My Groups
More
My Contact & Social Links
More
Personal Quote
Letting Zombies eat my brains since 82
Signature
Zombiejelly's Groups
Donator ♥ Benevolent Soul who has our eternal gratitude and exclusive access to betas and the donator section of the forum.
Zombiejelly's Contact & Social LinksZombiejelly115Zombiejelly115@BradtimmsZombiejelly
OK my computer has not been acting right in the last couple of days so I started doing some investigating into the problem running full scans and pretty much every kind of scan you could think of. What I found was that I have a Trojan virus according to Mcafee, Norton and F-secure. Well anyway every time the antivirus programs try and get rid of the file it wont let it, f-secure just keeps looping. It says a virus has been detected and when I choose to fix it will say its removed and then it goes back and gives the same message again( yes I did restart on numerous times and still would not fix. So then I found out where the infected file was and turns out its in my 86x google folder. When I go in and try to delete it manually my icons on the desktop disappear for about 5 seconds and then they come back up with the file still not being deleted. Does anyone know anything else I can do to fix this problem. All help will be greatly appreciated :(
broken avatar :(
☭ Soviet Commander ☭
Date Registered: 13 August 2012
Last active: 8 years ago
Respect
Forum Rank
King of the Zombies
Primary Group
Community Daedra
My Groups
More
More
Signature
Let's keep this thread on topic from here on in. -DBZ

+1 to off-topic reply -DBZ

lmao. Too funny.

Goliath Script Placer: http://ugx-mods.com/forum/index.php/topic,11234.msg125257/topicseen.html#new

"...Christ, people. Learn C, instead of just stringing random characters
together until it compiles (with warnings)..."

-Linus Torvalds
daedra descent's Groups
Community Daedra
Community Daedra
daedra descent's Contact & Social LinksBlueSoviet
if you have an secondary OS such as Ubuntu you can delete it that way, only thing i can think of since the virus can regenerate itself while Windows is active.

(Ubuntu is free BTW and takes like half an hour to install)
Last Edit: November 16, 2013, 07:43:50 pm by daedra descent
Date Registered: 24 September 2012
Last active: 6 years ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Perk Hacker
Primary Group
Donator ♥
My Groups
More
More
Personal Quote
Zombiejelly's Groups
Donator ♥ Benevolent Soul who has our eternal gratitude and exclusive access to betas and the donator section of the forum.
Zombiejelly's Contact & Social LinksZombiejelly115Zombiejelly115@BradtimmsZombiejelly
ok Im going to try that
☭ Soviet Commander ☭
Respect
Forum Rank
King of the Zombies
Primary Group
Community Daedra
My Groups
More
More
daedra descent's Groups
Community Daedra
Community Daedra
wait, make a partion on your hard drive and install the secondary OS to that, otherwise you'll copy onto Windows folder, which will cause issues, if not ruin your windows OS.

make the partion NTFS and 20 GB

Last Edit: November 16, 2013, 08:20:31 pm by daedra descent
[UGX] Founder
Date Registered: 24 June 2011
Last active: 9 months ago
Respect
6,691Add +1
Forum Rank
Immortal
Primary Group
UGX Administrator
My Groups
More
More
Signature
If Java had true garbage collection, most programs would delete themselves upon execution.
treminaor's Groups
UGX Administrator
UGX Team Member
UGX Site Moderator Has the ability to issue warnings to users, edit and remove posts from the forum and to move topics to other boards. Upholds the rules of the forum. Moderates Chat Rooms.
Ubuntu is overkill for a virus removal and if you don't know what you're doing you'll probably screw up your boot partition in the process.

I would suggest trying Windows Safemode by pressing F8 repeatedly during the computer's boot process and choosing "Launch Safemode" from the menu that comes up. If you can't get into Safemode then the virus has already gotten deep enough into your system files that Safe Mode is no longer an option. At that point I would take the drive out of the computer and use another computer to scan the drive as an external. If you can't get access to another computer or don't know how/don't want to remove the drive, take it to a shop and have them clean it for you.

If you can get into Safemode then try the virus removal again from there. I suggest Malwarebytes Anti-Malware (free).
Respect
Forum Rank
Perk Hacker
Primary Group
Donator ♥
My Groups
More
More
Personal Quote
Zombiejelly's Groups
Well taking it apart is going to be tricky since its alienware x51, so im afraid i will screw something up when diassembling or assembling. Im going to try the program u are talking about and see what happens.
Date Registered: 11 May 2013
Last active: 2 years ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Zombie Colossus
Primary Group
Donator ♥
My Groups
More
More
Personal Quote
SHOW ME WHAT YOU GOT
Signature
DeathBringerZen's Groups
You can run Ubuntu from a disc without installing it, and it lets you access system files where you will easily be able to remove the troublesome file, but Trem is right... Using Linux is overkill, and requires you to have to go to the length of downloading it.

Safe mode should let you remove the file manually and easily, unless it a system file that is infected, and if it is in the Google folder, then it should not be.

Off topic... +1 daedra for at least acknowledging Ubuntu. I think it is a great OS, and have it duel booting on my laptop. :D
Last Edit: November 18, 2013, 12:17:16 pm by DeathBringerZen
☭ Soviet Commander ☭
Respect
Forum Rank
King of the Zombies
Primary Group
Community Daedra
My Groups
More
More
daedra descent's Groups
Community Daedra
Community Daedra
I apologize, i hoped that when i suggested trying deleting it from a secondary OS that people would do some info gathering first before doing it. Like trem said, it's a bit overkill - but from the sound of it, this virus is pretty bad, and if you take it to a "professional", chances are their going to use some type of external program or OS to get rid of it IF conventional virus remove method's don't work. I've seen a someone do this first hand when i had a virus on an old Windows XP, every time an anti-virus program attempted to scan or remove the virus, the computer would force shutdown, even in safe mode.

Last Edit: November 18, 2013, 03:09:41 am by daedra descent
[UGX] Founder
Date Registered: 24 June 2011
Last active: 9 months ago
Respect
6,691Add +1
Forum Rank
Immortal
Primary Group
UGX Administrator
My Groups
More
More
treminaor's Groups
UGX Administrator
UGX Team Member
UGX Site Moderator Has the ability to issue warnings to users, edit and remove posts from the forum and to move topics to other boards. Upholds the rules of the forum. Moderates Chat Rooms.
and if you take it to a "professional", chances are their going to use some type of external program or OS to get rid of it
I agree, that's most likely what they would do (and that's what I would do if it were me). I was mainly assuming that since he has already exhausted his abilities to remove this virus with virus programs that he should probably take it to someone who has the setup to take care of it with an external OS or HDD scan.

It's good to provide all of the options, which is what I feel we are trying to do here. Nothing to apologize for.
Respect
Forum Rank
Perk Hacker
Primary Group
Donator ♥
My Groups
More
More
Personal Quote
Zombiejelly's Groups
ok here is the deal, I was able to get into safe mode and I tryed to delete it manually and was not able to do so. I downloaded the malware program you told me about and ran it while in safe mode and it seems to have got rid of it. I thought I had got rid of it before also but it seems to have came back. I hope that its gone this time. If it does come back up I will have to take it in. I really cant understand how I got it in the first place but I see how nasty these viruses can be. Thanks guys for the help in this matter. Daedra u need not apoligize for anything, you were just trying to help and for that im greatful. Luckily Im not the type of person that just goes and downloads something not knowing what im doing ;)

Loading ...