UGX V.I.P.
My Groups
More
My Contact & Social Links
More
Personal Quote
Welcome to Luketown
sevengpluke's Groups
Donator ♥ Benevolent Soul who has our eternal gratitude and exclusive access to betas and the donator section of the forum.
UGX V.I.P.
UGX V.I.P.
Community Mapper Has released one or more maps to the UGX-Mods community which have been added to the UGX Map Manager.
Oil Rig Beta Access
Oil Rig Beta Access
sevengpluke's Contact & Social Linksdalukesevengplukesevengplukesevengplukesevengpluke
Sup community, Luke here lol. I know these type of post get made all the time but its now my turn to make one, as I'm I need of some inputs before I go forth with my new PC purchases. Next week Friday I was planning on purchasing this PC here: www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=83-230-030

And then later upgrading the parts inside the PC with the followings:

www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16819113284&cm_re=amd-_-19-113-284-_-Product

www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820231428&cm_re=ram_8gb-_-20-231-428-_-Product

www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=14-127-860

Is this a good buy? Will WAW run fine on the base PC at 720p? Are those upgraded parts compatible with this base? Would I be able to run new released games such as black ops 3 and tekken 7 after all upgrades are made at at least 720p? Thanks for the help.

P.S. I'm not a hardware guy sorry :P
Last Edit: October 31, 2015, 07:48:05 pm by sevengpluke
broken avatar :(
OnionmanVere Bo21
Date Registered: 27 September 2013
Last active: 1 year ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Zombie Destroyer
Primary Group
Community Mapper
My Groups
More
Personal Quote
ok
Signature
Aye mate you don't know me so y don't you shut tf up ok buddy :)

Scobalula's Groups
Donator ♥ Benevolent Soul who has our eternal gratitude and exclusive access to betas and the donator section of the forum.
Box Mappers Elite
Box Mappers Elite
Community Mapper Has released one or more maps to the UGX-Mods community which have been added to the UGX Map Manager.
Community Scripter Has shown effort and knowledge in the area of scripting while being a part of the UGX-Mods community.
Scobalula's Contact & Social Links
It would definitely run BO3 and WaW at 720p pretty good, not sure about Tekken 7.

You might even be able to go to 1080p for BO3, WaW should have no issues and you should get 60+FPS.
Last Edit: October 31, 2015, 07:52:03 pm by Scobalula
  • steviewonder87
  • Deleted Member
steviewonder87
This user is deleted :(
You'll be able to run WAW on 1080p max settings and probably get about 500fps+ depending on the map I reckon, not sure about BO3, but I'd imagine you could easily play on 1080p max settings with that.
Date Registered: 8 June 2013
Last active: 3 months ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Mr. Elemental
Primary Group
UGX V.I.P.
My Groups
More
More
Personal Quote
Welcome to Luketown
sevengpluke's Groups
UGX V.I.P.
UGX V.I.P.
Oil Rig Beta Access
Oil Rig Beta Access
sevengpluke's Contact & Social Linksdalukesevengplukesevengplukesevengplukesevengpluke
When you guys say It should be able to handle it, are you talking about the base or the upgraded base? Because I won't be to upgrade the base for 2 weeks after getting it next Friday. Should waw run fine at 720p 60fps on the base? BO3 and tekken 7 is for when I upgrade. And are the upgrade parts compatible? I'd assume the ram should be fine but what about the processor and graphics? Thanks.
☭ Soviet Commander ☭
Date Registered: 13 August 2012
Last active: 8 years ago
Respect
Forum Rank
King of the Zombies
Primary Group
Community Daedra
My Groups
More
More
Signature
Let's keep this thread on topic from here on in. -DBZ

+1 to off-topic reply -DBZ

lmao. Too funny.

Goliath Script Placer: http://ugx-mods.com/forum/index.php/topic,11234.msg125257/topicseen.html#new

"...Christ, people. Learn C, instead of just stringing random characters
together until it compiles (with warnings)..."

-Linus Torvalds
daedra descent's Groups
Community Daedra
Community Daedra
daedra descent's Contact & Social LinksBlueSoviet
The base is a pretty good buy. While i generally don't recommend AMD CPUs because of the lower per core performance, it is a quad core. Any game that takes full advantage of them shouldn't have much trouble.

