Created 10 years ago
by BioAftermath
broken avatar :(
  • DeletedUser
  • Deleted Member
DeletedUser
This user is deleted :(
Ah. Well my laptop switches between the intel hd integrated and the 660M depending on what you're doing to save energy - but it doesn't use both at the same time. Are you sure your laptop uses them both at once?
Now, I actually think not.
Date Registered: 3 January 2014
Last active: 4 years ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Legless Crawler
Primary Group
My Contact & Social Links
More
GAFerreira13's Groups
And after you sell your GPU I recommend buying AMD since bitcoin's starting to crash and all AMD GPUs will lower prices hugely.
Date Registered: 8 July 2013
Last active: 2 years ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Mr. Elemental
Primary Group
Donator ♥
My Groups
More
More
Personal Quote
I like cheese.
BioAftermath's Groups
Donator ♥ Benevolent Soul who has our eternal gratitude and exclusive access to betas and the donator section of the forum.
BioAftermath's Contact & Social LinksErneldBioAftermath
So, where would I sell my graphics card? I have an XFX Radeon HD 7950 Black Edition with 3GB of ram. It cost about $350-400, I was planning on selling it for about $300.
  • DeletedUser
  • Deleted Member
DeletedUser
This user is deleted :(
So, where would I sell my graphics card? I have an XFX Radeon HD 7950 Black Edition with 3GB of ram. It cost about $350-400, I was planning on selling it for about $300.
Ebay, Craigslist, etc.
[UGX] Founder
Date Registered: 24 June 2011
Last active: 8 months ago
Respect
6,691Add +1
Forum Rank
Immortal
Primary Group
UGX Administrator
My Groups
More
More
Signature
If Java had true garbage collection, most programs would delete themselves upon execution.
treminaor's Groups
UGX Administrator
UGX Team Member
UGX Site Moderator Has the ability to issue warnings to users, edit and remove posts from the forum and to move topics to other boards. Upholds the rules of the forum. Moderates Chat Rooms.
No one is going to buy your used one for only $50 less than what you paid for it new.

I would put it up for $200 or $250 if it were mine.
Respect
Forum Rank
Mr. Elemental
Primary Group
Donator ♥
My Groups
More
More
Personal Quote
I like cheese.
BioAftermath's Groups
Donator ♥ Benevolent Soul who has our eternal gratitude and exclusive access to betas and the donator section of the forum.
No one is going to buy your used one for only $50 less than what you paid for it new.

I would put it up for $200 or $250 if it were mine.
Alright, thanks for the suggestion. I've got my eyes on this one: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00CUIVSNS/ref=s9_simh_gw_p147_d0_i1?pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_s=center-5&pf_rd_r=1Z8MX2KGQ833MJX2HNXA&pf_rd_t=101&pf_rd_p=1741301142&pf_rd_i=507846
It's pricey, but if I sell my graphics card for $200-$250 it will be a lot cheaper. Plus, I didn't get any Christmas presents, so I wanted to combine what I could have gotten then and my birthday presents so I could get something goo. I also need to upgrade my RAM, and (I know this my sound a bit stupid upgrading in a PC setup) my desk and chair because they suck. I probably won't get all of it now, but I really need a good desk and chair.
[UGX] Founder
Respect
6,691Add +1
Forum Rank
Immortal
Primary Group
UGX Administrator
My Groups
More
More
treminaor's Groups
UGX Administrator
UGX Team Member
UGX Site Moderator Has the ability to issue warnings to users, edit and remove posts from the forum and to move topics to other boards. Upholds the rules of the forum. Moderates Chat Rooms.
Alright, thanks for the suggestion. I've got my eyes on this one: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00CUIVSNS/ref=s9_simh_gw_p147_d0_i1?pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_s=center-5&pf_rd_r=1Z8MX2KGQ833MJX2HNXA&pf_rd_t=101&pf_rd_p=1741301142&pf_rd_i=507846
It's pricey, but if I sell my graphics card for $200-$250 it will be a lot cheaper. Plus, I didn't get any Christmas presents, so I wanted to combine what I could have gotten then and my birthday presents so I could get something goo. I also need to upgrade my RAM, and (I know this my sound a bit stupid upgrading in a PC setup) my desk and chair because they suck. I probably won't get all of it now, but I really need a good desk and chair.
Excellent card - if you get that it will not disappoint you - make sure you've got a proper i5/7 CPU to back up that bad boy, otherwise you'll be bottlenecked.
Respect
Forum Rank
Mr. Elemental
Primary Group
Donator ♥
My Groups
More
More
Personal Quote
I like cheese.
BioAftermath's Groups
Excellent card - if you get that it will not disappoint you - make sure you've got a proper i5/7 CPU to back up that bad boy, otherwise you'll be bottlenecked.
I have an i5-3470 @3.20GHz 3.60GHz. I just hope I have enough wattage to support it.
[UGX] Founder
Respect
6,691Add +1
Forum Rank
Immortal
Primary Group
UGX Administrator
My Groups
More
More
treminaor's Groups
UGX Administrator
UGX Team Member
I have an i5-3470 @3.20GHz 3.60GHz. I just hope I have enough wattage to support it.
What PSU are you using? And how much RAM?
Respect
Forum Rank
Mr. Elemental
Primary Group
Donator ♥
My Groups
More
More
Personal Quote
I like cheese.
BioAftermath's Groups
What PSU are you using? And how much RAM?
PSU? Not sure what that is. And 8GB of RAM, but I need to get a bit more that writes data quick because I'm having problems compiling my map and building my mod.

