⠀⢀⢀⡀⠀⢀⣤⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⡀⡀
⠀⣿⡟⡇⠀⠭⡋⠅⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⢰⣟⢿
⠀⣹⡌⠀⠀⣨⣾⣷⣄⠀⠀⠀⠀⢈⠔⠌
⠰⣷⣿⡀⢐⢿⣿⣿⢻⠀⠀⠀⢠⣿⡿⡤⣴⠄⢀⣀⡀
⠘⣿⣿⠂⠈⢸⣿⣿⣸⠀⠀⠀⢘⣿⣿⣀⡠⣠⣺⣿⣷
⠀⣿⣿⡆⠀⢸⣿⣿⣾⡇⠀⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣗⣻⡻⠿⠁
⠀⣿⣿⡇⠀⢸⣿⣿⡇⠀⠀⠉⠉⠉⠉⠉⠉⠁
Koan's Groups
Donator ♥ Benevolent Soul who has our eternal gratitude and exclusive access to betas and the donator section of the forum.
Oil Rig Beta Access
Oil Rig Beta Access
Koan's Contact & Social Linksh-r_Koan_my website
Map created by pcmodder.

Spoiler: click to open...

At an unknown location, an entire research facility has been experimenting with teleporters gone wrong, and they're turning people into flesh-eating zombies. The zombies bit one of the researchers, and the infection soon spread. Your mission as a survivor is to find out how the facility staff all became walking corpses – even though the mapper has just told you how. Kill the zombies – for science!

I somewhat enjoyed Undead Overkill, if only for a short while. For a first map, it's better than many of the releases I've seen, but there is room for improvement (though this is the case for every map).

PROS:
- Thankfully, there are no useless rooms in this release, which I must praise highly. It's always good to see when there are no vast open areas where I can train zombies in circles until the sun implodes. It stops the map from being too easy.
- It also features more than one direction from spawn, so the map doesn't have too much of a linear feel to it. Having only one direction to go is more of a personal hate of mine, but it's justified.
- Randomised perks ensure the player has to move rather than camp in the same spot blasting an LMG. Another peeve of mine.
- Zombies also enter the playable area from the ceiling, forcing the player to use a vertical perspective on top of the horizontal one they may be used to in FPS games.

CONS:
- Soul chests can be good when used suitably, but they don't really fit to this map's theme with how they're used here. If custom models had been used I'd be more inclined, but the default model supplied looks more out of place than a paedophile in Toys R Us.
- There doesn't appear to be much in the map that makes it unique; much of it is someone else's signature on another mapper's work.
- The textures and models used are quite plain and seem to be arbitrary, and there isn't much to look at in the map. Much of it is stock. I personally don't mind stock textures, when used well, but in my opinion this isn't one of those maps.
- Though the map doesn't feel linear, it does feel closed, with similar rooms and no outdoor areas.

MISC:
- Objectives serve their purpose in this map, even if they're not the most unique.
- High FOV, but there is no option to change it.
- UGX Mod is good fun, but doesn't improve or worsen the map.

CONCLUSION:
It's a solid effort, but the low replayability value makes it hard to recommend. I'm sure the mapper will improve with his next release, as most mappers do. It will be interesting to see his progress. I'd suggest adding some more custom content that is the mapper's own work, and experimenting with different types of area within the same map, rather than similar rooms.

---
Level of Detail: 5/10
Custom Content: 5/10
Fun Scale: 5/10
Replayability: 4/10

Overall Score: 19/40

Download link: http://ugx-mods.com/forum/index.php/topic,8085.0.html
Last Edit: October 07, 2015, 05:39:49 pm by Koan
broken avatar :(
Date Registered: 22 September 2014
Last active: 4 years ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Perk Hacker
Primary Group
Donator ♥
My Groups
More
My Contact & Social Links
More
Personal Quote
Here to make epic maps
pcmodder's Groups
Donator ♥ Benevolent Soul who has our eternal gratitude and exclusive access to betas and the donator section of the forum.
pcmodder's Contact & Social Linkspcmodderugxken5hir0
Thanks man i appreciate feedback i will take this and apply it to the update of this map and the new map currently being worked on :D
//
I agree on the textures point you made i have been obtaining some new / custom textures and currently re texturing the map .
//
I would like to get more "replayability" out of the map , what exactly would your suggestions be on improving playability for this map ? :D
Date Registered: 29 July 2015
Last active: 5 years ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Perk Hacker
Primary Group
Donator ♥
My Groups
More
More
Personal Quote
children should not be playing call of duty
Koan's Groups
Oil Rig Beta Access
Oil Rig Beta Access
Koan's Contact & Social Linksh-r_Koan_my website
Thanks man i appreciate feedback i will take this and apply it to the update of this map and the new map currently being worked on :D
//
I agree on the textures point you made i have been obtaining some new / custom textures and currently re texturing the map .
//
I would like to get more "replayability" out of the map , what exactly would your suggestions be on improving playability for this map ? :D

I don't recommend changing your first map. It is what it is. Focus your time and energy into making your next map as good as it can be.

