My Groups
More
My Contact & Social Links
More
Personal Quote
[UGX] Developer
Lukkie1998's Groups
UGX Team Member
Donator ♥ Benevolent Soul who has our eternal gratitude and exclusive access to betas and the donator section of the forum.
Box Mappers Elite
Box Mappers Elite
Community Mapper Has released one or more maps to the UGX-Mods community which have been added to the UGX Map Manager.
UGX Chat Moderator Has the ability to mute, kick, or ban chat members for being abusive or breaking the rules of the forum.
UGX Site Moderator Has the ability to issue warnings to users, edit and remove posts from the forum and to move topics to other boards. Upholds the rules of the forum. Moderates Chat Rooms.
2015 Participant
BO3 Modtools Alpha
BO3 Modtools Alpha
This user has access to the Black Ops 3 Modtools Alpha
Hey guys,

Recently I tried re-installing WaW on my laptop. A few years ago I bought the legit CD version since I still had a CD Drive back then.
Unfortunately, there is no drive in my laptop and thus I cannot put the CD in.
I've managed to put all CD files on a USB, so I was able to run the installer and everything was installed succesfully.
But when I try to run the game, it tells me to insert my disc, which is impossible.
I also tried mounting the files, but so far no success.

Someone who has experience with this? Pls don't say I should just buy it on steam,  that's my final option.

Lukkie1998
broken avatar :(
Date Registered: 20 September 2013
Last active: 5 days ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Zombie Enslaver
Primary Group
Community Scripter
My Groups
More
More
Personal Quote
No code is bug free
Signature
My published cod maps:

Subzero
Djinncaves
Enclosed (a.k.a baconcube)
Bayern
Snowblind
Furtrelock

Black Ops Perks: https://www.ugx-mods.com/forum/scripts/55/call-of-duty-world-at-war-black-ops-perks/22180/
gympie6's Groups
Community Scripter Has shown effort and knowledge in the area of scripting while being a part of the UGX-Mods community.
gympie6's Contact & Social LinksTheRevenantSkullTeffrieTeffrieGympie5#5971
Hey guys,

Recently I tried re-installing WaW on my laptop. A few years ago I bought the legit CD version since I still had a CD Drive back then.
Unfortunately, there is no drive in my laptop and thus I cannot put the CD in.
I've managed to put all CD files on a USB, so I was able to run the installer and everything was installed succesfully.
But when I try to run the game, it tells me to insert my disc, which is impossible.

Someone who has experience with this? Pls don't say I should just buy it on steam,  that's my final option.

Lukkie1998

You can try to mount the cd with this tool: https://www.daemon-tools.cc/products/dtLite
I used a older version a few years ago so I don't know if it works well and I don't have a idea if this can fix your problem but you can atleast try it out.
Last Edit: July 07, 2018, 01:14:51 pm by gympie6
Date Registered: 17 December 2013
Last active: 1 year ago
Respect
1,404Add +1
Forum Rank
Zombie Colossus
Primary Group
Community Scripter Elite
My Groups
More
More
Personal Quote
It aint much, if it aint Dutch
Signature
BluntStuffy's Groups
Donator ♥ Benevolent Soul who has our eternal gratitude and exclusive access to betas and the donator section of the forum.
Community Scripter Elite Has shown excellence and experience in the area of custom scripting in the UGX-Mods community.
Oil Rig Beta Access
Oil Rig Beta Access
BluntStuffy's Contact & Social LinksBluntstuffy@BluntZombieBluntStuffyStuffyZombie
use T4M, it disables the disc-check
Respect
Forum Rank
Zombie Enslaver
Primary Group
Community Scripter
My Groups
More
More
Personal Quote
No code is bug free
gympie6's Groups
Community Scripter Has shown effort and knowledge in the area of scripting while being a part of the UGX-Mods community.
Hey guys,

Recently I tried re-installing WaW on my laptop. A few years ago I bought the legit CD version since I still had a CD Drive back then.
Unfortunately, there is no drive in my laptop and thus I cannot put the CD in.
I've managed to put all CD files on a USB, so I was able to run the installer and everything was installed succesfully.

Lukkie1998

You can also use a fixed-EXE which can help you run the game without a cd! I used this website a lot for older games that couldn't past the cd test because the games were too old for the pc (Windows 95)

https://gamecopyworld.eu/games/pc_call_of_duty_5.shtml

For both links, use them at your own risk. I used these websites/tools years ago.
Last Edit: July 10, 2018, 09:47:38 am by gympie6
[UGX] Developer
Date Registered: 28 October 2013
Last active: 5 months ago
Respect
Forum Rank
The Decider
Primary Group
UGX Team Member
My Groups
More
More
Personal Quote
[UGX] Developer
Lukkie1998's Groups
UGX Team Member
Box Mappers Elite
Box Mappers Elite
Community Mapper Has released one or more maps to the UGX-Mods community which have been added to the UGX Map Manager.
UGX Chat Moderator Has the ability to mute, kick, or ban chat members for being abusive or breaking the rules of the forum.
UGX Site Moderator Has the ability to issue warnings to users, edit and remove posts from the forum and to move topics to other boards. Upholds the rules of the forum. Moderates Chat Rooms.
2015 Participant
BO3 Modtools Alpha
BO3 Modtools Alpha
This user has access to the Black Ops 3 Modtools Alpha
You can try to mount the cd with this tool: https://www.daemon-tools.cc/products/dtLite
I used a older version a few years ago so I don't know if it works well and I don't have a idea if this can fix your problem but you can atleast try it out.
 Tried this already, is not working :(
use T4M, it disables the disc-check
It still asks me for my disc, even after moving T4M to my root folder.
You can also use a fixed-EXE which can help you run the game without a cd! I used this website a lot for old games which couldn't past the cd test because the games were too old for the pc (Windows 95)

https://gamecopyworld.eu/games/pc_call_of_duty_5.shtml

For both links, use them at your own risk. I used these websites/tools years ago.
 YES! THANK YOU! Although i'm not that keen on using scary looking websites, it is working! Thank you

Lukkie1998
Respect
Forum Rank
Zombie Enslaver
Primary Group
Community Scripter
My Groups
More
More
Personal Quote
No code is bug free
gympie6's Groups
Tried this already, is not working :(It still asks me for my disc, even after moving T4M to my root folder. YES! THANK YOU! Although i'm not that keen on using scary looking websites, it is working! Thank you

Lukkie1998

1: I think if you make a .iso with your cod cd you will be able to run the game.
2: Yeahhh it's a spooky website but I never got any virusses from the website.
Did a lot of scans with different antivirus programms but couldn't find any.

I am glad I could help :)

Loading ...