr's Groups
Do you continue working while it is compiling or building? I've noticed strange things with different launchers. Some launchers/tools don't like it if you save something while it is building or compiling. Definitely if you build or compile while cod is running, weird things tend to happen.
Sometimes, but usually not no

Double Post Merge: August 19, 2015, 12:43:49 am
Why do you need to do this? ???
My administrator privileges are a little messed up so whenever I build my mod, I get errors so I have to copy and paste the folder. (I have been doing this forever though) But this issue Im currently getting hsd only happened with 2 maps, it seems to happen more when I add more CoD4 models to the map
Last Edit: August 19, 2015, 12:43:49 am by tannnnnaiirrr
Date Registered: 17 January 2014
Respect
1,004Add +1
Forum Rank
Immortal
Primary Group
Community Scripter
My Groups
More
More
Signature
If you want scripts / features made for you, then contact me by PM or email / skype etc
it will cost you tho so if you have no intention of reciprocating don't even waste my time ;)
Harry Bo21's Groups
Donator ♥ Benevolent Soul who has our eternal gratitude and exclusive access to betas and the donator section of the forum.
Community Scripter Has shown effort and knowledge in the area of scripting while being a part of the UGX-Mods community.
Harry Bo21's Contact & Social Links[email protected]HarryBo21HarryBo000
did you take read only off your entire call of duty folder? That solved the unable to move to appdata issue for me

Date Registered: 8 December 2013
Respect
Forum Rank
Mr. Elemental
Primary Group
More
tannnnnaiirrr's Groups
did you take read only off your entire call of duty folder? That solved the unable to move to appdata issue for me
Yes. But it literally just doesn't work ALL the time for some reason. But, that isn't the issue I dont believe, considering I have been doing it for past maps and they all run and work fine
Date Registered: 17 January 2014
Respect
1,004Add +1
Forum Rank
Immortal
Primary Group
Community Scripter
My Groups
More
More
Harry Bo21's Groups
Donator ♥ Benevolent Soul who has our eternal gratitude and exclusive access to betas and the donator section of the forum.
Harry Bo21's Contact & Social Links[email protected]HarryBo21HarryBo000
Yes. But it literally just doesn't work ALL the time for some reason. But, that isn't the issue I dont believe, considering I have been doing it for past maps and they all run and work fine
i didnt say it would fix "that" issue, i said it would fix the other issue with it not automatically moving the files to appdata for you

Loading ...