- v1.1: Added 32bit x86 support.
This program will create an installer for your map. It also supports installing .bik files. When finished installing, it will create a shorcut to launch the map inside a folder named "UGX Community Maps" on your desktop. No annoying Start Menu shortcuts or folders are created.
You may ask "Why do we need this when we have the UGX Map Manager?". This will be used by mappers to initially package up their map for download in the Releases section - once a map has been downloaded, played, and approved by a UGX Staff member, THEN that map gets added to the UGX Map Manager. If the map is not approved for the Manager, it will remain as an EXE Installer download.
How to Use
This functions the same way that other map install generators work - it should be a familiar process to mapping veterans. There have been a few small improvements, however:
- You no longer have to choose a compression setting in the zip2exe screen - just select your ZIP archive and go!
- The installer will automatically find your CoDWaW installation regardless of your Windows version - if you have a non-regular install of CoDWaW which the program cannot find, it will only ask you ONCE to locate it - from that point on, it will remember the location you specified for future map installations.
- The installer is endorsed (and created) by our site, and using it helps promote us!
To pack up your map, simply follow these steps:
- 1. Locate your compiled map's folder. This will be in
- OPTIONAL: If you want to package a .bik load video with your map, name it the following and add it to your map's folder:
- 2. Using an archiving program of your choice (We recommend WinRAR or 7zip), create a ZIP archive of your map's folder by right-clicking the folder and using the contextual menu for your chosen archive program. Do NOT use RAR or any other archive format except for ZIP
- 3. Open "zip2exe.exe" from within the downloaded UGX Installation Creator's "Bin" folder. This will open a program called "zip2exe".
- 4. Click Browse, and find your newly created ZIP archive. Once chosen, you will see a list of all files appear in the center of the zip2exe window.
- 5. Finally, click the Generate button. A pop-up window will appear with some scrolling text - please wait for this process to finish as it does take some time to compress large FF files. Once the process is finished, the OK button will appear and a Test button will appear. Click OK to close the window. You will find your newly generated installer in the same folder as the ZIP archive you created.
Upload your installer to the file host of your choice. We used to recommend Mega.co.nz, but their URL formatting does not work very well on forums and the links usually end up being broken.
- [You are not allowed to view external links. Register or Login to see them] - be sure and use the "Share link" which Anyone can view.
- [You are not allowed to view external links. Register or Login to see them]
- [You are not allowed to view external links. Register or Login to see them] - this will upload to many hosts simultaneously, but has a 300mb size limit.
Do NOT use any of these hosts:
- [You are not allowed to view external links. Register or Login to see them] - slow download speed for a lot of US residents, and url formatting does not always work on forums.
- [You are not allowed to view external links. Register or Login to see them] - downloading is blocked in many countries.
- [You are not allowed to view external links. Register or Login to see them] - slow download speeds