The big thing with that computer -in my mind- is the case. According to the pictures it has plenty of room for a full length graphics card and plenty of room for cooling. Not that you should be having cooling problems regardless, the Maxwell(architecture of the GTX 960) generally runs very cool in just about any configuration. However, the room is always nice incase you want to expand.

and just as an FYI, that power supply isn't powerful enough for a 960. Since your also getting a new CPU, i'd recommend a 500+ Watt 80+ gold power supply. While the 960 only recommends a 400, its always good to go a bit above that for head room. Cheeping out on the power supply generally isn't a very good idea because if it goes out it can take other components with it.

Here is one from EVGA: https://www.evga.com/Products/Product.aspx?pn=220-GS-0550-V1

For the other parts, the 950 4GB will serve you well in any 1080P game. Basically the best value graphics card out there. For RAM, i wouldn't worry about it too much, RAM is pretty standard. For the CPU... might not even need it, really. Any game that utilizes multiple CPU cores should run fine.
Last Edit: November 01, 2015, 12:00:05 am by daedra descent
Respect
Forum Rank
Mr. Elemental
Primary Group
UGX V.I.P.
My Groups
More
More
Personal Quote
Welcome to Luketown
sevengpluke's Groups
UGX V.I.P.
UGX V.I.P.
Oil Rig Beta Access
Oil Rig Beta Access
The base is a pretty good buy. While i generally don't recommend AMD CPUs because of the lower per core performance, it is a quad core. Any game that takes full advantage of them shouldn't have much trouble.

The big thing with that computer -in my mind- is the case. According to the pictures it has plenty of room for a full length graphics card and plenty of room for cooling. Not that you should be having cooling problems regardless, the Maxwell(architecture of the GTX 960) generally runs very cool in just about any configuration. However, the room is always nice incase you want to expand.

and just as an FYI, that power supply isn't powerful enough for a 960. Since your also getting a new CPU, i'd recommend a 500+ Watt 80+ gold power supply. While the 960 only recommends a 400, its always good to go a bit above that for head room. Cheeping out on the power supply generally isn't a very good idea because if it goes out it can take other components with it.

Here is one from EVGA: https://www.evga.com/Products/Product.aspx?pn=220-GS-0550-V1

For the other parts, the 950 4GB will serve you well in any 1080P game. Basically the best value graphics card out there. For RAM, i wouldn't worry about it too much, RAM is pretty standard. For the CPU... might not even need it, really. Any game that utilizes multiple CPU cores should run fine.

Thanks for the detailed post. So basically your saying is to just get the graphics card I linked and the power supply you linked and I should be fine? Thanks.
Last Edit: November 01, 2015, 02:07:16 pm by sevengpluke
OnionmanVere Bo21
Date Registered: 27 September 2013
Last active: 1 year ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Zombie Destroyer
Primary Group
Community Mapper
My Groups
More
Personal Quote
ok
Scobalula's Groups
Box Mappers Elite
Box Mappers Elite
Community Scripter Has shown effort and knowledge in the area of scripting while being a part of the UGX-Mods community.
Scobalula's Contact & Social Links
Thanks for the detailed post. So basically your saying is to just get the graphics card I linked and the power supply you linked and I should be fine? Thanks.

Yes, kinda lucky DD checked the PSU. lol. I wouldn't touch a cheap PSU with a ten foot pole, 80+ Bronze at least. ;) The one DD linked is perfect, EVGA are pretty good. :)
Respect
Forum Rank
Mr. Elemental
Primary Group
UGX V.I.P.
My Groups
More
More
Personal Quote
Welcome to Luketown
sevengpluke's Groups
UGX V.I.P.
UGX V.I.P.
Oil Rig Beta Access
Oil Rig Beta Access
Yes, kinda lucky DD checked the PSU. lol. I wouldn't touch a cheap PSU with a ten foot pole, 80+ Bronze at least. ;) The one DD linked is perfect, EVGA are pretty good. :)

Sweet thanks for the help guys. Can't wait till Friday now :D
☭ Soviet Commander ☭
Respect
Forum Rank
King of the Zombies
Primary Group
Community Daedra
My Groups
More
More
daedra descent's Groups
Community Daedra
Community Daedra
Sweet thanks for the help guys. Can't wait till Friday now :D

Not a problem. Good luck doing the cabal management.  xD

Could be worse. The PSU i linked is modular, meaning that you can get rid of some power cords if you don't need them and the case has room in the back panel for cables. Just takes a bit of time and patience.
Last Edit: November 01, 2015, 10:20:06 pm by daedra descent
Respect
Forum Rank
Mr. Elemental
Primary Group
UGX V.I.P.
My Groups
More
More
Personal Quote
Welcome to Luketown
sevengpluke's Groups
UGX V.I.P.
UGX V.I.P.
Oil Rig Beta Access
Oil Rig Beta Access
Not a problem. Good luck doing the cabal management.  xD

Could be worse. The PSU i linked is modular, meaning that you can get rid of some power cords if you don't need them and the case has room in the back panel for cables. Just takes a bit of time and patience.

