Custom Map Reviewer
My Groups
More
My Contact & Social Links
More
Personal Quote
Tommy Wonka & the Idea Factory
tomikaze's Groups
Donator ♥ Benevolent Soul who has our eternal gratitude and exclusive access to betas and the donator section of the forum.
Custom Map Reviewer Has permission to post map review topics in the Custom Map Reviews section of the forum.
Oil Rig Beta Access
Oil Rig Beta Access

Creator: Gbomb

Setting: Welcome to the Christmas version of Verruckt Mansion. Gbomb may have been sitting around with Radient open, perhaps knocking back a few glasses of eggnog getting himself all full of the holiday spirit, and then, all of a sudden mapping met merriment and BAM! we get SS Mansion – a less difficult version of his map Verruckt Mansion which is all decorated in colorful Christmas lights so that you feel all warm and friendly moments before zombies eat through your chest cavity! Oh look at me, here I am getting all sappy; Merry Christmas friends!

Positives: Since I mainly play zombies solo Verruckt Mansion was a hard map for me to get going on because there are quite a few doors to buy before you got to any decent weapons. Gbomb changes things up here by giving you a completely new starting area and quite a bit of room to train up the zombies before actually having to go into the mansion itself. Once you are inside the mansion though, there are no training areas so you'd better be confident that you can survive with the guns you have. I absolutely love how you have to work your way through this map; the way it is laid out is so much fun. You end up taking this twisty-turny route through the mansion leaving you wondering where the heck you are going to go next.

Negatives:  If you’re complaining about this map then you should probably just place your thumbs firmly against your eyeballs and force them out the back of your head because you are a loser! This map’s old and “features” didn’t exist back then. *(grumble) Bah humbug, ungrateful spoiled little brats (grumble)*

Conclusion: This map feels like a creepy old mansion that tells a terrifying story without saying a word. It's a great map to kick back with your friends, have some fun conversation and slay some zombies; and given the Christmas theme there is no better time to fire up this true custom zombie classic!

Level of Detail: 6/10
Custom Content: 1/10
Fun Scale: 7/10
Replayability: 6/10

Score: 20/40  (Let the record show that when it comes to OLD maps I think this numerical rating system is BS)

Download Link: http://www.mediafire.com/download/g2e67semyt3zs4w/nazi_zombie_ssmansion.zip
Last Edit: November 25, 2014, 04:52:23 am by tomikaze
broken avatar :(
[UGX] Founder
Date Registered: 24 June 2011
Last active: 8 months ago
Respect
6,691Add +1
Forum Rank
Immortal
Primary Group
UGX Administrator
My Groups
More
More
Signature
If Java had true garbage collection, most programs would delete themselves upon execution.
treminaor's Groups
UGX Administrator
UGX Team Member
UGX Site Moderator Has the ability to issue warnings to users, edit and remove posts from the forum and to move topics to other boards. Upholds the rules of the forum. Moderates Chat Rooms.
(Let the record show that when it comes to OLD maps I think this numerical rating system is BS)
( Let the record show that custom content was just as possible in OLD maps as it is right now )
Date Registered: 25 June 2013
Last active: 8 months ago
Respect
1,024Add +1
Forum Rank
Eviscerator
Primary Group
UGX V.I.P.
My Groups
More
More
HitmanVere's Groups
Donator ♥ Benevolent Soul who has our eternal gratitude and exclusive access to betas and the donator section of the forum.
UGX V.I.P.
UGX V.I.P.
Community Mapper Has released one or more maps to the UGX-Mods community which have been added to the UGX Map Manager.
BO3 Modtools Alpha
BO3 Modtools Alpha
This user has access to the Black Ops 3 Modtools Alpha
( Let the record show that custom content was just as possible in OLD maps as it is right now )

Oh, burn, Tomi  :lol:

But yeah, this map was one of the first ones I ever saw out of CZ vids and it was amazing back then. Creator should make a comeback and make a v2 of this map asap :D
Date Registered: 27 August 2012
Last active: 4 months ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Zombie Colossus
Primary Group
Custom Map Reviewer
My Groups
More
More
Personal Quote
Tommy Wonka & the Idea Factory
tomikaze's Groups
Custom Map Reviewer Has permission to post map review topics in the Custom Map Reviews section of the forum.
Oil Rig Beta Access
Oil Rig Beta Access
Oh, burn, Tomi  :lol:
Yea, what can you say when Trem puts you in your place?  "Yes sir, may I have another?"

But yeah, this map was one of the first ones I ever saw out of CZ vids and it was amazing back then. Creator should make a comeback and make a v2 of this map asap :D
It would be cool to see someone make  an extremely elaborate mansion like this again with more modern weaponry and maybe some nasty traps to have to avoid. I mean starting outside in a garage, going outside, then in the mansion, all throughout the mansion, then down into this laboratory/torture chamber basement area. This was just mind-blowing at the time.

Loading ...