My Groups
More
My Contact & Social Links
More
Personal Quote
Letting Zombies eat my brains since 82
Signature
Zombiejelly's Groups
Donator ♥ Benevolent Soul who has our eternal gratitude and exclusive access to betas and the donator section of the forum.
Zombiejelly's Contact & Social LinksZombiejelly115Zombiejelly115@BradtimmsZombiejelly
in my opinion I would get Windows 7 for a few reasons. One reason is that it seems that most tutorials you watch/read on something. Most of those are using Win 7. I think its more user friendly. I have never really used Windows 8 so I cant say anything bad about it because I dont know. When I bought my Alienware x51 it came with Windows 7 and my sons computer I bought recently also came with Windows 7. So I think for gaming you should roll with 7. Anyway good luck :)
broken avatar :(
[UGX] Founder
Date Registered: 24 June 2011
Last active: 8 months ago
Respect
6,691Add +1
Forum Rank
Immortal
Primary Group
UGX Administrator
My Groups
More
More
Signature
If Java had true garbage collection, most programs would delete themselves upon execution.
treminaor's Groups
UGX Administrator
UGX Team Member
UGX Site Moderator Has the ability to issue warnings to users, edit and remove posts from the forum and to move topics to other boards. Upholds the rules of the forum. Moderates Chat Rooms.
Date Registered: 11 May 2013
Last active: 2 years ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Zombie Colossus
Primary Group
Donator ♥
My Groups
More
More
Personal Quote
SHOW ME WHAT YOU GOT
Signature
DeathBringerZen's Groups
Donator ♥ Benevolent Soul who has our eternal gratitude and exclusive access to betas and the donator section of the forum.
http://www.neowin.net/news/windows-8-ux-designer-on-metro-it-is-the-antithesis-of-a-power-user

Very interesting read. It does seem like Windows 8 is a "beta" for what they will give us with Windows 9.

I hate the metro screen. I never use it, but appreciate that it would be much more welcomed if using a touch screen device like the surface tablet.

It does not help that the windows app store has nothing good in it. Well, it has some respectable enough apps, but it is shallow when compared to the play store or itunes.
[UGX] Founder
Date Registered: 24 June 2011
Last active: 8 months ago
Respect
6,691Add +1
Forum Rank
Immortal
Primary Group
UGX Administrator
My Groups
More
More
treminaor's Groups
UGX Administrator
UGX Team Member
UGX Site Moderator Has the ability to issue warnings to users, edit and remove posts from the forum and to move topics to other boards. Upholds the rules of the forum. Moderates Chat Rooms.
Very interesting read. It does seem like Windows 8 is a "beta" for what they will give us with Windows 9.
Similarly Windows Vista seems like a beta of what they gave us in Windows 7.
Date Registered: 20 July 2013
Last active: 4 years ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Mr. Elemental
Primary Group
More
Personal Quote
Pro Mapper in Training
Signature
Firestorm - Releasing June 2019 :troll: | http://ugx-mods.com/forum/index.php?topic=1439.0
RonanMerriman's Groups
RonanMerriman's Contact & Social Linksronan_merrimanmerrimand8merrimand8
Sorry to stir up such a discussion. I shall show this to my dad and hopefully he will see the light ;)
Date Registered: 11 May 2013
Last active: 2 years ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Zombie Colossus
Primary Group
Donator ♥
My Groups
More
More
Personal Quote
SHOW ME WHAT YOU GOT
DeathBringerZen's Groups
Similarly Windows Vista seems like a beta of what they gave us in Windows 7.

Yeah, I supposed it could be compared in that way, although I do think Vista was a complete disaster considering how much time they put into the development of it. The Longhorn beta was much better than Vista, so I am not sure why they made such major changes last minute. It showed either way.

I think Windows 8 is a decent OS, but it is not dramatically different to Windows 7, and was obviously released with the touch screen generation in mind.

Shame they have not fixed the stupid mouse moving shortcuts in 8.1. They piss me off soooooo much.
Date Registered: 4 December 2013
Respect
Forum Rank
Legless Crawler
Primary Group
Community Mapper
My Groups
More
More
ZK Studios's Groups
Community Mapper Has released one or more maps to the UGX-Mods community which have been added to the UGX Map Manager.
Windows 7 all the way. Especially if you are planning on getting into modding or zombies mapping. I have both operating systems, and Windows 7 is the way to go
Date Registered: 25 June 2012
Respect
Forum Rank
Zombie Enslaver
Primary Group
Community Mapper
My Groups
More
More
Signature
Fallout Assault Center - Released!

Z ASYLUM - WIP  https://ugx-mods.com/forum/index.php/topic,15236.msg150610.html#msg150610

Xbl, psn, and steam username is nickst98
nickst98's Groups
Community Mapper Has released one or more maps to the UGX-Mods community which have been added to the UGX Map Manager.
got win 7 pro, love it, i have tried 8.1 and it is good, but some 7 games are not supported
Date Registered: 3 January 2014
Respect
Forum Rank
Legless Crawler
Primary Group
More
GAFerreira13's Groups
I think you should get windows 8 unless it doesn't support something you need. I'm currently using Windows 7 and tried 8.1, i prefer the latter. Regardless of it being crap or not, it's an upgrade from windows 7, it's much better in terms of performance, it's updated, it doesn't have the security holes that windows 7's system has. And I've been virus free for some years .
 I download lots of stuff from the internet and don't use an antivirus, i just run malwarebytes' anti-malware every month to ensure that everything's OK.
In my dad's company, I helped him build a computer than only had an Intel Haswell Pentium CPU (low-medium class CPU), a basic MOBO, an SSD and a hard drive. It boots in 5 seconds, 3 of these seconds are to show POST (the first screen it shows up when you turn on your computer, with the Motherboard brand and stuff). Windows 8 boots up in 2 seconds in a PENTIUM CPU!!!

The only thing I hate in windows 8 is that it doesn't have the start menu, but once you get used to some shorcuts in Windows 8 your productivity doesn't suffer much. But, it's a change, the problem with people that complain about Windows 8 is, or they share other people's opinions without even trying it, or they don't like change.
Things have to change sometimes.
People also often complain about the Metro-style menu, like if it didn't let you do anything at all unless you gave some atention to it. I don't really mind it, just ignore it and keep enjoying your time in your computer. Why is it so hard for people to understand that?

Last Edit: February 22, 2014, 12:53:05 am by GAFerreira13
Date Registered: 20 August 2013
Last active: 8 years ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Fresh Corpse
Primary Group
More
WarrantIllusion's Contact & Social Linkshttp://steamcommunity.com/id/WarrantIllusionVeilOfDecay
Definitly windows 7 Ultimate edition, windows 8 has so much unnecessary garbage on it.
Date Registered: 3 January 2014
Respect
Forum Rank
Legless Crawler
Primary Group
More
GAFerreira13's Groups
reviving a dead topic.. congrats for your first post i guess lol