Thread Revival :lol:

So I finally got around to getting the new pc but I didn't do what I stated in the OP. Instead of the pre build linked in the OP, this is what I actually ended up buying: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16883227507
I won't be doing the ram upgrade anymore as it has 8gb of ram already, nor the processor upgrade cause it already has the 8 core. I still want to possibly do the video card upgrade with the same one I linked in the OP. Can this still be done with this pre build? Also a coworker was telling me that my power supply is very bad in this pre build. Can you link me to another good power supply or can I still use the one you linked above? Thanks.
☭ Soviet Commander ☭
Respect
Forum Rank
King of the Zombies
Primary Group
Community Daedra
My Groups
More
More
daedra descent's Groups
Community Daedra
Community Daedra
Thread Revival :lol:

So I finally got around to getting the new pc but I didn't do what I stated in the OP. Instead of the pre build linked in the OP, this is what I actually ended up buying: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16883227507
I won't be doing the ram upgrade anymore as it has 8gb of ram already, nor the processor upgrade cause it already has the 8 core. I still want to possibly do the video card upgrade with the same one I linked in the OP. Can this still be done with this pre build? Also a coworker was telling me that my power supply is very bad in this pre build. Can you link me to another good power supply or can I still use the one you linked above? Thanks.

Take a tape measurer and see what the total distance between where your 950 is and the hard drive cage where your current hard drive is.

Don't know about the power supply since it doesn't even give the model(which is just awful). Look up the power supply on newegg and compare the dimensions using a tape measurer.

link: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817438049&cm_re=220-GS-0550-V1-_-17-438-049-_-Product

On tablet so sorry for not explaining enough.
  • DeletedUser
  • Deleted Member
DeletedUser
This user is deleted :(
Everything is good except the GPU, for BO3 I'd recommend a GPU that has 2GB+
Date Registered: 17 January 2014
Last active: 4 years ago
Respect
1,004Add +1
Forum Rank
Immortal
Primary Group
Community Scripter
My Groups
More
More
Signature
If you want scripts / features made for you, then contact me by PM or email / skype etc
it will cost you tho so if you have no intention of reciprocating don't even waste my time ;)
Harry Bo21's Groups
Harry Bo21's Contact & Social Links[email protected]HarryBo21HarryBo000
why are they always packaging pcs with such underpowered PSUs anyway?

I mean mine had a 350 originally, if you count all componants in the PC, that was borderline already with hardly anything in it.

Seems so cheap to me, considering market prices are prob ridiculously cheap for them...
☭ Soviet Commander ☭
Respect
Forum Rank
King of the Zombies
Primary Group
Community Daedra
My Groups
More
More
daedra descent's Groups
Community Daedra
Community Daedra
why are they always packaging pcs with such underpowered PSUs anyway?

I mean mine had a 350 originally, if you count all componants in the PC, that was borderline already with hardly anything in it.

Seems so cheap to me, considering market prices are prob ridiculously cheap for them...

They want to keep the price as low as possible. They literally use the cheapest coponents they can get their hands on which can lead to failure and take out other PC components with it. Also anyone who wants to upgrade it is going to have to buy a new one and do the cable management all over again which is suck a pain, especially if you buy a non modular power supply.

Kind of like how when you go to Walmart or BestBuy most computers have really crappy hard drives and graphics cards. Makes the computer more affordable and appealing to people who don't really understand computer tech.

So yeah, i wouldn't have that thing near my computer. Crappy generic power supply is crap.

Everything is good except the GPU, for BO3 I'd recommend a GPU that has 2GB+

The GTX 950 has 2GB and is probably more than enough for medium settings at 1080P. From what i've read on the Steam forums, Treyarch has recently locked the settings so if you don't have 4GB of VRAM you can't access ULTRA settings so... yeah.

Last Edit: December 16, 2015, 10:20:20 pm by daedra descent
Respect
Forum Rank
Mr. Elemental
Primary Group
UGX V.I.P.
My Groups
More
More
Personal Quote
Welcome to Luketown
sevengpluke's Groups
UGX V.I.P.
UGX V.I.P.
Oil Rig Beta Access
Oil Rig Beta Access
The power supply is no where near the motherboard or harddrive. And the 950 card is the dual fan version. Is that enough information or do I need to actually find a measuring tape :alone:

Loading ...