☭ Soviet Commander ☭
Date Registered: 13 August 2012
Last active: 8 years ago
Respect
Forum Rank
King of the Zombies
Primary Group
Community Daedra
My Groups
More
More
Signature
Let's keep this thread on topic from here on in. -DBZ

+1 to off-topic reply -DBZ

lmao. Too funny.

Goliath Script Placer: http://ugx-mods.com/forum/index.php/topic,11234.msg125257/topicseen.html#new

"...Christ, people. Learn C, instead of just stringing random characters
together until it compiles (with warnings)..."

-Linus Torvalds
daedra descent's Groups
Community Daedra
Community Daedra
daedra descent's Contact & Social LinksBlueSoviet
PSU? Not sure what that is. And 8GB of RAM, but I need to get a bit more that writes data quick because I'm having problems compiling my map and building my mod.

PSU = Power Supply (Unit?), in other words the component that you plug your power cord into.

Respect
Forum Rank
Mr. Elemental
Primary Group
Donator ♥
My Groups
More
More
Personal Quote
I like cheese.
BioAftermath's Groups
PSU = Power Supply (Unit?), in other words the component that you plug your power cord into.
I have a 500 watt supply.
☭ Soviet Commander ☭
Date Registered: 13 August 2012
Last active: 8 years ago
Respect
Forum Rank
King of the Zombies
Primary Group
Community Daedra
My Groups
More
More
daedra descent's Groups
Community Daedra
Community Daedra
daedra descent's Contact & Social LinksBlueSoviet
I have a 500 watt supply.

According to the GeForce website your PSU needs to be atleast 600 watts, as the GPU takes up 250 Watts by itself.

Link: http://www.geforce.com/hardware/desktop-gpus/geforce-gtx-780/specifications
Respect
Forum Rank
Mr. Elemental
Primary Group
Donator ♥
My Groups
More
More
Personal Quote
I like cheese.
BioAftermath's Groups
According to the GeForce website your PSU needs to be atleast 600 watts, as the GPU takes up 250 Watts by itself.

Link: http://www.geforce.com/hardware/desktop-gpus/geforce-gtx-780/specifications
So I guess I'll have to try to sell the power supply too, and get a 750 watt supply.
[UGX] Founder
Respect
6,691Add +1
Forum Rank
Immortal
Primary Group
UGX Administrator
My Groups
More
More
treminaor's Groups
UGX Administrator
UGX Team Member
So I guess I'll have to try to sell the power supply too, and get a 750 watt supply.
Definitely. And don't cheap out on it - expect to pay at least $150+ for a good one. Nothing under $100 is safe to use, efficient, or well-made.

Loading ...