To improve replayability, there needs to be aspects that make the player want to return that aren't just more doors and weapons and shit. UGX Mod offers usre editing; you could script your own gamemodes, have more than one line of objectives, multiple combinations of events. I'm being slightly vague because I don't want to tell you how to make your map, because the creative part is up to you.
Date Registered: 2 September 2013
Last active: 6 days ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Perk Hacker
Primary Group
Community Mapper
My Groups
More
More
Personal Quote
Ping998
Signature
"My maps might not be the best looking, or the most hyped, but I still release them in hopes that they can make others somewhat happy"

- Ping
Ping998's Groups
Community Mapper Has released one or more maps to the UGX-Mods community which have been added to the UGX Map Manager.
Ping998's Contact & Social LinksPing998Ping998ZPing998CreepersAreAwesome
A bit harsh imo, the level of detail should be around 6 or 7.

I agree with you on custom content factor however it could be lowered to a 4 if you want.

People NEED to learn TO STOP slapping the UGX mod on any map to make it "good". Using the UGX mod is like a coward's way out. There are PLENTY of custom content on this site that you can download and many tutorial that accompany them to make a map without the UGX mod 100x better than when it was with the UGX mod. There are no excuses.

Whilst pcmodder has added a few extra custom content out with the UGX mod, it's not good enough. In your next map pcmodder DO NOT use the UGX mod! Use the tutorials found here: http://ugx-mods.com/forum/index.php/board,50.0.html

(also try looking at the "downloadable items for mappers" section of the website)

But overall, good for an attempt, I hope to see more from you in the future.

- Ping
OnionmanVere Bo21
Date Registered: 27 September 2013
Last active: 1 year ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Zombie Destroyer
Primary Group
Community Mapper
My Groups
More
Personal Quote
ok
Signature
Aye mate you don't know me so y don't you shut tf up ok buddy :)

Scobalula's Groups
Box Mappers Elite
Box Mappers Elite
Community Mapper Has released one or more maps to the UGX-Mods community which have been added to the UGX Map Manager.
Community Scripter Has shown effort and knowledge in the area of scripting while being a part of the UGX-Mods community.
Scobalula's Contact & Social Links
People NEED to learn TO STOP slapping the UGX mod on any map to make it "good". Using the UGX mod is like a coward's way out. There are PLENTY of custom content on this site that you can download and many tutorial that accompany them to make a map without the UGX mod 100x better than when it was with the UGX mod. There are no excuses.

And slapping Rorke's guns in a map isn't a "coward's way out"? ::)
Date Registered: 22 September 2014
Respect
Forum Rank
Perk Hacker
Primary Group
Donator ♥
My Groups
More
More
Personal Quote
Here to make epic maps
pcmodder's Groups
pcmodder's Contact & Social Linkspcmodderugxken5hir0
Creepers i think you need to look up the definition of the word coward :)  I think a more appropriate term is ( Incapable , easy , effortless ) However i did try a good few times to make / port my own weapons , a process that led me to the UGX mod in the first place :)

What am i supposed to do guys my focus is on the map / playable area i have difficulty porting guns etc so UGX mod is an option for a mapper like me. Alternatively there are modders who prefer to port / script before mapping.

I have tried numerous times to watch tuts and port guns, it took me long enough to get models for the map let alone guns. I am ofc trying to sort out my guns for this map to be updated and new maps i need to team up with a gun porter or someone and make it epic.

Also i know some guys say UGX mod is old , i understand  that but for some new to the scene it is still new , with the UGX mod i was able to focus on the map , allowing extra time for the map rather than to port guns that i have seemed to have such difficulty with.

Soon the 1.1 will be availible ( i hope ) and i can smash a few maps onto that before it gets old :D

Man i had a bit of a time editing that post too lol
Respect
Forum Rank
Perk Hacker
Primary Group
Community Mapper
My Groups
More
More
Personal Quote
Ping998
Ping998's Groups
Creepers i think you need to look up the definition of the word coward :)  I think a more appropriate term is ( Incapable , lazy )

What am i supposed to do guys my focus is on the map / playable area i have difficulty porting guns etc so UGX mod is an option for a mapper like me. Alternatively there are modders who prefer to port / script before mapping.

I have tried numerous times to watch tuts and port guns, it took me long enough to get models for the map let alone guns. I am ofc trying to sort out my guns for this map to be updated and new maps i need to team up with a gun porter or someone and make it epic.

Also i know some guys say UGX mod is old , i understand  that but for some new to the scene it is still new , with the UGX mod i was able to focus on the map , allowing extra time for the map rather than to port guns that i have seemed to have such difficulty with.

First off, I wasn't calling you a coward I was relating it to the common phrase "coward's way out" as a way to explain how many mappers who put time and effort into their maps just put the UGX mod on their map, making it very boring and appearing to be lacking potential. I feel your map does have potential and like I said, your maps will be the ones to stand out. I would even say that this map definitely shines over some of my maps by far.

Tbh if I was you and I had no access to guns apart from the UGX mod, I'd use the multiplayer guns from WaW, possibly make them elemental, change the camos etc. It makes things different and will attract more people to your map. Just a suggestion (you don't have to listen to it).

