Created 9 years ago
by Alerion
broken avatar :(
  • DeletedUser
  • Deleted Member
DeletedUser
This user is deleted :(
I used to boot into a functional state on Windows 7 in about 2-3 minutes, Windows 8.1 took that down to about a minute and Windows 10 now boots in 10-20 seconds. None of this was on a clean install.
Can confirm, I have a cluttered AF PC and still boots pretty fast.
OnionmanVere Bo21
Date Registered: 27 September 2013
Last active: 1 year ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Zombie Destroyer
Primary Group
Community Mapper
My Groups
More
Personal Quote
ok
Signature
Aye mate you don't know me so y don't you shut tf up ok buddy :)

Scobalula's Groups
Donator ♥ Benevolent Soul who has our eternal gratitude and exclusive access to betas and the donator section of the forum.
Box Mappers Elite
Box Mappers Elite
Community Mapper Has released one or more maps to the UGX-Mods community which have been added to the UGX Map Manager.
Community Scripter Has shown effort and knowledge in the area of scripting while being a part of the UGX-Mods community.
Scobalula's Contact & Social Links
Then use a local account without a password? You're not forced to use a Microsoft account you know. ::)

lol yeah, I don't use a MS Account at all and no issues, and you can unlink it or revert to a local account if you want. With 8.1 though if you were connected to the internet the option was semi-hidden, you needed to click "Don't have an account?" or whatever it said and the option was there, when I installed 10 it was more obvious.

And longer waiting time for it to start? Erhm, Windows 8 and especially Windows 10 have had huge improvements in boot times... I used to boot into a functional state on Windows 7 in about 2-3 minutes, Windows 8.1 took that down to about a minute and Windows 10 now boots in 10-20 seconds. None of this was on a clean install.

I can confirm this also, on my PC and my Dad's laptop boot times and overall performance has improved, only issue I had originally was drive disappearing which seems to have been fixed.
JbirdHaX
Date Registered: 12 March 2012
Last active: 11 months ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Zombie Colossus
Primary Group
Community Mapper Elite
My Groups
More
My Contact & Social Links
More
Personal Quote
(_̅(_̅м̅a̅я̅i̅j̅u̅a̅n̅a̅_̅0 ด้้้้้็็็็็้้้้้็็็็็้
Signature
▒█▀▄▀█ ░█▀▀█ ▒█▀▀█ ▒█▀▀█ ▒█▀▀▀ ▒█▀▀█  ▒█▀▀▀ ▒█░░ ▀█▀ ▀▀█▀▀ ▒█▀▀▀
▒█▒█▒█ ▒█▄▄█ ▒█▄▄█ ▒█▄▄█ ▒█▀▀▀ ▒█▄▄▀  ▒█▀▀▀ ▒█░░ ▒█░ ░▒█░░ ▒█▀▀▀
▒█░░▒█ ▒█░▒█ ▒█░░░ ▒█░░░ ▒█▄▄▄ ▒█░▒█  ▒█▄▄▄ ▒█▄▄ ▄█▄ ░▒█░░ ▒█▄▄▄
RadimaX's Groups
Community Mapper Elite Has shown excellence and experience in the area of custom mapping in the UGX-Mods community.
BO3 Modtools Alpha
BO3 Modtools Alpha
This user has access to the Black Ops 3 Modtools Alpha
jr-imagine thats propably why there is tutorials on how to stop spying and tracking features for windows 10 :P
The Voice in your Eyes
Date Registered: 26 June 2013
Last active: 2 years ago
Respect
Forum Rank
The Decider
Primary Group
Community Mapper
My Groups
More
More
Personal Quote
Breton boys do what Breton boys do.
Alerion's Groups
Donator ♥ Benevolent Soul who has our eternal gratitude and exclusive access to betas and the donator section of the forum.
Community Mapper Has released one or more maps to the UGX-Mods community which have been added to the UGX Map Manager.
Why would you need tutorials for that when you're literally asked if you want them during installation?
Except for a few less worrying ones which are one of the main-tabs of your settings...
Or are there any hidden features too? (and please don't say cortona :please:)
JbirdHaX
Date Registered: 12 March 2012
Last active: 11 months ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Zombie Colossus
Primary Group
Community Mapper Elite
My Groups
More
More
Personal Quote
(_̅(_̅м̅a̅я̅i̅j̅u̅a̅n̅a̅_̅0 ด้้้้้็็็็็้้้้้็็็็็้
RadimaX's Groups
Community Mapper Elite Has shown excellence and experience in the area of custom mapping in the UGX-Mods community.
BO3 Modtools Alpha
BO3 Modtools Alpha
This user has access to the Black Ops 3 Modtools Alpha
42 sec is some of it:

! No longer available
Last Edit: September 27, 2015, 03:34:54 pm by RadimaX
The Voice in your Eyes
Respect
Forum Rank
The Decider
Primary Group
Community Mapper
My Groups
More
More
Personal Quote
Alerion's Groups
You can disable auto-updates:|

Also, all of the mentioned features can be turned off. If they WOULD still collect my data they wouldn't be allowed to use that against me, at least not in Germany.
☭ Soviet Commander ☭
Date Registered: 13 August 2012
Last active: 8 years ago
Respect
Forum Rank
King of the Zombies
Primary Group
Community Daedra
My Groups
More
More
Signature
Let's keep this thread on topic from here on in. -DBZ

+1 to off-topic reply -DBZ

lmao. Too funny.

Goliath Script Placer: http://ugx-mods.com/forum/index.php/topic,11234.msg125257/topicseen.html#new

"...Christ, people. Learn C, instead of just stringing random characters
together until it compiles (with warnings)..."

