UGX-Mods Login

or login with an authentication provider below
Sign In with Google
Sign In with Twitter
Sign In with Discord
Sign In with Steam
Sign In with Facebook
Sign In with Twitch

[32/40] Zebba Farms: Oz Part One - Getting munched by Munchkins.

broken avatar :(
Created 11 years ago
by tomikaze
Date Registered: 27 August 2012
Last active: 4 months ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Zombie Colossus
Primary Group
Custom Map Reviewer
My Groups
More
My Contact & Social Links
More
Personal Quote
Tommy Wonka & the Idea Factory
tomikaze's Groups
Donator ♥ Benevolent Soul who has our eternal gratitude and exclusive access to betas and the donator section of the forum.
Custom Map Reviewer Has permission to post map review topics in the Custom Map Reviews section of the forum.
Oil Rig Beta Access
Oil Rig Beta Access

Zebba Farms was made by the mapper [ZCT]Chaos who also created Nazi Zombie 420 as well as Dollhouse 1 & 2, he also seems to have an affinity for seeing teddy bears get shot in the face.

Setting:  This map takes place on a farm in the middle of a giant corn field probably in Kansas if I had to guess. The only buildings that you can go into are a general store and a barn that you must unlock by giving 4 teddy bears each a lead sandwich. From there you have access to the power switch as well as the ability to open an underground tunnel system.

Positives: The map looks amazing, like something straight out of a movie. I wanted to make a crawler just to walk around and look at things, it's that good. It also has a few custom features mainly the UGX Standalone Mod which adds a tremendous amount of value to it given that you can take advantage of the different game modes and have a legitimate reason to play it over and over again. The Wizard of Oz custom UGX loading screen was a nice touch as well.

Negatives: It is a small/medium sized map but for survival purposes you're going to want to stay above ground and out of the buildings which cuts out half of the already small playable area as far as space you will utilized during rounds. This turns the map into an excercise in perfecting your circle strategy running ability. The easter egg to get to the buyable ending could have been longer and you really wish that there was more to do on such a good looking map. Also, being able to buy most, if not all, of the weapons off the wall made the mystery box pointless which was a real bummer.

Conclusion: This map swung for the fences and has a lot going for it, but just came up short on content and real estate. If there would have been a few more buildings and places to explore it would have been a great map instead of just a really good one. Will I play it again? Yes, the gun game and sharpshooter are calling me right now.

Level of Detail: 10/10
Custom Content: 8/10
Fun Scale: 8/10
Replayablility: 6/10

Score: 32/40

Download:
Available on the UGX Map Manager.
Last Edit: May 13, 2013, 05:33:26 am by tomikaze
[UGX] Founder
Date Registered: 24 June 2011
Last active: 8 months ago
Respect
6,691Add +1
Forum Rank
Immortal
Primary Group
UGX Administrator
My Groups
More
More
Signature
If Java had true garbage collection, most programs would delete themselves upon execution.
treminaor's Groups
UGX Administrator
UGX Team Member
UGX Site Moderator Has the ability to issue warnings to users, edit and remove posts from the forum and to move topics to other boards. Upholds the rules of the forum. Moderates Chat Rooms.
Great review. I got the chance to play it for the first time yesterday and I was pretty impressed with the appearance of the map. It's definitely the best map from Chaos to date as far as looks :)
Date Registered: 13 June 2013
Last active: 7 years ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Legless Crawler
Primary Group
More
Signature
FLUXtrance's Groups
Great review. I will say one thing though. I definitely think this map goes from a 6, to a 10/10 on replayability, JUST because of how fun Gun Game is on this map. Not entirely sure why it was rewarded a 6 (maybe only based off survival?) but other than that, I couldn't agree more. Excellent job Chaos, this map is a ton of fun.
Date Registered: 27 August 2012
Last active: 4 months ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Zombie Colossus
Primary Group
Custom Map Reviewer
My Groups
More
More
Personal Quote
Tommy Wonka & the Idea Factory
tomikaze's Groups
Donator ♥ Benevolent Soul who has our eternal gratitude and exclusive access to betas and the donator section of the forum.
Custom Map Reviewer Has permission to post map review topics in the Custom Map Reviews section of the forum.
Oil Rig Beta Access
Oil Rig Beta Access
Great review. I will say one thing though. I definitely think this map goes from a 6, to a 10/10 on replayability, JUST because of how fun Gun Game is on this map. Not entirely sure why it was rewarded a 6 (maybe only based off survival?) but other than that, I couldn't agree more. Excellent job Chaos, this map is a ton of fun.

I'm with you, the reviewer is a douchebag.
[UGX] Founder
Date Registered: 24 June 2011
Last active: 8 months ago
Respect
6,691Add +1
Forum Rank
Immortal
Primary Group
UGX Administrator
My Groups
More
More
treminaor's Groups
UGX Administrator
UGX Team Member
UGX Site Moderator Has the ability to issue warnings to users, edit and remove posts from the forum and to move topics to other boards. Upholds the rules of the forum. Moderates Chat Rooms.
I think the only thing that hurt replayability for me was the size of the map. Gungame can be found on multiple maps so I don't think it should have a super heavy weight in that category either. I agree it could be a 7/10 but probably not much higher in my opinion. Great map through, as you said :) Looking forward to part II.

:lol:
Date Registered: 13 June 2013
Last active: 7 years ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Legless Crawler
Primary Group
More
FLUXtrance's Groups

ha! sorry, I suppose that did come off a bit douche-y. I only meant to add to the review, not take away from yours. :)
The Doctor
Date Registered: 26 March 2013
Last active: 1 year ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Zombie Colossus
Primary Group
Donator ♥
My Groups
More
timelordalex's Groups
timelordalex's Contact & Social Links
i really love the gun game on here as it was made fairer and didnt take forever to get to next gun nor does dying set you back a lot

Loading ...