And slapping Rorke's guns in a map isn't a "coward's way out"? ::)

And Scobalula, I was referring to custom content as a whole, I like to make my maps very different, such as with the tower defence system on alien defense and finding secret buttons on Bunbury. Just because I use Rorkes guns doesn't mean I categorise my maps like hundreds of others have under a label that has grown exceedingly old. Not saying that people should never have used the mod, I'm just saying that you've got less chance of making an impact with a map that uses something that so many other maps have used.

After all, it's just my opinion.
Date Registered: 17 January 2014
Respect
1,004Add +1
Forum Rank
Immortal
Primary Group
Community Scripter
My Groups
More
More
Signature
If you want scripts / features made for you, then contact me by PM or email / skype etc
it will cost you tho so if you have no intention of reciprocating don't even waste my time ;)
Harry Bo21's Groups
Community Scripter Has shown effort and knowledge in the area of scripting while being a part of the UGX-Mods community.
Harry Bo21's Contact & Social Links[email protected]HarryBo21HarryBo000
//
//
Consider this :

He didnt mention any bugs

None

So id say just concentrate on future work rather than revisiting this. People are constantly doing that around here and its frankly a massive bore lol

Maybe come back to it next year, after youve done like 2 or 3 others, when youve gained a load more experience, rather than just "learned a thing or two" more than you knew when you made this to begin with

Weve seen enough version 1.3.5.6.7.4.23.5.6.8.4.23.2.5.7.8.5 of maps methinks lol, well overused now, half the people doing it dont even understand the revision numbers they are using  :D

V X - complete new revision

V X.X - major changes to said revision

V X.X.X - minor changes to a revision

Creepers i think you need to look up the definition of the word coward :)  I think a more appropriate term is ( Incapable , easy , effortless ) However i did try a good few times to make / port my own weapons , a process that led me to the UGX mod in the first place :)

Soon the 1.1 will be availible ( i hope ) and i can smash a few maps onto that before it gets old :D

Man i had a bit of a time editing that post too lol

Dont be disheartened by that bro, some people around here just refuse to accept that some people are mappers, not modders, not scripters - some people just enjoy "mapping"

Its not a "cowards way out" to use something that was "specifically" made to help people exactly like you, to still make good content. The mods just old now and hes just being too harsh. No one should complain that someone used the UGX mod on their "first ever" map...

People NEED to learn TO STOP slapping the UGX mod on any map to make it "good"

Which he proved with this comment " people need to stop" - this is YOUR first and only map? Clearly he harbours a grudge due to "other" peoples work using the mod

to explain how many mappers who put time and effort into their maps

So it didnt need saying then did it?

Tbh if I was you and I had no access to guns apart from the UGX mod, I'd use the multiplayer guns from WaW, possibly make them elemental, change the camos etc. It makes things different and will attract more people to your map. Just a suggestion (you don't have to listen to it).
Right so using a mod designed to be used is wrong, but banging in all the default 8 year old MP weapons from the exact same game is cool tho?

Not saying that people should never have used the mod, I'm just saying that you've got less chance of making an impact with a map that uses something that so many other maps have used.

Again bro, its his "first" map, your being way too harsh
Respect
Forum Rank
Perk Hacker
Primary Group
Community Mapper
My Groups
More
More
Personal Quote
Ping998
Ping998's Groups
Dont be disheartened by that bro, some people around here just refuse to accept that some people are mappers, not modders, not scripters - some people just enjoy "mapping"

Its not a "cowards way out" to use something that was "specifically" made to help people exactly like you, to still make good content. The mods just old now and hes just being too harsh. No one should complain that someone used the UGX mod on their "first ever" map...

Which he proved with this comment " people need to stop" - this is YOUR first and only map? Clearly he harbours a grudge due to "other" peoples work using the mod

Sorry if I appear to be hostile, I'm really not, I'm just trying to give pcmodder some negative reinforcement. I know that people if someone were to heavily criticise my work (which they have done before), I would be spurred on to make bigger and better maps. In all honesty, the UGX mod is fine to use but I would recommend trying new things  ;)
Date Registered: 17 January 2014
Respect
1,004Add +1
Forum Rank
Immortal
Primary Group
Community Scripter
My Groups
More
More
Harry Bo21's Groups
Harry Bo21's Contact & Social Links[email protected]HarryBo21HarryBo000
Sorry if I appear to be hostile, I'm really not, I'm just trying to give pcmodder some negative reinforcement. I know that people if someone were to heavily criticise my work (which they have done before), I would be spurred on to make bigger and better maps. In all honesty, the UGX mod is fine to use but I would recommend trying new things  ;)
this is not a topic for "suggesting improvement"

this is "koan's" review, not yours
Respect
Forum Rank
Perk Hacker
Primary Group
Community Mapper
My Groups
More
More
Personal Quote
Ping998
Ping998's Groups
this is not a topic for "suggesting improvement"

this is "koan's" review, not yours

Fair enough.

Loading ...