-Linus Torvalds
daedra descent's Groups
Community Daedra
Community Daedra
daedra descent's Contact & Social LinksBlueSoviet
Why would you need tutorials for that when you're literally asked if you want them during installation?
Except for a few less worrying ones which are one of the main-tabs of your settings...

Less worrying ones = sending data to Microsoft's servers when your not even using their services/Apps without you knowing. If you don't see an issue with that then you don't care enough about your privacy.

Or are there any hidden features too? (and please don't say cortona :please:)

Yes Cortana.  ::)

You can disable auto-updates:|

At the cost of not getting bug and security updates.  Otherwise you can delay updates but that could cause other issues... like the computer resarting when typing up a research paper(true story).

Also, all of the mentioned features can be turned off. If they WOULD still collect my data they wouldn't be allowed to use that against me, at least not in Germany.

"Atleast not in Germany"

Other governments can still get your information if they really wanted it.
Last Edit: September 27, 2015, 06:07:26 pm by daedra descent
The Voice in your Eyes
Respect
Forum Rank
The Decider
Primary Group
Community Mapper
My Groups
More
More
Personal Quote
Alerion's Groups
Less worrying ones = sending data to Microsoft's servers when your not even using their services/Apps without you knowing. If you don't see an issue with that then you don't care enough about your privacy.

It's not without my knowing:p also I did switch these off of course

At the cost of not getting bug and security updates..

No shit, but has that ever been different?

Yup, but if microsoft intends to kill random people we're fucked anyways.
☭ Soviet Commander ☭
Date Registered: 13 August 2012
Last active: 8 years ago
Respect
Forum Rank
King of the Zombies
Primary Group
Community Daedra
My Groups
More
More
daedra descent's Groups
Community Daedra
Community Daedra
daedra descent's Contact & Social LinksBlueSoviet
also I did switch these off of course

Even if you did, some forms of data collection (supposedly) can't be turned off.

No shit, but has that ever been different?

Yes it has, because before you could actually pick and choose what updates you want installed. Don't want that buggy nvidia display driver? You don't have to install it. Not so now, not without completely disabling updates and leaving yourself open to viruses and dealing with bugs.

Yup, but if microsoft intends to kill random people we're fucked anyways.

WTF are you talking about? I was referring to http://arstechnica.com/tech-policy/2014/12/microsoft-tells-us-the-worlds-servers-are-not-yours-for-the-taking/ .
The Voice in your Eyes
Respect
Forum Rank
The Decider
Primary Group
Community Mapper
My Groups
More
More
Personal Quote
Alerion's Groups
Yes it has, because before you could actually pick and choose what updates you want installed. Don't want that buggy nvidia display driver? You don't have to install it. Not so now, not without completely disabling updates and leaving yourself open to viruses and dealing with bugs.

I get your point but the display drivers were a bad choice:p I never used the windows-tool to update them.

WTF are you talking about? I was referring to http://arstechnica.com/tech-policy/2014/12/microsoft-tells-us-the-worlds-servers-are-not-yours-for-the-taking/ .

You mean THAT way round, then at least microsoft wouldn't be the ones to blame.
Still it would be their fault that they stored all that info of course.
Date Registered: 17 August 2013
Respect
Forum Rank
Perk Hacker
Primary Group
Community Scripter
My Groups
More
More
Personal Quote
Web & Software Developer and Designer
Signature
"Deleted code is debugged code." - Jeff Sickel
"Mathematicians stand on each others' shoulders and computer scientists stand on each others' toes." - Richard Hamming
JR-Imagine's Groups
Community Scripter Has shown effort and knowledge in the area of scripting while being a part of the UGX-Mods community.
Without you knowing? Erhm, it's all in the Terms of Service which YOU agreed to upon upgrading/installing the OS.

Which is completely illegal. If any government were to request information they'd need to comply with the country of residence's privacy laws.

Quickly read over the article, Microsoft is completely in the right here. It's not about the holder of the information, it's the person the information is from which privacy laws apply to meaning if Microsoft were to give the US government a European citizen's information without their consent they'd be breaking the law.

You mean THAT way round, then at least microsoft wouldn't be the ones to blame.
Still it would be their fault that they stored all that info of course.
Basically you're saying: "I gave you this information as part of an account/payment/whatever but you can't store it for usage later down the line." That's not how the internet works.
The Voice in your Eyes
Respect
Forum Rank
The Decider
Primary Group
Community Mapper
My Groups
More
More
Personal Quote
Alerion's Groups
Basically you're saying: "I gave you this information as part of an account/payment/whatever but you can't store it for usage later down the line." That's not how the internet works.

That depends on what information is stored and what is not. A keylog for example is not what I count towards the "typically saved data".
Date Registered: 4 August 2015
Last active: 7 years ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Legless Crawler
Primary Group
jrascov's Groups
jrascov's Contact & Social Links
One of my friends recently got windows 10 and it seems according to him that Cod Waw from Steam doesn't work some how. You guys know about this issue?
  • DeletedUser
  • Deleted Member
DeletedUser
This user is deleted :(
If you don't want them too keylog you disable it. and if you don't web tracking get a nontrackable browser and use a proxy, also have two google accounts. One for business and the other for leisure. and whenever you do anything that is even remotely shady, turn n your prox and annonymous browsing, and your free to go. This method keeps most tracking away. Besides i don't really care if microsoft is tracking me. I'm sure after all the things i've searched without my proxy and annonymous identity browser, the government is probably already tracking me.

Speak of the devil
Spoiler: click to open...
The Voice in your Eyes
Respect
Forum Rank
The Decider
Primary Group
Community Mapper
My Groups
More
More
Personal Quote
Alerion's Groups
I'm sure after all the things i've searched without my proxy and annonymous identity browser, the government is probably already tracking me.

I get the feeling that almost anyone in here thinks that way ::)

Loading ...