Respect
Forum Rank
Mr. Elemental
Primary Group
My Contact & Social Links
More
Signature
Zombies are the opposites of girls, they do care about your brain

I discovered yesterday evening while listening to music that my headset doesn't work anymore. Tested it today and same result. I have the Turtle Beach PX22 and tried plugging in phone without amp and pc with amp but still the same. My problem is that I don't get any audio out of my left ear cussion, where the mic is also connected so it doesn't work either. Should I get a new one, get it fixed or fix it myself? I have the receipt but it's 2 years old so I'll probably won't get any warranty  :poker:
Last Edit: August 10, 2015, 06:36:30 pm by KnivingCombat777
broken avatar :(
Date Registered: 20 June 2014
Last active: 2 days ago
Respect
Forum Rank
The Decider
Primary Group
Personal Quote
Behold the power of Mirror Force
Signature
The greatest failure is not to try and fail, but is to fail without trying.
Ramiabdh's Groups
Ramiabdh's Contact & Social Links
Suffered from this problem for two headsets :'( till now!! And couldn't figure out the problem.
Last Edit: August 10, 2015, 06:50:53 pm by Ramiabdh
Date Registered: 7 March 2014
Last active: 2 days ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Zombie Colossus
Primary Group
UGX Site Moderator
My Groups
More
More
MZslayer11's Groups
UGX Site Moderator Has the ability to issue warnings to users, edit and remove posts from the forum and to move topics to other boards. Upholds the rules of the forum. Moderates Chat Rooms.
MZslayer11's Contact & Social LinksMZslayer11Service_Code_30#2655
My problem is that I don't get any audio out of my left ear cussion, where the mic is also connected so it doesn't work either.

I have had this problem on 2 sets of earbuds in the past year when one side stops working. I have found the problem usually  lies here:

If wiggling the cord around this area results in short periods of sound coming from the broken side, then this is probably your problem. This just comes from alot of use and wear and tear on the headphones, its a pretty common problem.

A way to fix it is to cut off the old plug a centimeter or so up the cord and re-solder on a new plug.

! No longer available
Date Registered: 28 September 2013
Last active: 3 months ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Zombie Destroyer
Primary Group
Donator ♥
My Groups
More
More
conn6orsuper117's Groups
Donator ♥ Benevolent Soul who has our eternal gratitude and exclusive access to betas and the donator section of the forum.
conn6orsuper117's Contact & Social LinksConn6orsuper117ITS-CS117
I discovered yesterday evening while listening to music that my headset doesn't work anymore. Tested it today and same result. I have the Turtle Beach PX22 and tried plugging in phone without amp and pc with amp but still the same. My problem is that I don't get any audio out of my left ear cussion, where the mic is also connected so it doesn't work either. Should I get a new one, get it fixed or fix it myself? I have the receipt but it's 2 years old so I'll probably won't get any warranty  :poker:
There was a trick made by CrazyRussianHacker that included a those mechanical pencil springs and twisting the spring onto the cord. I had the same problems with charger cords and Xbox controllers and it works for just about both (I had to do something to make the spring fatter so they wouldn't strangle the cord on the Xbox controller).

Edit: found the video, the Copy URL at current time option wouldnt work for me
( You know what? the new video interfaces don't work!! Quit changing Sh!t, Youtube!!!)
! No longer available

Just fast foward the video to 2:21 and you'll see the trick you can use on your headset cords.
as I said the trick may look like it works only for charger cords but it works for just about any cords like the charger in the video.
Last Edit: August 13, 2015, 10:29:36 am by conn6orsuper117

Loading ...