Zombie Enslaver
Primary Group
Donator ♥
My Groups
More
Personal Quote
Pizza that is all.
Signature
There's no better feeling in the world than a warm pizza box on your lap.
SoulTaker's Groups
Donator ♥ Benevolent Soul who has our eternal gratitude and exclusive access to betas and the donator section of the forum.
SoulTaker's Contact & Social Links
Hi I just wanted to get input on this subject of weapons. I know people are bored of stock weapons but as a person learning how to map and script a little it kinda haunts me a bit about ever releasing a map because I'm not the best with weapon porting and I don't ever want to half ass something.
broken avatar :(
The King of Zombies
Date Registered: 24 June 2013
Last active: 4 years ago
Respect
Forum Rank
King of the Zombies
Primary Group
Donator ♥
My Groups
More
My Contact & Social Links
More
Signature
Donate to me if you enjoy my work. https://www.paypal.me/thezombiekilla6
Dust's Groups
Donator ♥ Benevolent Soul who has our eternal gratitude and exclusive access to betas and the donator section of the forum.
Dust's Contact & Social LinksMrZ0mbiesFanaticdust103194MrZ0mbiesFanatic
I dont mind ported weapons if they are freaking ported correctly. I hate maps with ported weapons with wrong anims/wrong stats/missing sounds. I would rather take a good amazing looking map like nacht der toten walder(believe thats the name) with stock weapons and perks, then a crap boring map that was obviously thrown together in 5 minutes with ported weapons with wrong stats/missing sounds. There are those rare moments,however, where you have a beautiful looking map with ported weapons that are good ports, like zombie library recently by jzob.
Date Registered: 28 July 2013
Last active: 3 years ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Zombie Enslaver
Primary Group
Donator ♥
My Groups
More
Personal Quote
Pizza that is all.
SoulTaker's Groups
I dont mind ported weapons if they are freaking ported correctly. I hate maps with ported weapons with wrong anims/wrong stats/missing sounds. I would rather take a good amazing looking map like nacht der toten walder(believe thats the name) with stock weapons and perks, then a crap boring map that was obviously thrown together in 5 minutes with ported weapons with wrong stats/missing sounds. There are those rare moments,however, where you have a beautiful looking map with ported weapons that are good ports, like zombie library recently by jzob.
Hmm thanks for the input. I know I don't want ported weapons on a map I make because I'm not like that to just go half way and not finish.
Date Registered: 27 August 2012
Last active: 5 months ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Zombie Colossus
Primary Group
Custom Map Reviewer
My Groups
More
More
Personal Quote
Tommy Wonka & the Idea Factory
tomikaze's Groups
Custom Map Reviewer Has permission to post map review topics in the Custom Map Reviews section of the forum.
Oil Rig Beta Access
Oil Rig Beta Access
If you want newer weapons than the stock WAW weapons (which most people are tired of) then use the current UGX Mod or else wait a little while longer for UGX Mod V1.1.
Not many maps can impress with stock weapons and one of the big reasons that Nacht der toten Walder had stock guns was that it was the missing story arc between Shi No Numa and Der Riese.
Respect
Forum Rank
Zombie Enslaver
Primary Group
Donator ♥
My Groups
More
Personal Quote
Pizza that is all.
SoulTaker's Groups
If you want newer weapons than the stock WAW weapons (which most people are tired of) then use the current UGX Mod or else wait a little while longer for UGX Mod V1.1.
Not many maps can impress with stock weapons and one of the big reasons that Nacht der toten Walder had stock guns was that it was the missing story arc between Shi No Numa and Der Riese.
I shall. I know people are bored of the stock weapons and I can't blame them. I shall try COD 4 and BO weapons and make sure there not broken. Thanks for the input bud!
Date Registered: 21 December 2013
Last active: 4 years ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Perk Hacker
Primary Group
More
Signature
The sound of God is the screech of tires, lights and magnets, bolts and wires. Strayed from the road, this very one, still to come. The sound of tires is the sound of God, the electric version.
mrpeanut188's Groups
mrpeanut188's Contact & Social Linksmrpeanut1881337p34nutmrpeanut188
I shall. I know people are bored of the stock weapons and I can't blame them. I shall try COD 4 and BO weapons and make sure there not broken. Thanks for the input bud!
If you do happen to get some Drag'n'Drop weapons from CFG Factory or the like, just spend 5 minutes to them. I got an MTAR without reload sounds made for COD4, made a new sound alias and added reload sounds, made it use the default W@W knife model settings, made a lot of other adjustments, took 15 minutes.

Seriously, it's just 15 minutes per weapon to pretty much fix most of the DND weapon ports, why many of them are still broken is beyond me.
Respect
Forum Rank
Zombie Enslaver
Primary Group
Donator ♥
My Groups
More
Personal Quote
Pizza that is all.
SoulTaker's Groups
If you do happen to get some Drag'n'Drop weapons from CFG Factory or the like, just spend 5 minutes to them. I got an MTAR without reload sounds made for COD4, made a new sound alias and added reload sounds, made it use the default W@W knife model settings, made a lot of other adjustments, took 15 minutes.

Seriously, it's just 15 minutes per weapon to pretty much fix most of the DND weapon ports, why many of them are still broken is beyond me.
Thanks for the tips ! I shall look around that website. And for now I'm trying to get a map centered around the 1960s so I might use a old weapon or two, but I shall work hard on the weapons part, I know some new mappers are frowned upon because they take the easy way out and don't care or they don't think it hurts the experience but I do care.
  :)
The Doctor
Date Registered: 26 March 2013
Last active: 1 year ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Zombie Colossus
Primary Group
Donator ♥
My Groups
More
timelordalex's Groups
timelordalex's Contact & Social Links
I'll be honest, you wont find me interested in any stock based map, Nacht Walder is a slight exception, but even then my playing experience is hindered on that map, so its not one of my favourites, Farm Swamp I view as an alternate Shi No Numa which looks exceptional but again is very boring, likewise any maps with poorly ported weapons will not get my congrats either so tbh its almost easier just to use a mod like UGX - but that doesn't mean making a box map and slapping a mod on top to make it seem good - which is exactly what i've seen on ZM, maps like farm swamp with UGX on top is what i'd like to see.
Respect
Forum Rank
Zombie Enslaver
Primary Group
Donator ♥
My Groups
More
Personal Quote
Pizza that is all.
SoulTaker's Groups
I'll be honest, you wont find me interested in any stock based map, Nacht Walder is a slight exception, but even then my playing experience is hindered on that map, so its not one of my favourites, Farm Swamp I view as an alternate Shi No Numa which looks exceptional but again is very boring, likewise any maps with poorly ported weapons will not get my congrats either so tbh its almost easier just to use a mod like UGX - but that doesn't mean making a box map and slapping a mod on top to make it seem good - which is exactly what i've seen on ZM, maps like farm swamp with UGX on top is what i'd like to see.
Lol I get you. The reason I made this was because I was afraid of porting weapons and doing a terrible job at it which is why I thought of this. I'm working on a more serious map now for about 2 weeks so no box map, I have started some porting from  Black Ops so hopefully everything goes good thanks for your input!

Loading ...